Salty: Dawn Harper & Kellie Wells Hatin on Lolo Jones (video)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
105 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-09-2012, 07:59 PM         #141
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HeruDat said:
why the fu*k are they in the bucket?
 08-09-2012, 08:00 PM         #142
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MythMade said:
Why is Gabby Douglas America's Sweetheart right now?
She isn't. People are already playing the race card. "They're just hyping her up because she's black" She's a media sweetheart but the media is just building her up for the opportunity to tear her down. See Tiger Woods.
 5 years ago '11        #143
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,251 | Props total: 17687 17687
 MythMade said:
Why is Gabby Douglas America's Sweetheart right now?
apparently her hair isnt sweet, because that's all they seem to be talking about. Not the fact that she is making strides for black females especially young females, and being a positive black female role model when so many black women are trashed in media
 5 years ago '07        #144
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
 Patrick Galooly said:
She isn't. People are already playing the race card. "They're just hyping her up because she's black" She's a media sweetheart but the media is just building her up for the opportunity to tear her down. See Tiger Woods.
So the media is waiting for her to cheat on her spouse with dozens of women?
 5 years ago '11        #145
space
space
 Patrick Galooly said:
all of this.
 5 years ago '08        #146
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 HeruDat said:
 Nissan Cima said:
Crabs in a barrel...
 X_WunderKind_X said:
read son's posts in this thread. Obviously he's not gonna grasp the concept.
 HeruDat said:
obviously I'm over your head. why would crabs be in a barrel and not in their natural habitat? wanna try again?
 08-09-2012, 08:06 PM         #147
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 X_WunderKind_X said:
apparently her hair isnt sweet, because that's all they seem to be talking about. Not the fact that she is making strides for black females especially young females, and being a positive black female role model when so many black women are trashed in media
I keep seeing her hair mentioned. What are people saying about her hair? I haven't been following.
 5 years ago '11        #148
space
space
 Dee Grande said:
Explain.

did you not see him call a barrel a bucket?
 5 years ago '04        #149
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,161 | Props total: 507 507
Lolo has constantly said that she wants to be an inspiration . That explains her moves. When she talks about growing up in a foster home or being a virgin, that's to encourage others. Those are the same reason why the media flocked towards her.

if you're getting cash to tell your story, will you say no thanks?
 5 years ago '11        #150
space
space
 Patrick Galooly said:
I keep seeing her hair mentioned. What are people saying about her hair? I haven't been following.
Mostly women (especially black) on twitter were going in on her hair, after she won the gold, and then the media, following twitter to find the latest scoop, followed the story.

My thing is, shes an athlete. As long as her hair isn't impeding her performance who gives a damn what it looks like. Girl is 16 years old under immense pressure that would crush many other people, much less other girls in her age range. She's putting on for her country and race, breaking ground for those after her, and you are worried about her hair.
 08-09-2012, 08:29 PM         #151
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lola failed on the big stage, she choked, nobody remembers losers

I cant be mad at Harper and Well, they got medals and Lola went home crying
 5 years ago '05        #152
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,990 | Props total: 10695 10695
 ChickzNKickz said:

[pic - click to view]

and they think it's okay..
 HeruDat said:

HeruDat said:
obviously I'm over your head. why would crabs be in a barrel and not in their natural habitat? wanna try again?
Please tell me you're trolling...
 08-09-2012, 08:36 PM         #153
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lola will not qualify for Rio, so she will retire being a underachiever/overrated
 5 years ago '11        #154
space
space
 HeruDat said:
so it's a black thing? she's only important towards the black community?

And I could've k!lled your whole stance but I stopped. For one, there was only a few people talking about her hair, and then LA TIMES and YAHOO ran with it because so many people kept spreading it around which really was only a few people actually saying negative things....

The metaphor is often called crabs in a bucket (you can find it by just typing it in google), either way I got at both of yall and you're dumb for trying to use it as a metaphor because crabs have no place in a bucket, or a barrel...

[pic - click to view]

But you admit it is a phrase right?

ok then . I'm not arguing the literal sense of crabs being in a bucket or a barrel. I didn't make the phrase. but he showed a picture of black ppl in a barrel and you called it a bucket.

And fine. I concede that she is def a role model for more than just black females. but the newspapers running with the story after twitter I did not leave out.
 5 years ago '11        #155
space
space
 the synthesis said:
Lola will not qualify for Rio, so she will retire being a underachiever/overrated
Overhyped, yes. Overrated, not at all.
 5 years ago '05        #156
gregnice631 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,392 | Props total: 3189 3189
from what i understand the question was posed to them regarding Lolo. that part of the interview seems to be cut from the video. they gave their answer. i dont see any saltiness when the interview should have focused on their accomplishments.
 5 years ago '10        #157
superstarrr 
space
space
space
$577 | Props total: 181 181
 Patrick Galooly said:
And Lolo could've said something to the effect of not wanting media attention for accomplishments off the track.
Why should she? If they're giving her "positive" attention that she didn't specifically ask for (and it generates or might generate more revenue for her), why would she or any reasonable person ask for it to stop? So that they can talk about other athletes? She's not their PR...
 5 years ago '10        #158
superstarrr 
space
space
space
 the synthesis said:
If winning the Olympics gold medal is the only thing you consider winning, then yes it's true. Otherwise, it's not.
 5 years ago '10        #159
superstarrr 
space
space
space
 all3rd said:
Um Lolo still hasn't won anything and she is 30 sorry I don't feel sorry for her even if NY Times and others have been mean to her.
She definitly hasn't won an Olympic medal, but we can't say she hasn't won "anything" though.

And it's not her fault that the media don't want to talk about other athletes imo, what can she do about that?
 08-09-2012, 09:03 PM         #160
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 superstarrr said:
If winning the Olympics gold medal is the only thing you consider winning, then yes it's true. Otherwise, it's not.
Like Michael Johnson said, athletes train for the Olympics, everything else is a build up, this is the biggest stage for an athlete, it's the finishing line. Some athletes get a chance to do it twice like Bolt and you can see what it means for him and his career and his legacy

If Lola had won gold she would have cemented her name in the history books, but she choked, and thats all she wrote. People will criticize her because she brought in to her own hype, maybe she was to preoccupied doing media appearances than training

She failed on the biggest stage twice now.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
139 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
142 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago