GFID Final #'s are in and...

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
148 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
7 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #141
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,362 | Props total: 6374 6374
 44wade said:
so why did drake get a boost?
so now the sales of drake matter
 5 years ago '11        #142
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 JayDee11 said:

Jayz did it
TI did it
Eminem did it
Nas did it
Diddy did it
I can go on.....

You want me to list the albums and dates or can you atleast attempt to do your own research?

Why are people talking about "Jeezy had competition"? Is it somehow illegal to purchase multiple albums? Everytime I go holiday shopping I see damn near anybody, who's purchasing music, with a number of disc in their possession. The bullsh*t going on in this thread is insane.

at you saying do my research. Maybe you need to do your own research.

Jay-Z only has 1 December release and that was back in 1999 with Vol 3. Most of his 4th Quarter releases come in November

T.I. only December release was a rushed effort because he had to go to jail

Eminem has never released an album in December unless you're talking about the re-release Relapse which he released earlier that year

Nas is the only one who consistently drops in December but we all know what they say about Nas.

Nas Lost

And did you use Diddy as a big name rapper?
 5 years ago '05        #143
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
damn.... honestly these threads are always fun because its always 4-5 members who make em go 10 pages deep, you take out these members and these threads would go 3 pages max.

In all honesty I tought the hype over this album was gonna have him flop hard good numbers but onl;y shows that he never was the hottest out.

PS all my white friends are hardcore Rick Ross Fans, and I doubt they even heard jeezy had an album out this year.

Last edited by YARKONE; 08-07-2012 at 05:48 PM..
 08-07-2012, 05:44 PM         #144
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
Ross aint put his dogs on either. When Gunplay's album coming out?

And Jeezy already dropped a compilation album. USDA:Cold Summer. Another one on the way

And guess what? It sold more than Self Made

And you're a fool if you think Ross has only been in the game 6 years. Been in the game since the mid 90s He was pretty much a weed carrier on Slip N Slide

sh*t is corny to me, it's like a lunch-room of geeks with Halloween masks on playing Pokemon with rapper-cards pitting them against each other....I'm done with that side.

Gunplay just secured a solo deal with Def Jam he's in the studio working on his debut.

Ross dropped his debut album indie or mainstream in 2006.

I respect Rozay for putting his team in position and releasing Self Made Vol 2 with no fear that it might eat into his own sales. Team work make the Dream work.

It will be ages before you see another rapper have a week on the charts like this:

#1 God Forgives I don't = 215K
#23 Self Made Vol 2 = 14K

Two albums in the Top 25 just doesn't happen but because Rozay has his team on WB and himself on Def Jam he can maneuver better and everybody on the team can eat.

I look at things from an insider of the culture perspective.
 5 years ago '08        #145
El_Maravilloso1 
space
space
$3,346 | Props total: 408 408
 5 years ago '12        #146
44wade 289 heat pts289 OP
space
space
space
$24,061 | Props total: 11268 11268
 justinjones said:
so now the sales of drake matter
um, how isnt a rap album that didnt go down during the holiday season, not relevant to the convo.

Drake sales actually went slightly higher than the week previous.
 5 years ago '11        #147
space
space
 44wade said:
um, how isnt a rap album that didnt go down during the holiday season, not relevant to the convo.

You classify Drake's album as rap?
 5 years ago '11        #148
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 Monoblock said:

[pic - click to view]

Technically ain't it his though? Ain't nobody else gonna sell more than Ross this summer and MMG has also had strong presence on radio. The summer does belong to Ross......the 3rd straight for that matter
 5 years ago '04        #149
thetrapper 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$1,980 | Props total: 1188 1188
 Graftedgenes said:
A mutanoid like you is still playing checkers.

Jeezy dropped his first album in 2001 and he still ain't built a solid enough team to put his dogs on...he plays checkers too.

Jeezy needs to drop a #1 compilation showcasing his artists

Jeezy needs to executive produce an album from one of his artists and watch it go Gold

Ross been on the game since 2006 and in 6 years out-hustled Jeezy as a CEO, he has a film division that does the bulk of videos/vlogs and a Latin division along with singers and reggae artists.

You talking about "platinum" and we talking about minority economic empowerment in the culture without even having to go platinum and crossover.

Chess not Checkers.
USDA was a group compilation album sold 101k first week was #1 and sold gold

cry in your computer chair...go @ the def jam people bout my reply for attention

your stan influenced arguments making u emotional put your skirt down

only folk trolling i will do today

have a wonderful day everyone.

going marlin fishing in miami with young
 5 years ago '12        #150
space
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
You classify Drake's album as rap?
classify whatever how you want to, it just shows how the season helped the album out.

Im done with the xmas sh*t. It helped, its a fact.

But GFID sold less than TM103, so far.

Lets see them 2nd week #'s though
 5 years ago '04        #151
space
space
 44wade said:

ok say if i go with this slight sales boost theory. its not going to be a 50k jump. i'll spot you 20k. so jeezy sold 210 instead of 230

you mean to tell me that one artist who had a hard time even getting a release date for his album with a bunch of singles that didn't go anywhere sold almost just as much as

somebody that have all these songs on rotation. have every big name saying he was biggie or had a classic album. had a mixtape with million downloads. got another artist that did the same. had another album come out the month before to help the promotion

rick ross couldn't do that much better?
 5 years ago '11        #152
space
space
 44wade said:
classify whatever how you want to, it just shows how the season helped the album out.

Im done with the xmas sh*t. It helped, its a fact.

But GFID sold less than TM103, so far.

Lets see them 2nd week #'s though
It's not so much of the holiday but the publicity he had at the time. Performing with Steve Wonder, beef with Common, performing at Monster Jam, performing in Times Square on NYE

5 years ago '07        #153
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,948 | Props total: 5849 5849
 Monoblock said:
 5 years ago '12        #154
space
space
space
 justinjones said:
ok say if i go with this slight sales boost theory. its not going to be a 50k jump. i'll spot you 20k. so jeezy sold 210 instead of 230

you mean to tell me that one artist who had a hard time even getting a release date for his album with a bunch of singles that didn't go anywhere sold almost just as much as

somebody that have all these songs on rotation. have every big name saying he was biggie or had a classic album. had a mixtape with million downloads. got another artist that did the same. had another album come out the month before to help the promotion

rick ross couldn't do that much better?
Hey I personally dont believe the man sold 233k, but thats whatever, the # is what it is.

And because of the reasons you named above is why I think sh*ts funny a little bit.

Maybe it was the promo Jeezy did for 2-3yrs?

We also could look at it like this, HOW DID A PLATINUM LEGEND WHOSE LEGACY WILL BE BIGGER THAN ROSS, AND IS SO MUCH MORE REAL, only outsell Ross by 18k first week.
 5 years ago '12        #155
space
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
It's not so much of the holiday but the publicity he had at the time. Performing with Steve Wonder, beef with Common, performing at Monster Jam, performing in Times Square on NYE

And Jeezy was home sleep?

Nah, Def Jam threw him a TM101 tour, sh*t even had Jay Z come out in concert in NY.

Cmon, yall people acting like Jeezy was in a beat up van, him and his homies just trying to make it, they was out there man.
 5 years ago '11        #156
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 44wade said:
Hey I personally dont believe the man sold 233k, but thats whatever, the # is what it is.

And because of the reasons you named above is why I think sh*ts funny a little bit.

We also could look at it like this, HOW DID A PLATINUM LEGEND WHOSE LEGACY WILL BE BIGGER THAN ROSS, AND IS SO MUCH MORE REAL, only outsell Ross by 18k first week.
Whether you want to believe it or not the numbers are a fact. I gave you the link & you chose to live in denial. That's not a good look especially when you're trying to craft an argument like this...
 5 years ago '11        #157
space
space
 44wade said:
And Jeezy was home sleep?

Nah, Def Jam threw him a TM101 tour, sh*t even had Jay Z come out in concert in NY.

Cmon, yall people acting like Jeezy was in a beat up van, him and his homies just trying to make it, they was out there man.
So you're saying Jeezy performances were televised nationally like Drake?
 5 years ago '04        #158
space
space
 44wade said:

that sounds like the people that said "i don't believe wayne sold 900k" a year ago

so ross haven't been saying "god forgives i don't" since right after ashes to ashes? a year and a half ago?

also to your last point
you can say that about vanilla ice or mc hammer. or even t.i who sold more than both in his career but no mercy did worse than both in "the holiday season"

ross is "hotter and more popular" than jeezy right now but still sold around the same 1st week
 08-07-2012, 06:08 PM         #159
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thetrapper said:
USDA was a group compilation album sold 101k first week was #1 and sold gold

cry in your computer chair...go @ the def jam people bout my reply for attention

your stan influenced arguments making u emotional put your skirt down

only folk trolling i will do today

have a wonderful day everyone.

going marlin fishing in miami with young

Wow, that was an emotional response...Jeezys bottom-bi*ch stopping through to congratulate Rozay on his success and tell us he has a date with Jeezy later.

The main reason why you see Self Made & GFID both in the top 25 is because you dealing with two separate parent companies and you have more flexibility to maneuver.

It's something that's never been done before and something that may not ever happen again.
 5 years ago '12        #160
space
space
space
 Retro said:
Whether you want to believe it or not the numbers are a fact. I gave you the link & you chose to live in denial. That's not a good look especially when you're trying to craft an argument like this...
guess you didnt finish reading the sentence.

but thats whatever, the # is what it is.

my opinion dont change reality.

reality is reality, I can accept that.

Im not some loco, bro, i debate.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
5 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
68 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy