"Freeway" Rick Ross Says He Stopped Suge Knight & Others From Confronting Rick Ross

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #41
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,071 | Props total: 514 514
 conscious thug said:
Yeah cause Suge is totally known for politely settling differences over banana sundaes.

Nope, I'm not a TI fan at all. Just noticed there is selective criticism depending on who the artist is. Ross and Akon get a pass for lying about their whole images that they used to build their careers. And it was more than the average "oh I used to sling rock" when you never did. Akon based his whole image and career on his supposedly doing four years for stolen cars and chop shops and sh*t, and his first single was "Locked Up" about all this hard time he allegedly did. his signature is that clanging of a jail cell and his label is Konvict Music.

He lied about ALLLLLLL of that. Where's the outrage? Where's the outrage by the masses about Rawse's jacking Ross' image when he was a CO? Doesn't matter to ME but it's funny how some people it's okay if you lie and whatnot and other people it's not. Just depends on if you're a fan of theirs or not.

Just like it's okay to snitch if you are Ross and are looked up to, despite his hand in destroying black communities and families. But someone else that allegedly got an order of protection or supposedly somehow allegedly might have talked to a cop, and they're scum.

But Ross is a standup guy. I just don't understand the logic, is all.
you make some good points
 5 years ago '07        #42
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 conscious thug said:
Seriously?

How about conspiracy charges? Clearly it's a shaky case and nothing is going to come out of this, but is Suge still on parole or probation or whatever? Cause I'm sure his probation officer would LOVE to hear that clip.

People been locked up for simply talking about doing some sh*t. You don't have to actually commit a crime, man.
dude,aint nobody catchin no case behind anything freeway rick said lol
 5 years ago '07        #43
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 daman729 said:
biggie did it too though. Biggie took frank white's whole mobster image. Did not biggie have the whole mobster cut tnroat image? Talked about being a mobsta and k!lling people over drug money. Biggie said out of his own mouth " I am the black frank white". But no one says sh*t

50 stole his image from kelvin martin( the real 50cent) Kelvin martin was a streetking and a ny stick up kid. 50 based his image around this. Remember one of his biggest early tracks "How to rob"? This all goes hand in hand with takign kelvin's persona. 50 kick started his career off this sh*t and no one says anything.

What about nore? He took the drug kingpin gimmick as well.

Only reason the real rick ross is suing the rapper is the rapper is big right now and making millions while the real rick ross has no money left and his accounts have been drained. Why isnt he suing the other freeway rapper? Its cause that rapper aint making sh*t and the real RR cant capitalize. Like i said, ross, the rapper could have had a name like berry jones or some sh*t and hed still be the same as long as the music is good. Most didnt know who the real rick ross was until that 50 beef.

People praising the real rick ross, when he aint even worth sh*t. Same n*gga who was helping destroy black communities like the white boys wanted him too. And he knew dam well the CIA was aiding him. Same dude that would give your mom crack and wouldnt think twice about it? Its a fu*kin shame how delusional people are.
maybe cause frank white is a fictional character

people are sayin somethin cause tha real rick ross is sayin somethin.if dude wants his name back,who are we to judge.curtis jackson actually donated money to kelvin martins daughter for college
 5 years ago '07        #44
timdog 924 heat pts924
space
space
$30,500 | Props total: 15049 15049
 r.burgundy said:
none of those dudes jacked somebody whole image and life tho.and az isnt named after o.g az
What's In A Name? 450g
BY MICHAEL DALY
Wednesday, June 26, 1996

'I was shot nine times. Twice in the head."

Azie Faison, a former drug dealer known on Harlem streets as "AZ," is distinguishing himself from that other AZ, the rapper whose recent single "Sugar Hill" went gold.

"Someone point a gun and put it on your forehead and you see them pull the trigger. . . . It was like a very learning experience for me."

Faison considers this experience hard enough earned that nobody should be able just to adopt the tag AZ and sing about being a Sugar Hill drug dealer. This other AZ on the videos looks as if he was never shot, not even once.

"He look like a little kid to me," Faison says. So, Faison figures that he was only right in suing. The papers his lawyer filed in Manhattan Federal Court last year charged that the other AZ had stolen not just his client's moniker but a persona that arose from a career as a young drug dealer.

That career ended abruptly on Aug. 21, 1987, when Faison and five other people were shot in a drug rip-off by none other than Ronald Timmons of the notorious Timmons twins.

Faison arrived at Lincoln Hospital to have a detective take a dying declaration.

"His exact words were, 'Mr. Faison, you know you are dying, right?' " Faison remembers. "My exact words were, 'I hope not.' "

For reasons he can ascribe only to the Almighty, Faison survived. He gave up the narcotics trade to become AZ, rap singer of righteousness.

"I felt I had a message, to tell the people what happened to me; that I saw God," Faison says. "I was trying to show them right over wrong."

The public reaction was as might have been predicted.

"People didn't want to hear that," Faison says. "I was definitely ahead of my time."

Last year, Faison ended up broke on a stoop in Sugar Hill across from the dry cleaners where he had worked for $75 a week before becoming a drug dealer. He suffered a surprise to rival that of being shot when somebody handed him a red and black flyer announcing that a rapper named AZ was coming out with a song called "Sugar Hill."

"I felt this to be very strange," Faison says.

Over the days ahead, AZ posters were plastered all over the neighborhood. Faison was met with the same question everywhere he went.

"People were coming up, saying, 'When's your single out?' " Faison says. "I said, 'I don't have any record coming out.' "

One friend stopped by to urge Faison to share some of the wealth that was surely rolling his way.

"I said, 'What?' " Faison recalls. "He said, 'Stop playing me, A-man. Give me some money. Where's your car? I know you got something new out here now.' "

Faison was at another friend's house when he heard the deejay say, "AZ for real on Sugar Hill."

He then heard this other AZ sing the single promised by the flyers and posters. The song was a first-person account of a Sugar Hill drug dealer who becomes a "recovered man."

"I said, 'This sounds like me,' " Faison says. "I said, 'I'm AZ and I was born and raised in the heart of Sugar Hill.' I said, 'This don't make sense.' "

Somebody urged Faison to sue and he retained attorney Lawrence Weiss. The suit docketed as 95 Civ. 7110 in Manhattan Federal Court alleged that the other AZ, real name Anthony Cruz, "appropriated to himself the name, identity, persona and life story of the plaintiff."

In recompense, Faison asked for $10 million. He also sought to enjoin Cruz from using the name AZ, as this was "likely to cause confusion and mistake, and to deceive consumers and others, as to the affiliation, connection and a.ssociation of defendant with plaintiff."

Cruz' lawyers denied that their client had ripped off anybody's identity. They also suggested that Faison could not claim protective right to letters of the alphabet. "You or I could pick up the same AZ and go out there and perform," attorney Donald Zakarin says.

In the depositions, Faison gave sworn statements as to his status as a bona fide former drug dealer known as AZ who had been shot nine times. The lawyers in April agreed to a settlement whose terms the parties are prohibited from discussing.

Faison does indicate that his remuneration is some $9,550,000 less than he sought. He says he is using the money to bankroll a record of his own. He will be a.ssuming a new rap name based on A's status as the first letter of the alphabet and Z's as the 26th.

"I'm '1-26,' now," Faison says.

"But, you can come up to Harlem and ask anybody who's the real AZ."

5 years ago '07        #45
timdog 924 heat pts924
space
space
$30,500 | Props total: 15049 15049
 conscious thug said:
I readily admit I'm not in the streets like that at all. I'm simply saying when you go and do an interview and name names, that sounds like snitching to me.

Now to be clear I'm not a proponent of that "stop snitching" bullsh*t because too often that's used to intimidate honest hardworking people who want gangbangers and drug dealers off their block.

But to have someone that's revered like Ross (not by me, but a lot of people it seems) just flat out naming Suge that seemed odd. I can understand doing an interview and saying "you know, I had some serious cats come to me and say they wanted to handle sh*t, and I told them nah". like he did with the "shot callers". Didn't name them.

Just cause Suge is known for that doesn't mean you should throw his name out there. That's actually worse because everyone knows Suge ain't known for asking politely when he's upset about something.

Just seemed odd to me. Maybe I'm the only one though. Most people here seem to idolize and revere drug dealers and gang bangers so maybe this won't be a big deal to most.
this...

he threw suge name out there but not the other 2 guys named he mentioned

maybe cuz suge name is known in the industry

but still throwing a guy name out there
 5 years ago '05        #46
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,447 | Props total: 25137 25137
...That LA Hood Pass Been Gone.

Break Bread & You Good....
 5 years ago '12        #47
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 daman729 said:
biggie did it too though. Biggie took frank white's whole mobster image. Did not biggie have the whole mobster cut tnroat image? Talked about being a mobsta and k!lling people over drug money. Biggie said out of his own mouth " I am the black frank white". But no one says sh*t

50 stole his image from kelvin martin( the real 50cent) Kelvin martin was a streetking and a ny stick up kid. 50 based his image around this. Remember one of his biggest early tracks "How to rob"? This all goes hand in hand with takign kelvin's persona. 50 kick started his career off this sh*t and no one says anything.

Only reason the real rick ross is suing the rapper is the rapper is big right now and making millions while the real rick ross has no money left and his accounts have been drained. Why isnt he suing the other freeway rapper? Its cause that rapper aint making sh*t and the real RR cant capitalize. Like i said, ross, the rapper could have had a name like berry jones or some sh*t and hed still be the same as long as the music is good. Most didnt know who the real rick ross was until that 50 beef.

People praising the real rick ross, when he aint even worth sh*t. Same n*gga who was helping destroy black communities like the white boys wanted him too. And he knew dam well the CIA was aiding him. Same dude that would give your mom crack and wouldnt think twice about it? Its a fu*kin shame how delusional people are.
"I was competitive in the
ring and hip-hop is competitive too...
I think rappers condition themselves
like boxers, so they all kind of feel
like they're the champ".[17] In the
tenth grade, he was caught by metal
detectors at Andrew Jackson High
School. He later stated, "I was
embarrassed that I got arrested like
that... After I got arrested I stopped
hiding it. I was telling my
grandmother [openly], 'I sell
drugs.'"[14]
Following time spent in a
correctional boot camp, Jackson
adopted the nickname "50 Cent" as a
metaphor for "change".[18] The
name was derived from Kelvin
Martin, a 1980s Brooklyn robber
known as "50 Cent". Jackson chose
the name "because it says
everything I want it to say. I'm the
same kind of person 50 Cent was. I
provide for myself by any means".

Difference between 50 and Ross... He know where he got his name now stop defending a fraud
 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM         #48
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 conscious thug said:
So nobody else is going to talk about how Ricky is straight snitching on Suge and other dudes? He's clearly stating that people are coming to him wanting to take care of this dude, and he's naming names?

That doesn't sound like that adheres to some street code to me.
Didnt he snitch on a handful of ppl after being indicted anyway?

Nothing new
 5 years ago '10        #49
corpuz79 9 heat pts
space
space
$887 | Props total: 551 551
 r.burgundy said:
none of those dudes jacked somebody whole image and life tho.and az isnt named after o.g az
what about 50?
[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #50
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,468 | Props total: 13004 13004
 r.burgundy said:
maybe cause frank white is a fictional character

people are sayin somethin cause tha real rick ross is sayin somethin.if dude wants his name back,who are we to judge.curtis jackson actually donated money to kelvin martins daughter for college
More fu*king excuses my dude. Its the same exact sh*t that ross did. Biggie used another image to make music just like ross did. So did 50. Truth is truth.

Ross donates to charities all year long and buys school supplies for under privileged kids all year long but i dont see people using that as an excuse for ross like youre doing for 50. My point is this. Rossa aint the only one who did this sh*t. This is entertainment. No one knew knew who the real rick ross was until the beef. And the fact ross gets so much hate also k!lls the myth that ross is big because of the name. The real rick ross is mad cause he aint getting paid and he wants the rapper to give him homage when he doesnt deserve sh*t but to be in a rat instead cage.
 07-31-2012, 04:43 PM         #51
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 conscious thug said:
Yeah cause Suge is totally known for politely settling differences over banana sundaes.

Nope, I'm not a TI fan at all. Just noticed there is selective criticism depending on who the artist is. Ross and Akon get a pass for lying about their whole images that they used to build their careers. And it was more than the average "oh I used to sling rock" when you never did. Akon based his whole image and career on his supposedly doing four years for stolen cars and chop shops and sh*t, and his first single was "Locked Up" about all this hard time he allegedly did. his signature is that clanging of a jail cell and his label is Konvict Music.

He lied about ALLLLLLL of that. Where's the outrage? Where's the outrage by the masses about Rawse's jacking Ross' image when he was a CO? Doesn't matter to ME but it's funny how some people it's okay if you lie and whatnot and other people it's not. Just depends on if you're a fan of theirs or not.

Just like it's okay to snitch if you are Ross and are looked up to, despite his hand in destroying black communities and families. But someone else that allegedly got an order of protection or supposedly somehow allegedly might have talked to a cop, and they're scum.

But Ross is a standup guy. I just don't understand the logic, is all.
It's not about what you know it's about what you can prove. So tell me how can you prove without a shadow of a doubt "handle this" equates to violence?
 07-31-2012, 04:47 PM         #52
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 conscious thug said:
I'm not worried or concerned about the street codes, I'm simply expressing my surprise at someone who is "Bout That Life" doing something that most people would frown on.

Doesn't affect my life one bit and I don't really care. Just thought it was interesting that all these people who go after TI and whatnot accusing him of snitching based on circumstantial sh*t or hearsay, are totally giving a pass to a guy who actually names a name in an interview.

That's all.
On boxden ppl like to play the pick and choose game.

Like u said, a lot of ppl ACCUSSING Tip of snitching without proof but its dudes out here in these streets that snitch, go back on the streets and to the hood and n*ggas still fu*k with em.

Look at all the rappers with names after kingpins and gangstas and all u hear ab is how rozay took this dudes name out of all the ppl whose done it but he catches the heat for it
 07-31-2012, 04:49 PM         #53
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daman729 said:

Thread should end after this
 5 years ago '07        #54
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 timdog said:
What's In A Name? 450g
BY MICHAEL DALY
Wednesday, June 26, 1996

'I was shot nine times. Twice in the head."

Azie Faison, a former drug dealer known on Harlem streets as "AZ," is distinguishing himself from that other AZ, the rapper whose recent single "Sugar Hill" went gold.

"Someone point a gun and put it on your forehead and you see them pull the trigger. . . . It was like a very learning experience for me."

Faison considers this experience hard enough earned that nobody should be able just to adopt the tag AZ and sing about being a Sugar Hill drug dealer. This other AZ on the videos looks as if he was never shot, not even once.

"He look like a little kid to me," Faison says. So, Faison figures that he was only right in suing. The papers his lawyer filed in Manhattan Federal Court last year charged that the other AZ had stolen not just his client's moniker but a persona that arose from a career as a young drug dealer.

That career ended abruptly on Aug. 21, 1987, when Faison and five other people were shot in a drug rip-off by none other than Ronald Timmons of the notorious Timmons twins.

Faison arrived at Lincoln Hospital to have a detective take a dying declaration.

"His exact words were, 'Mr. Faison, you know you are dying, right?' " Faison remembers. "My exact words were, 'I hope not.' "

For reasons he can ascribe only to the Almighty, Faison survived. He gave up the narcotics trade to become AZ, rap singer of righteousness.

"I felt I had a message, to tell the people what happened to me; that I saw God," Faison says. "I was trying to show them right over wrong."

The public reaction was as might have been predicted.

"People didn't want to hear that," Faison says. "I was definitely ahead of my time."

Last year, Faison ended up broke on a stoop in Sugar Hill across from the dry cleaners where he had worked for $75 a week before becoming a drug dealer. He suffered a surprise to rival that of being shot when somebody handed him a red and black flyer announcing that a rapper named AZ was coming out with a song called "Sugar Hill."

"I felt this to be very strange," Faison says.

Over the days ahead, AZ posters were plastered all over the neighborhood. Faison was met with the same question everywhere he went.

"People were coming up, saying, 'When's your single out?' " Faison says. "I said, 'I don't have any record coming out.' "

One friend stopped by to urge Faison to share some of the wealth that was surely rolling his way.

"I said, 'What?' " Faison recalls. "He said, 'Stop playing me, A-man. Give me some money. Where's your car? I know you got something new out here now.' "

Faison was at another friend's house when he heard the deejay say, "AZ for real on Sugar Hill."

He then heard this other AZ sing the single promised by the flyers and posters. The song was a first-person account of a Sugar Hill drug dealer who becomes a "recovered man."

"I said, 'This sounds like me,' " Faison says. "I said, 'I'm AZ and I was born and raised in the heart of Sugar Hill.' I said, 'This don't make sense.' "

Somebody urged Faison to sue and he retained attorney Lawrence Weiss. The suit docketed as 95 Civ. 7110 in Manhattan Federal Court alleged that the other AZ, real name Anthony Cruz, "appropriated to himself the name, identity, persona and life story of the plaintiff."

In recompense, Faison asked for $10 million. He also sought to enjoin Cruz from using the name AZ, as this was "likely to cause confusion and mistake, and to deceive consumers and others, as to the affiliation, connection and a.ssociation of defendant with plaintiff."

Cruz' lawyers denied that their client had ripped off anybody's identity. They also suggested that Faison could not claim protective right to letters of the alphabet. "You or I could pick up the same AZ and go out there and perform," attorney Donald Zakarin says.

In the depositions, Faison gave sworn statements as to his status as a bona fide former drug dealer known as AZ who had been shot nine times. The lawyers in April agreed to a settlement whose terms the parties are prohibited from discussing.

Faison does indicate that his remuneration is some $9,550,000 less than he sought. He says he is using the money to bankroll a record of his own. He will be a.ssuming a new rap name based on A's status as the first letter of the alphabet and Z's as the 26th.

"I'm '1-26,' now," Faison says.

"But, you can come up to Harlem and ask anybody who's the real AZ."

az has always said his name reps tha 1st and last.Anthony cruZ.SE
 5 years ago '05        #55
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,106 | Props total: 234 234
 Khazano said:
Cause almost every name up there has actually done dirt or put in work in the past. Theres some parallel to there life, and the life of the gangsters whom's names they took... Ricky on the other hand... Well... Ross is by far the biggest studio gangster I have ever seen rise through the ranks of the music industry and any real G who has put in work would not want his name a.ssociated with theirs.
mgk
 5 years ago '07        #56
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 daman729 said:
More fu*king excuses my dude. Its the same exact sh*t that ross did. Biggie used another image to make music just like ross did. So did 50. Truth is truth.

Ross donates to charities all year long and buys school supplies for under privileged kids all year long but i dont see people using that as an excuse for ross like youre doing for 50. My point is this. Rossa aint the only one who did this sh*t. This is entertainment. No one knew knew who the real rick ross was until the beef. And the fact ross gets so much hate also k!lls the myth that ross is big because of the name. The real rick ross is mad cause he aint getting paid and he wants the rapper to give him homage when he doesnt deserve sh*t but to be in a rat instead cage.
tha main difference is frank white didnt hav a problem wit biggie takin his name.since when did frank dress in coogis and versace shades?frank white = king of ny,big = king of ny

my point is this.he took this dudes image.thats fine.happens all tha time in hip hop.problem is he tried to act like he didnt take his image instead of just payin homage.basically lyin and beleivin his own hype train
 5 years ago '07        #57
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 corpuz79 said:
what about 50?
[pic - click to view]

what about him?
 5 years ago '11        #58
KingP1n 342 heat pts342
space
space
$7,951 | Props total: 3771 3771
 daman729 said:

Not Really...
Since BooBoo/50 was known in his hood for being a bully type of n*gga.
How To Rob was his way of expressing it musically, and it gave him the exposure he needed to, since he wasn't getting the fame he wanted with standard tracks. 50 from early saw how to make an impression and still does it to this day.
50 didnt base his image around Kelvin, he already had his image that he was known for.
Type of n*gga to knock you out, take your sh*t bully you and have his whole block selling for him. Whilst at the same time saying fu*k PREME, the local Kingpin/OG...
 5 years ago '04        #59
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,226 | Props total: 1092 1092
n*ggas need to be more like my man Keith Murray

use your own damn name..........
 5 years ago '05        #60
darquecinnamon 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$15,348 | Props total: 152 152
 Player 1 said:
so this is who is trying to hold "rick ross" back!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now