Michael Phelps The Greatest Olympian BX Smiley Potentials 2012 (pics)

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #42
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1849 1849
 Youngin19 said:
he's never won a gold medal in the 100m freestyle in the olympics, or in the 50m freestyle. Those are widely believed to be the fastest swim events. He's not a sprint swimmer which means he's not the fastest swimmer in the world so saying he's versatile is not really that true.

but he's won 100 m in butterfly 3 times. that's still just as great a feat.

and I never said he was the fastest swimmer in the world (even though he is/was the fastest at HIS categories, fastest swimmer is a very general term, I dont think it should just belong to those in short distance )

I dont think the fact that he's not the fastest swimmer in short distance sprint swimming makes him any less of a great overall athlete. That would be like me slighting bolt for not having any 400 m individual olympic medals.

Bolt is good at what he's good at (short distance sprint), and Phelps is good at what he's good at ( a bunch of categories I dont want to all name).

you can't just take what Bolt is good at and try to compare Phelps and say " Phelps isn't a better athlete because he sucks at short distance sprints "

If bolt three peats at Rio in all three of his categories then I can see somewhat of an argument, but right now, as an overall athlete, I dont think so.
 5 years ago '11        #43
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
 Youngin19 said:
he's never won a gold medal in the 100m freestyle in the olympics, or in the 50m freestyle. Those are widely believed to be the fastest swim events. He's not a sprint swimmer which means he's not the fastest swimmer in the world so saying he's versatile is not really that true.
Haven't we established that Bolt wouldn't win the 50m sprint either? We saw that again today. He didn't get off to a good start.
 08-05-2012, 07:39 PM         #44
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 maxnn said:
Haven't we established that Bolt wouldn't win the 50m sprint either? We saw that again today. He didn't get off to a good start.
i don't think there is a 50m in track and field. There is a 60m but I don't think they have that at the olympics. Bolt would still win. I think he was overly cautious because he false started in a previous race.

Phelps still doesn't compete in the 100m freestyle...and why are there Medleys and sh*t? Backstroke? Butterfly? Why not just have events about who can swim the fastest? fu*k is the purpose of those other types of strokes? You can't run multiple ways.
 5 years ago '09        #45
RaIVIpAG3x 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,363 | Props total: 2729 2729
 TriniSoldier said:
aint you like 16? you gotta be to say some stupid sh*t like that

every one of those pre-final races that track players have to run in that just means advancing, would be a medal in terms of swimming. might as well have these n*ggas running backwards, sideways, galloping, hands flailing in the air and all types of other dumb sh*t for extra gold medal opportunities like the swimmers get. phelps is the goat swimmer, but definitely not the goat athlete.

[pic - click to view]

so who's the goat athlete tubby ?
 08-05-2012, 07:55 PM         #46
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RaIVIpAG3x said:

[pic - click to view]

Bolt is a better athlete than Phelps...there have been plenty of athletes who are better than him that competed at the olympics

I don't even understand how swimming is considered athletic or a sport...don't we live on land?

not to mention, everybody on the planet can run...not many people have access to a pool. No school I went to had a swim team. Phelps probably slow as a turtle on foot
 5 years ago '04        #48
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Youngin19 said:
i don't think there is a 50m in track and field. There is a 60m but I don't think they have that at the olympics. Bolt would still win. I think he was overly cautious because he false started in a previous race.

Phelps still doesn't compete in the 100m freestyle...and why are there Medleys and sh*t? Backstroke? Butterfly? Why not just have events about who can swim the fastest? fu*k is the purpose of those other types of strokes? You can't run multiple ways.
There are 50m just not at the olympics, but if so I think bolt would lose, he's just not phenomenal at starts period. Even before the whole false start DQ he got , he's always been known for mediocre starts. It's because of his long frame, but it's also the reason he's able to catch up so quickly after the first 50 due to those long strides. He's admitted it himself, and his coach told him not to focus on it.

and there are different events in swimming because different strokes exist. If there were more than one way to run believe me there would be events for it.

Why do you think there's a race walking event in 20 km and 50 km ???
 5 years ago '04        #49
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Youngin19 said:
Bolt is a better athlete than Phelps...there have been plenty of athletes who are better than him that competed at the olympics

I don't even understand how swimming is considered athletic or a sport...don't we live on land?

not to mention, everybody on the planet can run...not many people have access to a pool. No school I went to had a swim team. Phelps probably slow as a turtle on foot

Okay, now I know there's no point in trying to debate this with you.
 08-05-2012, 08:07 PM         #50
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
it's true though homie

swimming ain't really a sport to me
 5 years ago '05        #51
brickflippa 
space
space
$1,185 | Props total: 15 15
 psylence2k said:

70% of the earth is water...
 5 years ago '04        #52
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Youngin19 said:
it's true though homie

swimming ain't really a sport to me
explain to me logically why it shouldn't be considered a sport.
 08-05-2012, 08:21 PM         #53
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
explain to me logically why it shouldn't be considered a sport.
we don't live in water, we don't survive in water. water is not our natural habitat. Swimming is not really that useful. We use boats to cross big bodies of water. Earth may be 75% water but we're on land 99% of the time

Why do you think it should be considered a sport?
 08-05-2012, 08:23 PM         #54
Buttersrugby 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok wow.

What Phelps has done over 3 Olympics (and he could make it a 4th if he wanted), is basically dominate in everything except the 109 freestyle. Phelps is essentially winning the 200, 400, 800, and doing it in sprints and hurdles, as well as anchoring relays. Maybe you can relate to that better.

While you don't find swimming that 'athletic', his feat is incredible. Carl Lewis was equally amazing because he did sprints, and jumping events and had serious versatility (minus the Steroid issue ....).
 08-05-2012, 08:23 PM         #55
Buttersrugby 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Youngin19 said:
we don't live in water, we don't survive in water. water is not our natural habitat. Swimming is not really that useful. We use boats to cross big bodies of water. Earth may be 75% water but we're on land 99% of the time

So is basketball a sport because it's on land? Because nothing about basketball, football, soccer, hockey, baseball etc is really that 'natural'
 08-05-2012, 08:25 PM         #56
Buttersrugby 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Youngin19 said:

And you'd view water much differently if it was a way of life because you lived on a coast, or maybe an island where you were forced to swim/hunt in the water.
 08-05-2012, 08:28 PM         #57
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Buttersrugby said:
So is basketball a sport because it's on land? Because nothing about basketball, football, soccer, hockey, baseball etc is really that 'natural'
it involves running and jumping...things that are more natural for humans

things that every human does/can do

you can only win 1 medal for basketball though...why the hell can you win like 10 for swimming? that's fu*king ridiculous
 08-05-2012, 08:30 PM         #58
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Buttersrugby said:
And you'd view water much differently if it was a way of life because you lived on a coast, or maybe an island where you were forced to swim/hunt in the water.
who did that though? Most humans ate cattle or hunted on land

we use water to quench thirst...
 5 years ago '09        #59
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,168 | Props total: 22627 22627
 RaIVIpAG3x said:

[pic - click to view]

i wouldn't say he's a better athlete than deion sanders, bo, owens, karelin, jordan, a number of boxers, and other random athletes that I can't recall off the top of my head but don't feel like using google, a lot of people consider bolt to be one of the most freak athletes they've ever seen as well. He's the best swimmer of all time no doubt, but he's definitely not the best athlete of all time, and it's not a slight by any means to be the best your sport has to offer, fool.
 08-05-2012, 08:31 PM         #60
Buttersrugby 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You can win many for running as well. Should there just be a 100m and say eff the rest?

I think what you are missing is that swimming is quite natural. There is a reason people naturally settle near water (more near major bodies/sources of water than not). It's natural (10's of thousands of years) that people harnessed the water, and swimming went along with that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy