Salty: Dawn Harper & Kellie Wells Hatin on Lolo Jones (video)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
231 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #161
timdog 918 heat pts918
space
space
$30,438 | Props total: 14819 14819
 superstarrr said:
She definitly hasn't won an Olympic medal, but we can't say she hasn't won "anything" though.

And it's not her fault that the media don't want to talk about other athletes imo, what can she do about that?
so dawn and kellie should not be upset the media focusing on lolo and just bypassing them

i mean dawn was the reigning gold medal winner no coverage tho cuz lolo looks
 5 years ago '10        #162
superstarrr 
space
space
space
$577 | Props total: 181 181
 timdog said:
so dawn and kellie should not be upset the media focusing on lolo and just bypassing them

i mean dawn was the reigning gold medal winner no coverage tho cuz lolo looks
And how's that Lolo's fault though?

Yes she was the winner 4 years ago, but let's not act like she didn't win that race because Lolo choked and tripped while going over the 9th hurdle when she was leading confortably. Though props to her since she was at the right position at the right time and took advantage of that
 5 years ago '10        #163
superstarrr 
space
space
space
 the synthesis said:
Like Michael Johnson said, athletes train for the Olympics, everything else is a build up, this is the biggest stage for an athlete, it's the finishing line. Some athletes get a chance to do it twice like Bolt and you can see what it means for him and his career and his legacy

If Lola had won gold she would have cemented her name in the history books, but she choked, and thats all she wrote. People will criticize her because she brought in to her own hype, maybe she was to preoccupied doing media appearances than training

She failed on the biggest stage twice now.
I'll say she choked once and it was 4 years ago (which doesn't change your point though). This year, she wasn't one of the favourites to win.
 5 years ago '04        #164
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,161 | Props total: 506 506
 the synthesis said:
Like Michael Johnson said, athletes train for the Olympics, everything else is a build up, this is the biggest stage for an athlete, it's the finishing line. Some athletes get a chance to do it twice like Bolt and you can see what it means for him and his career and his legacy

If Lola had won gold she would have cemented her name in the history books, but she choked, and thats all she wrote. People will criticize her because she brought in to her own hype, maybe she was to preoccupied doing media appearances than training

She failed on the biggest stage twice now.
This what I hate. People make it seem that there are no other important events the time between the Olympics. To me, winning medals at the World Championship meet is just as great, only difference between that event and the Olympics is that the Olympics has a larger audience.

Tyson Gay hasn't won an individual medal in the 100m. He's the American record holder, the 2nd fastest man ever, and doesn't have doping behind him. Justin Gatlin has multiple 100m Olympic medals. Does that place him over Gay's legacy. Nah.

Last edited by tdm2000; 08-09-2012 at 09:20 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #165
timdog 918 heat pts918
space
space
$30,438 | Props total: 14819 14819
 superstarrr said:
And how's that Lolo's fault though?

Yes she was the winner 4 years ago, but let's not act like she didn't win that race because Lolo choked and tripped while going over the 9th hurdle when she was leading confortably. Though props to her since she was at the right position at the right time and took advantage of that
is that dawn fault she tripped whats dawn to do so lolo won a moral victory you say there are many that have tripped and lost races pulled a hamstring i mean this a case of were a person feel slighted and unrespected because media and fans wants a person to win she clearly won and won last night as well as kellie they have stories but since lolo story is some how more popular and her looks go with it and she runs with she didnt shy away and say im here to win gold she was try to capatilize
 08-09-2012, 09:25 PM         #166
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 superstarrr said:
I'll say she choked once and it was 4 years ago (which doesn't change your point though). This year, she wasn't one of the favourites to win.
Stop caping for the loser

She was good enough to medal, and yet still failed. AGAIN

The Olympics are all that matters ask Carl Lewis, Michael Johnson, Michael Phelps, etc...when she is 40 years old nobody will be playing highlights of her winning atthe Olympics because she has no highlights

Running around crying about the media ripping her apart, she invited them in to take nekkid photos of her, then she is crying that they questioned her credibility

The next talented bunch of athletes are coming through, Lola had her chance she blew it, that endorsement money is about to lose its value, had she won she would have made millions upon millions, so i can see why she is really puttin on the tears

a career in reality tv or dancing with the stars is her future..
 5 years ago '10        #167
superstarrr 
space
space
space
 timdog said:
is that dawn fault she tripped whats dawn to do so lolo won a moral victory you say there are many that have tripped and lost races pulled a hamstring i mean this a case of were a person feel slighted and unrespected because media and fans wants a person to win she clearly won and won last night as well as kellie they have stories but since lolo story is some how more popular and her looks go with it and she runs with she didnt shy away and say im here to win gold she was try to capatilize
Offcourse it's not her fault that Lolo tripped, it actually happens often in hurddles unfortunately for some.
As for the media talking more about Lolo, she's way more porpular than the others, so they'll talk about her (a bit too much) unfortunatly for the others. That's how the media works, it is what it is and that isn't Lolo's fault
 5 years ago '04        #168
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
 the synthesis said:

Dudes are really hating the chick.
 08-09-2012, 09:31 PM         #169
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tdm2000 said:
This what I hate. People make it seem that there are no other important events the time between the Olympics. To me, winning medals at the World Championship meet is just as great, only difference between that event and the Olympics is that the Olympics has a larger audience.

Tyson Gay hasn't won an individual medal in the 100m. He's the American record holder, the 2nd fastest man ever, and doesn't have doping behind him. Justin Gatlin has multiple 100m Olympic medals. Does that place him over Gay's legacy. Nah.
Tyson Gay is a guy born in the wrong era, unfortunate that they allowed a drug cheat to run again otherwise he would had a medal. He is one of the only athletes i actually feel sorry for..i think Gatlin is still on something...

However Tyson will get a Gold or Sliver in the 100m relay...So he'll still go home with a medal aslong as nobody drops the baton
 5 years ago '10        #170
superstarrr 
space
space
space
 the synthesis said:

She was good enough to medal, and yet still failed. AGAIN

The Olympics are all that matters ask Carl Lewis, Michael Johnson, Michael Phelps, etc...when she is 40 years old nobody will be playing highlights of her winning atthe Olympics because she has no highlights

Running around crying about the media ripping her apart, she invited them in to take nekkid photos of her, then she is crying that they questioned her credibility

The next talented bunch of athletes are coming through, Lola had her chance she blew it, that endorsement money is about to lose its value, had she won she would have made millions upon millions, so i can see why she is really puttin on the tears

Let's be real here, she wasn't good enough to medal, she wasn't even supposed to qualify for the games.

Imo she'll still get endorsements cause i think they haven't found another "IT" girl yet in athletics, but it will become lesser and lesser.
 5 years ago '05        #171
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 716 716
 HeruDat said:
obviously I'm over your head. why would crabs be in a barrel and not in their natural habitat? wanna try again?
 5 years ago '04        #172
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
 the synthesis said:
Tyson Gay is a guy born in the wrong era, unfortunate that they allowed a drug cheat to run again otherwise he would had a medal. He is one of the only athletes i actually feel sorry for..i think Gatlin is still on something...

However Tyson will get a Gold or Sliver in the 100m relay...So he'll still go home with a medal aslong as nobody drops the baton
 5 years ago '10        #173
superstarrr 
space
space
space
 the synthesis said:

These are not valuable excuses to not finish 2nd or 3rd, i mean he's the 2nd fastest 100m runner of all time for God's sake..
 5 years ago '04        #174
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
 superstarrr said:
These are not valuable excuses to not finish 2nd or 3rd, i mean he's the 2nd fastest 100m runner of all time for God's sake..
Dude had hip surgery last year. Didn't compete for a year. He's blessed to even run the time that he did this soon.
 08-09-2012, 09:41 PM         #175
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 superstarrr said:
Imo she'll still get endorsements cause i think they haven't found another "IT" girl yet in athletics, but it will become lesser and lesser.
No more big sports endorsements, she doesnt represent the ELITE anymore, this was her last chance and getting her value up. Over in GB they are naming stadiums after Jessic Ennis because she has won gold in two Olympics...thats what winning does for ur career.

i'm sure she can do magazine shoots and media appearances, non sports related based on her looks, but she is no Serena Williams, u have to keep winning to earn that big sports endorsement. Its a shame because i still believed she could have got a medal, but i think she got carried away with her media duties, the hype can take ur eye off the ball....nobody cares if u have the world record (unless it's the 100m), there are records from the 80's and 90's still standing,but nobody can remember who holds them..them medals are all that really matters, especially if u trained so hard for so many years and u were part of the elite and u never got one...
 08-09-2012, 09:48 PM         #176
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 superstarrr said:
Doesnt matter 100m times are there to be broken, its one of the only events where a big deal is made out about the time because it happens so fast.

Bolt broke the record during the 2008 Olympics, he did it on the biggest stage, nobody cares about second fastest time recorded in some empty stadium
 5 years ago '11        #177
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,179 | Props total: 17540 17540
How was she not supposed to qualify for her event? did the media help her with that too?
 5 years ago '10        #178
superstarrr 
space
space
space
 the synthesis said:
Doesnt matter 100m times are there to be broken, its one of the only events where a big deal is made out about the time because it happens so fast.

Bolt broke the record during the 2008 Olympics, he did it on the biggest stage, nobody cares about second fastest time recorded in some empty stadium
Actually Tyson did it in the same race Bolt broke the record, only that he came 2nd while doing it lol
 5 years ago '10        #179
superstarrr 
space
space
space
 X_WunderKind_X said:
How was she not supposed to qualify for her event? did the media help her with that too?
Her time wasn't good enough during the season + injuries

Last edited by superstarrr; 08-09-2012 at 09:58 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #180
superstarrr 
space
space
space
 the synthesis said:
No more big sports endorsements, she doesnt represent the ELITE anymore, this was her last chance and getting her value up. Over in GB they are naming stadiums after Jessic Ennis because she has won gold in two Olympics...thats what winning does for ur career.

i'm sure she can do magazine shoots and media appearances, non sports related based on her looks, but she is no Serena Williams, u have to keep winning to earn that big sports endorsement. Its a shame because i still believed she could have got a medal, but i think she got carried away with her media duties, the hype can take ur eye off the ball....nobody cares if u have the world record (unless it's the 100m), there are records from the 80's and 90's still standing,but nobody can remember who holds them..them medals are all that really matters, especially if u trained so hard for so many years and u were part of the elite and u never got one...
All valid points, though i don't think i agree with the bold part
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
23 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy