Tearful Lolo Jones: Media 'ripped me to shreds' before race (Video)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
66 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
110 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
5904 pageviews
82 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Tearful Lolo Jones: Media 'ripped me to shreds' before race (Video)

[video - click to view]

Nursing a broken heart from a disappointing fourth-place finish in Tuesday’s 100-meter hurdles, an emotional Lolo Jones fired back at her critics on Wednesday.

Jones opened up about a Saturday New York Times piece that compared her to Anna Kournikova, the former tennis pro known more for her good looks than her accomplishments on the court.

“I think it was crazy just because it was two days before I competed, and then the fact that it was from a U.S. media,’’ Jones told Savannah Guthrie before f!ghting back tears. “They should be supporting our U.S. Olympic athletes and instead they just ripped me to shreds. I just thought that that was crazy because I worked six days a week, every day, for four years for a 12-second race and the fact that they just tore me apart, which is heartbreaking.

They didn’t even do their research, calling me the Anna Kournikova of track. I have the American record. I am the American record holder indoors, I have two world indoor titles. Just because I don’t boast about these things, I don’t think I should be ripped apart by media. I laid it out there, fought hard for my country and it’s just a shame that I have to deal with so much backlash when I’m already so brokenhearted as it is.”

On Tuesday night, Jones tweeted that she had a “broken heart’' after missing an Olympic medal finish by one-tenth of a second. Her disappointment followed her performance in the 2008 Olympics, when she was leading the race and clipped the ninth hurdle to finish eighth. She took no solace that the Tuesday night race was the fastest one in Olympic history, with Australia’s Sally Pearson running an Olympic-record 12.35 seconds to edge American Dawn Harper by two-hundredths of a second to win.

“Definitely, I was crushed afterwards,’’ Jones said. “I know I had the best race of my season. Not the best race of my life, but I had the best race of my year, so I just try to look at that. It doesn’t take away from the pain that I was close to once again having a medal and not getting it.”

Jones tried to find the silver lining in reaching the Olympic finals after several setbacks in the past year.

“I think it’s disappointing in one extreme as in I didn’t get the medal, but in another extreme, a year ago I was having spinal cord surgery,’’ she said. “I mean if I look at that, spinal cord surgery, two hamstring injuries and you fought through all of that, so I take time to focus on that and not the negativity I’ve received.”

Jones has drawn criticism for her openness with the media about everything from her personal life to struggles with injuries. However, she hopes that her story will inspire others to overcome adversity.

“Putting your heart out there, obviously it opens you up to a lot of negativity, but at the same time if I could just reach somebody out there,’’ she said. “Maybe there’s a little girl who thinks she can be an Olympic athlete and she sees all the things I struggled through to get here. Yeah, I didn’t walk away with a medal or run away with a medal, but I think there’s lessons to be learned when you win and lessons to be learned when you lose."

[pic - click to view]

Tearful Lolo Jones: Media 'ripped me to shreds' before race - TODAY in London

[pic - click to view]

82 comments for "Tearful Lolo Jones: Media 'ripped me to shreds' before race (Video)"

5 years ago '10        #2
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
wouldn't give that much of a sh*t what your critics were saying if you were out gettin piped instead of reading the blogs of haters
 5 years ago '11        #3
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,214 | Props total: 17626 17626
The media is bunch of jealous hoes who get the chance to get at the athletes who got all the love when they were younger.
 08-08-2012, 10:37 PM         #4
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 White Face said:
i was so sad when she lost

i aint been this sad in a long time, she prettier than them other hoes she deserved to win

I swear this n*gga be having me dying
 5 years ago '06        #5
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,232 | Props total: 5035 5035
she got dem twitta followers tho

cry today, laugh tomorrow.. just be cute and smile word to Skylar Diggins
 08-08-2012, 10:49 PM         #6
JohnDoe B1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ghettofire said:
wouldn't give that much of a sh*t what your critics were saying if you were out gettin piped instead of reading the blogs of haters

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #7
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,772 | Props total: 9037 9037
fu*k her
 5 years ago '08        #8
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269 OP
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Yep and now I'm spending it on depression pills RT @darrenrovell: My Take: Lolo earned every marketing dollar

5 years ago '11        #9
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535
space
space
$52,287 | Props total: 19992 19992
I wanna suck that pus*y
 5 years ago '07        #10
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,450 | Props total: 69964 69964
who cares. u are being supported. but u choked. trained 6 days a week for four years, u should get at least bronze.

But there are ppl better so guess what, either train harder or continue cryin
 5 years ago '11        #11
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9936 9936
I'll rip you to shreds too
 08-08-2012, 10:57 PM         #12
theboss175 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #13
The Bully 352 heat pts352
space
space
$48,406 | Props total: 35190 35190
i'd like to be the first to rip her hymen to shreds
 5 years ago '11        #14
space
space
 Bkjj11 said:
who cares. u are being supported. but u choked. trained 6 days a week for four years, u should get at least bronze.

But there are ppl better so guess what, either train harder or continue cryin
she came back from a major injury tho, to get fourth is remarkable. The media set her up tho....bad.
 5 years ago '05        #15
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12559 12559
She wasn't even the best trackstar for team USA, but got TIME magazine covers,late night show publicity and all that other sh*t because of her looks..

What she needs to realize is, looks take you so far with the media when you're a sports figure.. If you're not winning or even getting on that podium, they will rip you apart as quickly as they built you up..

She wasn't complaining when all that positive publicity was coming her way leading up to the Olympics. Her looks masked her true ability, when the Olympics rolled around n*ggas were reminded why she barely made it too the track team in the first place.
 5 years ago '11        #16
space
space
 Hold That said:
She wasn't even the best trackstar for team USA, but got TIME magazine covers,late night show publicity and all that other sh*t because of her looks..

What she needs to realize is, looks take you so far with the media when you're a sports figure.. If you're not winning or even getting on that podium, they will rip you apart as quickly as they built you up..

She wasn't complaining when all that positive publicity was coming her way leading up to the Olympics.
she prolly didnt see this coming. She prolly didn't want them to overshadow her teammates either, but you cant tell them what to write. The media shall do at it pleases
 5 years ago '08        #17
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4835 4835
How someone that fine, yet still can't retain a man speaks volumes about her craziness.
 5 years ago '10        #18
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
 stlcardinals19 said:
How someone that fine, yet still can't retain a man speaks volumes about her craziness.
how's it goin stlcardinals
 5 years ago '07        #19
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 ghettofire said:
that aint anti-pipe movement aint working out for her

I bet everyone that medaled in all of races get pipe
 5 years ago '08        #20
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4835 4835
 ghettofire said:
how's it goin stlcardinals
You seem to enjoy fu*king up our Wildcard chances
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy