In your opinion, who is the most undeserving MVP winner?

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
70 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

most undeserving mvp
Nash - 2006 28 24.56%
Iverson - 2001 2 1.75%
Kobe - 2008 17 14.91%
Rose - 2011 45 39.47%
Barkley - 1993 3 2.63%
Malone - 1997 6 5.26%
Dirk - 2007 4 3.51%
Tim Duncan - 2002 0 0%
___________________ 5 4.39%
OTHER 4 3.51%
Voters: 114. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #101
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,400 | Props total: 13114 13114
 knowughetto said:
I know what combined means. I'm not stupid. I was just saying that the Hawks didn't have a losing record. I can comprehend what you're saying. Can you comprehend what I'm saying..

And you're really making a big deal off a difference of 2 L's. TWO LOSS DIFFERENCE...

Like I said playoffs are much different than the regular season, and you should know this..
i clearly used the word "combined" instead of saying both teams had a losing record for that very reason, then you go and say "well the hawks didn't have a losing record!" no sh*t. gold star.

regardless, nothing that happens in the playoffs has any weight on who wins regular season MVP, so your original point was a non-issue. and furthermore, what you did in the playoffs that year was anything but impressive, so it would hardly support your argument if you even had one to begin with.

Last edited by joshdogg26; 08-08-2012 at 10:51 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #102
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12575 12575
 joshdogg26 said:
i looked at them going back to 2000 before. i pulled it up now to check. i was also looking at scoring margin as well at the time. you and those pacers were the only teams in that span to face 2 teams with a combined losing record and negative scoring margin, and your opponent's margin was worse, so that's where that came from. any way you slice it, it's pretty pathetic that the 1 seed considers it an accomplishment that they had a bye to the ECF.

accolades come few and far between for you guys since jordan retired though, so you take what you can get i guess
It's an accomplishment that we wen't from the #8 seed to the #1 seed.. Went from being bounced out of the first round the previous 2 seasons to making it to the ECF since 98.. Yes it's an accomplishment. PERIOD.

We earned the #1 seed, we earned the easiest path. If people got a problem with it, then pray your team gets the #1 seed in the reg season and stop bi*ching about something thats been that way since this format was created.
 5 years ago '07        #103
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,609 | Props total: 4208 4208
Nash and Rose, but i voted for Nash because he is white. (no racist)
 5 years ago '07        #104
space
space
 Hold That said:
It's an accomplishment that we wen't from the #8 seed to the #1 seed.. Went from being bounced out of the first round the previous 2 seasons to making it to the ECF since 98.. Yes it's an accomplishment. PERIOD.

We earned the #1 seed, we earned the easiest path. If people got a problem with it, then pray your team gets the #1 seed in the reg season and stop bi*ching about something thats been that way since this format was created.
and you got co-executive of the year and coach of the year for that. this thread is laughing about getting MVP for it. the turnaround wasn't because rose became GOAT. he was borderline top 10 that year and his numbers were not eye popping. he won by default because he was the team's star and public sentiment turned against lebron so they wanted an anti-lebron.

ChiCity Fingaz said:
It's pathetic, but if they had lost earlier in the first or 2nd round, how many threads would there have been about it. Nothings guaranteed. Ask Dirk in 08 losing to the Warriors, when they won like 67 games regular season.

They did what was expected, but they also made a 21 game improvement with a roster that featured 8 new players on it AND a new head coach. It's nothing to hang on your fridge, but it's not something you can sh*t on them for. They didn't get to choose who they played.
there's nothing wrong with having won those games, you play who's in front of you. i'm pointing it out because dude was in here beating his chest about it like it was all that taxing to get through those 2 series.
 5 years ago '07        #105
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
The Pacers and Hawks did play hard tho

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #106
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
and you got co-executive of the year and coach of the year for that. this thread is laughing about getting MVP for it. the turnaround wasn't because rose became GOAT.
You damn right we got Executive of the year.. We struck out on the Bosh/Wade/Bron sweepstakes, and our plan B wound up giving us the best record in the league and they also hired the coach of the year.. And you think RILEY was the reason for LeBron joining Miami? THat sh*t was planned and seed was planted in the 08 summers.. Riley didn't deserve it because he really didn't have to do sh*t. Wade did all the work. Who said Rose became GOAT? He WAS the best player at his position THAT year, his team DID have the best record, he WAS there only option in the 4th during close games, he HAD NO other All-Star make his team.. Boozer and Noah DID miss a combined 50 games.. Yet Rose still executed, still delivered in the clutch, and still led the Bulls to the best record.

he was borderline top 10 that year and his numbers were not eye popping.
Name me 9 players who would have carried that team to the ECF, they better be able to score at a high rate and distribute at a high rate also..

he won by default because he was the team's star and public sentiment turned against lebron so they wanted an anti-lebron.
Thats funny because the actual voters did not say this was the reason why they didnt vote for LeBron.. Yet you say this with conviction as if you know this to be fact. Hilarious.
 5 years ago '04        #107
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 joshdogg26 said:
and you got co-executive of the year and coach of the year for that. this thread is laughing about getting MVP for it. the turnaround wasn't because rose became GOAT. he was borderline top 10 that year and his numbers were not eye popping. he won by default because he was the team's star and public sentiment turned against lebron so they wanted an anti-lebron.

there's nothing wrong with having won those games, you play who's in front of you. i'm pointing it out because dude was in here beating his chest about it like it was all that taxing to get through those 2 series.
Rose won by default? I guess missing our 2 starting big men for damn near 60 games combined (that's 70% of the season combined), while playing with a bench player (Bogans) as our starting SG that couldn't make an open shot to save his life, and carrying the team with everything I just said is considered winning an MVP by default according to you and the rest of boxden...

Last edited by knowughetto; 08-08-2012 at 11:09 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #108
space
space
 Hold That said:
You damn right we got Executive of the year.. We struck out on the Bosh/Wade/Bron sweepstakes, and our plan B wound up giving us the best record in the league and they also hired the coach of the year.. And you think RILEY was the reason for LeBron joining Miami? THat sh*t was planned and seed was planted in the 08 summers.. Riley didn't deserve it because he really didn't have to do sh*t. Wade did all the work. Who said Rose became GOAT? He WAS the best player at his position THAT year, his team DID have the best record, he WAS there only option in the 4th during close games, he HAD NO other All-Star make his team.. Boozer and Noah DID miss a combined 50 games.. Yet Rose still executed, still delivered in the clutch, and still led the Bulls to the best record.
the same guy bi*ching about something that was obvious conjecture is now basing his argument off internet nerd conspiracy theories in the same post

so again, when rose missed half of this season and boozer and noah and deng are the ones who stepped up and kept the team in the #1 spot, why didn't they get some MVP love? same rules should apply.

Name me 9 players who would have carried that team to the ECF, they better be able to score at a high rate and distribute at a high rate also..
score and distribute at a high rate? he shot under 42% for the first 2 rounds. you guys continue to blur the lines between regular season and playoffs talking about a regular season award. i don't think a lot of guys would have had that dud/choke job in the ECF either. he finished 9th in PER. that made him a borderline top 10 performer that year.

lebron, howard, wade, love, kobe, CP3, durant, westbrook, rose, dirk. that was the top 10 that year. he was not even better than westbrook.

Thats funny because the actual voters did not say this was the reason why they didnt vote for LeBron.. Yet you say this with conviction as if you know this to be fact. Hilarious.
no sh*t! here i thought the voters gave a reason! it's crazy that i would imply that i had proof of that obvious notion!

knowughetto said:
Rose won by default? I guess missing our 2 starting big men for damn near 70 combined, while playing with a bench player (Bogans) as our starting SG that couldn't make an open shot to save his life, and carrying the team with everything I just said is considered winning an MVP by default according to you and the rest of boxden...

Edit: not 70, but almost 60 games combined.
so when rose missed half of this season, where was the MVP campaign for deng or boozer? apply your same criteria. they have CJ watson and john lucas III running point and they're hustling and winning games without him. you're a hypocrite.
 5 years ago '05        #109
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
the same guy bi*ching about something that was obvious conjecture is now basing his argument off internet nerd conspiracy theories in the same post
Yes, LeBron/Wade/Bosh never talked about joining up in the 2008 summer it was only a "conspiracy"..

so again, when rose missed half of this season and boozer and noah and deng are the ones who stepped up and kept the team in the #1 spot, why didn't they get some MVP love? same rules should apply.
So tell me why they didn't have the better win percentage with Rose off the court since you have all the answers?

score and distribute at a high rate? he shot under 42% for the first 2 rounds. you guys continue to blur the lines between regular season and playoffs talking about a regular season award. i don't think a lot of guys would have had that dud/choke job in the ECF either. he finished 9th in PER. that made him a borderline top 10 performer that year.
Are we discussing the MVP award or the playoffs?

lebron, howard, wade, love, kobe, CP3, durant, westbrook, rose, dirk. that was the top 10 that year. he was not even better than westbrook.
LeBron,Wade,CP3,Rose, Kobe would have been the only players that could have done anything that Rose would have done.

How would howard Rebounding and Defense help a team that was already superior in that regard? Same goes for Love's rebounding who wouldn't have carried the Bulls team to the ECF, he's not a "go to scorer" that can carry a team, second option at best on a championship contending team. Westbrook is dumb as bricks, doesn't have the BBIQ to do what ROse was doing.. Dirk isn't a passer or distributor, so honestly was he going to run the offensive sets and get Korver/Deng/Boozer and Noah going?

If you think ROse isn't better than Westbrook thats you.. You share that opinion by a small few, certainly not anyone who follows the NBA, certainly not shared by coaches, and certainly wont be ranked above a healthy Rose on anyones list..

But you use BX logic, since you know everything it must be so.

no sh*t! here i thought the voters gave a reason! it's crazy that i would imply that i had proof of that obvious notion!
Yet your obvious flawed theory we are suppose to take as fact, because you a joshdogg from BX right?

Last edited by Hold That; 08-08-2012 at 11:28 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #110
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:

so when rose missed half of this season, where was the MVP campaign for deng or boozer? apply your same criteria. they have CJ watson and john lucas III running point and they're hustling and winning games without him. you're a hypocrite.
You do know that we had 8 new players and a new coach right? They were learning the system and were learning how to play with each other...but yet I'm a hypocrite...

Then you compared a full season to a 66 game season...but yet I'm a hypocrite..

This past season we had a better record with Rose healthy than we did with Watson and Lucas running point, but yet I'm a hypocrite..

These records include playoffs by the way:

33-7 with Rose running point...
18-13 with Watson and Lucas running point, but yet I'm a hypocrite..

Last edited by knowughetto; 08-08-2012 at 11:42 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #111
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Rose wasn't better than Westbrook? They posted similar stats that year, but no way in hell is Westbrook as poised and as good a leader to handle the load Rose did in 10-11. Look beyond the stats a little bit. Westbrook having his own team is a scary sight.
Look beyond the stats? Nah that would require too much work, so much easier to just look up boxscores and not actually look at the game.
 5 years ago '12        #112
GucciBoy347 39 heat pts39
space
space
$10,377 | Props total: 773 773
Kobe should have both of Nash's mvp's
Bron should have Rose's
 5 years ago '04        #113
Budala 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$12,325 | Props total: 1301 1301
 GucciBoy347 said:
Kobe should have both of Nash's mvp's
Bron should have Rose's

05 Shaq
06 Lebron
 08-08-2012, 11:43 PM         #114
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What did rose do to the team beside the scoring aspect of it??? He didn't "carry" sh*t, if anything he mostly shot the bulls out of games.

08-08-2012, 11:44 PM         #115
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phonk$ said:
What did rose do to the team beside the scoring aspect of it??? He didn't "carry" sh*t, if anything he mostly shot the bulls out of games.

5 years ago '04        #116
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
 Phonk$ said:

This guy said Rose mostly shot the Bulls out of games...

08-08-2012, 11:47 PM         #117
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mrballer23 said:
 knowughetto said:
This guy said Rose mostly shot the Bulls out of games...

Tell me how rose "carried" the bulls please...
 08-08-2012, 11:48 PM         #118
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bulls fans so fu*king delusional son...

get ya head out cha a.ss for once.
 08-08-2012, 11:49 PM         #119
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

fu*k outta here man
 5 years ago '04        #120
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
 Phonk$ said:
Tell me how rose "carried" the bulls please...
How are you gonna tell me that Rose never carried the Bulls to wins during his MVP season when I watched all of the games and went to some of the games that year? Its obvious that you didn't watch any Bulls games besides the ones that you saw on ESPN, ABC, and TNT..

What an idiot...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy