Aaliyah Fans Upset By Drake Helming Project, Lash Out On Twitter

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
70 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
HOTtubTONY 17 heat pts17
space
space
$993 | Props total: 158 158
Who cares what her family has to say. If they are for it, cool, if they not, oh well. If they don't have the right to her masters then they should "STFU" honestly. All they have are their opinions, as does the public. Why not let Drake or who ever produce an Aaliyah album? And how could anybody say if she would have a restraining order against anyone or not. I could say some sh*t like "if Aaliyah was alive Steve Jobs never would of created the iPod..." or "Nets would of beat the Lakers in 6 of the 2002 Finals"... "DMX would of became Def Jam President" like come on...
 5 years ago '05        #82
autoraptronix 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,526 | Props total: 291 291
 dlettern said:
I can't hate on homie for taking the initiative to produce for someone he admires. However, his obsession is suspect.

Real question should be why hadn't Missy or Timbo been on this a long time ago? How about Dame or Jay since they have been romantically tied to her? Why catch feelings now after dropping the ball?
They were but the estate didnt give the go ahead.
 08-07-2012, 02:11 PM         #83
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that last tweet
 08-07-2012, 02:23 PM         #84
Leezee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
one of the realist he ever spit tho
 5 years ago '11        #85
MonStar Music 7 heat pts
space
space
$638 | Props total: 0 0
You guys are forgetting the fact that Timbo would have laced this track with some crazy a.ss drums and took the whole thing to another level, who says Tim and 40 cant work together

What could of been....

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #86
macthorough 32 heat pts32
space
space
$870 | Props total: 366 366
 RokkyRok said:
Aaliyah's family has never ever supported any posthumous release, including "I miss you" and "I care 4u". Aaliyah's immediate family doesn't have control of her catalog, her uncle, Barry Hankerson (the one that hooked her up with R. Kelly) controls something like 75-80% of it. I don't think he's ever truly respected the wishes of her parents & brother because it sounds like he sold those tracks.

There's also a possibility that he somehow grabbed it through Static Major's estate. The track sounds like it's from the sessions she had with him for her last album. Folks have always said that he had a stack of tracks from those sessions that he kept for himself, it may be those.

Either way, drake's a weird dude.
 5 years ago '06        #87
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,613 | Props total: 8917 8917
Lmaooooooo dead gossip literally rofllllll
oh no the dead legend nooo noo

song is the WORSE sh*t I EVER HEARD fu*kING WACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

WHEN THE bi*ch was alive sh*t was iight no one gives a fucc about no damn rnb singers.

Last edited by Special Edd; 08-07-2012 at 03:28 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #88
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,324 | Props total: 2473 2473
 5 years ago '04        #89
DunKDunKGoo$e 
space
space
space
$547 | Props total: 19 19
real r and b and drake should never be used in the same breath. EVER.

Raheem>Drake
 5 years ago '04        #90
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,565 | Props total: 2424 2424
Drake is cool and all but this dudes "love" for Aaliyah is reaching stan-ish levels.

And Timbo & Missy should be involved in some way. They were her most frequent collaborators from a music standpoint and 2 of her best friends from a personal standpoint. Not saying they should completely take over but they should be involved in some capacity to kinda guide Drake in the right direction because that song that dropped didn't even sound like a record she would do. It sounded like some throw away sh*t Drake didn't use on Take Care.
 5 years ago '11        #91
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 datVAkid said:
k!ll yourself... if drake is the closest thing to real r&b then insane clown posse is the only thing close to what most consider real hip hop

Besides the fact of that not even making sense? What are you bi*ching about?

Miguel, Frank Ocean, and Drake are the only ones making anything resembling real "R&B"

Usher and Trey Songz have been doing their own thing. And Ne-Yo just said fu*k it. So how is what I said not true. n*ggas like you who just to hate to hate annoy the sh*t out of me. Nothing to bring to the convo. d!ckblower.
 08-11-2012, 01:31 PM         #92
TeddiGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Taste Maker said:
Anytime timberland WANTS to be involved in a project, let him. He has 20 plus years experience, and one hell of a track record. Not to mention that was his artist. Drake did the first record and it sounded like a mixtape single. It wasn't structured like a song and only had one verse. Get timbo in there and let him do his thing, thats a no brainer..
Timbaland and Missy gonna lace that sh*t nicely......

I hope Timbaland doesn't pull that sh*t he does now.... He better go to that old Timbo, before he let Danja do most of his work...
 5 years ago '07        #93
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
looks like drake is the only person actually interested in doing something though?
its been years and missy and timb never said like "sh*t we got this material we should mix it and release it"

its like drake is the only person who is like "I want to be a part of this"
 5 years ago '06        #94
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
That Drake aaliyah Song is Doo Doo. That n*gga fu*king up her legacy...... Whack a.ss beat too.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
39 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy