Jul 31 - Photo of boy in public housing with an iPad prompts debate over what the poor should have

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
88 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
222 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
45 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-02-2012, 08:56 PM         #161
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let the government cut a.ssistance and let's go to war. They'll win, but fu*k it, what are they waiting for? Let's get it over with.

The government actually care just a little though.
 08-03-2012, 02:14 PM         #162
keemibus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im not furious im make good money...the dude who said we all pay taxes cause we buy stuff...we are paying the people on the government system taxes cause we pay for their stuff cause we pay taxesand they dont...i understand people go through hard time and economy is tough for jobs now but how is living off the government and selling drugs a legit hustle...the government should drug test everyone on the system just like we get drug tested to get a job and there should be job placement also...dont get me started on free health care when we pay an arm and a leg for it
 08-03-2012, 08:45 PM         #163
whyarguewithgod  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 keemibus said:
im not furious im make good money...the dude who said we all pay taxes cause we buy stuff...we are paying the people on the government system taxes cause we pay for their stuff cause we pay taxesand they dont...i understand people go through hard time and economy is tough for jobs now but how is living off the government and selling drugs a legit hustle...the government should drug test everyone on the system just like we get drug tested to get a job and there should be job placement also...dont get me started on free health care when we pay an arm and a leg for it

Finally someone wit a decent arguement....But say you lose your job, your mortgage is coming up, your unemployment check is final, and you only got months to your bank account depletes....Who you gonna call? your parents if they;re well off I suppose but if not your only option is good ol big brother. And most legit certified non nickel and dime bag sellers dont depend on the government sir. But as far as drug testing goes......I guess you got a valid fu*king point. And the healthcare has been fu*kd up that has nothing to do with the new obamacare, I wish people would quit saying that shyt...This is something new their trying, at least give it time to run its course before yall burn it to ground. Hell, we was on the road to eternal debt with the old plan and medicine prices was lookin like transplant prices....Give him a break.
 08-03-2012, 10:16 PM         #164
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let's go to war.
 08-04-2012, 06:36 AM         #165
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 keemibus said:
Lack of education leads to poverty period. Not everyone who lives in these areas are on welfare or sells drugs, some work they just dont have the skills to get good paying jobs. But it dont take a genius to make it out projects.
 08-04-2012, 08:49 AM         #166
keemibus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whyarguewithgod said:
Finally someone wit a decent arguement....But say you lose your job, your mortgage is coming up, your unemployment check is final, and you only got months to your bank account depletes....Who you gonna call? your parents if they;re well off I suppose but if not your only option is good ol big brother. And most legit certified non nickel and dime bag sellers dont depend on the government sir. But as far as drug testing goes......I guess you got a valid fu*king point. And the healthcare has been fu*kd up that has nothing to do with the new obamacare, I wish people would quit saying that shyt...This is something new their trying, at least give it time to run its course before yall burn it to ground. Hell, we was on the road to eternal debt with the old plan and medicine prices was lookin like transplant prices....Give him a break.
if u lose ur job it take a while to get on welfare cause it goes by what u made in the previous months...i drive through the hood almost everyday and stop at the store and almost everyone i see on food stamps to me just look lazy and want a free ride...but for granted i dont know what they are going through and hope they pull out of it eventually...i just dont understand why a family who makes under $50000 a year is just making it by and might not have the best health care when someone on the system is also just making it by but have free health care and food
 5 years ago '08        #167
bewley 27 heat pts27
space
space
$448 | Props total: 0 0
He prolly stole it...
 5 years ago '06        #168
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,375 | Props total: 4645 4645
LMAO.....the a.ssumptions continue...

So ALL poor people are poor because they waste money and bullsh*t? Or are poor because they're uneducated? Sounds like people who truly don't understand the complexities of people who actually come from that circumstance.

If you think every single person receiving government a.ssistance is lazy and leeching then you're not seeing the whole picture. Yes, of course there are abuses of the system. Others legitimately need the help and are making efforts to get off it. And for others, I imagine is simply a rational choice. If you are under-skilled, in your 50s, and know you can live more comfortably claiming your SSI benefits rather then getting a minimum wage job that earns you less or the same but with hard labor and lower quality of life...I can see why a person would choose the other . I can't speak on other places but in California if you're receiving benefits you can't even have no more than $2,000 saved or in a.ssets. If you do they start stripping away your benefits.

There are things you cannot even begin to understand, endless variables and reasons a person legitimately cannot lift themselves out of poverty. To pass them off as "not trying hard enough" is overlooking how LUCKY you are to have not come from that position. Some of you have got out of the hood, and even still, not everyone in the hood is created equal. You can owe some of your success to yourself but a good portion was just random; you happened to be there at the right time. Don't be so fooled. These are the same people thinking they're successful investment bankers because they have some kind of supreme knowledge.

When life happens, when sh*t happens...that affects the poor ten fold. Your car breaks down and it can be an inconvenience. For a poor family it completely disrupts their lifestyle. Hell, a parking ticket, a rise in public transportation prices, emergencies....basically UNPLANNED sh*t can seriously disrupt the economic welfare of a household...things that to many of you are just annoyances, inconveniences, etc. It's called a cycle of poverty for a reason, not a cycle of laziness. I bet there are poor people right now making sacrifices you would never make. A lot of poor people make rational decisions, you don't get it. Many of you make irrational decisions on the daily and waste your money, the reason you don't "feel" it is because you have just enough financial cushion to cloud your judgement and hide your bad decisions. You're kidding yourselves, really. You look down on other people's misfortune because you were able to land a great job not knowing the person who hired you did so because you reminded them of someone they liked. Human beings have irrational behavior, you don't think that sometimes that plays in your favor? You would be truly blind and smug to not think otherwise.

The reason I have a strong opinion on this is because I work with low income families. My job is in a.sset building and development. I work with disinvested communities. I study profiles of the poor. I try to understand my demographic. I could go on and on, but ya'll aint hearing me...

All I'm saying is, think more critically...

Wouldn't hurt to take some economics courses
 08-04-2012, 10:44 PM         #169
whyarguewithgod  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominicanLou said:
LMAO.....the a.ssumptions continue...

So ALL poor people are poor because they waste money and bullsh*t? Or are poor because they're uneducated? Sounds like people who truly don't understand the complexities of people who actually come from that circumstance.

If you think every single person receiving government a.ssistance is lazy and leeching then you're not seeing the whole picture. Yes, of course there are abuses of the system. Others legitimately need the help and are making efforts to get off it. And for others, I imagine is simply a rational choice. If you are under-skilled, in your 50s, and know you can live more comfortably claiming your SSI benefits rather then getting a minimum wage job that earns you less or the same but with hard labor and lower quality of life...I can see why a person would choose the other . I can't speak on other places but in California if you're receiving benefits you can't even have no more than $2,000 saved or in a.ssets. If you do they start stripping away your benefits.

There are things you cannot even begin to understand, endless variables and reasons a person legitimately cannot lift themselves out of poverty. To pass them off as "not trying hard enough" is overlooking how LUCKY you are to have not come from that position. Some of you have got out of the hood, and even still, not everyone in the hood is created equal. You can owe some of your success to yourself but a good portion was just random; you happened to be there at the right time. Don't be so fooled. These are the same people thinking they're successful investment bankers because they have some kind of supreme knowledge.

When life happens, when sh*t happens...that affects the poor ten fold. Your car breaks down and it can be an inconvenience. For a poor family it completely disrupts their lifestyle. Hell, a parking ticket, a rise in public transportation prices, emergencies....basically UNPLANNED sh*t can seriously disrupt the economic welfare of a household...things that to many of you are just annoyances, inconveniences, etc. It's called a cycle of poverty for a reason, not a cycle of laziness. I bet there are poor people right now making sacrifices you would never make. A lot of poor people make rational decisions, you don't get it. Many of you make irrational decisions on the daily and waste your money, the reason you don't "feel" it is because you have just enough financial cushion to cloud your judgement and hide your bad decisions. You're kidding yourselves, really. You look down on other people's misfortune because you were able to land a great job not knowing the person who hired you did so because you reminded them of someone they liked. Human beings have irrational behavior, you don't think that sometimes that plays in your favor? You would be truly blind and smug to not think otherwise.

The reason I have a strong opinion on this is because I work with low income families. My job is in a.sset building and development. I work with disinvested communities. I study profiles of the poor. I try to understand my demographic. I could go on and on, but ya'll aint hearing me...

All I'm saying is, think more critically...

Wouldn't hurt to take some economics courses

I think that about wraps this thread up.

5 years ago '10        #170
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
 Binah said:
Indeed

precisely
 5 years ago '10        #171
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 DominicanLou said:
When life happens, when sh*t happens...that affects the poor ten fold. Your car breaks down and it can be an inconvenience. For a poor family it completely disrupts their lifestyle. Hell, a parking ticket, a rise in public transportation prices, emergencies....basically UNPLANNED sh*t can seriously disrupt the economic welfare of a household...
So you buy an iPad?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
44 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
95 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
23 hours ago