Beyoncé and Jay-Z have turned their backs on social responsibility': Harry Belafonte says couple don

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #21
Melle 52 heat pts52
space
space
$3,934 | Props total: 2689 2689
 TheMindOf said:

African Americans have the ability to be whatever they want. All you have to do is:

1) Stay in school, study hard and make the grades. (Somewhat Agree)

2) Don't get pregnant (Agree)

3) Stay away from crime and drugs and the wrong crowd. (50/50)

But a lot of African American aren't doing what is within their power to become successful.
1. It is hard to stay in School when your whole entire life has been spent living in the projects, co-ops or the small neighborhoods outside the Bricks... Kids are much more focused on Surviving as opposed to other aspects of life

These young kids know what gunshots are by the age of 5 yrs old... in my neighborhood (Suburbs) we knew about Gunshots because we saw them in countless numbers of TV Shows & Movies... kids from the Suburbs look at Guns as a means of Pure entertainment, honestly at the age of 20 id say most of my peers still look at it that way as well!!! In the Inner-City Kids are usually the ones walking down the street to the Deli to do errands...

Where is the Time to be focused on School when these Kids wake up & have more to learn about Life & their own surroundings as opposed to Math Questions??!! Even some of the nicest Kids Lose Interest in Education at Young Ages because they don't see the Suburban Life!! They don't come home to Parents holding a job that on Average brings in 60,000 - 75,000 a year... they are not promised the Dreams of the Middle Class!!!

2. Seen it dozens of times & still have no idea why inner-city people have children... i'd say 50 Percent of Parents actually do an alright job of taking care of their kids, the other 50% of parents Argue & bi*ch with each other for no real reason... these young parents (16-23) are bullsh*ting you when they make up the excuse "I never learned s3x Education when i was younger", bunch of bullsh*t, they just like going in Raw

3. The criminal Lifestyle shows up early on (12-13 yrs old) or during their Early 20's (when they are on their own)... Lets face it, regardless of how Smart someone is these people don't end up going to 4 Yr Schools... some will try local Campuses but most of the time the kids themselves are the ones who have to Pay for Tuition... Some of these people are around the right guys & can make tons every yr off dealing drugs, pimping, stealing cars

Suburbs - we feel that going to a 4 yr school will get us going, the opportunity is there for all of us aside the people who have ignorant parents who rather go on Vacations instead of saving just a little for their kid to go to college

Inner-City - they feel becoming a Video Model or Rapper will get them out of the hood... its quite inspirational when you see the Inspiration guys like 50 Cent have put into the Youth... lot of kids want to become rappers bc they seen guys like 50 & Banks ride through

I have had the opportunity over the past couple yrs to have many friends in the Inner Cities... was able to see the lifestyles & outcomes of many people.. Greatest Experience, Life is much more of a Game out there as opposed to the Textbook ways here in the Burbs

Last edited by Melle; 08-09-2012 at 03:24 PM..
 08-09-2012, 03:41 PM         #22
PsychoBlack  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Gay a.ss Boule n*gga
 5 years ago '11        #23
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 TheMindOf said:
African Americans don't need the same help as Poor Africans or other poor people, in this day and age. People in those countries aren't born with the opportunity to be successful

Belafonte is from a time where (for the most part) black people didn't have the opportunity to be as successful as other races, no matter how hard they worked. Things have changed over the past 50 years.

I can see why Jay and Bey would prefer to give to 3rd world countries.

The odds are ALMOST even for African Americans in the us

African Americans have the ability to be whatever they want. All you have to do is:

1) Stay in school, study hard and make the grades.

2) Don't get pregnant

3) Stay away from crime and drugs and the wrong crowd.

But a lot of African American aren't doing what is within their power to become successful.

you white

You don't know how bad a African American got it because you not a African American so don't speak on it
 08-09-2012, 03:51 PM         #24
Francis Schilke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its always good to help out people. cant argue with that.
 5 years ago '10        #25
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Kingpin 313 said:
you white

You don't know how bad a African American got it because you not a African American so don't speak on it

n*gga. Shut the fu*k up!

Im first generation American, with parents out of Liberia (west Africa)..

Got a college degree and a great career.

Thats why the African American community in this country will continue to struggle. Soon as you pass along an observation of some constructive criticism, n*ggas got ten million excuses to get to.

I went to school with "African American" kids. The facts are what they are. Maybe if y'all would listen some instead of getting pregnant and thinking Rap and Hoops are the only salvation, you would prosper.

Instead of blaming everything on white people and NOTHING on yourselves.

Ever wonder why when Africans come to this country they do better than y'all. It's because instead of depending on the system, they're willing to work til either they're successful or it k!lls them (whichever comes first). Take some notes dunny.
 5 years ago '07        #26
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,328 | Props total: 1124 1124
 hollatchadude said:
i agree to an extent we do have a lot more opportunity now than then, but you do realize that there are systems in place to keep us down still to this day.

1. increasingly poorer education in low income neighborhoods
2. racial profiling and discrimination on jobs, loans etc.
3. all true black leaders, with a real voice are a.ssasinated i.e. martin, malcom, huey, tupac
Who is us? If your talking about the black community, I hope you realize that the "black community" is nonexistent. Aint no black community, people are to divided.
 5 years ago '09        #27
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,456 | Props total: 8563 8563
If jay-z makes a billion dollars this year and only donates $2, that his business.
 08-09-2012, 04:10 PM         #28
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JayDee11 said:
Devil, didn't you get ran off the IC for being a caucasian from the UK posing as a brother from CA? Foh. What do you possibly care about African American upliftment? Imposter a.ss snowballs and their saran wrap transparent agendas make me sick...
Oh sh*t!!!

Fuhk white ppl in this thread for anyway?

Internets
 5 years ago '10        #29
trill jackson 741 heat pts741
space
space
$18,920 | Props total: 13566 13566
what specifically does he want jay z and beyonce to do?
 5 years ago '04        #30
qutaboi225 39 heat pts39
space
space
$4,027 | Props total: 6366 6366
 TheMindOf said:
African Americans don't need the same help as Poor Africans or other poor people, in this day and age. People in those countries aren't born with the opportunity to be successful

Belafonte is from a time where (for the most part) black people didn't have the opportunity to be as successful as other races, no matter how hard they worked. Things have changed over the past 50 years.

I can see why Jay and Bey would prefer to give to 3rd world countries.

The odds are ALMOST even for African Americans in the us

1) Stay in school, study hard and make the grades.

2) Don't get pregnant

3) Stay away from crime and drugs and the wrong crowd.

Right...cuz THEN they wont view us as N*ggas Even with all of that there is still white priveledge and social injustices in place. Look how well Obamas education and work ethic are working out for him. They wont even admit he's American. so GET MAD! it is what it is
 5 years ago '09        #31
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 7974 7974
 KillahhCamm said:
Shawn Carter Foundation turned my scholarship application down and i wrote a damn good essay quoted "murder to Excellence" too but now i gotta listen to how Blue Ivy Socks cost the same as a semester of tuition
why didnt you write to the nasir jones foundation and write a thesis on why he lost
 08-09-2012, 04:21 PM         #32
whyarguewithgod  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
why didnt you write to the nasir jones foundation and write a thesis on why he lost

Are you done yet?

5 years ago '10        #33
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 qutaboi225 said:
Right...cuz THEN they wont view us as N*ggas Even with all of that there is still white priveledge and social injustices in place. Look how well Obamas education and work ethic are working out for him. They wont even admit he's American. so GET MAD! it is what it is
Soooooo... The solution is to stay in poverty and raise future generations in the same cycle poverty?

Riiight.. So nobody should every try to get an education or better themselves because some white people won't like them.. Be for real guy.

YOU can live that way. Im good..
 5 years ago '07        #34
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,916 | Props total: 574 574

nothing is ever enough... u donate 1000 dollars n*ggas say it should be 5

i wonder how many handouts jay got when he was still in marcy
 5 years ago '11        #35
Kyeezy 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,498 | Props total: 516 516
 Skammy Gee said:

[pic - click to view]

too bad MLK's face is cut up or else it would have been a gr8 smilie
it can still happen. all you gotta do is make another copy of his head and put it on a different layer. flip that sh*t and get to work on making one perfect head.
 5 years ago '10        #36
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 trill jackson said:
what specifically does he want jay z and beyonce to do?
Pretty much give away their hard earned wealth.

I'm all for donating money and my time to help my community (and others) but I disagree with the fact that you should feel obligated to come out and help your own people who have a difficult time succeeding and living their life.
 5 years ago '08        #37
MrFourteen5 
space
space
$3,656 | Props total: 6074 6074
Harry's right but its a losing argument. You cant really have anyone criticize those two because Stans from both camps will rush to their defense and come down on whoever speaks out. The same argument could be made for Michael Jordan. Eventually the point gets lost in the backlash.
 5 years ago '10        #38
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 Root Of Evil said:

nothing is ever enough... u donate 1000 dollars n*ggas say it should be 5

i wonder how many handouts jay got when he was still in marcy
He probably got zero help.

I agree with this. If I make a billion dollars, I should give half of that? Would $10-$20,000 not be enough? If I make more money, I should donate more?

I like helping people, but I don't agree with people asking for handouts. Times are tough for everyone. Some people are born into money, some aren't. In this case, Jay wasn't born into it.
 5 years ago '04        #39
Thangstah 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,381 | Props total: 88 88
 TheMindOf said:
n*gga. Shut the fu*k up!

Im first generation American, with parents out of Liberia (west Africa)..

Got a college degree and a great career.

Thats why the African American community in this country will continue to struggle. Soon as you pass along an observation of some constructive criticism, n*ggas got ten million excuses to get to.

I went to school with "African American" kids. The facts are what they are. Maybe if y'all would listen some instead of getting pregnant and thinking Rap and Hoops are the only salvation, you would prosper.

Instead of blaming everything on white people and NOTHING on yourselves.

Ever wonder why when Africans come to this country they do better than y'all. It's because instead of depending on the system, they're willing to work til either they're successful or it k!lls them (whichever comes first). Take some notes dunny.
haha everyone just ignoring this real a.ss statement

People from other countries dont depend on american "systems" when they come here, they just work hard and make themselves rich.
 08-09-2012, 04:41 PM         #40
the synthesis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i don't think he is talking about Donating money, rather social responsibility, speaking up, attending rallies, using ones power to make changes or bring awareness, changing social dynamics etc...which sometimes will mean being unpopular with the mainstream viewpoint

Last edited by the synthesis; 08-09-2012 at 04:44 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
88 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
113 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy