Aug 1 - Adult kids living at home on the rise across the board

most viewed right now
 101
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
76 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 77
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 75
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
134 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 68
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
38 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 08-03-2012, 09:33 AM         #101
*Missy* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ManWithoutFear! said:
But I mean Im reading some of yall sh*t & it just sound like alotta you are just scared of the struggle. And I know someones gonna hit me with me with that "why struggle if you dont have to" line. But life is a struggle n*gga!

I agree.

Making mistakes and struggling is a part of life. U have to learn how to deal with these things on your own,what if your parents come on hard times? Then u all will be fu*ked.
 08-03-2012, 09:35 AM         #102
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MemphBleek05 said:
I can't really speak for anyone else, but I was actually out at one point. Moved from Memphis to Seattle, had 2 nice paying jobs, was ready to get out my friend's apartment (in which I paid rent, grocery bill, etc) but my mom needed help. Moved back to Memphis, went back to college, got some degrees, helped raised 4 of my younger siblings (which was huge considering my step-pops, the man who raised me passed around the time I had to move back), which brings me to where I am now. Right after college, I literally couldn't get a job. I was deemed overqualified by some companies, yet under qualified by other companies because I had no real-world experience. Being real, I just got back on my feet, last year.

I'm not exactly estatic about living at the house, but at the same time, I'm not some bum who just lays on the couch. I work a good paying job (for Memphis standards), take care of all my bills, pay on some of my mom's stuff and just generally help. My mom know's what it is and totally understands my situation. I'm trying to get out next year, seeing how I hate that I'm currently 25 at home. The fact of the matter is, sh*t is fu*ked out here...I don't look down on anyone who is still at the house. Circumstances differ...now if you're at the house and doing nothing....different story....
Yeah I feel you...
In Memphis too?! smh
A friend of mine went through something kinda similar with his pops when his moms died. I dont know where he at now. smh
 08-03-2012, 09:37 AM         #103
UpTownClips 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Moved out at 22 and never looked back you cant be slamming hoes at 3 am drunk at your moms crib while shes trying to sleep
 08-03-2012, 09:42 AM         #104
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FuryStryfe said:
Most people spend 8 hours or more at work, 2 or 3 hours on the road to and from work, and their free time out. All you really doing is sleeping at the crib and getting ready for your day.
Thats LIFE my n*gga! Gotta charge it to the game.
 08-03-2012, 09:44 AM         #105
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UpTownClips said:
Moved out at 22 and never looked back you cant be slamming hoes at 3 am drunk at your moms crib while shes trying to sleep
Lol WORD!
Not to mention that sh*t is MAAAAAAAD disrespectful!
 5 years ago '04        #106
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
I'm 23 and not really "at home," if you will. My mom and I agreed to get an apartment together because her bum a.ss boyfriend got locked up and she wasn't going to be able to take care of herself on her own with all her debt and bills. Myself, I have a decent paying job and I need to catch up on my student loans before I can go back to school, so I'm paying those off. This situation is a win win for both of us. We pay equal bills. Everything is half and half, so it's not like I'm mooching off her. Think of it as a complementing arrangement. And I'm not ashamed of it at all. She tells me I can move on if I want to (in fact, I'll get a raise if I move to New York or San Francisco so it's not about the money), but I know she needs help so I have no problem with this until she gets her money right. She's too old to be working two jobs just to support herself. It used to be she had to work two jobs to support me and my two siblings, but the economy is so bad that everyone leaving the nest doesn't make a difference anymore. I really hope I can come up on some real dough one day and help her quit her job. Pains me to see her over working herself.

But yea, you don't know what anyone's circumstance may be for living at home so don't judge. Who knows, you yourself might be forced into that situation before too long.
 5 years ago '06        #107
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,753 | Props total: 2959 2959
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
at these dudes who moved out before they were 18 thinking they are big sh*t because they had sh*tty parents.
at u for being a bum a.ss n*gga. i didnt choose my parents. i didnt choose for my moms to die and i didnt choose for my pops to abandon my family but i did choose to be a ballin a.ss n*gga you heard. u would envy my lifestyle. pushing big boy whipS, got my own HOUSE, and smash bi*ches on the daily. you over there playing a fu*king video game hungry yelling ya moms "whens dinner ready mommy, im hungry"
 5 years ago '11        #108
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,404 | Props total: 3880 3880
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Im not tryna be disrespectful at all or sh*t on you, but you dont think thats selfish?
Like, whenever you need to save some bread you just up & move back in your parents crib? I mean, if you got that typa relationship with your parents I guess thats cool or whatever. But sh*t man, even parents need a break after awhile. Even if youre giving them money.
That's just not how my family works man. I don't know what to tell ya. I got older cousins living with an older aunt, even tho they making next to 6 figures. We are really close and as long as you aren't a loser, people will actually ask u to come stay with them, just so they have another person around that they can trust.

If u don't have kids or a wife, paying rent is extremely wasteful. If u got fam who understand ur an adult that does adult things, living with fam is the way to go. People will talk down on chinese/hispanic folk for being family oriented, but that sh*t works well for people who haven't been mind fu*ked by American media.

I hardly even see my moms cuz of our diffferent work schedules. I think they were more concerned when I wasn't home. Pops was worried sick about me for a while.

I just think people find it hard to understand that a family might actually want to stick together. Everyone in my family (cousins, aunts, uncles) is taken care of. My generation is doing pretty dam good too


Last edited by Tony Franks; 08-03-2012 at 01:35 PM..
 08-03-2012, 01:58 PM         #109
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J_Teflon said:
at u for being a bum a.ss n*gga. i didnt choose my parents. i didnt choose for my moms to die and i didnt choose for my pops to abandon my family but i did choose to be a ballin a.ss n*gga you heard. u would envy my lifestyle. pushing big boy whipS, got my own HOUSE, and smash bi*ches on the daily. you over there playing a fu*king video game hungry yelling ya moms "whens dinner ready mommy, im hungry"
He said that sh*t with the utmost conviction too lol
Like this where we at now in America? Mafuhkas finding it hard to grasp someone wanting to have THEIR OWN?
My parents aint have sh*t to do with me wanting to get my own.
I just wanted to have MY OWN!
weirdos

 Tony Franks said:
That's just not how my family works man. I don't know what to tell ya. I got older cousins living with an older aunt, even tho they making next to 6 figures. We are really close and as long as you aren't a loser, people will actually ask u to come stay with them, just so they have another person around that they can trust.

If u don't have kids or a wife, paying rent is extremely wasteful. If u got fam who understand ur an adult that does adult things, living with fam is the way to go. People will talk down on chinese/hispanic folk for being family oriented, but that sh*t works well for people who haven't been mind fu*ked by American media.

I hardly even see my moms cuz of our diffferent work schedules. I think they were more concerned when I wasn't home. Pops was worried sick about me for a while.

I just think people find it hard to understand that a family might actually want to stick together. Everyone in my family (cousins, aunts, uncles) is taken care of. My generation is doing pretty dam good too
I feel you man. Like I said, I dont knock what nobody do. That sh*t makes sense I can dig it. I just like being on my own. My parents, my brother, his son, cousins, aunts, uncles etc they can check me. Just like I can check them. We aint gotta live together to be no family.
This aint Growing Pains lol
Im playing. But I feel you.
 08-03-2012, 02:06 PM         #110
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tony Franks said:
That's just not how my family works man. I don't know what to tell ya. I got older cousins living with an older aunt, even tho they making next to 6 figures. We are really close and as long as you aren't a loser, people will actually ask u to come stay with them, just so they have another person around that they can trust.

If u don't have kids or a wife, paying rent is extremely wasteful. If u got fam who understand ur an adult that does adult things, living with fam is the way to go. People will talk down on chinese/hispanic folk for being family oriented, but that sh*t works well for people who haven't been mind fu*ked by American media.

I hardly even see my moms cuz of our diffferent work schedules. I think they were more concerned when I wasn't home. Pops was worried sick about me for a while.

I just think people find it hard to understand that a family might actually want to stick together. Everyone in my family (cousins, aunts, uncles) is taken care of. My generation is doing pretty dam good too
It has nothing to do with mind fu*king........its what you do when you get grown, you branch out , you get your own........wtf wants to live with someone the rest of their life? You cant justify people being scared to leave the nest bruh..........thats all it is.........your scared to leave the nest because you might fail.....so Ill stay here with whomever because at least I know if worst comes to worst I wont crash and burn........its ego, its pride, its selfishness, and its fear.........but you same people will turn around and look down on a poor person living on section 8 because they are not making it like they should......but your too scared to put your own neck out there.......... this country is crazy.
 5 years ago '11        #111
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,404 | Props total: 3880 3880
 Dos-effect said:
It has nothing to do with mind fu*king........its what you do when you get grown, you branch out , you get your own........wtf wants to live with someone the rest of their life? You cant justify people being scared to leave the nest bruh..........thats all it is.........your scared to leave the nest because you might fail.....so Ill stay here with whomever because at least I know if worst comes to worst I wont crash and burn........its ego, its pride, its selfishness, and its fear.........but you same people will turn around and look down on a poor person living on section 8 because they are not making it like they should......but your too scared to put your own neck out there.......... this country is crazy.
But who taught u that tho homey? At what point in history did that become the thing to do? It wasn't always the "hip" thing to remove yourself from your family and try and do your own thing.

And of course I'm afraid. I can live on my own, and have taken care of myself before. But I'm afraid of making terrible choices with my money just so I can fu*k bi*ches. That's not my life.

U don't think its selfish at all for parents to kick their kids out the crib tho? It's not ur ego that's even making u say all this crazy sh*t?

I never look down on section 8 folk (except when they sittin on my car) cuz I have lived with them for most of my life. I left, got my degree, now I'm home building for my future.

Be proud of all u have, and keep spending money and fu*king bi*ches, but don't think someone will listen to ur jealous a.ss bi*ching about what they should have to do just cuz that's the life u chose.
 5 years ago '11        #112
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,404 | Props total: 3880 3880
 *Missy* said:
I agree.

Making mistakes and struggling is a part of life. U have to learn how to deal with these things on your own,what if your parents come on hard times? Then u all will be fu*ked.
Struggle is only for the poor and ignorant. Life is not a struggle for those with lots of money and knowledge. Stop buying into that bullsh*t. Folks expect u to struggle just cuz that what real n*ggaz do lol.
 08-03-2012, 02:54 PM         #113
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tony Franks said:
But who taught u that tho homey? At what point in history did that become the thing to do? It wasn't always the "hip" thing to remove yourself from your family and try and do your own thing.

And of course I'm afraid. I can live on my own, and have taken care of myself before. But I'm afraid of making terrible choices with my money just so I can fu*k bi*ches. That's not my life.

U don't think its selfish at all for parents to kick their kids out the crib tho? It's not ur ego that's even making u say all this crazy sh*t?

I never look down on section 8 folk (except when they sittin on my car) cuz I have lived with them for most of my life. I left, got my degree, now I'm home building for my future.

Be proud of all u have, and keep spending money and fu*king bi*ches, but don't think someone will listen to ur jealous a.ss bi*ching about what they should have to do just cuz that's the life u chose.

Jealous? Your a fu*king adult being spoon fed, I mean get serious bruh......all this building for your future sh*t is a cop-out, there are PLENTY of people who moved out, had kids, went to school, got degrees, WORKED, and still got ahead in life. Plenty, thats a bullsh*t excuse..........and I cant even judge you on your decisions in life Im just saying keep it real............there is no way your bum a.ss can sit here and tell people who are grabbing life by the balls that pretending to be a visionary in life while living in your parents basement is the way to go about it. Its just not and millions of normal adults will tell you this......but what ever gets you through your day.......homie.


Last edited by Dos-effect; 08-03-2012 at 02:58 PM..
 08-03-2012, 02:56 PM         #114
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tony Franks said:
Struggle is only for the poor and ignorant. Life is not a struggle for those with lots of money and knowledge. Stop buying into that bullsh*t. Folks expect u to struggle just cuz that what real n*ggaz do lol.
Here we go.........i knew you was that type.......the poor and ignorant? Spoken like a true herb that has never had to struggle one day in his life.........You know nothing about life and this very statement proves it a great deal..............but you keep leaning on your parents so can transition into your life of money.........Ill bet when you do get on you will be one of those " I dont want my tax money being spent on the poor" type fu*kers too.
 08-03-2012, 03:01 PM         #115
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tony Franks said:
But who taught u that tho homey? At what point in history did that become the thing to do? It wasn't always the "hip" thing to remove yourself from your family and try and do your own thing.

And of course I'm afraid. I can live on my own, and have taken care of myself before. But I'm afraid of making terrible choices with my money just so I can fu*k bi*ches. That's not my life.

U don't think its selfish at all for parents to kick their kids out the crib tho? It's not ur ego that's even making u say all this crazy sh*t?

I never look down on section 8 folk (except when they sittin on my car) cuz I have lived with them for most of my life. I left, got my degree, now I'm home building for my future.

Be proud of all u have, and keep spending money and fu*king bi*ches, but don't think someone will listen to ur jealous a.ss bi*ching about what they should have to do just cuz that's the life u chose.
See you was making sense before and now you just completely lost me. "Spend money and fuhking b*tches." You not seeing the bigger picture. Why is everything have to be so extra with you guys on here? Fact of the matter is and maybe this the end all be all to this convo and that is, we're all raised differently... we all have different goals and ambitions... and some of us, for the most part dont mind getting a little dirty in the process.
I'll be honest with you g...

I DONT EVER WANNA MOVE BACK WITH MY PARENTS.
And they good people, I see their a.sses all the time. But 1st and foremost, Ima GROWN MAN! I dont wanna backtrack I done came too far to let recessions and fuhked up job markets bring me down man. But we all different. If what youre doin works for you then so be it. Im just a little taken aback by some of the sh*t n*ggas is saying on here. Like when was it NOT cool to want your own sh*t? n*ggas in here talkin like you have to be in a fuhked up household to wanna branch out and do you?! lol
Whats that?!
 08-03-2012, 03:05 PM         #116
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tony Franks said:
Struggle is only for the poor and ignorant. Life is not a struggle for those with lots of money and knowledge. Stop buying into that bullsh*t. Folks expect u to struggle just cuz that what real n*ggaz do lol.
Nah you k!lled it. smh

"Thats what real n*ggaz do." *sigh

Forgot where I was at for a second.


Last edited by ManWithoutFear!; 08-03-2012 at 04:01 PM..
 08-03-2012, 03:41 PM         #117
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nothing wrong with living with your parents until your loans are paid off and you got all your sh*t together. Friend of mine did his intern ships and paid off student loan debt all within a year after he graduated.

Dude now has a great paying job and is living a good life. Imagine if he got his own place and a good chunk of his income when to utilities and rent. He made the right decision and you people can talk about struggle all you want but this dude had a plan and executed it.

People mentioning all this crap about doing your own thing is non sense when the option is available. Why should you suffer when logically you can prosper if you wait it out. I am currently living with my parents and I attend to stay there for another year to finish up my internships, volunteering and paying off my student loan debt. I planned this out years in advance and so this isn't me being lazy. I can easily afford to live on my own but the logical decision would be to wait it out.


Its going to pay off with a very high paying job with no debt at all.
 08-03-2012, 03:59 PM         #118
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Darkdrone said:
Nothing wrong with living with your parents until your loans are paid off and you got all your sh*t together. Friend of mine did his intern ships and paid off student loan debt all within a year after he graduated.

Dude now has a great paying job and is living a good life. Imagine if he got his own place and a good chunk of his income when to utilities and rent. He made the right decision and you people can talk about struggle all you want but this dude had a plan and executed it.

People mentioning all this crap about doing your own thing is non sense when the option is available. Why should you suffer when logically you can prosper if you wait it out. I am currently living with my parents and I attend to stay there for another year to finish up my internships, volunteering and paying off my student loan debt. I planned this out years in advance and so this isn't me being lazy. I can easily afford to live on my own but the logical decision would be to wait it out.


Its going to pay off with a very high paying job with no debt at all.
There are 2 types of people, ones who grew up with struggle, whose parents struggle but still survived and those who never struggled and who dont ever plan to struggle.........there is no right or wrong in either , its just if your type to never struggle and would rather give your left nut then to experience that other side of life, I cant respect you as a man or a person. Not because of your parents but because when it came time for you stand on your own, you decided to instead let your parents do your standing for you..........now to some that wont mean a damn thing.....but that is what makes you a real man or a woman in my eyes........now why it bothers me is because you mommy dearest bastards grow up into real as*holes looking down on others who are struggling like you did something right in life because you have success. But your success was gained by having no balls and no back bone.....and quite frankly you can keep the money if that means you have to live on your knees the rest of your life............also people like that are more prone to thinking people need to cater to them and their needs........its a fundamental loss and a serious growth stunt.

And props to those who are going to school or working an internship who chose to take the rougher path in life to reach success.......not move in with mom and dad cause you were scared of a little adversity.


Last edited by Dos-effect; 08-03-2012 at 04:09 PM..
 08-03-2012, 04:17 PM         #119
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Darkdrone said:
Nothing wrong with living with your parents until your loans are paid off and you got all your sh*t together. Friend of mine did his intern ships and paid off student loan debt all within a year after he graduated.

Dude now has a great paying job and is living a good life. Imagine if he got his own place and a good chunk of his income when to utilities and rent. He made the right decision and you people can talk about struggle all you want but this dude had a plan and executed it.

People mentioning all this crap about doing your own thing is non sense when the option is available. Why should you suffer when logically you can prosper if you wait it out. I am currently living with my parents and I attend to stay there for another year to finish up my internships, volunteering and paying off my student loan debt. I planned this out years in advance and so this isn't me being lazy. I can easily afford to live on my own but the logical decision would be to wait it out.


Its going to pay off with a very high paying job with no debt at all.
Do any of your friends live at home too?
Where you & your patents stay is that where you grew up?
 5 years ago '11        #120
KeithClark 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$4,458 | Props total: 122 122
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Im not tryna be disrespectful at all or sh*t on you, but you dont think thats selfish?
Like, whenever you need to save some bread you just up & move back in your parents crib? I mean, if you got that typa relationship with your parents I guess thats cool or whatever. But sh*t man, even parents need a break after awhile. Even if youre giving them money.
I think I'm the ONLY n*gga on here whose lived on the streets (recently) that sh*t is the most depressing feeling in the world. I would love to finish my bachelors but I'm $9000 in debt with VARIOUS n*ggaZ (Sallie Mae included) so I can't get any loans or grants. I'm 21 (not over 24) so the loan people are still asking for my parents info I can't go back into the Army even with my Honorable Discharge because the 2 star General thinks my juvenile charge is too serious (I've personally talked to him) so the only way I can "serve my country" again is to get permission from the President and this Obama n*gga doesn't answer letters. I live in a town with 5,000 people on the westside of Florida WE HAVE 20+% UNEMPLOYMENT there are no females my age over here or jobs if Job Corps doesn't work out I'm joining the French Foreign Legion their always hiring....I've had 3 jobs in my life (Think-tank, u.s. army, and club promoter) don't judge everyone sh*t is different. - Keith Clark
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
150 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Here is what Disney now owns.
73 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 17
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 14
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy