Aug 1 - Adult kids living at home on the rise across the board

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #121
cubes 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,585 | Props total: 6040 6040
19 in college and still living at home

My parents love me fu*k you broke n*ggas
 5 years ago '11        #122
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,391 | Props total: 3861 3861
 ManWithoutFear! said:
See you was making sense before and now you just completely lost me. "Spend money and fuhking b*tches." You not seeing the bigger picture. Why is everything have to be so extra with you guys on here? Fact of the matter is and maybe this the end all be all to this convo and that is, we're all raised differently... we all have different goals and ambitions... and some of us, for the most part dont mind getting a little dirty in the process.
I'll be honest with you g...

I DONT EVER WANNA MOVE BACK WITH MY PARENTS.
And they good people, I see their a.sses all the time. But 1st and foremost, Ima GROWN MAN! I dont wanna backtrack I done came too far to let recessions and fuhked up job markets bring me down man. But we all different. If what youre doin works for you then so be it. Im just a little taken aback by some of the sh*t n*ggas is saying on here. Like when was it NOT cool to want your own sh*t? n*ggas in here talkin like you have to be in a fuhked up household to wanna branch out and do you?! lol
Whats that?!
U hit the nail on da head bruh. Its all about how u were raised and what u want. That's all I'm trying to show. Not everyone is gonna have the same situation or feel they need to do the same things. Not everyone wants houses and cars, not everyone wants to be saved by christ, not everyone wants to win an olympic medal, not everyone wants to know what it feels like to k!ll a man. Its not possible. Its just dumb to say people need to do this or that just cuz its what u do.

We will never be the same, ever. Its not possible. Of course some people are gonna feel they need to move out as soon as possible, some will stay forever, and some will move out when they are ready.

In reality, there aren't enough resources available for everyone to live the same lifestyle.
 08-03-2012, 04:50 PM         #123
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeithClark said:
I think I'm the ONLY n*gga on here whose lived on the streets (recently) that sh*t is the most depressing feeling in the world. I would love to finish my bachelors but I'm $9000 in debt with VARIOUS n*ggaZ (Sallie Mae included) so I can't get any loans or grants. I'm 21 (not over 24) so the loan people are still asking for my parents info I can't go back into the Army even with my Honorable Discharge because the 2 star General thinks my juvenile charge is too serious (I've personally talked to him) so the only way I can "serve my country" again is to get permission from the President and this Obama n*gga doesn't answer letters. I live in a town with 5,000 people on the westside of Florida WE HAVE 20+% UNEMPLOYMENT there are no females my age over here or jobs if Job Corps doesn't work out I'm joining the French Foreign Legion their always hiring....I've had 3 jobs in my life (Think-tank, u.s. army, and club promoter) don't judge everyone sh*t is different. - Keith Clark
Were you overseas for OIF OEF at all? Any disabilities?
Hit up the VA. (if youre a vet)
VA been good to alotta cats I know who I served with.
Dead a.ss

Edit: Whend you join? Honorable discharge at 21?
You sure that wasnt a dishonorable?

Last edited by ManWithoutFear!; 08-03-2012 at 04:56 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #124
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,305 | Props total: 4726 4726
I don't see anything wrong with this. Only thing that pisses me off are freeloaders when you're an adult.

I live on my own, but if my job was in the city where my parents are at, I'd probably live with them and help them out with bills and renovations with their house and sh*t. Of course, once I get my own house, my parents would always be welcome to live with me. I guess this might be a cultural thing.
 08-03-2012, 05:20 PM         #125
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thread is 8 pages, there must be a reason why.
 5 years ago '11        #126
KeithClark 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,458 | Props total: 122 122
I read this article a couple days ago tweeted the author and cursed her out I called her an "elitist dumb bi*ch kinda like Amy Chua" she tweeted me back "I'm proud of being compared to Amy Chua" I tweeted her back "Your classy tweet outdid my negative tweet so i'll pay the check and exit stage left!" ... she retweeted that (true story). - Keith Clark
 08-03-2012, 06:50 PM         #127
*Missy* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tony Franks said:
Struggle is only for the poor and ignorant. Life is not a struggle for those with lots of money and knowledge. Stop buying into that bullsh*t. Folks expect u to struggle just cuz that what real n*ggaz do lol.
So u and your parents and your parent's parents were just born into money and always been rich forever? Nobody had to work or makes sacrifices,compromise, struggle so that YOU or your parents can live the way yall do? So now only poor and ignorant work hard and life comes easy to the rest. GTFO with that logic.

Last edited by *Missy*; 08-03-2012 at 08:12 PM..
 08-03-2012, 06:58 PM         #128
*Missy* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
Here we go.........i knew you was that type.......the poor and ignorant? Spoken like a true herb that has never had to struggle one day in his life.........You know nothing about life and this very statement proves it a great deal..............but you keep leaning on your parents so can transition into your life of money.........Ill bet when you do get on you will be one of those " I dont want my tax money being spent on the poor" type fu*kers too.
he was in another thread of the same topic singing a different tune....now he on that Rick Ross talkin about we been rich forever and everyone else ignorant and poor for living on their own and branching out.

Last edited by *Missy*; 08-03-2012 at 08:14 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #129
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
 Tony Franks said:
U hit the nail on da head bruh. Its all about how u were raised and what u want. That's all I'm trying to show. Not everyone is gonna have the same situation or feel they need to do the same things. Not everyone wants houses and cars, not everyone wants to be saved by christ, not everyone wants to win an olympic medal, not everyone wants to know what it feels like to k!ll a man. Its not possible. Its just dumb to say people need to do this or that just cuz its what u do.

We will never be the same, ever. Its not possible. Of course some people are gonna feel they need to move out as soon as possible, some will stay forever, and some will move out when they are ready.

In reality, there aren't enough resources available for everyone to live the same lifestyle.
Which is why people fail and will continue to fail...
 5 years ago '11        #130
4o 0z 4 heat pts
space
space
$963 | Props total: 16 16
moved out @ 19 to do my college thing & thought i was never comin back; got a job down the street from campus & everything. ended up havin too much fun, got put on academic suspension/fired. young stupid sh*t

moved back @ 20 started grindin hard for a job once i got back, only to have a medical emergency put me out of commission for 5+ months. had surgery. finally back to good health and starting community college in a few weeks, gonna hop back on my job grind too.

livin @ home with your single mother of 2 who dont want you to get a job in the 1st place because the rent will go up and you'll have less to eat; no gas in the car so you walk and apply to every place within the 3 mile radius and no luck. no $$ so you have to sneak on the bus/train to farther out interviews and have to talk yer way out of tickets if you get caught. this life you live have you wantin to start slangin or hittin licks - then you get a letter from your homies/father in the pen tellin you about the shife sh*t they live in day to day ..it puts things in perspective.

everybodys struggle aint the same; i commend the people who are out there gettin it & have hope for the others who are still tryin - but ill be damned if i myself aint out on my own this time next year; these girls out here aint tryin to have it if you aint got yer own car/place. i had to lower the fu*k outta my standards and take a few for the team since bein a college dropout
and i cant say i aint been envious then a .... & even a lil jealous of all my homies whos parents buy them a car, new j's, put $$ in their pocket; i just charge it to the game and use it as fuel to my fire
 08-04-2012, 09:39 AM         #131
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4o 0z said:
moved out @ 19 to do my college thing & thought i was never comin back; got a job down the street from campus & everything. ended up havin too much fun, got put on academic suspension/fired. young stupid sh*t

moved back @ 20 started grindin hard for a job once i got back, only to have a medical emergency put me out of commission for 5+ months. had surgery. finally back to good health and starting community college in a few weeks, gonna hop back on my job grind too.

livin @ home with your single mother of 2 who dont want you to get a job in the 1st place because the rent will go up and you'll have less to eat; no gas in the car so you walk and apply to every place within the 3 mile radius and no luck. no $$ so you have to sneak on the bus/train to farther out interviews and have to talk yer way out of tickets if you get caught. this life you live have you wantin to start slangin or hittin licks - then you get a letter from your homies/father in the pen tellin you about the shife sh*t they live in day to day ..it puts things in perspective.

everybodys struggle aint the same; i commend the people who are out there gettin it & have hope for the others who are still tryin - but ill be damned if i myself aint out on my own this time next year; these girls out here aint tryin to have it if you aint got yer own car/place. i had to lower the fu*k outta my standards and take a few for the team since bein a college dropout
and i cant say i aint been envious then a .... & even a lil jealous of all my homies whos parents buy them a car, new j's, put $$ in their pocket; i just charge it to the game and use it as fuel to my fire
Least you out there in the world tryna get it on & make some sh*t pop. I gotta cousin right now man (while I dont feel sorry for him) went out made a couple seeds, had a good gig & fuhked it up...
But he out there slanging dvds in Newark, NJ all while tryna get himself a steady gig. I cant be envious of n*ggas whos folks go out & do a buncha sh*t for them like that cause Im not from that. My parents are good ppl but we lived in the projects. Lol Mafuhkas dont wanna be hearing that I need Jordans, I need bread, sh*t when theyre working doubles to pay that rent. I left my folks pad cause I couldnt keep doing what I was doing at 14, 15, 16 under someone else roof. Sh*t wasnt fair to them. I always been self sufficient. But when I was young my uncle (rip) & his peeps were always out grindin. So I had plenty opportunities to earn that bread but at a cost but that story too long for me to be typin on this touchscreen. Lol But I always had lil jobs on the side tho. C-Town, Pathmark, whatever. I dont know. I guess its all circumstances. But Im not sure if I were to have parents who were like doctors & what not & I could kick it in a nice a.ss crib & put some dough away while doing school... I dont know if Id be so quick to wanna ride that out. It feels good having/maintaining your own. Plus if you have a black mom you know that sh*t gets annoying after awhile. Lol Always talkin bout some god damn body! Everytime she comes through I be like "damn I love you but Im glad I dont have to hear this sh*t all the time!" lol But Im proud of my folks. I was little off the hook for awhile but they raised a good dude imo. I did one helluva 180. Same with my brother. But while my parents couldnt always shell out that bread they always supported. Believed that I would go out & do the right thing & that was enough for me. & now I can hook them up with what they want. I didnt need no car & kicks from them. They gave me life. I can get all that fly sh*t on my own win or lose. *shrugs
 08-04-2012, 10:04 AM         #132
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've been leaving and coming back home since 19. There are two empty bedrooms here, why the fu*k not? My mom live on one side and I live on the other. But now that I'm in college I only come home for the holidays and summer. And my mom isn't like those other moms, if I wanted to bring my girl here she would let me, but I don't bring them here in the first place. If a chick can't respect that I live with my mom then fu*k her. I'm laughing straight to the bank, but my girl respect me for I am we are going to grow together.

I just signed a lease for this apartment though and I'm going to be living off campus this semester, but when the lease is up I won't be mad if I came back home. I'll just continue to save and eventually buy something.
 5 years ago '04        #133
memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
failure to thrive
 08-04-2012, 01:06 PM         #134
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
There are 2 types of people, ones who grew up with struggle, whose parents struggle but still survived and those who never struggled and who dont ever plan to struggle.........there is no right or wrong in either , its just if your type to never struggle and would rather give your left nut then to experience that other side of life, I cant respect you as a man or a person. Not because of your parents but because when it came time for you stand on your own, you decided to instead let your parents do your standing for you..........now to some that wont mean a damn thing.....but that is what makes you a real man or a woman in my eyes........now why it bothers me is because you mommy dearest bastards grow up into real as*holes looking down on others who are struggling like you did something right in life because you have success. But your success was gained by having no balls and no back bone.....and quite frankly you can keep the money if that means you have to live on your knees the rest of your life............also people like that are more prone to thinking people need to cater to them and their needs........its a fundamental loss and a serious growth stunt.

And props to those who are going to school or working an internship who chose to take the rougher path in life to reach success.......not move in with mom and dad cause you were scared of a little adversity.

Let me clarify some things that I didn't mention in my previous post.

I on more then one occasion help buy the groceries, help with utilities and other costs that my parents incur. In fact I dish out a third of the costs between my parents. Also got my dad a new car since his old car was in a accident and the repair costs were just as much as getting a new car. I also, saved up a lot of money of the years that allowed me to help pay off some of sisters tuition in which she couldn't afford the entire sum. On numerous occasions I have given 100 of dollars to my mother monthly in order she can give money to her family overseas. Because of these acts I am reduced to use a bus to work/school, have to keep all my money from work into savings and have to pretty much restrict myself from going to any clubs or any events that would cost money. In fact I pretty much eat one meal through the day on regular university days to not incur any costs.

I am living the struggle even though I live with my parents. I just helped pay off dad's car and help get my little sister a steady job that will put her through college. You premise on struggle is excellent and I live by it. To be honest every day when I have to walk 30 minutes to work from the bus, I consider that to be the struggle because I am taking the hard route. Living the struggle in this sense has allowed me to better myself and made me more patient with individuals. It might not be the struggle of living on your own but by the amount of money I am dishing out I would consider it to be the same.
 08-04-2012, 06:23 PM         #135
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Darkdrone said:
Let me clarify some things that I didn't mention in my previous post.

I on more then one occasion help buy the groceries, help with utilities and other costs that my parents incur. In fact I dish out a third of the costs between my parents. Also got my dad a new car since his old car was in a accident and the repair costs were just as much as getting a new car. I also, saved up a lot of money of the years that allowed me to help pay off some of sisters tuition in which she couldn't afford the entire sum. On numerous occasions I have given 100 of dollars to my mother monthly in order she can give money to her family overseas. Because of these acts I am reduced to use a bus to work/school, have to keep all my money from work into savings and have to pretty much restrict myself from going to any clubs or any events that would cost money. In fact I pretty much eat one meal through the day on regular university days to not incur any costs.

I am living the struggle even though I live with my parents. I just helped pay off dad's car and help get my little sister a steady job that will put her through college. You premise on struggle is excellent and I live by it. To be honest every day when I have to walk 30 minutes to work from the bus, I consider that to be the struggle because I am taking the hard route. Living the struggle in this sense has allowed me to better myself and made me more patient with individuals. It might not be the struggle of living on your own but by the amount of money I am dishing out I would consider it to be the same.
Thats peace my dude, appreciate the honest response.
 08-05-2012, 04:40 PM         #136
Zaner210 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From 90-00 20-24 it dropped

overall the numbers are still basically same
only big increase was the 43% but its college aged kids so of course theyre still gonna live with their parents
 5 years ago '05        #137
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,888 | Props total: 5124 5124

[video - click to view]

08-05-2012, 07:33 PM         #138
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn! Majority of this site live at home though. Lol
Yikes! Is what it is though. Sheeeeit, I be on this mafuhka from my phone or tablet like 90% of the time. Thatd be fuhked up yall a.sses sitting at home behind the computer screen all damn day fuhkin' around. You shouldnt be responding you should be out making it hap!
 08-05-2012, 10:40 PM         #139
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How do you know they are not? For all we know they all could be doing the grind and going to school as well.
 5 years ago '06        #140
Triple0 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,890 | Props total: 462 462
Get two fu*king jobs you bums. Hell, I'd rather work 3 jobs then have to move back into my parents.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy