most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
400 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #121
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,681 | Props total: 200 200
eli a 97? he is great in the playoffs but an average regular season passer. and peyton a 93 when he hasn't played football in almost a 1.5 years??
 5 years ago '04        #122
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
 -BigC- said:
Your personal experience is meaningless unless you played behind a line where every player was 6'5.
Not necessarily 6'5 but damn near 6'2-6'3. In any case, it doesn't matter. There are lots of players who do just fine right around Brees' height. It's really not that big of a deal.
 5 years ago '04        #123
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
And everywhere I see has Drew at 6'0, so where is the 5'11 coming from? At 6'0 it's even less special that he does what he does due to height. He just does it because he's a good QB.
 07-30-2012, 10:04 PM         #124
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Average height of tackles is 6'6

Half a foot is fu*king huge. Difference between Shaq and a 2
 07-30-2012, 10:12 PM         #125
Cowboys All Day 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Romo > > > >> > > > >> > > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Rivers
 5 years ago '10        #126
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
smith came from 78 to 98 in a year
got another one
 5 years ago '04        #127
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 -BigC- said:
Average height of tackles is 6'6

Half a foot is fu*king huge. Difference between Shaq and a 2
Does that change the fact that there are QBs who have succeeded at 6'0? And there's not much difference between 6'0 and 6'2, and a lot of QBs have succeeded in that range. There's not some huge discrepancy there.
 07-30-2012, 10:19 PM         #128
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't think you need to be 6'5 to be good. 6'0 is tall enough to be a NFL QB. But I understand why there aren't a ton of short successful NFL QBs either.
 07-30-2012, 10:25 PM         #129
JohnDoe B1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TriniSoldier said:
31 completions on 44 attempts. 6 touchdowns, 1 interception. 480 yards.

Definitely best game from a packers qb, pretty beautiful stats

But that's not better than 5 touchdowns in a single quarter, 6 total, no interceptions. 29/34 attempts and completions 380 yards in the snow.

21-25 attempts completions, 350 something yards, 6 td's no interceptions

31-39, 5 td's no interceptions, 373 yards

skeeting off five touchdown passes in the first half of playoff games

[pic - click to view]

That Ray Allen smiley is the greatest ever! I can't stop laughin at that sh*t!

Last edited by JohnDoe B1; 07-30-2012 at 10:38 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #130
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 5 years ago '05        #131
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,811 | Props total: 1520 1520
my boy eazy e is Elite!

madden usually hates on the giants tho so i expect to see our O line rated like 60 across the board.
 5 years ago '05        #132
dblockallday 
space
space
 Loso Luciano24 said:
There is no way Eli is up there with Brady Rogers and brees. Them n*ggas are on there own island and Eli should be next but at like 93. Theres no way eli a 97 and drew at 98.sh*t is not realistic. Vick should be at 91.*
eli don't play in a QB friendly west coast system like rodgers and brees. the pats system is similar to the giants with the option reads but brady hardly ever throws the ball deep. giants passing offense is extremely complex and full of option reads. eli is usually tops in the league in passes over 20 yards. im not talking 20+ yard passes where brees just dinks it off to sproles for a 30 yard screen i'm talking actually throwing the ball down the field 20+ yards. plus brees and brady have consistently had great O lines where eli is scrambling for his life half the time and still making plays.
 07-30-2012, 10:59 PM         #133
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He also throws more interceptions then Brady/Rodgers/Brees
Eli is no where near the QB and there is no argument for him being listed among them.
 5 years ago '04        #134
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 dblockallday said:
eli don't play in a QB friendly west coast system like rodgers and brees. the pats system is similar to the giants with the option reads but brady hardly ever throws the ball deep. giants passing offense is extremely complex and full of option reads. eli is usually tops in the league in passes over 20 yards. im not talking 20+ yard passes where brees just dinks it off to sproles for a 30 yard screen i'm talking actually throwing the ball down the field 20+ yards. plus brees and brady have consistently had great O lines where eli is scrambling for his life half the time and still making plays.
Eli still plays in a system friendly to the pass. It was evident in the last half of your season that the Giants can and will use the run to set up the pass, and when that happened Eli flourished. So don't give me the system crap.
 5 years ago '07        #135
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
the audacity of a packer talking about another quarterback playing in a quarterback friendly system
 5 years ago '05        #136
dblockallday 
space
space
 -BigC- said:
He also throws more interceptions then Brady/Rodgers/Brees
Eli is no where near the QB and there is no argument for him being listed among them.
so you don't understand the reference to the QB friendly west coast systems compared to the offense the giants run? i hate explaining this to people... even fairly knowledgeable football fans have a hard time grasping it...

basically let's say a team is running a play... in the west coast style system that the packers, saints and most teams run, the QB knows exactly what those receivers are doing before even breaking the huddle. there are little to no sight adjustments on the fly. maybe they'll have something as simple as "on a crossing route if it's man coverage keep running if it's a zone sit down in the middle". where as in the giants system, there is a route tree and based on the coverage the defense is in, the receiver could break his route in, out, keep going deep or catch it back shoulder.

why do you think eli always has that look on his face after throwing a pick when one of his receivers ran the wrong route or a different route than what he was expecting?

the positive is it is virtually impossible to stop if both the QB and receiver see the same thing pre and post snap and are on the same page. the negative is if eli expects the receiver to do one thing, and the receiver does something different, or vice versa, that's how the turnovers can happen.

i always wondered how well eli could/would have done in a more QB friendly system. he's been under couglin/gilbride and the read option offense his whole career and it's finally starting to pay off. i think partially because he now has a great understanding and experience with the offense, but more than anything i think it was due to his receivers finally grasping it. people don't realize how many different and young receivers eli has had to work with over the last few years. from steve smith, to manningham, hixon, nicks, cruz etc. none of them were vets. then you got his so called "security blankets" in smith and boss leaving in free agency and what happens? eli makes ballard look like a stud and cruz emerges.

07-30-2012, 11:22 PM         #137
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My bad

Eli runs the most intricate complex offensive system in the NFL and that's the only reason he throws interceptions.

ELIte>>>>>> because even though his numbers are average, we know hes ELIte
 5 years ago '05        #138
dblockallday 
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
Eli still plays in a system friendly to the pass. It was evident in the last half of your season that the Giants can and will use the run to set up the pass, and when that happened Eli flourished. So don't give me the system crap.
first of all, i wish the giants could run to set up the pass. it was the complete opposite all of last year because our o line was terrible. even in years past the giants run game was overrated. we would break off big runs here and there to pad the stats but always get shut down on 3rd or 4th and short when the other team knew we were running it.

second of all, the "QB friendly" system i was referring to was not a knock on brees and rodgers or anything. i was referring the the west coast style system they run. it has it's positives and negatives like any system but bottom line rodgers knows when and where his receivers will be pre snap. eli doesn't always have that luxury. it's more of "i think he'll be in this area of the field if the defense is playing cover 2"
 5 years ago '11        #139
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Giants fans need to off themselves how you gone sh*t on the defense and give Eli all the credit knowing that the defense is the reason you won the first Superbowl
 5 years ago '05        #140
dblockallday 
space
space
 -BigC- said:
My bad

Eli runs the most intricate complex offensive system in the NFL and that's the only reason he throws interceptions.

ELIte>>>>>> because even though his numbers are average, we know hes ELIte
so you're gonna completely disregard my statements with this lame response?

yes the giants do run the most complex passing system in the nfl (other than maybe the pats but i'm not that well versed in what they're running these days). you can do your research if you want when veteran receivers come to the giants they're shell shocked. similar to what happened to ochocino in new england.

no that's not the only reason eli throws picks. i never said eli was as good or better than anyone. i was simply trying to educate some of you on here that don't understand the difference between a west coast offense which is QB friendly to what the giants run, which puts a lot more on the plate of the QB.

Kingpin 313 said:
Giants fans need to off themselves how you gone sh*t on the defense and give Eli all the credit knowing that the defense is the reason you won the first Superbowl
i can't stand comments like this. who gave eli all the credit? whenever i chop it up with sports fans they always give the D line the credit. but let's not forget the offense scored 2 go ahead touchdowns in the fourth quarter.

Last edited by dblockallday; 07-30-2012 at 11:32 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago