2Pac Tells "Dre, You Know You're Not Gonna Be Finished With Your Album No Time Soon" Circa '95...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
38 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #21
Fashion78 
space
space
space
$98 | Props total: 0 0
Bottom line, Dre is scared to fail. To not have this "Detox' album be a success (commercially and critically) would mean an end to his legacy almost --- the fear of failure at its best. Dre knows that Eminem, while he is still a good rapper, is no longer a great rapper. Snoop is declining by the minute, the dogg pound, Xzibit, Nate dogg (R.I.P.), ect.... all has been, or I'd say made his albums the classics that they were. Creatively, the all-star line-up that would normally carry Detox to success is no longer "star powered". 50 Cent is not really relevant enough to help, and Kendrick Lamar is good, but hes not mainstream enough to create enough buzz and interest. Dre's name and credibility is on the line with this detox album. Thats why he stalled once the two or three singles he did bring out (Kush & need a doctor) failed to create any real buzz... so now its "back to the lab" as Dre would say. Until he feels confident enough with his production and features, Detox will NEVER see the light of day.

5 years ago '05        #22
darquecinnamon 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$15,348 | Props total: 152 152
DETOX IS NEVER DROPPING!

n*gga has been getting every damned artist to say "Look out for detox!". It can not be this hard to drop a classic. There's virtually no competition.
 5 years ago '07        #23
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,955 | Props total: 5869 5869
 _Monk said:
no fu*king doubt! he was/is the great of all time... it amazes me all of the unreleased material he had simply because he was the co-star in 2 movies that came out after he died, he had 2 videos already done for his Makaveli album at the time All Eyez on Me was still new and having singles released (AEOM was released in Feb 96 and Pac died in Sept 96, Makaveli came out in Nov. 96), he had videos for All About U, I Ain't Mad At Cha and Made n*ggaz completed as well, you almost dont know when he found time to record cuz he was also out at Club 662 performing shows, on movie sets, and just constantly working.... dude must have slept in the recording studio, or never slept at all, for real.

people hate a lot on 2pac's unreleased material, but if it was released the way 2pac left it and not commercialized and overproduced by Afeni and all the people she hired, you would have a lot more classic albums... but if you can look past the poppy beats and the sh*t artists on some of the tracks and just listen to what 2pac was saying, it's still classic material..... Letter 2 My Unborn, Until The End of Time, Teardrops and Closed Caskets, Baby Don't Cry, Still I Rise, Mama's Just A Little Girl, When Thugz Cry (i can believe she had the audacity to remove 2pac's chorus), Happy Home... and sooooo much more, i could go on forever.... at least a lot of his unreleased material leaked before Afeni got her hands on it, but i would k!ll for an a boxset called "2pac: The Originals" with everything he left behind, exactly how he left it... of course remaster it and fix the quality, but otherwise, i dont care if it's like the original version of Pac's Life and it's just one verse and the songs over, i want everything the way he left it, id pay an arm and a leg for something like that... maybe someday Afeni will need to add another wing to her house and we'll get it.... i wish i had an address for her, id love to write her a letter explaining how important it is for Pac's die hard fans to hear his music the way he intended or left it.

if Pac was still alive today he'd probably have 30,000 unreleased songs and he'd probably have double the amount of albums out that Jay-Z has... the dude just had a brain unlike anyone in the world and i dont care what people say, the day he died still goes down as the worst moment in my life at this point.

you're saying 2pac still wasnt a millionaire? his album was number 1 when he was in prison (Me Against the World), he had already been in 3 movies and was working on 3 more in which he was the co-star and All Eyez On Me had gone 5 times platinum before he died... Pac was in prison and i dont blame him for signing the contract he signed, 3 album deal, sh*t, 2pac could write and record 3 albums in 3 weeks... and if you've seen the movie Tupac: Resurrection, they show you the contract 2pac signed, it really wasnt as bad as people make it seem, Pac was still a millionaire multiple times over.
Powerful post
 5 years ago '11        #24
Teknishen04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,364 | Props total: 236 236
Detox=Mayweather/Pacquiao
 08-05-2012, 04:11 PM         #25
Piccolo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
I remember there was a thread about a year ago with a youtube audio clip of a Pac interview with him talking about Dre's work ethic at death Row.

Pac was just like " He aint worked in years, he be taking three years to do one song, when I saw that shyt I told Suge this shyt got to stop " then he went on to say some more shyt about it like " I'm out in these streets every day whoopin n*ggaz a.sses and starting wars while this ni99a Dre spending all his time laid up eating pus*y and suckin dyck "

Pac was so ahead of his time

We need Pac back, dude wrote classic albums in 3 days and double albums in 14 days.

Dre can't even give us one dope single disc in almost 14 years.

5 years ago '07        #26
Avon_Barksdale 4343 heat pts4343 OP
space
space
$42,466 | Props total: 55966 55966
 S0uthernScience said:

[pic - click to view]

"Ed Lover wouldnt let me talk my shyt on that episode..." - 2Pac

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #27
THuG LYFe 198 heat pts198
space
space
$2,846 | Props total: 266 266
Shout out to faith.

Greatest ever. Nuff said
 5 years ago '11        #28
mrbelvy 
space
space
$687 | Props total: 0 0
That Beef is cooked.
 5 years ago '06        #29
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,048 | Props total: 18808 18808
he had everyone on the edge of their seat with Detox... then he tried to put out that fu*kin dud of a single with Em... sh*t was so horrible..
 08-05-2012, 04:50 PM         #30
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pac sussed Dre's personality and work ethic out within a short space of time of knowing him, he also predicted the future...

Pac was also mad cuz Dre was taking credit for Dj Quick and Daz work, he saw that sh*t and Pac was always giving everyone their credit and publishing, even when Suge was trying to fu*k producers/back up singers/writers over, Pac demanded credit was given..always a fair dude, unlike many rappers today who will jack ur sh*t and not give u anything..
 5 years ago '08        #31
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
"Dave Chappelle...that ain't ya wife"
 5 years ago '06        #32
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Are there really any people out there that are anticipating this album in any way? Even if it was good, people would just say (a) it's not good enough given the amount of time it was delayed or (b) it better be good if it took him this long.

It's a no win. Just cancel it and move on.
 5 years ago '09        #33
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
 _Monk said:

you're saying 2pac still wasnt a millionaire? his album was number 1 when he was in prison (Me Against the World), he had already been in 3 movies and was working on 3 more in which he was the co-star and All Eyez On Me had gone 5 times platinum before he died... Pac was in prison and i dont blame him for signing the contract he signed, 3 album deal, sh*t, 2pac could write and record 3 albums in 3 weeks... and if you've seen the movie Tupac: Resurrection, they show you the contract 2pac signed, it really wasnt as bad as people make it seem, Pac was still a millionaire multiple times over.
pac finances were pathetic as sh*t when he died, his mother even said that sh*t in the documentary and said death row was eating off of him and pac wasnt get paid right

face it, pac signed a slave deal with suge
 5 years ago '11        #34
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 FlippiN Oz's said:
California Love is such a timeless classic

That sh*t could drop on the radio right now and still be a #1 hit
 5 years ago '08        #35
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 722 722
 Dun Language said:
i dont know why ppl waiting on a album from a n*gga that cant even write a verse on his own

don't get me started on the ghost producing
 5 years ago '06        #36
Mike in Tampa 20 heat pts20
space
space
$12,929 | Props total: 2449 2449
 S0uthernScience said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #37
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,062 | Props total: 164 164
 FlippiN Oz's said:
California Love is such a timeless classic

That sh*t could drop on the radio right now and still be a #1 hit
All the time!! the track still a hit everywhere you go. Playing at radios, clubs, parties, git toghethers, and all universals!! Man, women, and child....
 5 years ago '09        #38
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,062 | Props total: 164 164
 _Monk said:
no fu*king doubt! he was/is the great of all time... it amazes me all of the unreleased material he had simply because he was the co-star in 2 movies that came out after he died, he had 2 videos already done for his Makaveli album at the time All Eyez on Me was still new and having singles released (AEOM was released in Feb 96 and Pac died in Sept 96, Makaveli came out in Nov. 96), he had videos for All About U, I Ain't Mad At Cha and Made n*ggaz completed as well, you almost dont know when he found time to record cuz he was also out at Club 662 performing shows, on movie sets, and just constantly working.... dude must have slept in the recording studio, or never slept at all, for real.

people hate a lot on 2pac's unreleased material, but if it was released the way 2pac left it and not commercialized and overproduced by Afeni and all the people she hired, you would have a lot more classic albums... but if you can look past the poppy beats and the sh*t artists on some of the tracks and just listen to what 2pac was saying, it's still classic material..... Letter 2 My Unborn, Until The End of Time, Teardrops and Closed Caskets, Baby Don't Cry, Still I Rise, Mama's Just A Little Girl, When Thugz Cry (i can believe she had the audacity to remove 2pac's chorus), Happy Home... and sooooo much more, i could go on forever.... at least a lot of his unreleased material leaked before Afeni got her hands on it, but i would k!ll for an a boxset called "2pac: The Originals" with everything he left behind, exactly how he left it... of course remaster it and fix the quality, but otherwise, i dont care if it's like the original version of Pac's Life and it's just one verse and the songs over, i want everything the way he left it, id pay an arm and a leg for something like that... maybe someday Afeni will need to add another wing to her house and we'll get it.... i wish i had an address for her, id love to write her a letter explaining how important it is for Pac's die hard fans to hear his music the way he intended or left it.

if Pac was still alive today he'd probably have 30,000 unreleased songs and he'd probably have double the amount of albums out that Jay-Z has... the dude just had a brain unlike anyone in the world and i dont care what people say, the day he died still goes down as the worst moment in my life at this point.

Very True 2 da bone right there Monk.....No Doubt!!!
 08-05-2012, 06:00 PM         #39
unknown mutant 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dr. Dre look like Bane in the California Love video
 5 years ago '11        #40
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,857 | Props total: 1454 1454
 darquecinnamon said:
DETOX IS NEVER DROPPING!

n*gga has been getting every damned artist to say "Look out for detox!". It can not be this hard to drop a classic. There's virtually no competition.
There is no competition it's just a bunch a new school n*ggas droppin mediocre albums.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
78 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
53 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
114 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
255 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago