Aug 7 - Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
10 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NFL Yo GTFO out my way...oh my bad bro
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA KD hair so bad he got ppl trying to help
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #1
8740 pageviews
128 comments

Ham Rove 3502 heat pts3502
space
space
space
$54,453 | Props total: 16239 16239
Aug 7 - Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

After President Obama's health care law takes full effect, the slogan for national pizza chain Papa John's may need an update. Instead of, “Better ingredients. Better Pizza,” may we suggest, “Better health care. Pricier pizza."

Papa John's CEO John Schnatter says that Obamacare will result in a $0.11 to $0.14 price increase per pizza, or $0.15 to $0.20 cents per order, Pizza Marketplace, a trade publication, reports. (Hat tip: @dkberman via Twitter.)

Under Obamacare, the company, which is the third-largest pizza takeout and delivery chain in the United States, will have to offer health care coverage to more of its 16,500 total employees or pay a penalty to the government.

The National Restaurant a.ssociation pointed out following the health care law's Supreme Court approval that it may adversely affect restaurants’ ability to maintain already slim profit margins because it requires companies of more than 50 employees to provide affordable health insurance.

One Papa John's franchise owner in Texas, Judy Nichols, says the law could interfere with her ability to open more restaurants.

“I have two options, I can stop offering coverage and pay the $2,000 fine, or I could keep my number of staff under 50 so the mandate doesn't apply,” she told Legal Newsline. Nichols added that the law may cost her between $20,000 to $30,000 extra in taxes. “Obamacare is making me think about cutting jobs instead," she said.

But with strong sales last quarter and more than 1,500 new retail locations planned in the near future, Schnatter doesn't seem all that bothered -- perhaps because he intends to pass those health care costs on to customers.

“We're not supportive of Obamacare, like most businesses in our industry,” Schnatter was quoted as saying in Politico. “But our business model and unit economics are about as ideal as you can get for a food company to absorb Obamacare."

McDonald’s also expects Obamacare to cost each of its 14,000 franchises between $10,000 and $30,000 annually, according to Businessweek. But, like Schnatter, the company remains optimistic it is well placed to handle the extra costs.

Representatives from other restaurant chains may be less hopeful, however, including Burger King, Quiznos and Dunkin’ Donuts, all which have expressed concern the law may hurt business, according to the Wall Street Journal.

[pic - click to view]

Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

128 comments for "Aug 7 - Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says"

4 years ago '07        #2
Damagegadget 486 heat pts486
space
space
$30,865 | Props total: 4878 4878
good cause that damn pizza always give me acid reflux..which probably isn't good for my health >
 4 years ago '06        #3
datnolaboy 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,640 | Props total: 1273 1273
.20 cents per pizza order is worth it. Long live health care for all! Do they realize they're complaining about giving their employees benefits? $30,000 a year for McDonald's is not a big deal. The avg store makes 2 Million a year.
 4 years ago '07        #4
space
space
space
This dude held a fundraiser for Romney, just trying to make his guy look better, even tho what Obama did Romney did for Mass. and Papa Johns pizza sucks to me, but I could be spoiled since im in Chicago, we have waaaaay better options for pizza.

but for those who do like it, im pretty sure until the 12th of august u can get 50 percent off with the code summer50.
 08-07-2012, 02:53 PM         #5
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Their entire menu is absolutely disgusting. Even with that 50% off deal, I saved $40 but the food is so damn gross.
 4 years ago '06        #6
Special Edd 146 heat pts146
space
space
$22,802 | Props total: 2608 2608
fu*k off card board box pizza's
 08-07-2012, 03:04 PM         #7
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no 20 million yacht this year for homie
 08-07-2012, 03:06 PM         #8
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I cant eat Pizza if that sh*t aint made in NY. I been in NC for about 2 years now
 4 years ago '04        #9
ShaDoW1 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,828 | Props total: 435 435
if u buy pizza from any of these chains.......kill yaself
 4 years ago '10        #10
Bandito 73 heat pts73
space
space
space
$2,968 | Props total: 1674 1674
The bigger picture is Papa John's is just the last stop in the supply chain.
Add 14 cents more for the company that produces the flour. 14 cents for
the tomato supplier. Etc. That's just one industry. Prices on almost all goods
are going to go up. The only way for Obama to survive the backlash is to
push hard for a raise in the federal minimum wage. I'm not talking about a
few cents, he needs to push for at least a 5 dollar raise for it to get back
in-line with inflation.
 4 years ago '06        #11
datnolaboy 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,640 | Props total: 1273 1273
 Bandito said:
The bigger picture is Papa John's is just the last stop in the supply chain.
Add 14 cents more for the company that produces the flour. 14 cents for
the tomato supplier. Etc. That's just one industry. Prices on almost all goods
are going to go up. The only way for Obama to survive the backlash is to
push hard for a raise in the federal minimum wage. I'm not talking about a
few cents, he needs to push for at least a 5 dollar raise for it to get back
in-line with inflation.
Yeah then they're gonna say that'll cost more people jobs. Then unemployment goes up. Nothing he does will have 100% support or great consequences. I'd rather pay more for my pizza and tomatoes(sp?) knowing everyone in the country has healthcare.
 08-07-2012, 03:36 PM         #12
sflm 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Papa John's pizza (and Romney) sucks but, regardless, NoTitleSince73 it's like you take everything negative expressed about Obama and his policies personally. Like he your savior or something...seriously, he's just a policitian. The same goes for all you other overzealous Obamaniacs.
 4 years ago '07        #13
space
space
space
 sflm said:
Papa John's pizza (and Romney) sucks but, regardless, NoTitleSince73 it's like you take everything negative expressed about Obama and his policies personally. Like he your savior or something...seriously, he's just a policitian. The same goes for all you other overzealous Obamaniacs.
Lol how did I take anything personally? You're the one who EVERY single time mentions me, get off my d!ck already. I posted an article i found interesting. How is that "taking it personal"
 08-07-2012, 04:17 PM         #14
P Griff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
their pizza is sh*t anyway...no big deal to me
 4 years ago '05        #15
StateProperty88 32 heat pts32
space
space
$37,457 | Props total: 2908 2908
 endless lies said:
Their entire menu is absolutely disgusting. Even with that 50% off deal, I saved $40 but the food is so damn gross.
you bought 80 dollars worth though
 4 years ago '08        #16
ExNihilo 40 heat pts40
space
space
$15,588 | Props total: 6915 6915
He's complaining, but he paid someone $250K as a finders fee to locate his old Camaro and he gave away pizza to Camaro owners for free.

It's his money and he can do what he wants with it, but that's the cost of doing business. Go ahead and let your underpaid workforce die off in that case. lol
 4 years ago '06        #17
RAZAH CUTS 5502 heat pts5502
space
space
$51,208 | Props total: 10169 10169
food is horrible man..

and now he wants to play politics?

you gon lose John.. you gon lose..
 4 years ago '10        #18
surreyjack 49 heat pts49
space
space
space
$1,997 | Props total: 1 1
its bushs fault
 4 years ago '06        #19
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,503 | Props total: 53 53
Third largest pizza takeout restaurant? What are #1 and #2?
 4 years ago '08        #20
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$17,605 | Props total: 2779 2779
^^^^ Dominoes and Pizza Hut more than likely.

Papa Johns has always been cool with me. Dont get the hate. Dont eat pizza like I used to for health reasons but Papa Johns was always the best till Dominoes upgraded there pizza.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
155 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
160 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
358 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Brinda Spencer
21 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy