Jul 31 - Photo of boy in public housing with an iPad prompts debate over what the poor should have

most viewed right now
 79
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
95 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #21
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$34,389 | Props total: 13058 13058
i don't care what poor people have. generally, i would think they would prioritize better to satisfy lower order needs first, but i can understand wanting at least some luxuries in life to enjoy yourself.
 5 years ago '07        #22
placez 
space
space
space
$166 | Props total: 27 27
last easter Lucky Johnson, CEO of Big face records, hes played in a couple of movies,(hangover) gave away ipads in the hood and many other nice things, these kids in their lifetime they would have never could have afford
 08-01-2012, 02:49 PM         #23
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I grew up in the P's

We had alotta fly sh*t.










Alotta that sh*t was stolen. Lol
 5 years ago '04        #24
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,023 | Props total: 1850 1850
Damnit New Orleans!
 5 years ago '09        #25
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
avatar space
space
$7,911 | Props total: 14033 14033
I think what this article is saying is that why when this kid is poor is using an iPad which could of bought him school clothes and food. Poor people (of all races) tend to buy things they don't need in lew of things essential to life but then want to complain how poor they are. I hate when I see poor people wearing Jordan's. Or nice jewelry or have rims on their car. Don't complain about being poor if you're not gonna use your money responsibly. Maybe there's a reason they're poor, mismanagement of funds. I say this again, people of all races do this.
 5 years ago '11        #26
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
avatar space
space
$4,475 | Props total: 6 6
 megalomaniacal said:
So basically, poor people shouldnt have

anything of value. If we find you with

items we think you shouldnt possess, we

want you punished even further than

generational poverty.
No they are saying that poor people are poor for a reason, they make bad financial decisions and we should be fronting our hard earned tax dollars towards a family that isn't going to put it to good use. I make 60k a year and I don't own a damn ipad. They need to make themselves aware of Maslow's Hierarchy of needs:

 5 years ago '10        #27
daviddunn 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$2,782 | Props total: 2 2
what racist envy?

gift, ebay, previously owned, 99 dollar touchpad...599 ipad...who gives a fu**? Live in public housing and you are supposed to have this?


[pic - click to view]



Man, does this type of drivel p!ss me off?
 5 years ago '06        #28
TheKastOne 
space
avatar space
space
$2,083 | Props total: 270 270
 Blood Edge said:
The sterotype of a poor individual on govt a.ssistance is a.ssociated with African Americans despite the stats. Maybe you don't see it because your race is the established social norm, but everything in the United States is based upon race.

You honestly believe people would make the same a.ssumptions if it were a Caucasian child?
I think Mayday actually has a good point. But the overall scenario is fu*ked up.

Personally I don't belive this has to deal with race. If it said, "Black child has an Ipad, where'd he get it!?!" Then it'd be different. It is simply stating the low income a.ssistance vs necessity of an ipad.


Last edited by TheKastOne; 08-01-2012 at 04:43 PM..
 08-01-2012, 05:25 PM         #29
KingoBling  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
y'all are missing the point.


every year at my office we get lists from families who are poor, and live on welfare. every year the lists from kids ask for, xbox360 games, wii games, and ps3 games. whats disgutsing is the fact that this is on one list.

so this family that lives on welfare from the gov't, spends thousands of dollars on gaming consoles, instead of food and clothing?

its fu*ked up.


i stopped giving when i read what my money was actually going to. a kid wants some sock or shoes fine, but no kid getting CoD and GTA iv because they parents some bane on society
 5 years ago '08        #30
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,028 | Props total: 5088 5088
Imagines the first cracker noticing the young child has an iPad. After double checking to make sure his iPad is not missing, calls reported to complain. Why do white folk find it so damn hard to mind your own business?
 5 years ago '09        #31
DJ Geezy 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$2,393 | Props total: 207 207
 megalomaniacal said:
So basically, poor people shouldnt have

anything of value. If we find you with

items we think you shouldnt possess, we

want you punished even further than

generational poverty.
When you live off the fu*kin system...absolutely!

When you're in that situation and you're only "surviving" off the American working-class tax dollars through public a.ssistance then you should be forced to do what you are told and buy what you are allowed to. If you want expensive sh*t then get off the system, and go buy it. By having expensive things and being on welfare, it shows that you clearly don't need it. My tax dollars don't need to pay for perfectly capable peoples lifestyle because the mother is an irresponsible crackhead wh0ore that gets knocked up by other random unemployed "disabled" crackheads, or better yet an "unknown."

I work for my money and pay my taxes so I should be able to buy whatever the fu*k I want, if you receive public a.ssistance it should be going towards NECESSITIES and documented FAR MORE closely...not top of the line sh*t either. You are supposedly IN NEED. If your rent is being paid for, you get food stamps, cash a.ssistance, utilities paid for, and medical coverage then you are OWNED by the government. The problem is that there's so many scams around all these systems and people literally breed generations that live off this, and that's what it has turned into, a way of life. If you need it then that's fine, but nobody should be given decades of live for free passes.

Sad part is that we haven't even scratched the surface, seeing how out of hand this is all going to get with many more girls getting pregnant at a far younger age. Add to that the amount of refugees we have been bringing into the Country, then combine it with the current problems, and the welfare system has no positive future.

Then again who the fu*k is going to work for minimum wage when they can live off the system that pays better and has better benefits than an average middle-class job?
 5 years ago '06        #32
TheKastOne 
space
avatar space
space
$2,083 | Props total: 270 270
 KingoBling said:
y'all are missing the point.


every year at my office we get lists from families who are poor, and live on welfare. every year the lists from kids ask for, xbox360 games, wii games, and ps3 games. whats disgutsing is the fact that this is on one list.

so this family that lives on welfare from the gov't, spends thousands of dollars on gaming consoles, instead of food and clothing?

its fu*ked up.


i stopped giving when i read what my money was actually going to. a kid wants some sock or shoes fine, but no kid getting CoD and GTA iv because they parents some bane on society

Good point, but now look at what part of the pie chart is designated towards poor people. Safety nets, interest on national debt and defense.
 5 years ago '05        #33
chi town hustla 194 heat pts194
space
avatar space
space
$18,136 | Props total: 19825 19825
 DJ Geezy said:
When you live off the fu*kin system...absolutely!

When you're in that situation and you're only "surviving" off the American working-class tax dollars through public a.ssistance then you should be forced to do what you are told and buy what you are allowed to. If you want expensive sh*t then get off the system, and go buy it. By having expensive things and being on welfare, it shows that you clearly don't need it. My tax dollars don't need to pay for perfectly capable peoples lifestyle because the mother is an irresponsible crackhead wh0ore that gets knocked up by other random unemployed "disabled" crackheads, or better yet an "unknown."

I work for my money and pay my taxes so I should be able to buy whatever the fu*k I want, if you receive public a.ssistance it should be going towards NECESSITIES and documented FAR MORE closely...not top of the line sh*t either. You are supposedly IN NEED. If your rent is being paid for, you get food stamps, cash a.ssistance, utilities paid for, and medical coverage then you are OWNED by the government. The problem is that there's so many scams around all these systems and people literally breed generations that live off this, and that's what it has turned into, a way of life. If you need it then that's fine, but nobody should be given decades of live for free passes.

Sad part is that we haven't even scratched the surface, seeing how out of hand this is all going to get with many more girls getting pregnant at a far younger age. Add to that the amount of refugees we have been bringing into the Country, then combine it with the current problems, and the welfare system has no positive future.

Then again who the fu*k is going to work for minimum wage when they can live off the system that pays better and has better benefits than an average middle-class job?
dont hate the player hate the game.....................
 5 years ago '05        #34
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
i kinda see the point, u cant afford to eat, but u have a fu*king ipad.

i dont care either way because im a selfish prick who only cares about himself, im just saying i understand the concern.
 5 years ago '12        #35
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,457 | Props total: 1000 1000
This some bullsh*t!

I have an iPad and my little sister has learned how to add subtract and read on this bi*ch! She's only 5, if anything they need to give every kid in the projects one loaded with educational sh*t
 5 years ago '07        #36
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1118 1118
 Bigresse1486 said:
Iam from the jects but got out because of techlogy and computers and a mf who cared about me i love the hood and the personality it gave to a g... we didnt have sh*t sometime mf dont understand what its like to have the lights off and ur mom the only mf maken cheeze and ur dad trappin ur moms check so if a kid get a ipad that was up its a step away from the bullshi$

Ur from the hood and still love it? Either ur hood is not hard at all or ur just trippin...
 5 years ago '09        #37
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
crack money probably bought him that
 5 years ago '09        #38
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
avatar space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
Maybe his grandparents got him it as a birthday present? Or maybe for his mom's birthday

ALOT of people abuse public housing and end up paying $50 in rent for an apartment but make alot of money on the side that they don't have to disclose. I have family who has done this and I would do it too if I qualified but that's pretty mess up to get outraged by a kid using an iPad and to jump to conclusions.
 5 years ago '04        #39
scooner 
space
avatar space
space
$728 | Props total: 119 119
how they gonna make a.ssumptions based on one photo??? he coulda got a cheap one off of ebay that was a first generation and used/refurbished. makes no damn sense. also the chinese makes cheap knockoffs of iphones and ipads too.
 5 years ago '11        #40
nyc 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,182 | Props total: 3475 3475
fu*k anyone who has a problem with this photo
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 101
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
81 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 84
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 78
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 48
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 43
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
51 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
133 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 26
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
53 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy