Jul 31 - Photo of boy in public housing with an iPad prompts debate over what the poor should have

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #141
TheKastOne 
space
space
$2,083 | Props total: 270 270
 Jussn Kredible said:
n*gga wut in the mutherfu*kin hell are u even beginning to talk about? the ipad is a mini computer, it wud open up all types of new doors for this kid, jus by bein able to search the net with safari..even further, go into the app store and see how many educational apps there are for kids..if ur dumbass uses it to play angry birds, keep it to urself
LOL. True that.

On another note, I do see escalades and denalis at low income housing areas, I just like dizaaaaaaaaamn.
 5 years ago '11        #142
mexcellente86 
space
space
$802 | Props total: 281 281
 mayday20 said:
You two are the only ones that have mentioned race. I don't agree with the premise of the article, but do we need another damn bi*ch fest about the white man/devil/cac/honkey/any other term that's acceptable on this site "holding you down?" The article is about people living off of public a.ssistance having luxuries. If I recall, many a thread has been made on this very site with statistics showing there are more whites on welfare than blacks, so pick your poison.

Seriously, every thread does not have to be a race war. Yes, the picture is of a black kid...I get it. However, you two are baiting and you know it. GROW THE fu*k UP.

.....maybe he's South American. Some Dominican people look black. Look at Samy Sosa. Not now of course, but ya know, back in day.
 08-02-2012, 02:23 PM         #143
KingoBling  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:
It's more whites on welfare in America, you don't think they have ipads, ps3s, and rims? Wake up!

Ever seen the documentary The Wonderful Whites of West Virginia? They can make that same movie in all 50 states. Look at how they spend their welfare.

Shoot-outs, robberies, gas-huffing , drug dealing, pill popping, murders, and tap dancing - what do these all have in common? These are just a few of the parts of being a member of the Wild and Wonderful White Family.
man all the poor jobless people come in here claiming its about race, but its got fu*k all to do with that to educated none bigots.

its about how these people (on welfare, not blacks) continue to make the same poor financial decisions they've always made, and thats why they are doomed to a life on welfare and in social housing their whole lives.

if you put 500 dollars in a bank, it collects interest, if you buy an iPad, the second you open it, you have lost money.
 5 years ago '04        #144
Jussn Kredible 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,409 | Props total: 58 58
^^^cuz the interest on $500 is gonna get u outta financial hardships...riiiiiiiiiiight u cant even buy a bag of chips on the interest ur gonna get off $500
 5 years ago '10        #145
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Jussn Kredible said:
^^^cuz the interest on $500 is gonna get u outta financial hardships...riiiiiiiiiiight u cant even buy a bag of chips on the interest ur gonna get off $500
Please tell me you're joking.

You have to take into account that you've saved $500 dollars as opposed to having spent it on sh*t you don't need.

Last i checked +$500 was better than -$500.. No?

Interest is just icing on the cake..
 5 years ago '08        #146
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
a lot worse decisions are made by people with millions/billions so why are we worried about "the poor" all of a sudden

[pic - click to view]

08-02-2012, 02:41 PM         #147
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is bs. Rich (White) people need to calm the F down. Everyday I see rich White people in the Financial district here in NY drive out of these parking lots in cars that are worth no less than 100k. Given that Wall street criminals are to blame for our country's current financial state, should I a.ssume that their material goods were ill-gotten therefore making them wrong for owning it?

Even if this child's parents bought him an iPad, who the fu*k cares? Is this child not worthy of having a fair chance in the future. By the comments made, the haves want to make sure the have nots stay that way for generations to come. disgusting and UnAmerican
 5 years ago '04        #148
Jussn Kredible 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,409 | Props total: 58 58
 TheMindOf said:
Please tell me you're joking.

You have to take into account that you've saved $500 dollars as opposed to having spent it on sh*t you don't need.

Last i checked +$500 was better than -$500.. No?

Interest is just icing on the cake..
im not joking at all..im sayin wtf is $500 gonna do for u as a poor person...wut exactly are going to do with $500 thas gonna make ur situation better..u gonna buy an apartment wit that? a house? u gonna buy a car? u gonna put ur kid thru college with $500?

with the interest of making it $505.43, thas gonna make it better? people need more than $500 to make it out of financial hardships bruh..need proof? look wut the stimulus did..n*ggas is still broke
 08-02-2012, 02:53 PM         #149
keemibus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its not racial at all...when some comes in a grocery store to cash their and their kids ssi checks and pay for their food with stamps with the newest sh*t on and the big escalade thats f*cked up...cause if their getting ssi and stamps then theyre most like on section 8...when a normal person is working 40 hr a week at an average 10.00 an hr can not afford that sh*t...now ive seen it with all races and i used to live in the hood
 5 years ago '10        #150
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Jussn Kredible said:
im not joking at all..im sayin wtf is $500 gonna do for u as a poor person...wut exactly are going to do with $500 thas gonna make ur situation better..u gonna buy an apartment wit that? a house? u gonna buy a car? u gonna put ur kid thru college with $500?

with the interest of making it $505.43, thas gonna make it better? people need more than $500 to make it out of financial hardships bruh..need proof? look wut the stimulus did..n*ggas is still broke
THIS right here is exactly the problem with the poor mentality. If you think like that you will never acquire ANYTHING.

People don't realize that you don't fix a situation like poverty overnight.. You acquire financial independence over time. So $500 isn't the solution but it's a start.

Start with $500 and keep saving and adding to it, next thing you know you have $1000 and so forth. The more you save the more independent you become.

If every time you get a chunk of change you just spend it because "this $500 won't get me out the hood", You will never have anything.

The people who have money from what I've experienced are people who live modestly, have saving plans (even if its on $25 a week), and won't hesitate to storm into a bank and argue over how come their check register is off my 13 cents. Those are the people who you look into their account and see stacks that they have saved over years.

Poor people buy things they don't need and have never learned how to save efficiently..
 5 years ago '05        #151
chi town hustla 194 heat pts194
space
space
$18,149 | Props total: 19852 19852
 keemibus said:
its not racial at all...when some comes in a grocery store to cash their and their kids ssi checks and pay for their food with stamps with the newest sh*t on and the big escalade thats f*cked up...cause if their getting ssi and stamps then theyre most like on section 8...when a normal person is working 40 hr a week at an average 10.00 an hr can not afford that sh*t...now ive seen it with all races and i used to live in the hood
thats the person making 10hr fault get a new job that pays more or get on government aid since they are so envious of how the person on aid is living
the solutions are simple...........
[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #152
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,477 | Props total: 16296 16296
 chi town hustla said:
thats the person making 10hr fault get a new job that pays more or get on government aid since they are so envious of how the person on aid is living
the solutions are simple...........
[pic - click to view]

Envious would mean the guy working for 10hr is jealous that the ppl are taking advantage of the system that he helps provide. Him being described as furious would be a better term.

2 wrong don't make a right....
But hell wall street hustle the system why not let little man eat also
 5 years ago '05        #153
chi town hustla 194 heat pts194
space
space
$18,149 | Props total: 19852 19852
 keemibus said:
 killadre said:

Envious would mean the guy working for 10hr is jealous that the ppl are taking advantage of the system that he helps provide. Him being described as furious would be a better term.

2 wrong don't make a right....
But hell wall street hustle the system why not let little man eat also
envious means that he is jealous of the lifestyle they are living

everybody pays taxes anyway
you pay taxes on whatever you buy from the store from a shirt to a car
 5 years ago '11        #154
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,405 | Props total: 3890 3890
 ManWithoutFear! said:
I grew up in the P's

We had alotta fly sh*t.

Alotta that sh*t was stolen. Lol
lol good point
 5 years ago '06        #155
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,377 | Props total: 4651 4651
A lot of a.ssumptions being made here. Like everyone who's poor got there because of bad money management or not trying hard enough or whatever . You all must not live in real life...where sh*t happens. I do financial counseling and a lot of low income people are GREAT money managers because they gotta make it work on close to nothing. But somehow they still get their basic needs met. They're very resourceful. When things go right people want to claim they had everything to do with it. When things go wrong, they blame everything but them. Don't get it twisted, you're not that far removed from those people. Yea, you had a hand in your good fortune, but don't think being in the right place at the right time didn't have a hand in it also.

For all you know this iPad could be the only luxury item this kid has received in years. How do you know it's not shared by the family?
 5 years ago '04        #156
ShadyGirl420 
space
space
$1,565 | Props total: 2 2
 zogby said:
It has educational uses
exactly.
 08-02-2012, 07:29 PM         #157
whyarguewithgod  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I cant believe so called civilized human being are arguing over a child owning a ipad in the hood. Are we truly at that point now. Where the people with jobs making little to nothing and pay a SMALL PORTION of taxes that actually go to poor are bi*ching. Yea the shyt adds up over time, so does pennies a day. Yea a large amount of taxes go to state tax but a small amount is distirbuted to the poor is considering the number of poor people or lower class people their are in todays society. Middle class folks and lower class folks (which majority of BX are ) need to wake up. Quit beliving this right wing propaganda. The fact is THE RICH AND WEALTHY are paying numbers that are mind blowing to lower class scum as they put it. But what yall need to realzie is yall just a heir fracture away from being layed off, gettin a diploma that leads nowhere thinking you went to school to get into a money making field, moving back home wit ya peeps so you can save up ya HARD EARNED MONEY as you put it just to move out.....Yall aint giving no 5 and 6 digit numbers to the poor. Some off yall female members are conteplating as we speak on whether or not working at Footlocker is paying better than having a baby wit Ray Ray the drugpin or Christian Grey the CEO and collecting child support.

The majority of the U.S aint shyt but peons compared to the wealthy and those who own a house in the burbs and drive a nice ride need to realize you are still middle class and look just as guilty as this lil hood nicca with the Ipad, when you drive around in a next year modeled vehicle making house owner payments but still living check to check because you're tryna live a lifestyle thats still outta your range but is still possible cause you can BARELY afford to do it. Shyt this nicca might have a rich grandmother is she supposed to supply them a better place of living so he wont be judged when using his christmas gift....
 08-02-2012, 07:34 PM         #158
whyarguewithgod  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominicanLou said:
A lot of a.ssumptions being made here. Like everyone who's poor got there because of bad money management or not trying hard enough or whatever . You all must not live in real life...where sh*t happens. I do financial counseling and a lot of low income people are GREAT money managers because they gotta make it work on close to nothing. But somehow they still get their basic needs met. They're very resourceful. When things go right people want to claim they had everything to do with it. When things go wrong, they blame everything but them. Don't get it twisted, you're not that far removed from those people. Yea, you had a hand in your good fortune, but don't think being in the right place at the right time didn't have a hand in it also.

For all you know this iPad could be the only luxury item this kid has received in years. How do you know it's not shared by the family?

Same point Im tryna make. The audacity that "poor people" aka middle class, with insurance have on this forum is mind blowing.
 5 years ago '04        #159
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,477 | Props total: 16296 16296
 chi town hustla said:
envious means that he is jealous of the lifestyle they are living

everybody pays taxes anyway
you pay taxes on whatever you buy from the store from a shirt to a car
The guy is furious that they're buying those things instead of paying there own rent and food.
I didn't pay taxes when I use to shop in Roseland
 5 years ago '11        #160
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,249 | Props total: 17687 17687
I wonder how much money it takes to build a bomb big enough to eradicate everyone in that part of town that is getting a.ssistance, compared to the amount of money that part of town actually receives in a.ssistance.

We all know what the American Gov't would rather pay for.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
113 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy