Salty: Dawn Harper & Kellie Wells Hatin on Lolo Jones (video)

most viewed right now
 122
Video inside throwback: kanye speaks up for himself after beanie sigel calls him gay
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 78
Image(s) inside The Only PAWG That Matters
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 71
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj disses Pusha on IG
225 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 69
Article inside Why do people in poverty have satellite dishes?
82 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 08-09-2012, 03:42 PM         #121
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HeruDat said:
I WONDER WHY n*ggas may have not known of Dawn Harper. Maybe that's why we are all in this thread at this moment. Yall talking about winners and losers but negating this...


[pic - click to view]



To come back four years later and almost repeat. She earned it so she can say how she feel.
Exactly She's taking pictures with medals. Jones still crying about the media.
 08-09-2012, 03:46 PM         #122
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
These ugly broads are victims of our superficiality. No one wants to see them ugly broads promoting sh*t, real talk. Lolo Jones gets all the hype cuz she's pretty. Sure it's not fair, but what is when it comes to TV and entertainment?

It was very petty and childish to complain about this on TV. They got the gold, so why be so salty? It's their agents' fault for not hustling enough to get these ugly broads promo deals.
 08-09-2012, 03:51 PM         #123
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Patrick Galooly said:
I don't think the interviewer played them. The women had something to get off they chest they took it. Fact of the matter is, when there's black people competing America is going to side with the white people or the black person who's lightest. Serena Williams had to go through the same thing. The media kept trying to push Serena out and give Sharapova her spot but Serena kept winning and Sharapova's star has faded. The same thing will happen in this case
Wrong

This is an ugly vs. good looking issue. The Williams sisters are always in the media and promoting something. Tyson Beckford is one of the best known models. MJ is dark as night and is considered the best. Your theory is simply wrong. To white people, Black is Black. Look at how they did Tiger......
 08-09-2012, 04:02 PM         #124
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dlettern said:
Wrong

This is an ugly vs. good looking issue. The Williams sisters are always in the media and promoting something. Tyson Beckford is one of the best known models. MJ is dark as night and is considered the best. Your theory is simply wrong. To white people, Black is Black. Look at how they did Tiger......
It's an ugly vs good looking issue because the women in question are dark which in America is considered ugly for women. The Williams sisters are always in the media because they win but when Sharapova won just a few tournaments they tried to give Sharapova the top spot.
 6 years ago '10        #125
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
avatar space
space
$18,189 | Props total: 8542 8542
boom, just like that
 6 years ago '12        #126
Nissan Cima 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,303 | Props total: 14 14
 hood135 said:
Only crabs in a barrel because that's the way society made it. This whole situation parallels what would happen back while black people were enslaved.

The slave master would give the light skinned slaves special privileges because they looked more like them than the dark skinned slaves. And if the dark skinned slaves complained, well...

This is the mentality that some of these d!ck heads in this thread is advocating.
My post doesn't represent how I feel about the interview tho... I was just addressing the n*gga who couldn't grasp the concept of that pic.
 6 years ago '08        #127
The N 545 heat pts545
space
avatar space
space
$49,432 | Props total: 25191 25191
Hoodrats at Olympics winning Gold

that's it 2012 its over....
 6 years ago '11        #128
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
avatar space
space
$44,188 | Props total: 23517 23517
 HeruDat said:
obviously I'm over your head. why would crabs be in a barrel and not in their natural habitat? wanna try again?
Obviously its a phrase, commonly ascribed to the black community for its unwillingness to let other blacks succeed if they are not succeeding themselves.


but anyway, Its not all lightskin vs darkskin tho. Lolo is more open than most athletes, personable, and interesting. this is why people are also latching on to her. Only her looks? After them pics Kelli Wells can take the whole d!ck, so its not that. those pics are older than Lolo's mag covers. Lolo is open to the media, so they are who they pay attention to. And I'm sure her agents and marketing people have told her that she needs to strike before they forget her, which is what she did. But she did not tell the media to forget wells and harper, the media did that on its own. Stop blaming lolo for the media's issues, and stop treating her like some scrub.


Last edited by X_WunderKind_X; 08-09-2012 at 05:11 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #129
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$12,412 | Props total: 1597 1597
They said nothing wrong. Very proud of them for representing our country well.
 6 years ago '12        #130
Nissan Cima 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,303 | Props total: 14 14
 HeruDat said:
obviously I'm over your head. why would crabs be in a barrel and not in their natural habitat? wanna try again?
 6 years ago '10        #131
superstarrr 
space
space
space
$577 | Props total: 181 181
LMAO @ anyone who thinks getting endorsements only has to do with what you win. Offcourse winning also has something to do with it, but branding and other factors come to play too.
Kournikova in tennis became porpular and got all the endorsments because she was pretty, not because she was winning grand slams and beating all her opponents.
David Becham isn't even top 30 players alive skills wise, but for a very long period he had way more endorsements and porpularity than any other football player and still does than most.
So basically there're more reasons beyond sports alone why Lolo Jones is porpular and gets all the endorsments and publicity she has. And doesn't she have the fastest US female time in her descipline?

These girls could have answered the questions differently but they took the bait imo and did what they're trying to f!ght against which is making everything about Lolo Jones and nothing else.
 08-09-2012, 05:45 PM         #132
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 X_WunderKind_X said:
Obviously its a phrase, commonly ascribed to the black community for its unwillingness to let other blacks succeed if they are not succeeding themselves.


but anyway, Its not all lightskin vs darkskin tho. Lolo is more open than most athletes, personable, and interesting. this is why people are also latching on to her. Only her looks? After them pics Kelli Wells can take the whole d!ck, so its not that. those pics are older than Lolo's mag covers. Lolo is open to the media, so they are who they pay attention to. And I'm sure her agents and marketing people have told her that she needs to strike before they forget her, which is what she did. But she did not tell the media to forget wells and harper, the media did that on its own. Stop blaming lolo for the media's issues, and stop treating her like some scrub.
It's not their fault jones didn't medal. She just wasn't good enough. I don't see how that makes the two women who actually succeeded crabs in a barrel.
 6 years ago '11        #133
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
avatar space
space
$44,188 | Props total: 23517 23517
 Patrick Galooly said:
It's not their fault jones didn't medal. She just wasn't good enough. I don't see how that makes the two women who actually succeeded crabs in a barrel.
and its not jones fault the media latched on to her. she was merely surviving in a sport that is very difficult to. And she brought visibility to her sport for the other athletes. If the media wanted to focus on the other girls they had every chance to.

Again, they could have said:

"I'm happy for Lolo, but USA represented well as a team in the event. We are all proud to represent our country and thank you for the continued support."
 6 years ago '09        #134
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,487 | Props total: 2219 2219
 Nissan Cima said:
That broad wit the purple hair could get it...


[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]



Yuck that's nasty no dark skin light skin sh*t she ugly. And her attitude nvm
 08-09-2012, 06:37 PM         #135
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 X_WunderKind_X said:
and its not jones fault the media latched on to her. she was merely surviving in a sport that is very difficult to. And she brought visibility to her sport for the other athletes. If the media wanted to focus on the other girls they had every chance to.

Again, they could have said:

"I'm happy for Lolo, but USA represented well as a team in the event. We are all proud to represent our country and thank you for the continued support."
And Lolo could've said something to the effect of not wanting media attention for accomplishments off the track.
 6 years ago '05        #136
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
avatar space
space
$5,164 | Props total: 11 11
 Moony Jackson said:
*looks at username*

U already know where Im going with it, but my city is diverse so I see more mixed and light skinned chicks and rarely deal with those Harper/Wells type of bi*ches......it's the old dark skinned bi*ches that hate.


I'll find the link myself.....
 6 years ago '11        #137
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
avatar space
space
$44,188 | Props total: 23517 23517
 Patrick Galooly said:
And Lolo could've said something to the effect of not wanting media attention for accomplishments off the track.
I believe she was merely playing the game. If people are going to give you endorsements, why not take them? You earned it in their eyes, and she doesn't have a guaranteed contract like other sports. The expenses to train have already been highlighted. The media was her vehicle for visibility and possible endorsements. And her window was very short to sell herself.

4 years of hard work for 10 seconds. If ten seconds is all you have to fall back on you're in a bad spot, and Wells/Harper can't be mad at her for that. The media pushed it
 08-09-2012, 06:53 PM         #138
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 X_WunderKind_X said:
I believe she was merely playing the game. If people are going to give you endorsements, why not take them? You earned it in their eyes, and she doesn't have a guaranteed contract like other sports. The expenses to train have already been highlighted. The media was her vehicle for visibility and possible endorsements. And her window was very short to sell herself.
Exactly. She played the game which is why she's now receiving backlash because she lost. You can't play the game then cry about the media ripping you to shreds when you lose at the game. These ladies played the game the way people were taught. "America loves winners" but America doesn't love them and they're justifiably angry about that. Somebody should've just kept it real "America loves a winner unless they're a dark skinned woman who beat a light skinned woman or a white woman"
 6 years ago '07        #139
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
 Patrick Galooly said:
Exactly. She played the game which is why she's now receiving backlash because she lost. You can't play the game then cry about the media ripping you to shreds when you lose at the game. These ladies played the game the way people were taught. "America loves winners" but America doesn't love them and they're justifiably angry about that. Somebody should've just kept it real "America loves a winner unless they're a dark skinned woman who beat a light skinned woman or a white woman"

Why is Gabby Douglas America's Sweetheart right now?
 6 years ago '11        #140
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
avatar space
space
$44,188 | Props total: 23517 23517
 Patrick Galooly said:
Exactly. She played the game which is why she's now receiving backlash because she lost. You can't play the game then cry about the media ripping you to shreds when you lose at the game. These ladies played the game the way people were taught. "America loves winners" but America doesn't love them and they're justifiably angry about that. Somebody should've just kept it real "America loves a winner unless they're a dark skinned woman who beat a light skinned woman or a white woman"
then dont go at lolo. all I'm saying. the media set her up when she was trying to survive. She had to feel the backlash in 08 from that fu*k up, Im sure she knew how the media could be. Should she have mentioned the "virgin" thing? maybe not. but in a supposedly moral and family oriented christian society, being a virgin should not have been a story at all. Just speaks to how America is, and the double standard it sets for female athletes. All three women got played in the end. Lolo got set up, and the other 2 got set up also.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 90
Article inside A$AP Rocky Outsells Pusha T w/ No Buzz In 1st Week Sales Prediction (..
87 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 55
Drake- Iím Upset
406 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 43
MMA UFC Fight Night 130: Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson vs. Darren Till
346 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside The Frame on this AMAZON.com/Ninimour Model tho...
36 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
119 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 30
NFL This guy can still shut down your favorite receiver
60 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside Smashing With The House Arrest Bracelet On 🤷🏾*♂&..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside Stanley won the lottery... But don't trust no niggas
35 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy