UFC on FOX 4: Shogun vs Vera Official Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Your picks
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua 17 85.00%
Brandon Vera 3 15.00%
Lyoto Machida 19 95.00%
Ryan Bader 2 10.00%
Mike Swick 10 50.00%
DaMarques Johnson 6 30.00%
Jamie Varner 7 35.00%
Joe Lauzon 11 55.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #421
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,337 | Props total: 8505 8505
 Russ369 said:
Both guys finished... Both f!ghts were exciting... Sure Machida prolly did it more efficiently, but Bader sucks... I think in fairness it should be Machida vs. Shogun 3 for the #1 contender spot...
Same thing I was thinking all night... the rubber match would be dope

Gramz said:
I think the Vera that showed up tonight against Shogun would wreck Bader rather easily.
Yeah Bader easily looked like the worst f!ghter out of the 4
 5 years ago '06        #422
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,789 | Props total: 2310 2310
Machida had a nice win but he doesnt deserve a rematch with Jones. Shogun looked great in the 1st round but gassed after that and was still able to get the KO win, Id love to see him vs Gustaffson next. Right now there really isnt a clear #1 contender for LHW belt imo. UFC should put on Machida vs Gustaffson and Rashad vs Shogun or some mix of those 4.
 5 years ago '04        #423
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,771 | Props total: 1092 1092
People saying Machida is done? How? He lost a questionable at best decision to Rampage. Other than that his only losses was a one hitter quitter from Shogun and a loss to Bones Jones. Machida is easily the #2 LHW in the UFC.

He'd beat Evans (again), Shogun (again), Gustafsson and (maybe) Hendo. He just probably will never beat Jones and really is there anything bad about that?
 5 years ago '05        #424
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4759 4759
 Tikyle2 said:
People saying Machida is done? How? He lost a questionable at best decision to Rampage. Other than that his only losses was a one hitter quitter from Shogun and a loss to Bones Jones. Machida is easily the #2 LHW in the UFC.
i see 3 losses there and wins over Bader and Couture...Couture is retired and Bader just can't put it together and he also gave Tito his only win in 6 years...

I don't think anyone has earned a title shot...I feel Shogun and Machida should coach TUF 2:Brazil...and give the shot to Glover (if he beats Rampage) or Gustaffson if he gets by another name...
 5 years ago '09        #425
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261 OP
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
In a division that is so sparse for title competitors you have to give it to Machida. Shogun doesn't even want the title f!ght. Dana already confirmed it.

[video - click to view]

So you Shobum fans please stop trying to get this guy another title f!ght because he doesn't perform like he's ready for it. If Glover beats Rampage then by all means let him jump over Gustaffson. But right now the way I see the title contenders in LHW are

1) Lyoto
2) Glover (if he beats Rampage)
3) Gustaffson (if he gets another W over a top 10 dude. IMO let him f!ght Rashad)
4) Rashad (If he beats Gustaffson then he gets the title shot after Glover)

That's it. I don't see how anyone can argue it.
 5 years ago '07        #426
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,834 | Props total: 1998 1998
 Zaosyn said:
In a division that is so sparse for title competitors you have to give it to Machida. Shogun doesn't even want the title f!ght. Dana already confirmed it.

So you Shobum fans please stop trying to get this guy another title f!ght because he doesn't perform like he's ready for it. If Glover beats Rampage then by all means let him jump over Gustaffson. But right now the way I see the title contenders in LHW are

1) Lyoto
2) Glover (if he beats Rampage)
3) Gustaffson (if he gets another W over a top 10 dude. IMO let him f!ght Rashad)
4) Rashad (If he beats Gustaffson then he gets the title shot after Glover)

That's it. I don't see how anyone can argue it.
I understand the LHW is thin with contenders but I have a problem with giving a title shot to someone that has a below .500 record in their last 5 f!ghts but since Shogun and Machida are in this same boat they don't have a choice
 08-05-2012, 04:35 PM         #427
bedford1829 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Zaosyn said:
Shogun fans really wanna see him tap out to strikes again huh?

[pic - click to view]

Shogun isn't an elite f!ghter anymore nor a title contender ever again, in the same way that Rampage, Tito, Chuck and lil Nog isn't either. The sooner you fans stop being delusional and face reality the less it will hurt when you see..

This again

[pic - click to view]

And befor someone posts the Lyoto/Jones gif keep in mind Lyoto is still in his prime and that will never happen again. But you can expect Shobum to gas after 2 rounds in every f!ght and get lose to an elite f!ghter 9/10 times.

I wanna see the UFC cater to Shogun and book him in fun f!ghts. Shogun/Guffisteston - Shogun/Lil Nog 2 - Shogun/Rampage 2. Maybe move him to MW and let him finish his career there.

Listen I agree, Im a big Shogun guy; but I said before these f!ghts even happened that Machida would get the shot. Shogun's stock, as far as title f!ghts, has gone down way too much to justify him getting the title shot even with a win. He has had alot of great, memorable f!ghts but he's dropped 2 of his last 3 If I recall correctly. He's probably gotta at maybe a Gustaffson f!ght or a rematch with Hendo before he gets another shot at the strap.

But Shogun still gonna put on a show, I just cant see paying for him as a main event headliner anymore. He's still got great value on cards like this and as a co-main event.

He's just gotten to slow and takes too many huge strikes.

I was 6th row ringside in Trenton, when bones took the strap off of Shogun and I couldnt stomach watching Bones pick him apart from the outside again. Shogun just stood in front of Jones and took a thumping while Jones was in the cut picking him apart from 6 feet away.

At the end of the day, White needs to realize the value he has in some of these older marquee names...Guys like Rampage, Hendo, Mir, Griffin, Shogun, Nogeuira, etc. He can just match these guys up on undercards and know he's gonna get some entertaining brawls and avoid those flop PPV's like the Faber debacle.
 08-05-2012, 04:38 PM         #428
bedford1829 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Anahuac said:
If Gustaffson makes it out of the first alive, Shogun will get mopped.

When Hendo loses, he needs to rematch Shogun.
I dont know, as much as Gus is on the come up, he's still gotta prove he can do it against the likes of Shogun.

Gus should definetly look for a f!ght against Shogun and employ Jones' strategy against him. Its the type of f!ght Gus needs to show the fans and White that he's ready to take that next step (which I think he is, he's just lacks that marquee win to justify the title shot)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy