Rank Christopher Nolan's Current Film Catalog

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which is your favorite Nolan movie ??
Following 0 0%
Memento 23 15.03%
Insomnia 0 0%
Batman Begins 3 1.96%
The Prestige 19 12.42%
The Dark Knight 50 32.68%
Inception 32 20.92%
The Dark Knight Rises 26 16.99%
Voters: 153. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #101
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,781 | Props total: 2261 2261
 youknowmystelo said:
You're an imbecile, there's no reason for any of us to take you serious.
shut the fu*k up you alias a.ss bi*ch. Your constant c*ck sucking of Kubrick and bashing of other talented directors make you the BX movie section idiot. Your thoughts are a rehash of smokeweed and armond white's opinions.
 08-02-2012, 09:18 PM         #102
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee said:
shut the fu*k up you alias a.ss bi*ch. Your constant c*ck sucking of Kubrick and bashing of other talented directors make you the BX movie section idiot. Your thoughts are a rehash of smokeweed and armond white's opinions.
 5 years ago '07        #103
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,776 | Props total: 1305 1305
The dark Knight rises
the dark Knight
Batman begins
the prestige
Inception
Memento
Insomnia

Haven't seen the following.
 08-02-2012, 10:19 PM         #104
crackberryaddik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
His growth is evident from Memento to DKR. Overall Id give him a 9/10.
 08-02-2012, 10:34 PM         #105
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
I'd rather watch the majority of Nolan's films right now then I would The Godfather, any day of the week. So would the vast majority of people I know.

Chill son...
 5 years ago '07        #106
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,664 | Props total: 4411 4411
Inception >>> This List
 5 years ago '04        #107
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
I don't love or hate Nolan, when he makes a good movie, I appreciate it for what it is and move on.. But come the fu*k on.. Dude is not as good as Kubrick or even close.

I do think Nolan waters down his movies for public consumption, but to be successful in the box office, you almost have to do it these days.

He's got a lot of fascinating & complex themes to his movies, but the script and the overall direction he takes his movies to appeal to a broader audience can be disappointing and you could call it lazy filmmaking.

Last edited by A.G; 08-03-2012 at 12:47 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #108
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 aclockworkred71 said:
What does him being in the scene matter? The movie never established a reality vs non reality, it began and finished from an unreliable, unstable subjective reality, what we are referring to as a dream. The scenes people point to as reality hold the same 'rules' and structure of the dream world, it isn't spelled out but it's not complicated and a deep film shouldn't attempt to spell out to its viewer.
How then can that be a scene stemming from an unreliable narrator if he's not the one telling the story at that particular time?

Ex. Eaves told the story of Fischer's family situation. Eaves was in the scene observing/gathering info about Fischer. All of that was revealed by Eaves from his POV, Cobb was only there during the debriefing. Therefore, Eaves observing/gathering was his reality, not Cobb's.

Its makes absolutely no sense for Cobb to be speaking/dreaming for EVERYONE else in the movie even if he's not there. That's stupid. If that is the case, then I would agree that Nolan is a charlatan for that. But that isnt the case.
 5 years ago '09        #109
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
STelo still acting like a wanna be critic?

Wonder which next 1940 movie he's gonna rate 10/10 Smh
 08-03-2012, 08:44 AM         #110
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hope whoever is the next person to attempt to insult me with tired-out inaccuracies at least types with a hint of education.
 5 years ago '04        #111
psylence2k 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
space
$12,791 | Props total: 1796 1796
Wow, I'm really surprised at how diverse the replies are. pretty cool

I also ran into this the other day

Christopher Nolan Blu-Ray Collectors Box Set

[pic - click to view]

They should've replaced Insomnia with The Prestige though
 5 years ago '07        #112
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,772 | Props total: 14586 14586
 A.G said:
I don't love or hate Nolan, when he makes a good movie, I appreciate it for what it is and move on.. But come the fu*k on.. Dude is not as good as Kubrick or even close.

I do think Nolan waters down his movies for public consumption, but to be successful in the box office, you almost have to do it these days.

He's got a lot of fascinating & complex themes to his movies, but the script and the overall direction he takes his movies to appeal to a broader audience can be disappointing and you could call it lazy filmmaking.

Besides Memento and Insomnia he dumbs down A LOT of his mainstream sh*t. Inception he explained what it was like 4 times in the movie . The Prestige revealed the twist super early... etc... He still a good film maker. I love how technically sound he is. I'm not a Nolanite though.
 5 years ago '07        #113
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,772 | Props total: 14586 14586
 psylence2k said:
Wow, I'm really surprised at how diverse the replies are. pretty cool

I also ran into this the other day

Christopher Nolan Blu-Ray Collectors Box Set

[pic - click to view]

They should've replaced Insomnia with The Prestige though
Naw Insomnia is better.
 5 years ago '04        #114
space
space
space
 TH35 said:
Naw Insomnia is better.
I've actually never seen it but I just a.ssumed it wasn't on par with the rest since the majority of the people in here have it below The Prestige or even at the bottom of their list.

and out of almost 150 votes not even 1 person voted for it versus almost at least 20 people voting for The Prestige.
 5 years ago '09        #115
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,898 | Props total: 14002 14002
 psylence2k said:
I've actually never seen it but I just a.ssumed it wasn't on par with the rest since the majority of the people in here have it below The Prestige or even at the bottom of their list.

and out of almost 150 votes not even 1 person voted for it versus almost at least 20 people voting for The Prestige.
I think it's better than the prestige. Robin Williams is just an incredible actor. I think insomnia is Nolan's highest rated film on rotten tomatoes too. Tdk might be higher, but insomnia's up there. I really enjoyed the prestige, but hated the ending.
 5 years ago '07        #116
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,338 | Props total: 380 380
 TH35 said:
Memento hands down...
co-sign. it's not even close. memento was genius.
 5 years ago '05        #117
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7083 7083
 circleofpurple said:
I think it's better than the prestige. Robin Williams is just an incredible actor. I think insomnia is Nolan's highest rated film on rotten tomatoes too. Tdk might be higher, but insomnia's up there. I really enjoyed the prestige, but hated the ending.
TDK is higher.

5 years ago '05        #118
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,994 | Props total: 1316 1316
Memento
Following
TDK
Batman Begins
Inception
TDKR
Insomnia
The Prestige

Thats my list, I just love Memento and The Following, all his movies are good though.
 5 years ago '04        #119
space
space
space
Just as a head's up , I went to Sam's Club the other day and picked up the Inception Blu-Ray for $7.98

I thought it was just the standard one disc for $7 bucks but I opened it up to find it was a 3 disc joint.

- Inception ( Blu-Ray )
- Special Features (Blu-Ray)
- Inception (DVD Copy)
- AND a code for the digital copy inside ( the expiration date is in 2011 but the site tells you it's extended through 2013 )

just thought I'd give yall the heads up on a good deal ( I haven't seen one other site including Wal-Mart or Amazon with that cheap a deal for the 3-disc. )

Oh yea they also had the Dark Knight and Batman Begins Blu-Ray for the same price, I a.ssume those are all the same 3 disc plus digital copy package as well.

It also came with a $5.00 off to see the Dark Knight Rises but the sticker expired on the 5th a few days ago. If I could've utilized that, it would've been the most epic deal I've ever gotten on a Blu-Ray purchase for everything I got in the package.

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-08-2012 at 12:55 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
54 comments
1 day ago