Freeway Ricky Ross ordered to pay 500K for Rozay legal fees

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #121
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,836 | Props total: 4815 4815
 Graftedgenes said:
Kill that corny sh*t.

You geeks didnt even know who Freeway Rick was and if you were indeed stupid enough to think Freeway Rick from the 80's moved to Miami and became a rapper then you need to k!ll yourself ASAP.

Isaac Hayes & Suge Knight had a bald head w/ beard just like the rapper Freeway does and it ain't because they stole Freeway Ricks image.
who tha fu*k yo goofy a.ss callin a geek lol.only dude doin geek sh*t is william roberts.geek sh*t is takin a n*gga name and actin like u aint do it.but i guess u 1 of them dudes who thinks ross made 10 mil off cocaine

this is y most people dont respect southerners intelligence.did either isaac or suge also go by tha name of rick ross to make money?damn dumb fu*ks
 08-03-2012, 11:25 AM         #122
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dice said:

This n*gga must feel like a kid in school who got bullied on and instead of the bully getting detention, he did.

Freeway Lawse! Ughh!
Your hero is not a man.......he is a coward and a herb.......you look up to a bi*ch a.ss n*gga........but for some reason that doesn't matter huh?
 08-03-2012, 11:35 AM         #123
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
who tha fu*k yo goofy a.ss callin a geek lol.only dude doin geek sh*t is william roberts.geek sh*t is takin a n*gga name and actin like u aint do it.but i guess u 1 of them dudes who thinks ross made 10 mil off cocaine

this is y most people dont respect southerners intelligence.did either isaac or suge also go by tha name of rick ross to make money?damn dumb fu*ks
I'm goofy but you inserting cute little smiley-face icons into a conversation with another man?

I'm not stupid enough to believe anything these rappers say in their rhymes because if any of the sh*t was true they would all be indicted and in prison.

I could take your name tomorrow and ain't sh*t you can do about it but bi*ch and moan and when you run to them white folks court system to try to get my money I'm going to act like I never heard of ya and make you bi*ch and moan even louder.

Maybe dumb fu*ks buy music based on a rappers name and looks but us normal people buy the music because of the way it sounds.
 5 years ago '12        #124
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,448 | Props total: 971 971
 the synthesis said:
Freeway ain't got 500k lol

I have a feeling someone gonna end up catchin a body....Rozay need to stay outta Cali and Detroit, i know a lot of people mad as fu*k

Mo Money Mo Problems...as Biggy once said
not sure if serious……
 5 years ago '12        #125
44wade 289 heat pts289 OP
space
space
space
$24,113 | Props total: 11377 11377
 Graftedgenes said:
I know you from Florida or been there or lived there and got people from there:

What's the deal with these outsiders acting like Freeway Rick had a "persona" that somebody from 90's Miami would need to steal? All you got is the name and a beard because none of the rhymes involve selling CIA drugs to L.A gang members in the 80's

Do these people outside the loop even know who Kenny "Black" Williams and the so-called Boobie Boys are? And why is this non-music related topic so popular with these people?

Sometimes I think the only people who make sense are the ones that's Miami grown or got a Miami connections.

typin this from downtown Miami right nah. Born and raised in Palm Beach County, and been in Miami for the last 8.

Why he used that name, who knows, but he definitely aint rapping about Freeways life.

And agreed, these people have no clue, who Kenny Williams is, even though, thats who Ross references in his lines.
 5 years ago '07        #126
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:
I'm goofy but you inserting cute little smiley-face icons into a conversation with another man?

I'm not stupid enough to believe anything these rappers say in their rhymes because if any of the sh*t was true they would all be indicted and in prison.

I could take your name tomorrow and ain't sh*t you can do about it but bi*ch and moan and when you run to them white folks court system to try to get my money I'm going to act like I never heard of ya and make you bi*ch and moan even louder.

Maybe dumb fu*ks buy music based on a rappers name and looks but us normal people buy the music because of the way it sounds.
yeah u a goof if u defendin officer rick.thats some beyond geek sh*t.
but u stupid enough to belive that william aint take ricks identity

and u just confirmin your geekness lol

so if ross was a homo u wouldnt have no problem buyin his music cause it sounds good.sure buddy
 5 years ago '07        #127
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 44wade said:
typin this from downtown Miami right nah. Born and raised in Palm Beach County, and been in Miami for the last 8.

Why he used that name, who knows, but he definitely aint rapping about Freeways life.

And agreed, these people have no clue, who Kenny Williams is, even though, thats who Ross references in his lines.
so why didnt ross take kenny williams name?

i mean for tha record,ive met ross,and i actually like him,1 of tha most generous dudes i metbut son is off his rocker.but u need your head examined if u think he aint take freeways name
 5 years ago '12        #128
space
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:

Ouch. That ether though.
 5 years ago '12        #129
space
space
space
 r.burgundy said:

i mean for tha record,ive met ross,and i actually like him,1 of tha most generous dudes i metbut son is off his rocker.but u need your head examined if u think he aint take freeways name
i wrote above, that Ross took the mans name, I dont think that is arguable.

My argument is that he is not portraying Freeways image, and that Freeway does not deserve money or anything from Rick Ross' success.

The rapper obviously doesnt think the name had something to do with his success, or else this dude, who by all accounts, is a pretty good guy, would break dude off. Something went wrong somewhere, only they know what.

As far as not taking someone locals name, well the only thing I can think of is that he didnt know Freeway, and the guy was 3000 miles away, Kenny he did know, and he was a couple miles away.
 08-03-2012, 11:53 AM         #130
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
yeah u a goof if u defendin officer rick.thats some beyond geek sh*t.
but u stupid enough to belive that william aint take ricks identity

and u just confirmin your geekness lol

so if ross was a homo u wouldnt have no problem buyin his music cause it sounds good.sure buddy
you using 50-Cent phrases like "Officer Ricky", and you calling me a geek?

Who the fu*k needs Freeway Ricks identity when you got Kenny Williams and Boobie Boys all in your rhymes and your videos? Are you people honestly this ignorant?

Rozay fu*ked up by picking the stage-name of a snitch, he should just use Rozay unless he want to use another drug-dealing snitch name like Nicky Barnes or Frank Lucas and get sued.

The streets got a code about snitching and Freeway Rick snitched to get a reduced sentence and got out in 14 years while dudes like Meech is doing a 30 piece with no get back so I have no remorse for him....a snitch has no rights that the streets are obligated to respect.
 5 years ago '07        #131
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 44wade said:
i wrote above, that Ross took the mans name, I dont think that is arguable.

My argument is that he is not portraying Freeways image, and that Freeway does not deserve money or anything from Rick Ross' success.

The rapper obviously doesnt think the name had something to do with his success, or else this dude, who by all accounts, is a pretty good guy, would break dude off. Something went wrong somewhere, only they know what.

As far as not taking someone locals name, well the only thing I can think of is that he didnt know Freeway, and the guy was 3000 miles away, Kenny he did know, and he was a couple miles away.
what i really think happned was freeway rick tried to get some money outta ross.amount was probly ridiculous,and freeway ended up tryin to get tha money from suing.

well,he didnt take a local cause he knew there would hav to be some type of consequence or conflict.and now its conflict wit dude who name he took
 08-03-2012, 12:02 PM         #132
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:

The same reason why Tupac used Makavelli instead of Huey P.

Aint it crazy how Beanie Sigel, Daz Dillinger, Yo Gotti, Kurrupt-Yong-Gotti, Irv Gotti, Kastro, Capone, Gotti, Mussolini, Makavelli, Napoleon, Daz Dillinger, Nitti, and all these other Negros name themselves after white gangsters but aint gotta worry about a lawsuit

Just goes to show that we got misplaced values and glorify criminals more than we do the warriors in our own culture.

If ai had to pick a stage name it would be H-Rap or Dessalines.
 5 years ago '06        #133
itzadirtyworld 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,541 | Props total: 972 972
It young juuuu man KINGPIN status bitttch Young Juuu Man KINGPiN status biiittttchhhh

5 years ago '12        #134
space
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
what i really think happned was freeway rick tried to get some money outta ross.amount was probly ridiculous,and freeway ended up tryin to get tha money from suing.

well,he didnt take a local cause he knew there would hav to be some type of consequence or conflict.and now its conflict wit dude who name he took
yeah, probably along those lines. Rick Ross aint retarded, so when he started acting brand new, its because he didnt wanna deal with it at all. Freeway came up wanting percentages and sh*t probably, or the flat 10.

Takin a local dudes name is lame to me, if they still around, like black was when Ross chose the name Rick Ross .

Should just be called Rozay, and call it a day.
 5 years ago '07        #135
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:
The same reason why Tupac used Makavelli instead of Huey P.

Aint it crazy how Beanie Sigel, Daz Dillinger, Yo Gotti, Kurrupt-Yong-Gotti, Irv Gotti, Kastro, Capone, Gotti, Mussolini, Makavelli, Napoleon, Daz Dillinger, Nitti, and all these other Negros name themselves after white gangsters but aint gotta worry about a lawsuit

Just goes to show that we got misplaced values and glorify criminals more than we do the warriors in our own culture.

If ai had to pick a stage name it would be H-Rap or Dessalines.
maybe they didnt face no lawsuits cause all them dudes are dead

i dont neva agree wit gettin tha law especially on my own people,but we do each otha fu*ked up.i dont agree wit what freeway is doin but he has a point when he said "ross just paid his white lawyers 1 million,when we coulda sat down as black men and worked somethin out"

i think ross shoulda gave him 500k and called it a day
 5 years ago '07        #136
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 44wade said:
yeah, probably along those lines. Rick Ross aint retarded, so when he started acting brand new, its because he didnt wanna deal with it at all. Freeway came up wanting percentages and sh*t probably, or the flat 10.

Takin a local dudes name is lame to me, if they still around, like black was when Ross chose the name Rick Ross .

Should just be called Rozay, and call it a day.
if thats lame,then so should takin a non-local dudes name.especially a dude who is still alive comin home from prison.u kno he gonna want some bread
 08-03-2012, 12:17 PM         #137
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Did the old guy acquire or register a trademark for the name? If not, GTFOH. The same people who financed his drug distribution, finance Rick Ross. He ain't getting sh*t and aint touching the fat dude.

Last edited by ahenson; 08-03-2012 at 12:20 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #138
space
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
if thats lame,then so should takin a non-local dudes name.especially a dude who is still alive comin home from prison.u kno he gonna want some bread
dude was suppose to be in jail forever, with them crimes.

Its no more lame than all the other rappers who get their name from someone else.

I dont see it as being as lame because Freeway is an iconic figure almost, like Escobar, or a Noriega.

Rick Ross had bad luck that Freeway turned states witness, and got out early.

Whatever, you have your point of view, I got mine.

Also, Ross does reference local people and his song John Doe is about a local crew form down here.
 5 years ago '12        #139
space
space
space
 ahenson said:
Did the old guy acquire or register a trademark for the name? If not, GTFOH. The same people who financed his drug distribution, finance Rick Ross. He ain't getting sh*t and aint touching the fat dude.
no trademark, and law says you cannot profit off your crimes.

Freeway Ricky Ross is only a known entity from crime, therefore, he cannot claim infringement on his persona.

Whether you agree about it on street level, truth is, Freeway really has no case at all.
 08-03-2012, 12:28 PM         #140
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
dude was suppose to be in jail forever, with them crimes.

Its no more lame than all the other rappers who get their name from someone else.

I dont see it as being as lame because Freeway is an iconic figure almost, like Escobar, or a Noriega.

Rick Ross had bad luck that Freeway turned states witness, and got out early.

Whatever, you have your point of view, I got mine.

Also, Ross does reference local people and his song John Doe is about a local crew form down here.

The worst mistake Rozay ever made in his career was using that raggedy name, he should have stuck with Teflon tha Don. You might as well use Sammy the Bull or Alpo if you gonna use Freeway Rick. SMH.

Ross should have never used a snitches name, Freeway Rick is the west-coast version of Nicky Barnes.*

I'm glad the Coke/Mafioso era is dying because I was tired of rappers adopting names from racist white gagsters or Italian mobsters:

Capone
Kapone
Beanie Sigel
Yo Gotti
Dutch
Irv Gotti
Kurrupt Young Gotti
Daz Dillinger
Gillie da Kid
Wu Gambinos
Luni Corleone
Kool "Giancana" Rap
Myalansky
Butch Cassidy
Sheek Louch
Ty Nitty
Styles Pinero
Mussolini*
Napoleon
The Notrious "Frank White"*

Then you got:

Scarface
French Montana
Noriega
Tragedy Khadafi
Yaki Khadafi
Makaveli
Nas Escobar
Castro
Idi Amin

Then you got Jim Jones named after a cult leader who massacred Black people?

The real A.Z. was a hustler from Harlem
The real 50-Cent was a stick-up kid from Brooklyn

^^^At least use a black criminal for your stage-name.

Thankfully in 2012 we have Kendrick Lamar :) !
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago