Cavs, Wolves working on Varejao for Derrick Williams, Luke Ridnour swap?

most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
58 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
7403 pageviews
68 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Cavs, Wolves working on Varejao for Derrick Williams, Luke Ridnour swap?

New NBA trade rumors have the Minnesota Timberwolves and Cleveland Cavaliers possibly pulling off a deal. The current chatter suggests that the Timberwolves could send Derrick Williams and Luke Ridnour to the Cavaliers as part of the deal. In exchange, the Timberwolves would acquire Anderson Varejao, someone who could give the team a very nice low post presence off the bench.

A year ago, this would not have seemed like enough to pry Williams away. He came into the league as a prized pick of the 2011 NBA Draft out of Arizona, but has simply not fulfilled on his promise of becoming a great player. That doesn't mean he won't eventually get to that level though, so maybe the Timberwolves are giving up on him a bit too early.

As for Varejao, he can play forward and center, so he could help out any team trying to contend for the playoffs. If things stayed the same, he would likely come off the bench for the Timberwolves, giving the team some great rebounding with the second unit. This is definitely an intriguing trade for both sides, but it seems like the Cavaliers would be coming away with the long-term upside and another top pick from that draft.

What do you think of these new NBA trade rumors? Would a Derrick Williams trade to the Cleveland Cavaliers be exactly what he needs to step up his game?

[pic - click to view]

NBA Trade Rumors: Minnesota-Cleveland Deal... | Gather

[pic - click to view]

68 comments for "Cavs, Wolves working on Varejao for Derrick Williams, Luke Ridnour swap?"

5 years ago '06        #2
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,542 | Props total: 18051 18051
damn this n*gga a super bust
 5 years ago '11        #3
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
 Rique said:
damn this n*gga a super bust
how is he a bust after 1 season
 5 years ago '05        #4
FalconBuddha 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,617 | Props total: 1690 1690
Man, how bad does derrick williams suck? The guy was the #2 pick just 12 months ago and since then all we have heard is how bad the wolves want to trade him. They had to of known last year that they didnt want him since they already had Love, so why not pass on him and either take Kanter or Valančiūnas? Its not like Williams was far and away the #2 player in the draft. It was basically Irving and then everyone else

Also, what is Cle going to do with him, they drafted Tristan Thompson 2 picks after him last year at #4 overall and they are both PFs (i know thompson played C at times last year, but hes not a real center), so what are they trying to do, stock up on the position? I mean it would be nice to have the #1-2-4 picks from a draft, but i think its overkill on their part
 5 years ago '11        #5
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
 FalconBuddha said:
Man, how bad does derrick williams suck? The guy was the #2 pick just 12 months ago and since then all we have heard is how bad the wolves want to trade him. They had to of known last year that they didnt want him since they already had Love, so why not pass on him and either take Kanter or Valančiūnas? Its not like Williams was far and away the #2 player in the draft. It was basically Irving and then everyone else

Also, what is Cle going to do with him, they drafted Tristan Thompson 2 picks after him last year at #4 overall and they are both PFs (i know thompson played C at times last year, but hes not a real center), so what are they trying to do, stock up on the position? I mean it would be nice to have the #1-2-4 picks from a draft, but i think its overkill on their part
neither of them are all that
 08-05-2012, 05:12 PM         #6
Sephiroth757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just contract the T'Wolves and get it over with.
 5 years ago '05        #7
FalconBuddha 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,617 | Props total: 1690 1690
 StylinOnYou said:
True but they had as much potential as williams and both are legit Centers, a position of need (hence the reason they are trying to trade for Sideshow Flop)
 5 years ago '10        #8
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,374 | Props total: 9645 9645
 StylinOnYou said:
How could you say that when Valančiūnas hasn't played in the NBA yet?

As for the article it says alot about Williams when they tryna PACKAGE him to get Sideshow Bob.
 5 years ago '11        #9
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
 FalconBuddha said:
True but they had as much potential as williams and both are legit Centers, a position of need (hence the reason they are trying to trade for Sideshow Flop)
yeah, i see your point since teams would probably prefer legit bigs over tweener forwards
 5 years ago '11        #10
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Blkboipurp said:
How could you say that when Valančiūnas hasn't played in the NBA yet?

As for the article it says alot about Williams when they tryna PACKAGE him to get Sideshow Bob.
Valanciunas could be good in a few years but i don't think he is an impact player against nba competition right now
 5 years ago '07        #11
theFREAK 3682 heat pts3682
space
space
$53,715 | Props total: 38567 38567
 5 years ago '09        #12
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,102 | Props total: 22556 22556
 StylinOnYou said:
Valanciunas could be good in a few years but i don't think he is an impact player against nba competition right now
That n*ggas about to be a problem. I was sleeping on son but he gonna put some work in.

Williams needa be put at the small forward spot, and let em just do his thing.
 5 years ago '10        #13
Dun Dada 
space
space
$3,223 | Props total: 0 0
Wolves stay giving away top picks they cant draft for sh*t. Love and Rubio that's it. Lawson was a good pick too but traded him
 5 years ago '10        #14
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,374 | Props total: 9645 9645
 StylinOnYou said:
I see what your saying...we'll see though.I think dude may actually turn out to be good.
 5 years ago '04        #15
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
I wanted to see the guy play another full season before labeling him a bust. But I guess Kahn and Adelman have already seen enough.
 5 years ago '05        #16
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
I thought Williams showed some flashes, weird to give up on him after one season and try to package him for an average player. I don't know if this says more about him or the Wolves front office. Maybe if he was white...
 08-05-2012, 05:30 PM         #17
ballislife 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Notice how they aren't trading for or drafting small fowards guess they are waiting for 2014
 5 years ago '10        #18
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
derrick williams aint bad
 5 years ago '11        #19
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,257 | Props total: 17710 17710
Damn. He's a tweener so that might be a problem, but damn they are trying to win now, fu*k developing
 5 years ago '12        #20
AceBoogie 45 heat pts45
space
space
$6,201 | Props total: 59 59
im surprised kahn hasnt been run out of town by minnesota fans nothing he does makes sense
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
216 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
96 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy