Rick Ross ĎGod Forgives I Donítí First Week Projections

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #81
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,657 | Props total: 4494 4494
[quote=Killa;24119563]
 s7venwords said:

Wale already did his part.. I want to see what he's gonna do with Stalley and Meek Mill.
meek mill is heavy in the streets, and if he keeps that same formula I guess we can atleast see him doing 100k

stalley, I heard this guy was nice but what does he put out?
 5 years ago '10        #82
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,657 | Props total: 4494 4494
[quote=Killa;24119596]
 kiddrocay said:

Yea, I agree. Meek's max first week should be 100K.. If Wale did 120-130K, how much was it?

Like justinjones said.. Meek will do 20-30k less of what Wale did.

Stalley tho? Ross gon have a hard work promoting him and making him sell good first week..
seriously though, who the fu*k is stalley

I see him mentioned rarely but I have never seen tracks posted and ish but they saying hes the nicest on mmg
 08-01-2012, 04:19 PM         #83
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[quote=Killa;24119473]
 Graftedgenes said:

I never denied the fact Ross is a good boss. He's doing a great job as a CEO and any other CEO should have his promoting skills IMO.

But you can't deny he actually picked these rappers while they sort of had +- buzz already. Meek not so much.. But you know what I mean, rappers who bloggers knew their names. That was one step done already.

But Grafted... Why switch the subject of Ross' projections to him being a good boss, what the fu*k my man?
If we are going to discuss sales then why wouldn't we discuss the albums that have sold on MMG? I didn't bring J. Cole & Jeezy into the convo I'm talking about the man in the thread title.

Yeah Meek had a buzz in Philly but now he's on the cover of the Source & Vibe at the samn damn time. Wale had a buzz and now he has a Gold album.

People allow their hatred to overide their common sense; when was the last time a label went out and signed an artist that didn't already have a buzz?

So when Cheif Keef blows up are you going to tell us how he already had a buzz and therefore Interscope played little part in his success?
 08-01-2012, 04:21 PM         #84
JayDee11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's about to have his biggest week ever more than likely. Self Made still on the charts. His music is everywhere we are. Ross seems to have alot to celebrate.
 08-01-2012, 04:26 PM         #85
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Killa said:
Grafted is seriously a paranoid son of a bi*ch. Can't you have a normal conversation motherfu*ker?
Nothing in my post should have offended you unless you are just sensitive.

I'm curious tho' when was the last time a Major/Minor label went out and signed an artist that had no Buzz.

give me some names.
 5 years ago '11        #86
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
Alot of anger in this thread
 08-01-2012, 04:29 PM         #87
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[quote=Killa;24119563]
 s7venwords said:

Wale already did his part.. I want to see what he's gonna do with Stalley and Meek Mill. Though I agree.. I wanna see how many records Wale's forthcoming album will do.
A good boss makes $ for all his partners/artists and let's them expand on their own.This is where 50 fu*ked up and the reason I think Bank$ left or took a leave of ab stance from G-Unit.
 08-01-2012, 04:34 PM         #88
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[quote=Killa;24119798]
 s7venwords said:

Nah.. 50 said he wants to distance himself from Yayo and Banks so they could build their own buzzes and continue dropping music without his help.
True, but it seems like they needed his permission to do that.
 08-01-2012, 04:38 PM         #89
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SugaHillRomello said:
Alot of anger in this thread
It's anger and frustration.

They were praying the album would flop so they could celebrate but then they saw the #1 ranking and the projected 220K.

...I think they should use a different angle and say Diddy bought all the records.
 5 years ago '04        #90
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,354 | Props total: 8454 8454
lol @ "rounding" up Self Made Vol 2 to 200K
lol good one
 5 years ago '05        #91
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
I like 50 more than Ross but 220k isn't a loss. You have to look at who his fan base is. MMG doesn't appeal to the same type of fanbase that Drake and Kanye appeal to.

I think if anything Ross just showed the max sales that any street orientate rapper will do without any real attempt to cross over.

After seeing this, it's not suprising that so many artists are so tempted to cross over and hit that white fan base that goes out and buys albums.

People don't understand that Jeezy and Ross aren't trying to compete with Jay, Em, Wayne, Drake, and Kanye. They know there's nothing that they can do to get those kind of sales. So they stick to what works and what gives them the most consistent sales performances over and over again.
 08-01-2012, 04:43 PM         #92
AZTEK ESCOBAR 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What's good with mmg Latino tho y no love?
 5 years ago '11        #93
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 Graftedgenes said:
It's anger and frustration.

They were praying the album would flop so they could celebrate but then they saw the #1 ranking and the projected 220K.

...I think they should use a different angle and say Diddy bought all the records.
Lol these ppl are hilarious, all i can do is sit back and laugh. But yo im happy for Ross though i think he deserves to do good numbers like these. And to do it without crossing over should serve as a lesson to the Lupe Fiascos of the world that u dont have to sell out to sell records. Props to the Boss
 5 years ago '12        #94
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
space
$16,392 | Props total: 5652 5652
 Graftedgenes said:
I didn't lose or win, I'm not even in the competition with those artists, I'm just stating facts.

I guess you could feel good about who sold faster instead of who sold the most if that's how you entertain yourself.

I'm proud that both my brothers are doing well in their careers and I hope they have a lot of future success.
THE STANNERY IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE
 5 years ago '04        #95
NaMeLeSs- 83 heat pts83
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 3602 3602
25 pages.. i knew that gold first week stuff was bs
 5 years ago '05        #96
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,240 | Props total: 9646 9646
Another number 1 album for hip-hop is nothing to hate on IMO.
 5 years ago '05        #97
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1674 1674
 AuthenticMade said:

[pic - click to view]

Was signed in late 2006/early 2007 and had no buzz. Didnt even have a mixtape out, freestyled for KanyeWest and ended up with a major label deal on Def Jam/Good. Actually released the first mixtape of his finally famous brand after signing his deal.

Album debuted to great fanfare, spawned 3 hit singles

Signed with absolutely no buzz whatsoever. Didnt even really have music recorded at the time he was signed .
So what type of music did the guy eventually release? Dude didn't even stick to his roots, started to do that mainstream bubblegum BS, brought nothing new to the game, rode the coattails of preexisting mainstream artists like Drake, Tyga and Lil Wayne, made one hit single (because of - let's face it - Chris Brown's hook) AND still managed to sell less than 100K.

I mean, come on. Dude had so much potential back in the day and he squanders it away by making music that's already been out since earlier this decade. I mean like for real, how are you going to learn from 'Ye for half a decade, hone your craft, sit there with No I.D. for months on end and still give us an album like Finally Famous.

Are you serious right now? A lot of potential flushed down the toilet.
 5 years ago '11        #98
DboyFlexxxin 
space
space
$333 | Props total: 247 247
why would you buy this album when you can download his past FIVE mix-tapes and they're all better top to bottom/track for track? Artists wonder why we don't buy their albums when the previous sentence is the answer to that.
 5 years ago '11        #99
Mr X 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,265 | Props total: 241 241
this n*gga ross had like 11 singles for this album
 5 years ago '11        #100
Mr X 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,265 | Props total: 241 241
 Left Hook said:
So what type of music did the guy eventually release? Dude didn't even stick to his roots, started to do that mainstream bubblegum BS, brought nothing new to the game, rode the coattails of preexisting mainstream artists like Drake, Tyga and Lil Wayne, made one hit single (because of - let's face it - Chris Brown's hook) AND still managed to sell less than 100K.

I mean, come on. Dude had so much potential back in the day and he squanders it away by making music that's already been out since earlier this decade. I mean like for real, how are you going to learn from 'Ye for half a decade, hone your craft, sit there with No I.D. for months on end and still give us an album like Finally Famous.

Are you serious right now? A lot of potential flushed down the toilet.

why do you say lets face it - chris browns hook?

smh i can tell your a chris brown hater, which means your ignorant
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
23 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy