Drake Is Being Screwed Out Of Millions According To Lawsuit By Jas Prince [PDF File Attached]

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Went To The 4:44 Tour Last Night
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
119 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #121
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
 Suppafresh said:
I think Drake maybe hiding his money. On paper he looks like he ain't got nothing. So how you going to sue someone when on paper they haven't even got a check yet.

But then again this is the Birdman we talking bout.
The worst move he can make the Court will just place liens on his masters , and his future works .
 5 years ago '06        #122
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,538 | Props total: 957 957
 5 years ago '11        #123
KeithClark 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,458 | Props total: 122 122
 slapaho said:
verbal agreements do hold up on court. sometimes just not so much if paperwork involved is tight work

but i think all this did was break down the wall for n*ggas.. nobody who leaves CM eats. yea they have some scraps but overall naaahh baby and slim fund the rap fantasy for n*ggas,but that applies to all labels. when you leave that you carryin your own weight/persona and what comes with that. n*ggas wanna be famous so bad they willin to get r*ped if they benefit later on.

all these n*ggas dumb tho.. jas why didnt you get legit papers on him? i mean i get it you meet lame n*ggas who rap all the time most of wont ever be sh*t,but cmon when he says you helped him thats enuff to pull out a napkin and get it notarized my n*gga.. you just watched money fly away even if drake was broke when he wasnt hed already owe you.

Prolly the best statement here! The only people that left CMB and survived is Currensy and Kidd Kidd and it took them both years. Omorion is trying to comeback but he's done. - Keith Clark
 5 years ago '04        #124
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
i would NEVER sign to a major in 2012.
 5 years ago '11        #125
KeithClark 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,458 | Props total: 122 122
 TizOnly1 said:
Are you serious? You really believe that garbage about Drake being "unsigned" during So Far Gone?

Tell me why Wayne was on the tape... tell me why Drake says "tryna enjoy myself with Tez in Miami at the game" on that tape... tell me why Drake tape BEFORE So Far Gone had Weezy all over it.. Kidd Kidd (back when he was YM), etc...

Drake was under Cash Money before So Far Gone. Don't believe the hype homie.

Drake blew definitely off of the buzz that YMCM did a LOT to grow.
There's alot of sh*t you n*ggaz don't know Drake was with Weezy around the making of Comeback Season he was friends with Trey since 2005 he ghostwrote for trey and Alicia Keys before his first mixtape. His uncle was already a famous r&b singer in Canada. He fu*ked with a few street n*ggaz (dont we all). His dad is from Memphis and he know Yo Gotti wayyyy b4 his 1st mixtape. Basically what I'm saying is dude is shady and everyone at WME is shady and the way he fu*ked Future WAS SHADY. His music is ok but on a real n*gga scale I rank him hella low. He knows a ton of powerful people like his cousin King Smoke whose a rapper in Tennessee you don't want to fu*k with some of them n*ggaz real sh*t. - Keith Clark
 5 years ago '11        #126
DsRueHz 
space
space
$927 | Props total: 14 14
as quoted from hitmusicacademy site: and many others as its old as hell.

Here’s the breakdown of Drake’s record deal:

Drake is signed with Aspire/Young Money/Cash Money Records and is distributed by Universal
Drake got a $2 million advance (I’ll give you a moment to read that again)
Drake retains the publishing rights to his songs and only pays 25% of his music sales revenues to the label as a “distribution fee”
As you can see, Drake got a helluva deal. It’s one of the most lucrative deals I’ve seen recently, especially for a hip hop artist. This deal is a complete reversal of a typical record deal where the label earns the lion’s share of record sales and the artist struggles for years to get out of his/her financial debt to the label.

$2 million is a big advance to pay back but considering that Drake’s first album Thank Me Later will probably be the best-selling R&B/hip hop album next year, I don’t think he’ll have much trouble clearing his debt.

Major props to Drake’s management team (Hip Hop Since 1978 and Cortez Bryant) for negotiating a fair deal for their client. Cortez Bryant also manages Lil Wayne and Hip Hop
I aint sayn holmez aint gettn worked over by his mgmt....but he good though
 5 years ago '11        #127
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
Lol yall n*ggas cease to amaze me . His actual contract both recording and managment is in the PDF at the end . Go read it .

Whats funny is his management contract is more complex then the YME contract . Its like Wayne bought that sh*t at Musiccontracts.com .

ahhahaha
 08-01-2012, 07:28 AM         #128
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TizOnly1 said:
Are you serious? You really believe that garbage about Drake being "unsigned" during So Far Gone?

Tell me why Wayne was on the tape... tell me why Drake says "tryna enjoy myself with Tez in Miami at the game" on that tape... tell me why Drake tape BEFORE So Far Gone had Weezy all over it.. Kidd Kidd (back when he was YM), etc...

Drake was under Cash Money before So Far Gone. Don't believe the hype homie.

Drake blew definitely off of the buzz that YMCM did a LOT to grow.

People are funding on the low now to make it seem like the artist is doing it all by themselves.
 5 years ago '06        #129
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,977 | Props total: 13611 13611
 MemphBleek05 said:
In that case, yes, this sort of thing happens all the time. Been that way forever, which is why it's important that you get your business correct...
Oh thanks! Is it just in rap music or all music? If it is just rap music why is that?
 5 years ago '11        #130
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
 Player 1 said:
Oh thanks! Is it just in rap music or all music? If it is just rap music why is that?
All music .

This sums it up

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago