Freeway Ricky Ross ordered to pay 500K for Rozay legal fees

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
164 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #101
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,095 | Props total: 3921 3921
i'll do it if you got me some smokes .. I know the freeway real well
 5 years ago '04        #102
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,457 | Props total: 1447 1447
 1994Nuisance said:
How come it aint no real gangsters in the south. They may not color bang but theres gangsters everywhere
that and not to mention gangs main goal are to spread influence.
 08-03-2012, 09:04 AM         #103
Mwana Ya Lola 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rdrake said:
Damn took his name and his money....cold blooded
He's a BAWSE you know...
 5 years ago '12        #104
44wade 289 heat pts289 OP
space
space
space
$24,161 | Props total: 11441 11441
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
70's? ok you have no idea whats going on. crack was in the late 80's son. and when i interviewed him, he was very nice and basically all he wants is dude to change his name. he said he was more upset about the fact that he profited off of the perception of many that rozay was the real rick ross. Ricky could have taken many different roads to achieve his goal, but he chose the legit legal system, and for that, yall must give him his props. he coulda took william out a looooong time ago and called it a day, he has been professional, orderly, and done more than most to f!ght for his name. how would you like it if someone profited from your past that had to pay for in over 15+ years of time?

the only thing he had coming back into society was his name's rep. and rozay definitely k!lled ross's idea of rebuilding his name. Ross wanted to build a community center, he has a very good group of artists on his label, and moreover he actually cares about the direction communities are going.

now im not gonna attack roberts charitable gestures, ima just say i know the intentions of the real Freeway Ricky Ross.

and btw above quote, the government will be fair, because they gonna get tax money regardless.

Cool story.

The rapper profited off his songs, not because people thought he was Freeway Ricky Ross, no one I knew listened to Ross because of his name. To think the name and ??beard??? helped in his success as a rapper is fu*king ridiculous.

Also, its ridiculous to think that old school dope dealers, even those as successful as Freeway was, come out with a ready made army, and he can take out anybody he wants. This is the real world, sh*t doesnt work like that. He gets respect as an OG, and because he knows how to navigate in that world, but to think he can still call shots, moreso than anybody else, I think is fantasy. $$$ talks. Also to think "shot callers" want this dude around them is crazy, Freeway is in front of anybody who give him an interview, and then going public with private convo's? Ill let you tell it.

The real issue is the man, wants to be famous, and he wants the spotlight, for being an ex Big time dope dealer. He could do any charitable sh*t he wants to, and no one would ever mistake the two, but he wants a showbiz job, and a record label.
 08-03-2012, 09:43 AM         #105
Ya'll Fags 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J-Dogg said:
Honestly, while Freeway Rick does have a point, what did he expect? Do you really think the US government cares if some rapper uses the name of a convicted drug dealer from the '70s? Let's look at this in the grand scheme of things. If the government knows that someone who is making 5-6 million dollars a year is being challenged in court on something, while it may mean everything to Freeway Rick, they're not going to rule in favor of the plaintiff.

Why would the US government rule against Ross, which would more or less be taking millions out of their own pocket (2-3 million a year from taxes). This is just a matter of dollars and sense, the US court system is not the place to go settle street credibility beefs. Now, if Ross ends up getting hurt behind this, what good does that do? Freeway Rick would be the first person hauled in for questioning and the Feds would be on the case that instant. It's much easier for them to let Ross' career run its course, rather than slap an injunction on him and k!ll their own golden goose.
70's huh? Lol you shouldn't have typed so much while knowing so little
 5 years ago '12        #106
space
space
space
Freeway Rick Ross · Owner/Founder at Freeway Enterprise Inc · 1,894 subscribers
Were in a great position, were about to go to trial against Warner Bros. Well Depose WB President and Sean Combs, and make them recognize you cant just take intellectual property. Recouping 800 out the door on a non-album related expense on Gold sales numbers is hard. So here we are instead of him coming to me as a man and us sitting down as two black men. He ends up getting these lawyers 1.3 mill. Here's an artist that hasn't went platinum giving his attorneys more than me. We should have talked a long time ago man to man.

^^^^ From Freeways facebook a couple minutes ago(sh*t came up on twitter, was not looking for it)
 5 years ago '07        #107
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 44wade said:
Cool story.

The rapper profited off his songs, not because people thought he was Freeway Ricky Ross, no one I knew listened to Ross because of his name. To think the name and ??beard??? helped in his success as a rapper is fu*king ridiculous.

Also, its ridiculous to think that old school dope dealers, even those as successful as Freeway was, come out with a ready made army, and he can take out anybody he wants. This is the real world, sh*t doesnt work like that. He gets respect as an OG, and because he knows how to navigate in that world, but to think he can still call shots, moreso than anybody else, I think is fantasy. $$$ talks. Also to think "shot callers" want this dude around them is crazy, Freeway is in front of anybody who give him an interview, and then going public with private convo's? Ill let you tell it.

The real issue is the man,
wants to be famous, and he wants the spotlight, for being an ex Big time dope dealer. He could do any charitable sh*t he wants to, and no one would ever mistake the two, but he wants a showbiz job, and a record label.
u dont think a name plays a big part in your success?

tha real issuse is somebody stole his name and image,and then tried to act like dude didnt exist.some real life cb4 sh*t
 5 years ago '12        #108
Just BizNis 63 heat pts63
space
space
$12,912 | Props total: 2045 2045
 tupacnasfan said:
Yeah and that so-called real rick ross is no better, he ruined america with crack and stuff and people are praising him?

What a joke.

I Could care less about the two rosses, they are both a disgrace to humanity.
Are you seriously blaming a single man for "ruining america" with crack? You do know the CIA has used hundreds if not thousands of Black men to push illegal substances on the minority population, right? How the fvck did one man ruin america with crack? If you can't tell that the people in power have no love for minorities (blacks especially), then you're living in a fairytale version of america. This country's elite doesn't give 2 sh*ts about you or me or our communities. Time to shed the wool son. Stop being a sheep.

Also, the expression is "I could't care less." Not "I could care less." Just thought I'd let you know
 5 years ago '04        #109
Lawgic 
space
space
$3,389 | Props total: 73 73
 Ez the Don said:
Are you seriously blaming a single man for "ruining america" with crack? You do know the CIA has used hundreds if not thousands of Black men to push illegal substances on the minority population, right? How the fvck did one man ruin america with crack? If you can't tell that the people in power have no love for minorities (blacks especially), then you're living in a fairytale version of america. This country's elite doesn't give 2 sh*ts about you or me or our communities. Time to shed the wool son. Stop being a sheep.

Also, the expression is "I could't care less." Not "I could care less." Just thought I'd let you know
hahaa evverrrryboooddyy fu*ks that saying up...i remember i corrected this one chick on her bbm status and she was like "huh are you sure?" lol
 5 years ago '12        #110
space
space
space
 r.burgundy said:

tha real issuse is somebody stole his name and image,and then tried to act like dude didnt exist.some real life cb4 sh*t
you for real think a name does help?

Maybe a name change like Tity boi to 2 chainz, but come on names like ice t, ice cube, kool moe dee, lil wayne etc... arent exactly make or break, imo.

and no that is not the real issue, the real issue is that this dude is trying to take money for some sh*t, he played no part in.

If I said it once, Ill say it again, Hustlin made Rick Ross famous, whatever he wanted to call himself when he came out with that song, is what would have been famous.
 5 years ago '07        #111
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 44wade said:
you for real think a name does help?

Maybe a name change like Tity boi to 2 chainz, but come on names like ice t, ice cube, kool moe dee, lil wayne etc... arent exactly make or break, imo.

and no that is not the real issue, the real issue is that this dude is trying to take money for some sh*t, he played no part in.

If I said it once, Ill say it again, Hustlin made Rick Ross famous, whatever he wanted to call himself when he came out with that song, is what would have been famous.
absolutely.nobody eva really talks or thinks about it but,outside of a select few,rappers that hav been tha most succesful are usually tha 1's wit realistic names.

he played a big part.we all kno ross wasnt no cocaine kingpin.thats freeways image and likeness.

mighta had 1 hit,but if he had tha name bowling ball,then his career woulda been down.how much success do u think guys name torch,gunplay,can actually have.can u hear yaself sayin outloud "im bout to cop that new gunplay album" it would sound silly lol
 5 years ago '12        #112
space
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
absolutely.nobody eva really talks or thinks about it but,outside of a select few,rappers that hav been tha most succesful are usually tha 1's wit realistic names.

he played a big part.we all kno ross wasnt no cocaine kingpin.thats freeways image and likeness.

mighta had 1 hit,but if he had tha name bowling ball,then his career woulda been down.how much success do u think guys name torch,gunplay,can actually have.can u hear yaself sayin outloud "im bout to cop that new gunplay album" it would sound silly lol
Fair pints.

But i did name some outlandish names that were successful. Ice Cube? Ice T?

And its hard for me to say he took Freeways image, knowing where he is from, and from him saying who he grew up around. Miami was/is the capital of cocaine for years, rapping about dope and kingpin sh*t is not uncommon. The name, is obvious of course, he took the guys name, but I dont think he raps in the image of Freeway.

His friends were part of a 100 million dollar empire, he is rapping from that perspective. They were charged with at least 35 murders, and linked to over 100. Thats the backdrop for his raps, not Freeway.
 08-03-2012, 11:04 AM         #113
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:

k!ll that corny sh*t.

You geeks didnt even know who Freeway Rick was and if you were indeed stupid enough to think Freeway Rick from the 80's moved to Miami and became a rapper then you need to k!ll yourself ASAP.

Isaac Hayes & Suge Knight had a bald head w/ beard just like the rapper Freeway does and it ain't because they stole Freeway Ricks image.
 5 years ago '11        #114
KingP1n 342 heat pts342
space
space
$7,953 | Props total: 3776 3776
 Andrefrbk said:
NOOOOOOOO are you serious... Rick Ross stole this man's persona, used it to make MILLIONS. Then after he won the law suit, he is going to take 500k for court fee's...

Justice....

Nah LOL!

Freeway gotta be asking himself rite now...
"Pay 500k, ooooooor pay 20k to the Haitian mafia get this n*gga off the earth..."
"decisions decisions..."

[pic - click to view]

Not sure if the judge got paid off, but lets keep it real if justice prevailed freeway would have got what he deserved...

Cuz look

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

before stealing the real rick ross identity he was

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Zoe Pound aint gonna wipe him out.
Zoe Pound fu*ks with Ross...they also fu*ks with 50 they tried to stay neutral.

If anybodys gonna touch Ross its LA n*ggas.
 08-03-2012, 11:08 AM         #115
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:

What the hell is a "Kingpin"? Are you referring to Raekwon on OB4CL or
Nas Escobar on The Firm....the actual rappers themselves don't even use those corny terms.

Why don't you people just say "D-boy" like us normal people do instead of sounding like college professors doing a lecture at an Ivy legue university.
 08-03-2012, 11:15 AM         #116
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unknown mutant said:
Judge definitely just said to Freeway Rick: "Where yo seabass?"
to my enemys fu*k'em; they allready know, but fu*k'em!!!!!!
 5 years ago '09        #117
Dice 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 187 187

This n*gga must feel like a kid in school who got bullied on and instead of the bully getting detention, he did.

Freeway Lawse! Ughh!
 08-03-2012, 11:19 AM         #118
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
Fair pints.

But i did name some outlandish names that were successful. Ice Cube? Ice T?

And its hard for me to say he took Freeways image, knowing where he is from, and from him saying who he grew up around. Miami was/is the capital of cocaine for years, rapping about dope and kingpin sh*t is not uncommon. The name, is obvious of course, he took the guys name, but I dont think he raps in the image of Freeway.

His friends were part of a 100 million dollar empire, he is rapping from that perspective. They were charged with at least 35 murders, and linked to over 100. Thats the backdrop for his raps, not Freeway.

I know you from Florida or been there or lived there and got people from there:

What's the deal with these outsiders acting like Freeway Rick had a "persona" that somebody from 90's Miami would need to steal? All you got is the name and a beard because none of the rhymes involve selling CIA drugs to L.A gang members in the 80's

Do these people outside the loop even know who Kenny "Black" Williams and the so-called Boobie Boys are? And why is this non-music related topic so popular with these people?

Sometimes I think the only people who make sense are the ones that's Miami grown or got a Miami connections.
 5 years ago '07        #119
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:
What the hell is a "Kingpin"? Are you referring to Raekwon on OB4CL or
Nas Escobar on The Firm....the actual rappers themselves don't even use those corny terms.

Why don't you people just say "D-boy" like us normal people do instead of sounding like college professors doing a lecture at an Ivy legue university.
say what lol?if u neva heard a rapper say kingpin u aint heard enough rap

d-boy could be some bum a.ss n*gga slingin nicks on a corner.lil dudes get dboy status
 5 years ago '07        #120
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:
I know you from Florida or been there or lived there and got people from there:

What's the deal with these outsiders acting like Freeway Rick had a "persona" that somebody from 90's Miami would need to steal? All you got is the name and a beard because none of the rhymes involve selling CIA drugs to L.A gang members in the 80's

Do these people outside the loop even know who Kenny "Black" Williams and the so-called Boobie Boys are? And why is this non-music related topic so popular with these people?

Sometimes I think the only people who make sense are the ones that's Miami grown or got a Miami connections.
so y didnt he name himself after 1 of those n*ggas?
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
44 comments
1 day ago