Beyoncé and Jay-Z have turned their backs on social responsibility': Harry Belafonte says couple don

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
205 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
134 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
48 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-09-2012, 01:40 PM         #1
9552 pageviews
157 comments

the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Beyoncé and Jay-Z have turned their backs on social responsibility': Harry Belafonte says couple don

[pic - click to view]

http://www.dailymail.co.u .. Hollywood.html

'Beyoncé and Jay-Z have turned their backs on social responsibility': Harry Belafonte says couple don't do enough for minorities in Hollywood

[pic - click to view]

Harry Belafonte has blasted Beyoncé and Jay-Z in a new interview, accusing the couple of 'turning their back on social responsibility'.

The American singer and activist told The Hollywood Reporter that the celebrity pair haven't done enough for minorities in Hollywood.

Belafonte even told the publication that he thinks Bruce Springsteen does more than Beyoncé and Jay-Z have ever done.

Asked if he is 'happy with the image of members of minorities in Hollywood today', Belafonte replied: 'Not at all. They have not told the history of our people, nothing of who we are. We are still looking. "We are not determinated. We are not driven by some technology that says you can k!ll Afghans, the Iraqis or the Spanish. It is all -- excuse my French -- s**t. It is sad.

'And I think one of the great abuses of this modern time is that we should have had such high-profile artists, powerful celebrities. But they have turned their back on social responsibility.

'That goes for Jay-Z and Beyoncé, for example. Give me Bruce Springsteen, and now you’re talking. I really think he is black.'

Belafonte also used the interview to voice his political opinion. Asked if he would want to see Mitt Romney take over from Obama as the President of the United States, Belafonte replied sarcastically: 'Only if I would like to see the end of civilization. No, absolutely not. Mitt Romney is not my cup of tea at all.'

Last edited by the synthesis; 08-09-2012 at 01:56 PM..

157 comments for "Beyoncé and Jay-Z have turned their backs on social responsibility': Harry Belafonte says couple don"

08-09-2012, 01:58 PM         #3
KillahhCamm  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shawn Carter Foundation turned my scholarship application down and i wrote a damn good essay quoted "murder to Excellence" too but now i gotta listen to how Blue Ivy Socks cost the same as a semester of tuition
 5 years ago '04        #4
hewsdaddy 
space
space
$7,277 | Props total: 2 2
relevancy turned its back on harry belafonte
 08-09-2012, 02:04 PM         #5
the synthesis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KillahhCamm said:
Shawn Carter Foundation turned my scholarship application down and i wrote a damn good essay quoted "murder to Excellence" too but now i gotta listen to how Blue Ivy Socks cost the same as a semester of tuition

[pic - click to view]

On a scale to 1/100, giving you a scolarship would do nothing for Jays profile

Bey and Jay only do things which help their profile and put them on a pedestal, they are attention seekers.

They rather help some africans or white people because it will get them a UN award. You get nothing helping African Americans minus a pat on a back ..
 08-09-2012, 02:05 PM         #6
LukasJames  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Opinions rule the website. Live your life and let others live theirs
 5 years ago '10        #7
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 KillahhCamm said:

but damn thats some bullsh*t right there
 5 years ago '12        #8
Melle 52 heat pts52
space
space
$3,903 | Props total: 2401 2401
I dont blame them, just bc they are celebs & ppl of power doesnt mean they should help people out... lets face it, Bey has prob helped half the teenagers in America understand their own relationship problems

Jay on the other hand...... well... he has helped inspire & guide tax free careers
 08-09-2012, 02:09 PM         #9
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KillahhCamm said:
do you think jay z actually read it??

do you think thats air your breathing?
 08-09-2012, 02:13 PM         #10
the synthesis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 otherside said:
I dont blame them, just bc they are celebs & ppl of power doesnt mean they should help people out... lets face it, Bey has prob helped half the teenagers in America understand their own relationship problems

Jay on the other hand...... well... he has helped inspire & guide tax free careers
Harry is from a different era, he done seen black folk hanged from trees and lynched, he was one of MLK's best hommies, he rode with him to civil rights movement, he got hollywood to take notice of MLK, introduced him to Brando and other major hollywood celebs and went to the white house with him, attended meetings, sat right in front on MLK's coffin at his funeral...the man put in work for future black folk so they could be taken a little more serious. He still is a major activist

I guess he expects more from powerful black people
 08-09-2012, 02:15 PM         #11
JayDee11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 the synthesis said:

[pic - click to view]

On a scale to 1/100, giving you a scolarship would do nothing for Jays profile

Bey and Jay only do things which help their profile and put them on a pedestal, they are attention seekers.

They rather help some africans or white people because it will get them a UN award. You get nothing helping African Americans minus a pat on a back ..
Devil, didn't you get ran off the IC for being a caucasian from the UK posing as a brother from CA? Foh. What do you possibly care about African American upliftment? Imposter a.ss snowballs and their saran wrap transparent agendas make me sick...
 08-09-2012, 02:16 PM         #12
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes right though, we have no real black leaders because all we look up to are entertainers who dont give a sh*t about anyone but themselves. we so individualistic now...

but besides making the next new tech or innovative product.

the only way to get to their tax bracket is by doing some cut throat business and stepping on ppl.

i love hovs music just as much as the next, but his music isnt what got em where he is today, its his understanding of good business techniques...one of the number one rules to aquire that amount of money in one life time is GREED
 08-09-2012, 02:18 PM         #13
KillahhCamm  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hollatchadude said:
do you think jay z actually read it??

do you think thats air your breathing?
hey mr. philosophical shut the fu*k up, if you truly believe my life hinged on that post you lost
 5 years ago '04        #14
Skammy Gee 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,209 | Props total: 108 108

[pic - click to view]

too bad MLK's face is cut up or else it would have been a gr8 smilie
 5 years ago '06        #15
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,904 | Props total: 7568 7568
 KillahhCamm said:
I arrived on the day Fred Hampton died
Real n*ggas just multiply
And they say by 21 I was supposed to die
So I’m out here celebratin’ my post demise
If you put crabs in a barrel to insure your survival
You gon’ end up pulling down n*ggas that look just like you

That's fu*ked up fam.

Fred Hamptons fam were mad at jigga too. Then you had Syl Johnson who had a beef, now Harry Belafonte. Not to mention his former friends and artist. Jay Z may come off as a crab a.ss n*gga but the boy can rap.
 08-09-2012, 02:21 PM         #16
KillahhCamm  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:
I arrived on the day Fred Hampton died
Real n*ggas just multiply
And they say by 21 I was supposed to die
So I’m out here celebratin’ my post demise
If you put crabs in a barrel to insure your survival
You gon’ end up pulling down n*ggas that look just like you

That's fu*ked up fam.

Fred Hamptons fam were mad at jigga too. Then you had Syl Johnson who had a beef, now Harry Belafonte. Not to mention his former friends and artist. Jay Z may come off as a crab a.ss n*gga but the boy can rap.
i quoted "What up will, whats up O, the new black elite that aint enough we gon need a million more"
 5 years ago '05        #17
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,041 | Props total: 815 815
 JayDee11 said:
Devil, didn't you get ran off the IC for being a caucasian from the UK posing as a brother from CA? Foh. What do you possibly care about African American upliftment? Imposter a.ss snowballs and their saran wrap transparent agendas make me sick...
oh sh*t
 5 years ago '06        #18
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,619 | Props total: 8550 8550
I think there are really pro-black that think black people will come altogether one day but I don't believe in that I love my people but at the same time I know everybody aint my brother.

So I feel that as long as you help somebody better they life then that is enough.

You can't save everybody.
 5 years ago '10        #19
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
African Americans don't need the same help as Poor Africans or other poor people, in this day and age. People in those countries aren't born with the opportunity to be successful

Belafonte is from a time where (for the most part) black people didn't have the opportunity to be as successful as other races, no matter how hard they worked. Things have changed over the past 50 years.

I can see why Jay and Bey would prefer to give to 3rd world countries.

The odds are ALMOST even for African Americans in the us

African Americans have the ability to be whatever they want. All you have to do is:

1) Stay in school, study hard and make the grades.

2) Don't get pregnant

3) Stay away from crime and drugs and the wrong crowd.

But a lot of African American aren't doing what is within their power to become successful.
 08-09-2012, 03:13 PM         #20
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
African Americans don't need the same help as Poor Africans or other poor people, in this day and age. People in those countries aren't born with the opportunity to be successful

Belafonte is from a time where (for the most part) black people didn't have the opportunity to be as successful as other races, no matter how hard they worked. Things have changed over the past 50 years.

I can see why Jay and Bey would prefer to give to 3rd world countries.

The odds are ALMOST even for African Americans in the us

African Americans have the ability to be whatever they want. All you have to do is:

1) Stay in school, study hard and make the grades.

2) Don't get pregnant

3) Stay away from crime and drugs and the wrong crowd.

But a lot of African American aren't doing what is within their power to become successful.
i agree to an extent we do have a lot more opportunity now than then, but you do realize that there are systems in place to keep us down still to this day.

1. increasingly poorer education in low income neighborhoods
2. racial profiling and discrimination on jobs, loans etc.
3. all true black leaders, with a real voice are a.ssasinated i.e. martin, malcom, huey, tupac
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
15 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
50 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy