Aug 2 - Chick-fil-A supporters turn out in droves for ‘Appreciation Day’

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
139 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
192 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
235 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
5875 pageviews
146 comments

TWINSFAN 37 heat pts37
space
space
$2,952 | Props total: 0 0
Aug 2 - Chick-fil-A supporters turn out in droves for ‘Appreciation Day’

[pic - click to view]

After several weeks of protests and mayoral catcalls stemming from Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy's controversial public comments against same-s3x marriage, supporters of the fast-food chain--and traditional marriage--turned out in droves on Wednesday, jamming many of Chick-fil-A's 1,600 U.S. stores. And protesters, for the most part, stayed away.
In Englewood, Colo., an overcapacity lunch crowd spilled into the Chick-fil-A parking lot while dozens queued up inside.
By 11 a.m., 14 cars filled the drive-thru lane. A half hour later, the back-up had tripled: At one point, 37 vehicles slowly pushed through the parking lot in serpentine fashion, transforming the lot into a makeshift drive-thru. Three employees clad in neon-green parking vests directed traffic and took orders.
"As far as Chick-fil-A is concerned, it's business as usual," Vicki Getz, a supervising employee, told Yahoo News, declining further comment.
[Related: John Goodman weighs in on Chick-fil-A controversy—as Colonel Sanders]
At a table outside, Evelyn Walker, 26, and her husband, Tim, 27, ate spicy chicken sandwiches and waffle fries in support of former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee's "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day."
"Every company and owners have a right to say what they want to say," Tim Walker said. "Chick-fil-A has always been known to have a Christian basis, so I guess it's nice to see them stand up and show that--in more than just not being open on Sundays."
The couple, who live in nearby Littleton, said they don't eat fast food often, but supporting the chain was part and parcel to their faith.
"We believe that scripturally, in the Bible, the Lord states that marriage is between a man and a woman," Evelyn said. "And marriage between two women together, two men together is detestable to him."
More than 500,000 people RSVP'd to Huckabee's event on Facebook.

or those like John Mohler, 50, of Thornton, Colo., eating at Chick-fil-A on Wednesday was about defending free speech. Mohler said he doesn't share Cathy's belief--only his rights to air them.
"I'm not sure I agree with his position on gay marriage," said Mohler, who drove to Englewood from downtown Denver on his lunch break. "But I applaud the owner for speaking his mind, and that's why I'm here."
In Chicago, throngs of supporters flocked to the lone Chick-fil-A, where the line of customers snekkid through the entrance and around the corner.
Linda Madden, 45, said that, though she and her co-workers regularly eat at Chick-fil-A, they "specifically chose Wednesday to drum up support." Steve Lolufs, 32, said he supports the company because "they always give back." Lolufs, originally from Atlanta, said that Chick-fil-A paid for him to attend high school, building a private school and offering scholarships.

Further up the line, Jessica Cather, 29, Dana Haskins, 42, and Sarah Touhy, 43, all stressed that though they support same-s3x marriage, they also support the right to believe what anyone wants to believe.
"We support tolerance on both sides," Haskins said.
"Just because they don't support gay marriage, it doesn't make them a bad company," Touhy said.
Another patron solicited donations to buy lunch for Alderman Joe Moreno, who made headlines last month for opposing a Chick-fil-A in his ward.
Linda Smith, 54, didn't have time for the line. Instead, she gave someone else in line her money to spend to show her support. Smith said, "It doesn't matter what the president of the company's views are, as long as they don't discriminate in hiring," Smith said.

[pic - click to view]

While there were no protestors, some supporters couldn't get away from work long enough to buy their meals. Deborah Irvine, 28, and Nicte Leeg, 27, wanted to support the company, but the line was too long. Irvine said she'd likely donate to the corporation instead.
"It's about freedom of speech and people being entitled to their own opinion," Leeg said.
The Chick-fil-A restaurant on the Univ. of Southern Mississippi's Hattiesburg campus was packed with area families. But few, if any, students turned out to support or protest Chick-fil-A.
"It's a shame that the gay community that asks for tolerance is so intolerant of other opinions," Josh Walker said as he ate lunch. "It's nice to have a company that stands by its morals."
"Since the company isn't doing anything illegal, I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion," a patron who wished to remain anonymous, said. "I like the food, and that's what's important."

Desiree Ortega, a customer in the drive-thru lane in Englewood, agreed.
"They have good food," she said. "They're making up for the idiotic things they said."

In Missouri City, Texas, hundreds of customers descended on the Chick-fil-A despite 100-degree heat. (A Chick-fil-A employee who did not want to be identified said the company wanted to convey honor, dignity, and respect for all customers and "to glorify God.")
At 10:15 a.m. at the Chick-fil-A in Chandler, Ariz., the parking lot was relatively empty. Dan Thomas, 72, said he wasn't aware it was Appreciation Day.
"Are they giving anything away?" Thomas asked.
By noon, though, there were more than 30 vehicles in the drive-thru line, and the restaurant was over capacity.
At the Chick-fil-A in the Glenbrook Square Mall in Fort Wayne, Ind., a line of about 300 people stretched past the relatively empty Panda Express and Taco Bell. There weren't any protestors in sight.

[pic - click to view]

"The Bible says marriage is between one man and one woman," Beth, a patron who declined to give her last name, said. "But the debate is not about the Bible. It is about whether the CEO of a private business has the right to voice his own opinions. If you say no, that's pretty darn scary."
"Does it really matter what he believes in?" Beth's friend Shannon added.
There was a similar scene at the Chick-fil-A at the Jefferson Pointe Mall in Fort Wayne. Cars were backed up in several directions, waiting for the drive-through, while TV reporters and cameramen camped out nearby. One customer held a large handmade sign with the Pledge of Allegiance--highlighting the words "liberty" and "justice."
In Port Charlotte, Fla., more than 50 customers lined up outside to enter the region's only Chick-fil-A.
"Chick-fil-A is a Christian-based company that stands on biblical principles," Amy McNamara, a mother of two from nearby Punta Gorda, said. "In one article I read, it suggested they are preaching hate. I disagree. They are standing for what they believe and I stand with them."

"[Chick-fil-A has] a right to express their own opinion," Jennifer Hoyt, 37, who dined at a Chick-fil-A in St. Petersburg, Fla., said. "Don't we all? Besides, I come here for the sandwiches, not the politics."

[pic - click to view]

Chick-fil-A supporters turn out in droves for ‘Appreciation Day’ | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

146 comments for "Aug 2 - Chick-fil-A supporters turn out in droves for ‘Appreciation Day’"

5 years ago '07        #2
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19982 19982
what a dumb bi*ch shes gonna donate to Chick-fil-a? How about actually doing something god would approve of, like donating that money to feeding the poor or some sh*t, nope Mike Huckabee and FOX News told me to give Chick-fil-a my money so now I am

and does anyone remember the Oreo nonsense? I guess it was free speech when they wanted to boycott Oreo for supporting gay marriage, but its an a.ssault on free speech if you boycott Chick-fil-A? Of course they have two separate sets of rules lol so typical.
 5 years ago '07        #3
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
Until he offends me personally I will go with the Spicy Sandwich combo, lemonade wit lite ice and make my fries hot bi*ch!!
 5 years ago '08        #4
Nut-In-Honeys 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,027 | Props total: 5814 5814
"I'm not sure I agree with his position on gay marriage," said Mohler, who drove to Englewood from downtown Denver on his lunch break. "But I applaud the owner for speaking his mind, and that's why I'm here."

"We support tolerance on both sides," Haskins said.

"Just because they don't support gay marriage, it doesn't make them a bad company," Touhy said.

"It's a shame that the gay community that asks for tolerance is so intolerant of other opinions," Josh Walker said

"Since the company isn't doing anything illegal, I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion," a patron who wished to remain anonymous, said. "I like the food, and that's what's important."

"They have good food," she said. "They're making up for the idiotic things they said."

"But the debate is not about the Bible. It is about whether the CEO of a private business has the right to voice his own opinions. If you say no, that's pretty darn scary."

"[Chick-fil-A has] a right to express their own opinion," Jennifer Hoyt, 37, who dined at a Chick-fil-A in St. Petersburg, Fla., said. "Don't we all? Besides, I come here for the sandwiches, not the politics."

fu*king evil wet dog smelling chicken eating crackers hating on the morally righteous gay people
 5 years ago '08        #5
space
space
 NoTitleSince73 said:
what a dumb bi*ch shes gonna donate to Chick-fil-a? How about actually doing something god would approve of, like donating that money to feeding the poor or some sh*t, nope Mike Huckabee and FOX News told me to give Chick-fil-a my money so now I am
Linda Smith, 54, didn't have time for the line. Instead, she gave someone else in line her money to spend to show her support. Smith said, "It doesn't matter what the president of the company's views are, as long as they don't discriminate in hiring," Smith said.

Dumb bi*ch prolly gave that person hundreds of dollars that could have gone to a righteous charity. She could have used that money to buy Whoppers for the homeless.

NoTitleSince73 said:
and does anyone remember the Oreo nonsense? I guess it was free speech when they wanted to boycott Oreo for supporting gay marriage, but its an a.ssault on free speech if you boycott Chick-fil-A? Of course they have two separate sets of rules lol so typical.
I totally agree. Gay people should make a stand by not boycotting Chick-fil-A to show that they are not sensitive bi*ches like the people who boycotted Oreo.
 5 years ago '09        #6
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
if you do not support gay people you are a nazi pig who hates freedom and democracy and tortures puppies
 5 years ago '08        #7
space
space
 DallasTexas said:
and look at all the stupid ppl there, all these racist a.ss white ppl that you know for sure can count how many minorities have been inside their house..they prob convince themselves they are not racist becasue they speak to the blk guy at work ,, fu*k them these republican, fake a.ss Christians that go against everything the Bible teaches, they make my God look bad

they will get theirs

If you eat Chick-fil-A you are a white racist homophobe that secretly wants to do gay sh*t with black people

FeedTheBeast said:
Until he offends me personally I will go with the Spicy Sandwich combo, lemonade wit lite ice and make my fries hot bi*ch!!
You racist homophobic n*gga loving f*ggot
 5 years ago '11        #8
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
$4,475 | Props total: 6 6
 DallasTexas said:
and look at all the stupid ppl there, all these racist a.ss white ppl that you know for sure can count how many minorities have been inside their house..they prob convince themselves they are not racist becasue they speak to the blk guy at work ,, fu*k them these republican, fake a.ss Christians that go against everything the Bible teaches, they make my God look bad

they will get theirs
A lotta hate coming from you stemming from one picture. You need a hug?

So just from that picture, you can tell they are Christian, Stupid and Republican? There are plenty of desecrates that don't support gay marriage. Not to mention most other religions don't support it either. Also, you relating, not supporting gay marriage because you believe it's wrong, makes you pretty prejudice yourself.

If you don't stand for something, then your nothing ya lil B*tch.

Last edited by GetuOne; 08-02-2012 at 10:51 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #9
space
space
 GetuOne said:
A lotta hate coming from you stemming from one picture. You need a hug?

So just from that picture, you can tell they are Christian, Stupid and Republican? There are plenty of desecrates that don't support gay marriage. Not to mention most other religions don't support it either. Also, you relating, not supporting gay marriage because you believe it's wrong, makes you pretty prejudice yourself.

If you don't stand for something, then your nothing lil B*tch

I mean it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see most are republicans, this whole thing was started by mike huckabee that 9/11 profiting dbag and the rest of fox news
 08-02-2012, 10:51 AM         #10
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the hypocrisy of these f*ggots. I wonder if these bible thumping lames would be tolerant of Obama if he came out and said he was Muslim.
 5 years ago '11        #11
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
 NoTitleSince73 said:
I mean it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see most are republicans, this whole thing was started by mike huckabee that 9/11 profiting dbag and the rest of fox news
This whole Chick-fil-a should be a non story to begin with. It's just the media trying to pin everyone up against each other for their own gain, simple as that. The owner of this company, absolutely has a right not to support gay marriage, it doesn't make him stupid or radical christian or a racist.

I hate how every time someone burps something that can be taken as remotely offensive, the media runs over and crams a microphone down his/her throat to pander to special interest groups for like a month straight while the government is slipping their hands in our back pockets from the shadows. I couldn't care less about what gays want or what minorities want or what whites want or what Muslims want. Everyone needs to shut the f*ck up and pay attention to our economy and how we are going to fix it. Again, why is this still news?

Last edited by GetuOne; 08-02-2012 at 11:02 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #12
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
Also, I don't know why gays think they can just rewrite the rules of the bible like it's the damn constitution or something. It seems like people want to be part of the community but want to add their own little appendages to the rules to cater to their own beliefs. If you have different beliefs then that of the Christan faith, then we need to separate church and state and let the f*ckers walk into a courthouse and get married. The truth is that the bible is God's word according to the christian faith. You don't just pull your d*ck out of someones *ss and walk into a church, spit on the cross, and demand that the rules be changed. I'd love to see them try that to the Muslims or Jews and see what happens.

Again, the solution is to separate marriage into two categories, a spiritual union and a legal union. Throw legal marriage to the dogs and let spiritual marriage be. Personally, about 90% of gays can give a damn about the Christian religion, or have even stepped into a church in their lives. Most states have domestic partnerships, that should be good enough for someone who doesn't even have a religious belief.

Last edited by GetuOne; 08-02-2012 at 11:26 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #13
space
space
 GetuOne said:
Also, I don't know why gays think they can just rewrite the rules of the bible like it's the damn constitution or something. It seems like people want to be part of the community but want to add their own little appendages to the rules to cater to their own beliefs. If you have different beliefs then that of the Christan faith, then we need to separate church and state and let the f*ckers walk into a courthouse and get married. The truth is that the bible is God's word according to the christian faith. You don't just pull your d*ck out of someones *ss and walk into a church, spit on the cross, and demand that the rules be changed. I'd love to see them try that to the Muslims or Jews and see what happens.

Again, the solution is to separate marriage into two categories, a spiritual union and a legal union. Throw legal marriage to the dogs and let spiritual marriage be. Personally, about 90% of gays can give a damn about the Christian religion, or have even stepped into a church in their lives. Most states have domestic partnerships, that should be good enough for someone who doesn't even have a religious belief.
No one is saying Churches have to do gay weddings.
 08-02-2012, 12:06 PM         #14
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GetuOne said:

The bible is not the constitution, period............The constitution grants these people the right to marry , and it should be honored by that law and nothing else, but people want to put the bible in their as if the Bible replaces our legal laws only when it matters............and I saw the lines on my way home, I played a game with my wife I said for every white person I see Ill give you 1 dollar, and for every black person you see in line you give me 1 dollar..........she gave me 0 dollars.......so you already know........
 08-02-2012, 12:15 PM         #15
sflm 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Of course, NoTitleSince73 you take this thread down right at the beginning with idiocy by bringing up the nonexistent "Oreo boycott." Step away from Twitter some time. You obviously have things twisted in your mind. I swear you're a white liberal.
 5 years ago '07        #16
space
space
 sflm said:
Of course, NoTitleSince73 you take this thread down right at the beginning with idiocy by bringing up the nonexistent "Oreo boycott." Step away from Twitter some time. You obviously have things twisted in your mind. I swear you're a white liberal.

I swear you're an idiot. And I'm the one who has sh*t twisted in their mind? you quote morons like Allen West and Herman Cain you lose

Last edited by Ham Rove; 08-02-2012 at 12:19 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #17
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 S.TEX said:
the hypocrisy of these f*ggots. I wonder if these bible thumping lames would be tolerant of Obama if he came out and said he was Muslim.
80% of them already think he's a muslim..
 5 years ago '07        #18
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
 Nut-In-Honeys said:

If you eat Chick-fil-A you are a white racist homophobe that secretly wants to do gay sh*t with black people

You racist homophobic n*gga loving f*ggot
Your words are like poetry
 5 years ago '07        #19
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #20
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
 JohnDoe said:

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
48 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
65 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
154 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy