Tearful Lolo Jones: Media 'ripped me to shreds' before race (Video)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #21
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,232 | Props total: 5038 5038

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #22
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,372 | Props total: 5645 5645
either start winning or give up the puss (to me), it's that simple
 5 years ago '07        #23
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,483 | Props total: 14975 14975
 Hold That said:
She wasn't even the best trackstar for team USA, but got TIME magazine covers,late night show publicity and all that other sh*t because of her looks..

What she needs to realize is, looks take you so far with the media when you're a sports figure.. If you're not winning or even getting on that podium, they will rip you apart as quickly as they built you up..

She wasn't complaining when all that positive publicity was coming her way leading up to the Olympics. Her looks masked her true ability, when the Olympics rolled around n*ggas were reminded why she barely made it too the track team in the first place.
this...
 5 years ago '07        #24
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,483 | Props total: 14975 14975
 theboss175 said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #25
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
 stlcardinals19 said:
You seem to enjoy fu*king up our Wildcard chances
only a widdle

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #26
Con-Con 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,147 | Props total: 34 34
 ghettofire said:
how's it goin stlcardinals
 stlcardinals19 said:
You seem to enjoy fu*king up our Wildcard chances

*Checked to see if Giants and Cardinals played today.*

*Sees the score on ESPN*
 5 years ago '06        #27
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,232 | Props total: 5038 5038

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #28
RileyEsco 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,491 | Props total: 21277 21277
Leave my baby alone.
 5 years ago '10        #29
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21122 21122
 Dee Grande said:
I know Jones did. The last time I saw her in person she asked me for my advice on her Twitter handle, which at the time was @runlolorun. She was thinking of changing it to her name and wanted to know if I thought it was the right move. I said it was. She made the change. Over the next couple months, she became one of the most followed athletes on Twitter.

A couple months later, I told her I needed help filming a pilot for a TV show I was working on. I told her the show would never run. She didn't care. She wanted to get the reps in and use the opportunity for media training.

As others worked on improving their times, Jones worked on pitching herself as well. Maybe that cost her on Tuesday, maybe it didn't.

But to say she didn't deserve what she earned in endorsements because she didn't medal is just plain wrong.
@ the blatant "me" plug-in
 5 years ago '07        #30
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4823 4823
let papa burgundy console u baby
 5 years ago '04        #31
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 Hold That said:
She wasn't even the best trackstar for team USA, but got TIME magazine covers,late night show publicity and all that other sh*t because of her looks..

What she needs to realize is, looks take you so far with the media when you're a sports figure.. If you're not winning or even getting on that podium, they will rip you apart as quickly as they built you up..

Americans and just people in general love image (appearance and personality) along with a great story.

There's tons of Americans who dont play these sports or have never played a sport ever in their life so they need something to relate to. These companies know that and that's why sometimes there's a larger market for an image performance than there is for an athletic performance.

I mean just look at Shawn Johnson, Nastia Liukin won more medals than her AND the more prestigious all around medal. Though Shawn got alot more hype, endorsements, interviews, and career opportunities. She got on Dancing with the Stars and a Book Deal. Nastia aint get none of that shyt. I mean Shawn Johnson isn't even competing this year and her sponsors paid for her to go over there and she's currently doing endorsements in London for Nike and has a Coca-Cola commercial ABOUT HER airing currently while Nastia Liukin had to get the federation of gymnast to send her to London and is currently juggiln avocados in a Subway commercial.

same thing with Anna Kournikova , in alot of cases continuously losing probably doesn't even change anything , if people love your image enough they'll ride out with you.

you're talking about a country that's currently MORE interested in reality television stars than they are in most celebrities with actual talent . Alot of people's attention is held longer by a beautiful loser than a hideous winner.

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-09-2012 at 01:27 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #32
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,657 | Props total: 5344 5344
gotta suck put in all that work for 4 yrs , all that sacrifice , and not even get a medal my nig .. .. go harder
 08-09-2012, 01:04 AM         #33
JohnDoe B1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
Americans and just people in general love image (appearance and personality) along with a great story.

There's tons of Americans who dont play these sports or have never played a sport ever in their life so they need something to relate to. These companies know that and that's why sometimes there's a larger market for an image performance than there is for an athletic performance.

I mean just look at Shawn Johnson, Nastia Liukin won more medals than her AND the more prestigious all around medal. Though Shawn got alot more hype, endorsements, interviews, and career opportunities. She got on Dancing with the Stars and a Book Deal. Nastia aint get none of that shyt. I mean Shawn Johnson isn't even competing this year and her sponsors paid for her to go over there and she's currently doing endorsements in London for Nike and has a Coca-Cola commercial airing currently while Nastia Liukin had to get the federation of gymnast to send her to London and is currently juggiln avocados in a Subway commercial.

same thing with Anna Kournikova , in alot of cases continuously losing probably doesn't even change anything , if people love your image enough they'll ride out with you.

you're talking about a country that's currently obsessed with reality television stars. Alot of people's attention is held longer by a beautiful loser than a hideous winner.

[pic - click to view]

08-09-2012, 01:18 AM         #34
Zeeshine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JohnDoe B1 said:

[pic - click to view]

Idk about you, but Nastia Liukin is on every other commercial I see. Granted it's subway

Kellie Wells was r*ped and trained hard for bronze; while Dawn Harper was the defending gold medalist and still got no hype...

Media needs to get its priorities straight... and Lolo put herself in the spotlight with all that virgin bs, so expect the criticism when you fail

Media takes the brunt of it although... Sucks to suck Lolo
 5 years ago '04        #35
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 Zeeshine said:
Idk about you, but Nastia Liukin is on every other commercial I see. Granted it's subway

and the funny thing is that Shawn Johnson has a Coca-Cola commercial airing currently that's about HER, while Nastia is talking about Avocados.

I think that just goes to show how much America was in love with Johnson's humble sweet girl next door image more so than Nastia's immigrant diva one.

due to appearance, personality, and background story, people just liked how Johnson looked in defeat more than how Nastia looked in victory.

the same thing can be said for Lolo to an extent.

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-09-2012 at 01:40 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #36
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
People are acting like she was the one that shouted it at the rooftops or something. If you watched the HBO interview where she talks about it you'd know she didn't really want to talk about it, THEY ASKED HER. People are mad at her for things she can't control. She earned a lot of her hype though, in 2008 she was one of the favorites and was leading by a lot in the final before she tripped over the hurdle, she was going to win. Months later it happens again & she finds out that she has issues with her spine and has surgery.

She's a genuinely nice person & really doesn't deserve all the hate she's getting.
If anything the hate should really be toward the media for not covering the people that were actually favored to win.
 5 years ago '08        #37
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
she can come cry on my shoulder any time
 5 years ago '04        #38
bigmike123456 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 367 367
they better leave my baby alone thru these tuff times
 5 years ago '05        #39
darquecinnamon 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$15,348 | Props total: 152 152
They MJ'd her a.ss. Star one day, nobody the next.
 5 years ago '05        #40
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
 Garnet & Gold said:
Shr didn't have a problem with the media attention leading up to the Olympics. Facts are facts, and fact is she's been to the Olympics three times without a win. At some point, they can't just continuously talk about how she's a virgin

But, I would annihilate that a.ss
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy