Snoop Dogg is now a Rasta: changes his name to 'Snoop Lion'. :snoophigh:

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
23 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
8115 pageviews
96 comments

down2earth 18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,391 | Props total: 0 0
Snoop Dogg is now a Rasta: changes his name to 'Snoop Lion'. :snoophigh:

[pic - click to view]

Snoop Dogg is 'born again' as Snoop Lion

No more Dogg.

The legendary rapper, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, says he was "born again" during a visit to Jamaica in January. He discovered his true inner Rastafarian self, reports Huffington Post.

"I want to bury Snoop Dogg, and become Snoop Lion. I didn't know that until I went to the temple, where the High Priest asked me what my name was, and I said, 'Snoop Dogg.' And he looked me in my eyes and said, 'No more. You are the light; you are the lion.' From that moment on, it's like I had started to understand why I was there."

And now, he's ready to make music that his "kids and grandparents can listen to."

He's also releasing a reggae album called Reincarnated in the fall, Snoop announced at a news conference in New York on Monday, reports AP.

"Rap is not a challenge to me," Snoop said at a gathering of journalists and friends Monday night in the backroom of Manhattan's Miss Lily's restaurant, "I've won every accolade you can get in rap, they call me 'Uncle Snoop' in rap. When you're an uncle, it's time to find something new ... I want to feel like a kid again."

Later, he played five songs for the small crowd, including one that features his daughter, titled No Guns Allowed.

The album will be followed with a documentary on Snoop and his music. According to AP, the film will debut at the Toronto International Film Festival in September.

[pic - click to view]

Snoop Dogg is 'born again' as Snoop Lion

Bet that new album is gonna be called lion-style image....

96 comments for "Snoop Dogg is now a Rasta: changes his name to 'Snoop Lion'. :snoophigh:"

5 years ago '04        #2
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286
"Snoop Lion. . . you are the light"

5 years ago '07        #3
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,400 | Props total: 16107 16107
 5 years ago '08        #4
Nut-In-Honeys 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,027 | Props total: 5813 5813
 Damagegadget said:
Im wit you bruh. fu*k all that personal evolving bullsh*t. Go back to Snoop Doggy Dogg n*gga
 5 years ago '08        #5
L.A's HiGhEsT 76 heat pts76
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 1 1

[pic - click to view]

NEW YORK (AP) Snoop Dogg wants you to know that he's tired of hip-hop, is Bob Marley reincarnated and is embracing reggae instead of the culture of guns he once rapped about.

Also, he's got a new name: Snoop Lion.

The artist said at a news conference Monday in New York that he was "born again" during a visit to Jamaica in February and is ready to make music that his "kids and grandparents can listen to."

The former gangster rapper is releasing a reggae album called "Reincarnated" in the fall. He said that in Jamaica, he connected with Bob Marley's spirit and is now "Bob Marley reincarnated."

Bob Marley's son Rohan attended the conference and gave Snoop his blessing.

"I feel like I've always been Rastafarian," Snoop said of the spiritual Jamaican movement. While there, he said, he visited a temple, was renamed Snoop Lion and was also given the Ethiopian name Berhane, meaning "light of the world."

Snoop didn't explain why he was switching from "Dogg" to "Lion," but it's likely a reference to the Lion of Judah, a religious symbol popular in Rastafarian and Ethiopian culture.

Later, he played five songs for a small crowd, including one called "No Guns Allowed." It features his daughter and includes the lyrics, "No guns allowed in here tonight, we're going to have a free for all, no f!ghts."

"It's so tragic that people are doing stupid things with guns," he said.

Snoop, best known for hits like "Gin and Juice" and "Drop It Like It's Hot," is an avid supporter of marijuana rights and has been banned from entering Norway for two years after trying to enter the country with a small amount last month.

He said that in Jamaica, where he stayed for 35 days, he grew closer to his wife, who saw his transition. He added that he's excited to perform music that his family and children can listen to.

"As a 40-year-old man ... I've got to give them something," he said. "That's what you do when you're wise."

Snoop Dogg said he's not completely retiring from hip-hop but is "tired" of the genre because it is no longer challenging.

"Reggae was calling ... it's a breath of fresh air," he said. "Rap isn't challenging; it's not appealing."

The album was produced by Diplo and will feature Snoop singing. It will be released on Vice Records.

The album will be followed with a documentary of the same name, also produced by Vice. It features Snoop making music and will include some personal elements of his life, a producer of the film said. It will debut at the Toronto International Film Festival in September.

A coffee table book about Snoop's rebirth is also in the works.

"It feels like I'm 19 or 20 years old again," he said.

5 years ago '04        #6
twizzytwo22 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,725 | Props total: 484 484
snoop lion
 07-31-2012, 03:52 PM         #7
Lyriceater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Snoop Lion.

I'm feeling the sh*t he's talking about though. Good for him.
 5 years ago '06        #8
*c.o.a.* 104 heat pts104
space
space
$3,659 | Props total: 44 44
He ugly!
 5 years ago '07        #9
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,957 | Props total: 5869 5869
Y'all don't know about that I and I
 5 years ago '08        #10
L.A's HiGhEsT 76 heat pts76
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 1 1
im feeling that reggae, but snoop lion GTFO wit the bullshyt
 5 years ago '07        #11
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,957 | Props total: 5869 5869
I will be copping this
 5 years ago '04        #12
Thangstah 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,379 | Props total: 87 87

[video - click to view]

07-31-2012, 04:13 PM         #13
snoopdoggiz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '07        #14
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,584 | Props total: 1051 1051
snoop liony lion, no?
 5 years ago '11        #15
slurricane81 
space
space
$358 | Props total: 3 3
despite the ridiculousness, i am actually very interested to see how snoops reggae comes out, being a reggae fan myself.
 5 years ago '12        #16
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,463 | Props total: 12980 12980
lol snoop dogg tired of that sh*t. He older now. Im sure hes financially set. Dont blame him.
 07-31-2012, 04:48 PM         #17
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nut-In-Honeys said:
Im wit you bruh. fu*k all that personal evolving bullsh*t. Go back to Snoop Doggy Dogg n*gga
He old. You expect him to rap about it being 80 degrees when he told that bi*ch please back up of theose n-u-t's?
 5 years ago '05        #18
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
Nothing I can't stand more than yankees trying to become rasta
 5 years ago '11        #19
KingP1n 342 heat pts342
space
space
$7,947 | Props total: 3733 3733
I dont think hes rasta, if he is he gotta watch how he portrays himself or he gone get cussed out
 5 years ago '04        #20
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,414 | Props total: 6439 6439
that song he did under this new name is not even that bad. when it comes to snoop doing different kinds of music i'm not complaining. r&g was dope
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago