Jul 31 - Photo of boy in public housing with an iPad prompts debate over what the poor should have

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #121
htown 
space
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 767 767
lol crackas going ape sh*t in this thread...you can't tell sh*t from this photo...even if his family did get it so what? that might be that kid's only escape from his bad luck of the draw reality that he has...remember most of the time the only difference between you and someone like that kid is the fact you got lucky with the pus*y that you came out of...has nothing to do with you
 5 years ago '04        #122
htown 
space
space
space
 playamade56 said:
Now this is just crazy.. I take my daughter to my friend's place who stays in the section 8 housing in houston texas and she sits outside the door just like that playing on her Ipad or she will just sit on the trunk of my LEXUS or inside the back of my BENZ with the liftgate opened while playing on her Ipad. I wouldn't want someone to stroll along and take a picture of her and make up a story about the low income families without knowing the full story. When I saw the pic I said damn my daughter does the exact same thing and when I'm done dropping off items to my friend we leave. smh judge someone based off a picture. Also Ipads get stolen and resold at crackhead prices in every city just about being at the right place at the right time. smh
no one replied to this statement yet huh? hmmmm....wonder why....crackas don't love the air a n*gga breathe for real
 5 years ago '04        #123
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,613 | Props total: 1786 1786
so he supposed to be SO poor he cant sh*t of value?! Are u kidding me?! U act like u seen a n*gga in a fu*kin benz! fu*kin sad
 5 years ago '07        #124
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Can't believe this sh*t is a big deal. Let the little homie shine damn. Nosy mufu*kas.
 5 years ago '04        #125
smurfdoran 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$2,906 | Props total: 108 108
a picture that worth a thousand words.
 5 years ago '09        #126
jenlove21 
space
space
space
$1,080 | Props total: 0 0
LOL OF COURSE I GOT CRACKHEADS WANTIGN TO TRADE ME I PADS ALL THE TIME FOR DOPE!

HAPPENDS ALL THE TIME CCMON!!

I GOT LIKE 3 fu*kIN I PADS ALREADY !
 5 years ago '05        #127
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
The funny thing is that the politicians are getting more of our tax dollars to fly first class, ride in limos, stay at the most expensive hotels, private security, ect. A little bit of misdirection if you ask me.

The welfare system is broken but smh if anyone really thinks thats where all this money is going.
 5 years ago '04        #128
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 Fras1788 said:
They don't even know where or who he got it from. He could've gotten it from his rich grandma who disowned the kids mom, but though he should have something nice.

You just don't know. People are making a.ssumptions based on race and where he lives. He could've easily got it from any relative as a gift...

NWO comin though, if you're on food stamps or welfare, get ready because the government will begin to control EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of your life, and threaten to take away any a.ssistance that you might need if you don't follow their orders.

It's the same thing the US does with other countries with food and financial aid. We keep their balls in a vice, and as soon as they do one thing politically or legally (who defines legal) that the elites don't approve of, we take away their a.ssistance, people die and then we tighten the vice a little bit
More.

It's fu*king terrible now and will only get worse
i used to work construction, putting up low income buildings in yonkers, harlem, the bronx. most people are struggling to live, they make such a little income... which is why they get that housing in the first place. some of those apartments were loaded with sh*t though, high speed internet, big tvs, extravagant fish tanks... i was semi jealous. i live in bergen county nj, and even though its a much nicer area i could never afford the highest speed modem, or a big a.ss tv. i didnt get it...
 5 years ago '10        #129
ineedmusic23 2 heat pts
space
space
$775 | Props total: 152 152
this bi*ch is obviously racist.
 5 years ago '06        #130
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,538 | Props total: 957 957
 SpittN4Cash said:
they mad cuz they house is in foreclosure...

while shorty in the ghetto is taking instagram photos on his iPad
 5 years ago '10        #131
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,878 | Props total: 13678 13678
Am I missing some "luxurrious items in the pic? Not a ps3/xbox360, not Jordans on with Prada clothes on, nor a gun. A fu*king Ipad?! How about paying more attention to the meth problem in the suburban communities and the kids shooting up schools. Racist a.ss white bi*ch need to develop better writing skills anyway.

Fras1788 said:
I'M WHITE. Why don't you grow the fu*k up, and realize there's nothing but racists old fu*ks in congress, and in our government and accept that racism is a serious fu*king problem STILL in this country.

I had a buddy who lived in my town, and I worked with him (he was black, and died in a car accident a year ago ) I used to ride around with him in his car, and you'd see cops n sh*t just STARING at him.

I was like, "Dude you weren't fu*king kidding"

He said one day he got pulled over, and taken out of his car and a cop said to him,

"Whats that tattoo you got there on your arm? What gang sign is that?"

Johnny said, "That's my fu*king initials"

but racism is dead white man

TheMindOf said:

Thank You. I thought I was the only one with any sense in here.

I work for a Bank and YES, 90% of poor people are poor for a reason. They make horrible financial decisions.

It's always most evident during tax season. Im so tired of seeing people who struggle to pay their bills every month, get a tax return and the first thing they do is buy a Louis Vuitton bag or some rims.

Instead of using their money responsibly, they waste it and are right back struggling, overdrawing their account the next month.

It's sad really. Then I'm supposed to support these dummies with my tax dollars and they living more lavish than me.

Once I read you worked @ a bank

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #132
g0tt1 211 heat pts211
space
space
$8,986 | Props total: 1260 1260
He probably stole that Ipad.
 5 years ago '10        #133
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 VinceTran said:
Funny thing is... Ipad has no educational value.. at all. Maybe at a college level where you might use it for medical apps.

I've tried to use my ipad for school... but there is no way. Writing papers, reading books... you just can't on the ipad. It's made for pleasure. Let's be honest here, that kid was not using it for educational purposes ...
Right..

Don't mind these n*ggas.. They acting like if you give 10 kids (of any socioeconomic background) iPads to use, the first thing they gon do is start doing homework.

9 outta 10 of those kids gon be playing Angry Birds or watching "Toy Story" within 5 minutes. Its just how kids are.. It's not a bad thing. It just is what it is.

Either way, it's not about what the kid was using it for.. Thats not what people are concerned about. People are mad about people who are claiming to need government a.ssistance having more luxury amenities than people who work every day and struggle to stay off those programs rather than taking the easy way out.
 5 years ago '04        #134
htown 
space
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
Right..

Don't mind these n*ggas.. They acting like if you give 10 kids (of any socioeconomic background) iPads to use, the first thing they gon do is start doing homework.

9 outta 10 of those kids gon be playing Angry Birds or watching "Toy Story" within 5 minutes. Its just how kids are.. It's not a bad thing. It just is what it is.

Either way, it's not about what the kid was using it for.. Thats not what people are concerned about. People are mad about people who are claiming to need government a.ssistance having more luxury amenities than people who work every day and struggle to stay off those programs rather than taking the easy way out.
how do you know where he got it, or if he even lives there...I know plenty of people that didn't have much that got hand me down nice things...how do you know someone had a 1st gen went out and got the latest and just gave the old one away?
 5 years ago '04        #135
htown 
space
space
space
the funny thing is that white folks hate it when we apply a single event to the generalize the masses...I saw one of the those "Don't Renig in 2014" signs the other day...If someone would've taken the picture and alluded to white people in Texas....it would be a bunch bigoted and prejudiced people crying about generalizations.
 5 years ago '06        #136
LakerFan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,284 | Props total: 460 460
i can see where they are coming from though. my friend has 3 kids and doesnt get child support and works at the front desk of a hotel which doesnt pay much so she has food stamps. I bought her a coach bag for christmas and she always tells me she thinks the people think bad stuff about her cuz she is using food stamps but has a $300 coach bag on her arm.
 5 years ago '05        #137
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,918 | Props total: 1489 1489
How the fu*k they know where dude got the ipad from in the first place? n*gga might not even live there just visiting for all we know. Until u know where he got the ipad from u really cant say sh*t about the situation.
 5 years ago '06        #138
down2earth 18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,391 | Props total: 0 0
And the class wars begin....
 08-02-2012, 01:07 PM         #139
kevante  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blood Edge said:
The sterotype of a poor individual on govt a.ssistance is a.ssociated with African Americans despite the stats. Maybe you don't see it because your race is the established social norm, but everything in the United States is based upon race.

You honestly believe people would make the same a.ssumptions if it were a Caucasian child?
I'm not white and I think this is egocentric as fu*k

Racism is still alive, but not everything is about race. It's only about race to racists and certain people. And you thinking everything is about race, actually contributes to making it about race MUCH LIKE THIS THREAD = Self fullfilling prophecy.
 5 years ago '04        #140
Jussn Kredible 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,409 | Props total: 58 58
 VinceTran said:
Funny thing is... Ipad has no educational value.. at all. Maybe at a college level where you might use it for medical apps.

I've tried to use my ipad for school... but there is no way. Writing papers, reading books... you just can't on the ipad. It's made for pleasure. Let's be honest here, that kid was not using it for educational purposes ...
n*gga wut in the mutherfu*kin hell are u even beginning to talk about? the ipad is a mini computer, it wud open up all types of new doors for this kid, jus by bein able to search the net with safari..even further, go into the app store and see how many educational apps there are for kids..if ur dumbass uses it to play angry birds, keep it to urself
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
88 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
113 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy