Damn!! Is all I can say
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #141
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8380 8380
 dblockallday said:
so you don't understand the reference to the QB friendly west coast systems compared to the offense the giants run? i hate explaining this to people... even fairly knowledgeable football fans have a hard time grasping it...

basically let's say a team is running a play... in the west coast style system that the packers, saints and most teams run, the QB knows exactly what those receivers are doing before even breaking the huddle. there are little to no sight adjustments on the fly. maybe they'll have something as simple as "on a crossing route if it's man coverage keep running if it's a zone sit down in the middle". where as in the giants system, there is a route tree and based on the coverage the defense is in, the receiver could break his route in, out, keep going deep or catch it back shoulder.

why do you think eli always has that look on his face after throwing a pick when one of his receivers ran the wrong route or a different route than what he was expecting?

the positive is it is virtually impossible to stop if both the QB and receiver see the same thing pre and post snap and are on the same page. the negative is if eli expects the receiver to do one thing, and the receiver does something different, or vice versa, that's how the turnovers can happen.

i always wondered how well eli could/would have done in a more QB friendly system. he's been under couglin/gilbride and the read option offense his whole career and it's finally starting to pay off. i think partially because he now has a great understanding and experience with the offense, but more than anything i think it was due to his receivers finally grasping it. people don't realize how many different and young receivers eli has had to work with over the last few years. from steve smith, to manningham, hixon, nicks, cruz etc. none of them were vets. then you got his so called "security blankets" in smith and boss leaving in free agency and what happens? eli makes ballard look like a stud and cruz emerges.

So ELI being in a "Complex" system is the reason why he throws the most INTs"

fu*k ya avy though!
 5 years ago '04        #142
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Kingpin 313 said:

50 tds 8 ints 4800 yards>>>>>>>>
sorry braj, 48/6/4,600 in 15>>>>
 07-30-2012, 11:32 PM         #143
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No where near the most complex. Around average for most teams with a decent QB in todays era.
 07-30-2012, 11:42 PM         #144
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ Eli being higher than Rivers/Ben or Peyton

Rivers should have a 93
Ben should have 93-94
Peyton out of respect should have 95-97
Eli should have a 91-93
Vick is better than Romo
 5 years ago '05        #145
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,843 | Props total: 1531 1531
 -BigC- said:
No where near the most complex. Around average for most teams with a decent QB in todays era.
once again you show that you have no idea what you are talking about.

please show me a list of these teams that run anything similar to what the giants run.

brush up on ya football knowledge.

this is what most teams run now a days (this or a variation of the Coryell Offense)

this is what NO ONE RUNS these days:

receivers read the defensive backs' coverage to determine what route to run. A good Run and Shoot quarterback will make the same read, anticipate his receivers' choices of route, and put the ball where only they can catch it, rendering coverage nearly impossible and creating the potential for long gains after the catch.
the giants do not run that system exactly, but they use elements from it since gilbride (the o coordinator) was running it on the oilers back in the day.

edit: the wiki links aren't working right... the first link was supposed to link to the west coast offense and the second one was supposed to link to the run and shoot offense.

steak n read was actually the term i was trying to think of before. basically the receiver streaks down the field and then breaks his route based on the coverage. there are teams that have an option route here or there but not to the extent of the giants passing scheme.

Last edited by dblockallday; 07-30-2012 at 11:51 PM..
 07-30-2012, 11:58 PM         #146
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ;24102883 said:

It’s a demanding system. It can be confusing. It can be frustrating, too, especially to a young player. It’s also explosive, “quarterback-friendly,” potent, and the most prolific offensive system the Giants franchise has ever seen.

Maybe the Giants have more options routes for receivers. But most good offenses run them as well.
 5 years ago '05        #147
dblockallday 
space
space
another reference i just thought of was the year the giants drafted eli. they also got kurt warner that year. he could not grasp the offense. he wanted the giants to change it. i remember watching the "a football life" special on warner on NFL network and they had interviews with the players and tiki said "if we simplified the offense and changed it to more a west coast style offense warner and the team could have been very successful."

warner failed in that offense and then was benched. warner then goes on to have a few more beast years under a west coast offense on the cardinals and brings them to the superbowl which they should have won against the steelers.
 -BigC- said:
Maybe the Giants have more options routes for receivers. But most good offenses run them as well.
the difference though, and it's a huge one... is that those offenses that run them as well... have 2 options tops of those routes... such as either keep going straight or break the route out. keep going straight or turn and catch the back shoulder. where as the giants have a full route tree. like i said the patriots are the only other team that i know of that runs something similar. but they very rarely throw the ball deep down the field like the giants.

and again, i'm not saying this to prove anything. i'm not saying eli is as good or better than anyone. i'm just putting it out there since people love to put eli down based on stats or interceptions without understanding what they're talking about. my opinion is many QBs would struggle under that type of system. i think their int would be up and their completion % would be down. i feel it's much easier for a QB if he knows where his guys are gonna be. that way if they see a certain coverage they automatically know which guys will be covered and which they might have a chance to get the ball to.

Last edited by dblockallday; 07-31-2012 at 12:10 AM..
 07-31-2012, 12:09 AM         #148
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Except Warner didn't play that bad and the team was winning games. They started out 5-2 and he had 86 QBrating with a 62 comp rate. No he wasn't playing great, but he wasn't playing good football at that time(for either StL or the next 2 years in AZ)

Eli got the job because of how much the team invested in him. Kurt Warner would of been fine in that offense if given time. Stop over exaggerating the offense
 5 years ago '12        #149
SDC17 38 heat pts38
space
space
$4,056 | Props total: 593 593
 Cowboys All Day said:
Romo > > > >> > > > >> > > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Rivers
At first round Playoff exits.
 5 years ago '05        #150
dblockallday 
space
space
 -BigC- said:
Except Warner didn't play that bad and the team was winning games. They started out 5-2 and he had 86 QBrating with a 62 comp rate. No he wasn't playing great, but he wasn't playing good football at that time(for either StL or the next 2 years in AZ)

Eli got the job because of how much the team invested in him. Kurt Warner would of been fine in that offense if given time. Stop over exaggerating the offense
pretty sure we were 5-6 when eli took over... and never EVER post QB rating as if it means anything. warner was fumbling the ball left and right which is not reflected in QB ratings. sanchez throws a pass right to the defender and they drop it, it counts as an incomplete no negative reflection on the QB despite making a horrible play. a receiver deflects a perfectly catchable pass and it is somehow intercepted, it counts negatively against the QB. there is no perspective on QB ratings. and that espn rating thing they created is even worse. they had a good idea but it's way too subjective to grade a QB play by play.

i agree warner would have been fine given time. same thing with eli. everyone was calling him a bust his first few years because the offense was basically run it on 1st and 2nd down with tiki. ok now it's 3rd and long let's let eli chuck it...

i'm not over exaggerating the offense at all bro. it's a very complicated offense. combine that with nothing but 2nd, 3rd year receivers and you're bound to have mix ups. that's all i was trying to say.

i'm honestly curious how brees, brady, rodgers, etc could have done last year or in years past running this system. could brady even win 8 games without perfect pocket protection on nearly every pass play? could rodgers grasp this offense and deal with manningham running the wrong route 7/10 times? could brees suceed without an elite o line, screen game, tight end, etc etc?

the bottom line is judging or rating any QB is extremely subjective because they are all in unique situations with different players around them. stats do not tell the whole story when it comes to quaterbacking so please don't start posting completion percentages or td/int ratios as if they're relevant to this topic.

Last edited by dblockallday; 07-31-2012 at 12:31 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #151
Ralph Nautica 70 heat pts70
space
space
$10,586 | Props total: 6491 6491
 Megamind said:
No way this is legit.. Flacco should be at least a 93
see how they treat my n*gga?
 07-31-2012, 12:48 AM         #152
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ralph Nautica said:
see how they treat my n*gga?
Muhfu*kas are stupid at EA... I'm not supporting this sh*t
 5 years ago '05        #153
dblockallday 
space
space
overall ratings in madden aren't that important anyways. madden always hates on the giants so i wouldn't be surprised if they just boosted some meaningless stats on eli to make his overall higher. they probably raised his block shredding or pass blocking skills or something.

07-31-2012, 12:58 AM         #154
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Madden always hates on the Giants

Everybody is always against the Giants. The world is against you huh
 5 years ago '12        #155
Gulla 2 heat pts
space
space
$620 | Props total: 73 73
 k3llz said:
@ Eli being higher than Rivers/Ben or Peyton

Rivers should have a 93
Ben should have 93-94
Peyton out of respect should have 95-97
Eli should have a 91-93
Vick is better than Romo
Everything this dude said
I was about to spaz on EA when I first saw Alex smithh and a 98 you had me

But How the fu*k is ELI A 97? Him being within one point of Brady and Drew Brees is pure blasphemy.
EA fu*ked up already
 07-31-2012, 01:19 AM         #156
KillahhCamm 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Smith
 07-31-2012, 01:20 AM         #157
ddwilliams 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '09        #158
Cardeezy17 
space
space
$350 | Props total: 55 55
: Really? Alex Smith a fu*kin' 98? That f*g should be no higher than a fu*king 85

Vick should be higher than Romo and Rivers, didn't Rivers lead the league in picks last year? Peyton shouldn't have that high a rating when he never even played last year and could reinjure himself again. No problems with anyone else on there, where's Cam?
 07-31-2012, 01:20 AM         #159
b3diddy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eli...97...no. gtfo with that sh*t
 5 years ago '08        #160
Kewop Decam 81 heat pts81
space
space
space
$16,004 | Props total: 9810 9810
Eli at 97... these dudes need to stop
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy