Jul 31 - Photo of boy in public housing with an iPad prompts debate over what the poor should have

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
42 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #41
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 circleofpurple said:
I think what this article is saying is that why when this kid is poor is using an iPad which could of bought him school clothes and food. Poor people (of all races) tend to buy things they don't need in lew of things essential to life but then want to complain how poor they are. I hate when I see poor people wearing Jordan's. Or nice jewelry or have rims on their car. Don't complain about being poor if you're not gonna use your money responsibly. Maybe there's a reason they're poor, mismanagement of funds. I say this again, people of all races do this.

GetuOne said:
No they are saying that poor people are poor for a reason, they make bad financial decisions and we should be fronting our hard earned tax dollars towards a family that isn't going to put it to good use. I make 60k a year and I don't own a damn ipad. They need to make themselves aware of Maslow's Hierarchy of needs:

Thank You. I thought I was the only one with any sense in here.

I work for a Bank and YES, 90% of poor people are poor for a reason. They make horrible financial decisions.

It's always most evident during tax season. Im so tired of seeing people who struggle to pay their bills every month, get a tax return and the first thing they do is buy a Louis Vuitton bag or some rims.

Instead of using their money responsibly, they waste it and are right back struggling, overdrawing their account the next month.

It's sad really. Then I'm supposed to support these dummies with my tax dollars and they living more lavish than me.
 5 years ago '04        #42
LilEscobar 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,150 | Props total: 222 222
All the money the rich suck out of the system and people are worried about a 300 ipad? The money going to people abusing the welfare system doesnt amount to sh*t.
 5 years ago '06        #43
TheKastOne 
space
space
$2,082 | Props total: 270 270
 TheMindOf said:

Thank You. I thought I was the only one with any sense in here.

I work for a Bank and YES, 90% of poor people are poor for a reason. They make horrible financial decisions.

It's always most evident during tax season. Im so tired of seeing people who struggle to pay their bills every month, get a tax return and the first thing they do is buy a Louis Vuitton bag or some rims.

Instead of using their money responsibly, they waste it and are right back struggling, overdrawing their account the next month.

It's sad really. Then I'm supposed to support these dummies with my tax dollars and they living more lavish than me.
This is why I think working at banks lets you see way too much, I used to work at one too and I did my best not to make a.ssumptions or judge.

You sir are an as*hole. But I get what your sayin'
 5 years ago '06        #44
A.M.BESSA 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,878 | Props total: 973 973
so we really gonna sit here and debate why someone in the projects has a damn ipod ?

like dem sh*ts our maybachs

he gotta be on a list to cop one an sh*t

fu*k dis racist a.ss article an anyone dat agrees can die slow
 08-01-2012, 07:03 PM         #45
One Gud Cide  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Patrick Galooly said:
People do realize that most people in public housing with rims put them on 2000 $ cars right? So lets add it up 2000 for the car + 1500 for the rims = 3500$ are these people serious? So 3500 is > than a 20,000 car off the lot? They put rims on old cars their car rims included comes up to about a years worth of car payments on a ford focus.
vs buying a 2000 car and NOT buying rims. you make it sound like that's smart.
 08-01-2012, 07:05 PM         #46
ceo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I blame drake>>>> YOLO
 08-01-2012, 07:09 PM         #47
Lannister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the bad white man is still holding black people back
 5 years ago '09        #48
WILLIAM 49 heat pts49
space
space
space
$22,617 | Props total: 1795 1795
stolen from a white kid from the suburbs
 5 years ago '04        #49
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,323 | Props total: 2472 2472
sounds right poor shouldnt have anything and rich should dictate how little the middle class gets

5 years ago '07        #50
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
we gonna' twinkle toe of the fact that young n*gga just robbed this sh*t
 5 years ago '05        #51
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,887 | Props total: 5120 5120
So poor people cant have electronics... I know they cant afford it, but thats what credit is for.
 08-01-2012, 07:31 PM         #52
playamade56  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Now this is just crazy.. I take my daughter to my friend's place who stays in the section 8 housing in houston texas and she sits outside the door just like that playing on her Ipad or she will just sit on the trunk of my LEXUS or inside the back of my BENZ with the liftgate opened while playing on her Ipad. I wouldn't want someone to stroll along and take a picture of her and make up a story about the low income families without knowing the full story. When I saw the pic I said damn my daughter does the exact same thing and when I'm done dropping off items to my friend we leave. smh judge someone based off a picture. Also Ipads get stolen and resold at crackhead prices in every city just about being at the right place at the right time. smh
 5 years ago '04        #53
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
space
$10,387 | Props total: 28 28
why they aint ask why dude was in the background with cement 4's he could had sold for A down payment on a small home in this era to A dumb a.ss hypebeast?
another way to make us hate 1 and other....
 5 years ago '05        #54
TheChief 23 heat pts23
space
space
$6,181 | Props total: 9311 9311
But really now, I was at the grocery store and I see this bi*ch pay with $250+ dollars worth of groceries and is short 50 something cents and she is using EBT to pay for it and this bi*ch turns around and has the fu*king audacity to say "Can you pay for the rest, I'm a little short...".

I looked at this bi*ch like

I just payed for your whole god damn 2 carts and you want me to finish paying for the rest?

Meanwhile, the whole fu*king time she was on an iPhone.

This whole sh*t is fu*ked up. Never have I been so heated in my god damned life.

In short, yes. fu*k POOR PEOPLE. You fu*king lazy scumbag pieces of sh*ts.
 5 years ago '10        #55
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
 circleofpurple said:
I think what this article is saying is that why when this kid is poor is using an iPad which could of bought him school clothes and food. Poor people (of all races) tend to buy things they don't need in lew of things essential to life but then want to complain how poor they are. I hate when I see poor people wearing Jordan's. Or nice jewelry or have rims on their car. Don't complain about being poor if you're not gonna use your money responsibly. Maybe there's a reason they're poor, mismanagement of funds. I say this again, people of all races do this.
I totally agree
 5 years ago '08        #56
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,534 | Props total: 17167 17167
The latest Js are on the way, he will have Iphone 5 soon to
you ain't keeping the youth in the hood outdated
 5 years ago '08        #57
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,534 | Props total: 17167 17167
 TheChief said:
But really now, I was at the grocery store and I see this bi*ch pay with $250+ dollars worth of groceries and is short 50 something cents and she is using EBT to pay for it and this bi*ch turns around and has the fu*king audacity to say "Can you pay for the rest, I'm a little short...".

I just payed for your whole god damn 2 carts and you want me to finish paying for the rest?

This whole sh*t is fu*ked up. Never have I been so heated in my god damned life.

You should of fu*k her
 5 years ago '12        #58
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
Let the boy enjoy the only thing he has fun and entertaining

Homeboy loves the apple product
 08-01-2012, 07:50 PM         #59
ceo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheChief said:

So you payed for her groceries?

But yea reminds me of a time this n*gga came up begging for money to get something to eat...at that time I must have been more compassionate and offered to buy lunch at tacobell...this bi*ch n*gga said I don't like taco bell can we go to McDonalds...

fu*k that sh*t man u must not be starving. Another time someone came up asking if I could buy them gas so they could make it home. I just told him I didn't have any cash on me.

You're riding around in the parking lot asking people for gas money when you could be making your way to the house.

And why would a stranger ask someone to buy them groceries. They need to budget, stay within the fu*king budget or put something back! I had something similar happen to me. Some bi*ch asked me to pay for her sh*t. I thought, you came to Wal-mart to shop with no intentions of paying for it yourself? fu*k outta here. You gotta a better chance of shoplifting then getting money outta me for that sh*t.

Last edited by ceo; 08-01-2012 at 07:55 PM..
 08-01-2012, 07:51 PM         #60
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Prostyle said:
This some bullsh*t!

I have an iPad and my little sister has learned how to add subtract and read on this bi*ch! She's only 5, if anything they need to give every kid in the projects one loaded with educational sh*t
"them" folks won't like the sound of an educated project kid.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
154 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy