Sleeping Dogs review arrives: '2012's most brilliantly brutal surprise'

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
91 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-08-2012, 09:00 PM         #41
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AuthenticMade said:
Just found a t.....with mad seeders and its verified as the right copy
I see you found that trailer

5 years ago '05        #42
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Yo ima tell you right now. Call all the chicks you meet in this game it is worth it. They help you out alot.
 08-08-2012, 09:05 PM         #43
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AuthenticMade said:
Why wouldnt they have a MP section for this game is beyond me tho. Thats honestly the only reason I refuse to buy it
Not enough time
They wanted to focus on story
It would have takes two disk (lol)
True Crime never had MP

All these can be reasons i guess
 5 years ago '05        #44
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,986 | Props total: 1312 1312
having a dope story and lots to do >>> having some bullsh*t online like GTA IV had (driving around with friends in cars and shooting? No missions? gay a.ss sh*t).
 5 years ago '11        #45
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
They said they're working on a multiplayer.
 5 years ago '05        #46
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
 Jesszman said:
They said they're working on a multiplayer.
Yeah thats after the game is out though, I got no problem with that, as logn as the singleplayer is top notch instead of half a.ssed
 5 years ago '04        #47
deziking 79 heat pts79
space
space
$19,528 | Props total: 5081 5081
fu*k a review release the god damn game.
 5 years ago '08        #48
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,518 | Props total: 104 104
 katalist said:
having a dope story and lots to do >>> having some bullsh*t online like GTA IV had (driving around with friends in cars and shooting? No missions? gay a.ss sh*t).
youre crazy as fu*k. i guarantee gta4 mp is still top 10-15 on xbl in terms of people playing 4 years after release. racing, cops n crooks, team mafia work, tdm, free-for-all, free mode to just fu*k around in all while having a 20+ hour single-player mode as well as coop modes (hangmans noose, bomb da base). no other game offers that much in one package, period and that was rockstars first attempt at multiplayer.
i do agree though that most games dont need mp though because it risks feeling tacked on like a.ssassins creed or dead space.
 5 years ago '05        #49
zogby 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
TRUE CRIME HONG KONG !!!! fu*k YES
True crime was always a great series and even with the name change its great to see it going well
would love to know whats on the soundtrack
 5 years ago '05        #50
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
 el bundy said:
youre crazy as fu*k. i guarantee gta4 mp is still top 10-15 on xbl in terms of people playing 4 years after release. racing, cops n crooks, team mafia work, tdm, free-for-all, free mode to just fu*k around in all while having a 20+ hour single-player mode as well as coop modes (hangmans noose, bomb da base). no other game offers that much in one package, period and that was rockstars first attempt at multiplayer.
i do agree though that most games dont need mp though because it risks feeling tacked on like a.ssassins creed or dead space.
That sh*t was boring as fu*k in GTA IV to me, me and some homies played for few days then got bored as sh*t.

I think the only online that works with sandbox games is COOP like what was in SR2 and SR3 where u can do the whole campaign together.

Hell, even RDR atleast had a few missions you could do, that GTA IV sh*t was bare as a mothfu*ka.

Id way rather have a 100% dope campaign then a half a.ssed campaign that sucks with some tacky online tossed on.

Last edited by katalist; 08-09-2012 at 12:25 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #51
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
 AuthenticMade said:
You must not have alot of friends. When GTA 4 dropped we had so many people online that we used to have n*ggas waiting for spots in our games. n*ggas used to have 2-3 full xbox live parties going at once

Playing with your friends, talking sh*t, having the time of your life videogame wise >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else.

Im not paying 60 dollars for a game on Tuesday only to beat it by Friday or Saturday night, and never touch it again

They could've simply opened the city up, dropped some pick ups around, made it so we tally score for k!lling each other and called it death match.

Its activision, and they already got DLC at launch for it. Imagine how much you bout to pay for that lol

PC Version in a much higher res with higher HD Textures and Directx11 flowing ever so beautifully? All for free?

No way thats a loss my man
If its coop like Saints Row 3 or Saints Row 2 then yeah thats dope playing with friends.
But that sh*t in GTA IV was boring as fu*k, I played it with friends for a few days and that shti got boring as hell to me man.

RDR had aight onlien cuz you could do some missions with friends, but that sh*t in GTA IV got boring hella fast for me man. The first few days I was like "YO THIS IS DOPE!!!!" then that sh*t wore off super fast, was just pointless really.

If it aint coop campaign then that sh*t sucks imo man, I mean I love coop games where you can get on with ya homeboys and rock it, but if its just pointless sh*t then it aint really fun, everyone bored n sh*t lol. Dayz we playing with now with my boys, 21 people at the same time against 39 others that sh*t dope as fu*k. Same with SR3 even though its just 2 people.

And no its NOT Activision that did Sleeping Dogs, Its Square Enix that is putting it out.

Last edited by katalist; 08-09-2012 at 12:34 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #52
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,304 | Props total: 105 105
this>>>>>>>>>>>FPS MPs

finally a game with a theme and story not a rushed game cause it caterd to some random death match
 5 years ago '04        #53
The S-Word 
space
space
$3,673 | Props total: 1290 1290
Damn, I wasn't really checking for the game before, but I might now.

PhI|0z0pH3r said:
That part about this game being a True Crime game is wrong. Activision was the one that attached the True Crime name in hopes that the name would prompt extra attention. This game actually started out as Black Lotus.
Oh real? After the unfinished, glitch-filled, utter disaster that was their last True Crime game, True Crime: New York City, you would think they'd want to distance themselves from that series, but I guess not.
 5 years ago '07        #54
tsdf38 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
space
$124 | Props total: 0 0
Sleeping Dogs review: 9/10 in OXM - 'A better game than we were expecting'
Second glowing review arrives for Square Enix brawler

By Andy Robinson for CVG UK

OXM UK is the second publication to put out their Sleeping Dogs review, and it's another glowing verdict for the Square Enix crime-em-up.

In its latest issue the mag awards the open-world effort a 9/10, calling it "a Wei better game than we were expecting."

The score follows another 9/10 from OPM UK's own Sleeping Dogs review, which boldly describes the title as "2012's most brilliantly brutal surprise".

OXM calls Sleeping Dogs "A gripping vision of Hong Kong which sports majestic driving, a sharp, well-acted storyline and varied missions," only reserving criticism for the fairly short (by genre standards at least) 14-hour main story.

Originally developed for Activision under the name True Crime: Hong Kong, Sleeping Dogs - as it became known - was later dropped by the Call of Duty publisher and then snapped up by Square Enix last summer.

Another 9/10,
 5 years ago '06        #55
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,121 | Props total: 4703 4703
 e G o Maniac said:
Got this confused with Watch Dogs. But after reading the review this one's now on the radar.
I knew there was another game with similar title. It was confusing the hell out of me.
 5 years ago '05        #56
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
 Se7en said:
I can't fu*king wait to pick this up. How's the free roaming? Is it fun? Oh and can you go around shooting people like GTA?
Free roaming is tight plenty of sh*t to do. Guns are actually pretty fun and even when I get one I usually throw it out the melee system is >>>>>
 5 years ago '07        #57
majorleaguepro 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$125 | Props total: 130 130
mannnn i just downloaded this game and it sucks, i was mad disappointed... the graphics are hot sh*t and after playing batman arkham asylum or arkham city, this game's f!ghting system is repetitive and sh*tty.. imma use this game as a coaster for my bud light lime while i watch usain bolt smoke everybody in the 200m
 5 years ago '04        #58
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,482 | Props total: 869 869
Glad I got this on PC. can't wait to see what the mod community is gonna do to this.
 5 years ago '12        #59
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,610 | Props total: 2124 2124
 majorleaguepro said:
mannnn i just downloaded this game and it sucks, i was mad disappointed... the graphics are hot sh*t and after playing batman arkham asylum or arkham city, this game's f!ghting system is repetitive and sh*tty.. imma use this game as a coaster for my bud light lime while i watch usain bolt smoke everybody in the 200m
No offense but that sounding like beer commercial for the olympics.
 5 years ago '05        #60
Krazie 133 heat pts133
space
space
$45,859 | Props total: 20814 20814
 Trizz187 said:
this>>>>>>>>>>>FPS MPs

finally a game with a theme and story not a rushed game cause it caterd to some random death match
Comparing multiplayer to single player in two completely different genres is one of the dumbest things I've seen in awhile.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
20 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
73 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
130 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy