The Power Of Intermittent Fasting BBC Doc (video)

most viewed right now
 92
Steph Kegels
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 89
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 87
Kevin Hart X-mad card
61 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 56
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
120 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '98        #21
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$30,195 | Props total: 3598 3598
good to read some of y;all are trying out IF. Once you know the health benefits and the advantages body composition wise by simply modifying your eating times, its a no brainer.

not to mention all the free time I have now not having to prepare meals 8 times a day like before (i just have 2)
 5 years ago '11        #22
Noobster77 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$231 | Props total: 0 0
 ronnie said:
good to read some of y;all are trying out IF. Once you know the health benefits and the advantages body composition wise by simply modifying your eating times, its a no brainer.

not to mention all the free time I have now not having to prepare meals 8 times a day like before (i just have 2)
something i havent mentioned. i hated having to figure what i was gonna eat for each meal, it was a chore and with IF i just have to worry about 1-3 meals
 5 years ago '10        #23
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
I fast once a year (I currently am) because of Ramadan. I do believe in fasting at least once a month, to clean your body out and the benefits of staying healthy. Once a week isn't bad either.
 5 years ago '05        #24
zogby 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
IF and CT are the new big thing coming to fitness.
 5 years ago '05        #25
theylikeme05 
space
avatar space
space
$2,662 | Props total: 380 380
 iNsane said:
I fast once a year (I currently am) because of Ramadan. I do believe in fasting at least once a month, to clean your body out and the benefits of staying healthy. Once a week isn't bad either.
Me too, been doing it since i was 12
 5 years ago '06        #26
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 2959 2959
wil watch soon as i return
 5 years ago '07        #27
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,627 | Props total: 2472 2472
i'll definitely be checking this out..props
 5 years ago '10        #28
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
avatar space
space
$34,178 | Props total: 15725 15725
 ronnie said:
good to read some of y;all are trying out IF. Once you know the health benefits and the advantages body composition wise by simply modifying your eating times, its a no brainer.

not to mention all the free time I have now not having to prepare meals 8 times a day like before (i just have 2)


Im def drinking the kool-aid on this one. I just started this week and i can already feel a diff. I go ball every tues, thurs, and sunday. Normally i be blowed by the 3-4 games. Had crazy energy tonight and left the gym not even tired after 6 straight full court games
 5 years ago '04        #29
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
I do IF but I wouldnt say the Hodge Twins made it popular.. Most people who work out know about Intermittent Fasting.. I do the Lean Gains style of 16/8.. I fast from 10pm to 2pm, with my feeding window from 2pm to 10pm.. I am currently bulking though at 3200 cals on training days and eat at maintenance on rest days..
 5 years ago '04        #30
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
I have been reading a lot of people talking about this on BX. I'm going to watch the documentary on this tomorrow. I've done a little research on it (and I'm sure I could spend hours more) but wanted to get some quick answers on this...

I plan on doing 18/6 or 20/4, primarily for fat loss, while keeping muscle. I will be lifting and doing cardio as well.

1) Can I juice while I'm in the fasting hours? I have done juice fasts before and I like the nutrition I get from the juice.

2) Can I get my heart rate to high levels? (ie. basketball games, sprinting, etc). I read for juice fasting it was not recommended.

3) Should I carb load during eating hours? I want to cut fat off, so I'm thinking about sticking with low carb meals, but I don't want to be short on energy because of the exercise.

Any info/feedback in appreciated.
 5 years ago '04        #31
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$11,224 | Props total: 2222 2222
 ShaneDawg said:
I have been reading a lot of people talking about this on BX. I'm going to watch the documentary on this tomorrow. I've done a little research on it (and I'm sure I could spend hours more) but wanted to get some quick answers on this...

I plan on doing 18/6 or 20/4, primarily for fat loss, while keeping muscle. I will be lifting and doing cardio as well.

1) Can I juice while I'm in the fasting hours? I have done juice fasts before and I like the nutrition I get from the juice.

2) Can I get my heart rate to high levels? (ie. basketball games, sprinting, etc). I read for juice fasting it was not recommended.

3) Should I carb load during eating hours? I want to cut fat off, so I'm thinking about sticking with low carb meals, but I don't want to be short on energy because of the exercise.

Any info/feedback in appreciated.
1. You aren't supposed to intake any calories during the fasted hours. So no you shouldn't drink juices during those hours. What you could do is add the juices in during your feasting hours. In fact I might actually do that since I've been having a hard time getting all my calories in during those hours. Thanks for reminding me of that.

2. I think they say to stay away from HIIT while fasted but I've done it and played ball fasted and felt fine so if you really like it go for it.

3. You can carbload, in fact they have an IF calculator somewhere that adjusts carbs on workout days and rest days. But the main thing is to keep your protein relatively high, get enough fat in to function and hit your calorie marks.


^the IF calculator
 5 years ago '06        #32
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
avatar space
space
$54,913 | Props total: 25858 25858

[video - click to view]


Been doing this for a minute I love y'all boxden cats yo yeah we are as*holes but we pull together for real life discussions and sh*t.


Last edited by Yung Dilla; 08-10-2012 at 11:57 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #33
Rob De Niro 120 heat pts120
space
avatar space
space
$13,488 | Props total: 668 668
IF you say, gonna do this for 5 weeks and see where this gets me
 5 years ago '06        #34
RAZAH CUTS 5840 heat pts5840
space
avatar space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 18895 18895
pretty interesting stuff...

I think that fasting really can make a difference..
 08-13-2012, 08:22 AM         #35
tech5c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I didn't watch the video.

I can tell though that regardless of diet the overlying theme is to hit your macros and eat clean/healthy food.
 5 years ago '07        #36
-KiNg- 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$158 | Props total: 0 0
Honestly, its the best way. Once you reach your target weight, you can fu*k around and still look good. Been at it since 2009 and ive never been more than 8 pounds above my target weight while eating bullsh*t some of the time.
 5 years ago '04        #37
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
 bibbyboi said:
1. You aren't supposed to intake any calories during the fasted hours. So no you shouldn't drink juices during those hours. What you could do is add the juices in during your feasting hours. In fact I might actually do that since I've been having a hard time getting all my calories in during those hours. Thanks for reminding me of that.

2. I think they say to stay away from HIIT while fasted but I've done it and played ball fasted and felt fine so if you really like it go for it.

3. You can carbload, in fact they have an IF calculator somewhere that adjusts carbs on workout days and rest days. But the main thing is to keep your protein relatively high, get enough fat in to function and hit your calorie marks.


^the IF calculator
Thanks for this info.

I was also wondering about taking pre-workout suppliments while fasting. I'm guessing no. I wanted to lift in the mornings but eat in the evenings after some cardio.
 5 years ago '04        #38
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$11,224 | Props total: 2222 2222
 ShaneDawg said:
Thanks for this info.

I was also wondering about taking pre-workout suppliments while fasting. I'm guessing no. I wanted to lift in the mornings but eat in the evenings after some cardio.
From everything i've read, if the preworkout has calories then no. What I do is I drink black coffee, which is allowed because of how low the calories are. I add some stevia when i can't take the bitterness anymore. lol.

I was drinking diet green tea but coffee seems to work better for me for energy and appetite suppression.
 5 years ago '04        #39
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
 Rubix said:
So can we agree that the importance of nutrient timing is at least somewhat valid now? I know some board members think it doesn't matter when you eat..

IF actually proves the opposite, that meal timing is irrelevant as long as you are at your caloric goal and meet your macros.. IF proves you don't have to eat a sh*t load of carbs before your workout or that you need to take a protein shake immediately after your workout or you'll become catabolic..
 5 years ago '04        #40
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
 bibbyboi said:
From everything i've read, if the preworkout has calories then no. What I do is I drink black coffee, which is allowed because of how low the calories are. I add some stevia when i can't take the bitterness anymore. lol.

I was drinking diet green tea but coffee seems to work better for me for energy and appetite suppression.
thanks. i guess I will just go without no pre-workout for now. may not get as many gains but i'm more in it for the calorie burn anyway
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 54
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 51
joie chavis
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 49
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
106 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 26
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
144 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy