This NBC controversial commercial: just bad timing? (video)

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
61 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
120 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #41
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 602 602
Ouch... That's kinda bad.
 08-03-2012, 04:33 PM         #42
adamepbmx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 QB Eagles said:
If it doesnt apply, let it fly.

08-03-2012, 04:36 PM         #43
jay da 5-9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
They know when particular commercials are slotted, and what segments in sports they are going to report way before hand. It's not like they ran this 2 or 3 commercials after Gabby story.. They ran it IMMEDIATELY after it.
Idiot, how did they know who was going to win that event when they put the commercial in that slot? If a white athlete had won instead the same commercial would have aired at the same time. Would people be playing the race card then?
 5 years ago '10        #44
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,899 | Props total: 21182 21182
 TayTay1255 said:
dont kno y but this had me rollin
You know he's white right?
 5 years ago '10        #45
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
Women don't do rings in gymnastics. And that's a show they've been promoting for awhile. Meh.
 5 years ago '06        #46
Johnny Tapwater 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,559 | Props total: 2683 2683
planned..

...with a built in excuse.

They aint slick....

...sh|t is still alive, they just be concealing it..
 5 years ago '04        #47
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #48
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
 Darkpoet said:
So what about all the other "subliminal shots" NBC has taken at her by praising and building her reputation up as this teenage rock star?
Ok and? What choice does NBC have, they HAVE to talk about the 2x Gold Medalist and praise her. WHY? Because she represents the USA. So do you really think NBC praising her makes it ok to immediately air a commercial of a monkey doing the same event, after talking about an african american gymnast?

Thats like a mexican american winning a track race, and NBC praising him as one of the first to do this and that, then IMMEDIATELY cutting to a Nike commercial showing a mexican person on the track and his opponents are Boarder patrol officers... They know the world is watching, they know African Americans and being called a monkey is a sensitive subject. Yet you mean to tell me the VP's didn't think that "hmm maybe we shouldn't run that commercial immediately afterwards"

Bad timing? Playing the race card? No it was a subliminal shot of praising a black person on live air, but quickly have to knock them down in some fashion directly or subliminally as it always seems to happen.

Calm down. Ever think it was good timinig for them to promote their show? It did just happen after the gymnastic finals, which the commercial plays off of, and it was prime time for everyone to see. Nah. You have to play the race card,
The Olympics and that even was happening for 2 hours prior. Why couldn't it have just been aired during that time? Why did it have to be shown IMMEDIATELY after discussing the black gymnast. The COMMERCIAL itself is not an issue, it's the timing, and when they decided to show the commercial. I don't find it coincidental, I think it was done on purpose.

And sh*t like this will always be tolerated, why? Because fu*kers like you will always make excuses for it, and the black community will always be ignored and looked upon as "complaining"..

Yet the sh*t continues to happen.
 5 years ago '12        #49
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
 all3rd said:

[pic - click to view]

You really think Pro Obama NBC did that on purpose.
This guy is saying, NBC is for pro African American president, they wouldn't put a racist message out there knowingly.
 5 years ago '05        #50
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
 jay da 5-9 said:
Idiot, how did they know who was going to win that event when they put the commercial in that slot? If a white athlete had won instead the same commercial would have aired at the same time. Would people be playing the race card then?
So you telling me that 1 hour prior NBC couldn't switch the slot quickly? They had no idea what was going to be ran prior? Of course they'll come out and say they had no idea(because thats the easy way out), but theres a control room that edits things all the time, and they had PLENTY of time to rearrange the commercial after she won the gold..

You're sitting here acting like this happened 15min after she won.. When she won the gold more than a hour before the commercial aired.

White folks will make all sorts of excuses for fu*kery..
 5 years ago '05        #51
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206

off yourself
 5 years ago '09        #52
TroyNY 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,039 | Props total: 2934 2934
 sho 2010 said:
It's the illuminati
Shut up ******
 5 years ago '06        #53
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,721 | Props total: 1787 1787
This doesn't bother me
 08-03-2012, 05:18 PM         #54
p imperial 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol yall really believe that a major television network would purposefully risk a firestorm of controversy (and possible litigation if a disgruntled intern ever decided to release private memos)?

For what? so some programming director can sit back and say "haha! take that you dirty monkeys"

the only color that matters is green. Racism is corporate taboo because its bad PR and bad PR means advertisers cut funding, shareholders suffer and people get fired. No white person is gonna risk their job, advertising $$ and a media sh*tstorm just so they can have a little inside monkey joke...lmao I cant believe yall seriously believe this sh*t

yall writing essays about this sh*t but I bet you've never written this much about the state of school funding or city infrastructure in black neighbourhoods or any other REAL issue relating to social inequality or race
 5 years ago '05        #55
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
You guys do know NBC doesn't pick what ads are played when, the time slots are bought by the media buyers for the company running the ad right? The first spot and the last spot in a commercial batch are always sought after the most by companies because of the invention of the pvr.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #56
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that sh*t is hilarious
 5 years ago '06        #57
TayTay1255 
space
space
$650 | Props total: 0 0
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
You know he's white right?
I do. It was still funny. And I am seeing some coonery in here so I can't get mad at the truth cause it came from a racist.
 Hold That said:
So you telling me that 1 hour prior NBC couldn't switch the slot quickly? They had no idea what was going to be ran prior? Of course they'll come out and say they had no idea(because thats the easy way out), but theres a control room that edits things all the time, and they had PLENTY of time to rearrange the commercial after she won the gold..

You're sitting here acting like this happened 15min after she won.. When she won the gold more than a hour before the commercial aired.

White folks will make all sorts of excuses for fu*kery..
So had any other athlete won they could've kept the commercial but you think they should've moved it solely because she won? Which one of these scenarios sounds racist to you?
a)slotting a commercial about a show and airing it during primetime after an event that the show relates to
b)slotting a commercial about a show and airing it during primetime after an event that the show relates to, but changing the order at the last min cause a black girl won

Y'all trippin. Wanting special treatment bout non issues. OP and the rest of you only ones who compared her to a monkey. That's the first thing that should come to the mind of a racist watching that. You need to get ur sh*t together not nbc, in this instance.

Last edited by TayTay1255; 08-03-2012 at 05:31 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #58
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,492 | Props total: 2728 2728
i m probably going to be mad later but for now

5 years ago '07        #59
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 DoMieD said:
Dumbass coons always looking to make bullsh*t excuses and reasons to blame everything and everyone of being racist

That's hardly racist. Nor was it planned.
 5 years ago '04        #60
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,891 | Props total: 2952 2952
 gimmethat said:
i m probably going to be mad later but for now

exactly
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
106 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
68 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
144 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy