Rank Christopher Nolan's Current Film Catalog

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
173 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which is your favorite Nolan movie ??
Following 0 0%
Memento 23 15.03%
Insomnia 0 0%
Batman Begins 3 1.96%
The Prestige 19 12.42%
The Dark Knight 50 32.68%
Inception 32 20.92%
The Dark Knight Rises 26 16.99%
Voters: 153. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-02-2012, 03:12 PM         #81
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aclockworkred71 said:
He's serious, he has no respect for real cinema.

I rated independently you are the clown saying its tied for last, how you know tdkr isn't his worst? I wouldn't be surprised. But you can't even sit through a foreign film so your opinion is pointless. Get over it tdk sucked.
Its by far his worst as its a conventional Hollywood cop-out to a tee. Those five movies Nolan listed as his motivations to TDKR is a lie he just watched the Saw series.
 5 years ago '05        #82
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7115 7115
 youknowmystelo said:
Come on, Rep, you're better than that.
I'm not saying any of those movies are better than The Godfather. But if you're asking me to sit down and watch any one of them right now? I am picking one of Nolan's films, 10 times out of 10.

aclockworkred71 said:
He's serious, he has no respect for real cinema.

I rated independently you are the clown saying its tied for last, how you know tdkr isn't his worst? I wouldn't be surprised. But you can't even sit through a foreign film so your opinion is pointless. Get over it tdk sucked.
What are you even talking about right now? You had two movie's on your list as 6/10's, meaning it is a fact that using your rating scale you had TDK and Insomnia tied for last of Nolan's films from the ones you listed.

at TDK sucked. You're so cool.

PS: I watch foreign movie's and have rated them on several occasions in the Rate The Last Movie thread, dumb a.ss.
 5 years ago '05        #83
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 aclockworkred71 said:
The entire film was a dream, we covered this 2 years ago.
No. The "totem" falls numerous times except the end. If that's the case, and Cobb is dreaming the whole time, then the whole movie is crap, because the logic and basis of that totem would not be meaningful.

So no. Whoever came up with that is wrong, and if that's what you think then I could see why you would think its a mediocre movie.
 5 years ago '05        #84
space
space
 aclockworkred71 said:
I didn't say it was crap and dream/no dream isn't the basis, the script writing is insulting and my interpretation is what it is, I haven seen it in a while but it never established a non dream reality from the beginning, the view is from an unreliable nararator in Cobb so what are we even basing reality on?

Yes I rated tdk a 6, who cares but your bitter a.ss? You like batman and that's fine, no fu*ks will be given. The pub will hype you up as that's your basis of opinion, I study the film on my own judgement not hype fu*k off.

I like plenty of unpopular movies and hate plenty of popular movies. I don't just go with the general consensus, ever. I don't intentionally go against the general consensus like you do, either.
 08-02-2012, 05:25 PM         #85
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I never go against the general consensus just for the sakes of it when i do there is always plausible reasoning behind it.

Those who use the Armond White slant against me is just based on pure mental laziness and inaccuracy at that. I don't remember the last time when he has changed my view on a movie, i just exchange ideas and move along.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 08-02-2012 at 05:29 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #86
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2535 2535
Didn't see Following or Insomina so I'll rank the ones I saw (of course),

I'll start with the Batman trilogy,

Batman Begins: 8/ 10

Batman: The Dark Knight: 9.5/ 10

Batman: The Dark Knight Rises: 8.5/ 10

---

Momento: 9/ 10

Inception: 9/ 10

The Prestige: 9/ 10
 5 years ago '05        #87
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 aclockworkred71 said:
I didn't say it was crap and dream/no dream isn't the basis, the script writing is insulting and my interpretation is what it is, I haven seen it in a while but it never established a non dream reality from the beginning, the view is from an unreliable nararator in Cobb so what are we even basing reality on?

Yes I rated tdk a 6, who cares but your bitter a.ss? You like batman and that's fine, no fu*ks will be given. The pub will hype you up as that's your basis of opinion, I study the film on my own judgement not hype fu*k off.
There were parts of the movie that WERE NOT from Cobb's POV.
So if Cobb is the unreliable narrator like you say and that's your logic, then how can an explanation of the totem occur without him even being in the scene?
 08-02-2012, 05:37 PM         #88
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bobby's World said:
There were parts of the movie that WERE NOT from Cobb's POV.
So if Cobb is the unreliable narrator like you say and that's your logic, then how can an explanation of the totem occur without him even being in the scene?
Nolan compromised his artist integrity for mainstream success. fu*k him.

Praising sell-outs is now what's good?
 5 years ago '08        #89
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23354 23354
The dark knight
The prestige
Batman begins

The rest are in limbo
 5 years ago '05        #90
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
Oh damn. Its like that? That's what I'm talking bout just say what you really feel, Dont nit pick and point out minor fallacies from sequences. Just keep it 100 and say you dont like dude. LOL!
 08-02-2012, 05:49 PM         #91
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bobby's World said:
Oh damn. Its like that? That's what I'm talking bout just say what you really feel, Dont nit pick and point out minor fallacies from sequences. Just keep it 100 and say you dont like dude. LOL!
TDK allowed him to do both because it is essential a Hollywood film that allowed him to do what he does best and that is create pathology characters and psychology suffering. He could of had his cake and ate it too.
 5 years ago '07        #92
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
 youknowmystelo said:

@ you piggybacking everything clockwork says... like clockwork.

Out of pure curiosity, with which film did Nolan "sell-out"?

And don't just pick a random film from the list, give logical reasoning... which you constantly (have to) remind us you have.

I love it... anyone obtains commercial success these days, and their dubbed a sell-out by default. I guess no one should aspire to sell tickets, just make movies and hold on to the hope pretentious forum critics will adore.
 5 years ago '05        #93
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:

08-02-2012, 06:08 PM         #94
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bleezy said:
@ you piggybacking everything clockwork says... like clockwork.

Out of pure curiosity, with which film did Nolan "sell-out"?

And don't just pick a random film from the list, give logical reasoning... which you constantly (have to) remind us you have.

I love it... anyone obtains commercial success these days, and their dubbed a sell-out by default. I guess no one should aspire to sell tickets, just make movies and hold on to the hope pretentious forum critics will adore.
at you thinking you're witty with that clockwork punchline.

He sold out with Inception, obviously. Then, again with the PoS TDKR. In which, these two movies you can see the decline of intelligent concern for his audience.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 08-02-2012 at 06:11 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #95
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
 youknowmystelo said:
at you thinking you're witty with that clockwork punchline.

He sold out with Inception, obviously. Then, again with the PoS TDKR. In which, these two movies you can see the decline of intelligent concern for his audience.
Focusing on Inception, what about it (particular plot-point(s), scenes, etc.?) lead you to make this statement?
 08-02-2012, 06:27 PM         #96
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bleezy said:
Focusing on Inception, what about it (particular plot-point(s), scenes, etc.?) lead you to make this statement?
The whole second half where it turns into mind-numbing glib.
 08-02-2012, 07:07 PM         #97
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another "Nolan" Thread filled with Posts by smokeweed & Stelo(people who don't like his films, but can't stop talking about him)????

Na, can't be.
 5 years ago '04        #98
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Memento - 9/10
The Dark Knight - 9/10
The Dark Knight Rises 8.5/10
Inception - 11/10
The Prestige - 8.5/10
Batman Begins 8/10
Insomnia 7/10
 5 years ago '06        #99
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
Smokeweed and Stelo are the same person and both are dumbass wannabe film buffs that d!ck ride the most overrated director of all time.

Nolan is on pace to be the future GOAT possibly taking that honor from Scorsese.
 08-02-2012, 08:07 PM         #100
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee said:
Smokeweed and Stelo are the same person and both are dumbass wannabe film buffs that d!ck ride the most overrated director of all time.

Nolan is on pace to be the future GOAT possibly taking that honor from Scorsese.
 modalee said:
Nolan>Kubrick

get mad bi*ch. and it's not even close.
You're an imbecile, there's no reason for any of us to take you serious.
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy