Top ten rated QB's in NFL Madden 13

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
104 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #341
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,811 | Props total: 1520 1520
 WasabiTuna said:
It's a team game. Even if you don't want to admit you know damn well the dline and nicks were more to intergral to the giants playoff run then Eli ...same in 07 except instead of nicks it was Plaxico.
i've been saying "it's a team game" repeatedly in this thread. i was simply using their logic of "so and so carrying the team". nicks was more important? who was throwing him the ball?
 08-01-2012, 09:14 PM         #342
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
89 more pass attempts

16 less touchdowns 7 more interceptions
 5 years ago '07        #343
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,794 | Props total: 446 446
 -BigC- said:
What should I be looking for over the last 8 games? Rodgers had 1 bad game but other then that?
you talking about rodgers going 15-1 you gotta factor in the teams he going up against dont you? along with the injuries
 5 years ago '05        #344
dblockallday 
space
space
 -BigC- said:
89 more pass attempts

16 less touchdowns 7 more interceptions
zero playoff wins
 08-01-2012, 09:21 PM         #345
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NY opponents 133-123
GB opponents 117-139

16 w/l difference

But playing the Packers kind of fu*ks that up when they won fu*king 15 games . But they also beat the tough opponents they played unlike NY
 5 years ago '05        #346
dblockallday 
space
space
 -BigC- said:
NY opponents 133-123
GB opponents 117-139

16 w/l difference

But playing the Packers kind of fu*ks that up when they won fu*king 15 games . But they also beat the tough opponents they played unlike NY
i could have sworn the giants beat the pats on the road and in the superbowl. beat the packers and niners on the road in the playoffs. but i guess since it's the playoffs it doesn't count... but if it does count it's because the defense. interesting logic. regular season > postseason... amidoinitrite

5 years ago '07        #347
24/7foamz 
space
space
 -BigC- said:
NY opponents 133-123
GB opponents 117-139

16 w/l difference

so all 9 of the giant wins during the regular season was against cupcake teams now?
 5 years ago '12        #348
SDC17 38 heat pts38
space
space
$4,045 | Props total: 588 588
 Saintaholic said:
The Saints signed him for 60 mill to come here, Payton knew Brees was the perfect QB for his system thats why they gambled on him. He started out slow in SD and finished strong his last two years there, Rivers sat the bench for a reason. Now Sean Payton's system took him to another level and he's mastered it. He's on this level bc he's entering his 7th year in this system...right now he is the system.
Brees shredded his shoulder in the last game of the season before his free agency, it was practically an excuse to give Rivers the job. (Rivers sat the bench because he was young and just came out of college, there was a roar in camp over his abilities though.)

To this day, I'm okay with the outcome. Payton did take a gamble on Brees and it paid off, he was the perfect fit for his system. However, I honestly believe Rivers could put up the same type of numbers in Payton's offense as Brees could in Turner's offense.

My point was, Brees once upon a time played outdoors and was pretty good, people seem to forget that. If Turner would have been the head coach instead of Marty, Brees would have produced the same type of eye popping numbers outdoors, it was just the offensive system he was in.

Last edited by SDC17; 08-01-2012 at 09:35 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #349
dblockallday 
space
space
i don't even know what is being debated at this point. i at no point in this thread claimed eli was as good or better than anyone. i simply pointed out some things about the system the giants run which very few people understand (even giants fans) and it gets twisted into whatever people want to believe to fit their agenda. it's like a combination of eli/giants haters and overly defensive packers/saints fans that think i'm putting down their QBs.

at the end of the day the only thing that matters is championships. any QB in the league would trade all their regular season stats for the lombardi trophy. football is a team sport. eli doesn't get either of his rings without the defense playing well, just like the team doesn't win the chips without eli doing his thing. it's the most absolute team sport there is.

ranking QBs is completely subjective as i've said many times. opinions are opinions not facts.
 5 years ago '07        #350
24/7foamz 
space
space
 dblockallday said:
i don't even know what is being debated at this point. i at no point in this thread claimed eli was as good or better than anyone. i simply pointed out some things about the system the giants run which very few people understand (even giants fans) and it gets twisted into whatever people want to believe to fit their agenda. it's like a combination of eli/giants haters and overly defensive packers/saints fans that think i'm putting down their QBs.

at the end of the day the only thing that matters is championships. any QB in the league would trade all their regular season stats for the lombardi trophy. football is a team sport. eli doesn't get either of his rings without the defense playing well, just like the team doesn't win the chips without eli doing his thing. it's the most absolute team sport there is.

ranking QBs is completely subjective as i've said many times. opinions are opinions not facts.
all this started because i agreed with tazbk when i said brees put up crazy numbers because 11 out of his 16 games is in domes/good weather..its not a diss to brees to say if he was on the giants his numbers would be lower because once nov dec comes around you gonna have to depend on the running game more because the weather gets worst up here.i dont see whats the big deal
 5 years ago '12        #351
SDC17 38 heat pts38
space
space
$4,045 | Props total: 588 588
Rivers is the best QB in December no matter where he plays.
 08-01-2012, 10:25 PM         #352
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
-Bigc*nt- posting non stop about Eli in here throwin rocks at the throne? No way... Can't be.

Eli Winning Out Here.
 5 years ago '04        #353
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 SDC17 said:
Rivers is the best QB in December no matter where he plays.
Great! What about January and February?
 5 years ago '05        #354
Salazar10033 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,126 | Props total: 10 10
ALEX SMITH is a 98

[pic - click to view]

10-26-2012, 12:04 PM         #355
nysdgiants 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there is some truth to the giants offense. there's currently two other teams running a similar system tampa and tennesse because of the OC a.ssociation with Coughlin and Gilbride.

here's an article as to why Josh Freeman this year can look elite and at times look lost.

Here's why progress takes time in the Bucs' new offense

"What’s also obvious is that there have been some head-scratching throws from Freeman in recent weeks, ones where it seems he’s throwing to an opponent or no one at all. At times, it’s a matter of inaccuracy. But in some instances, it’s a product of the quarterback and receiver making slightly different reads."

the first sentence can be used to describe eli manning in 05-07.

Streak and Read Principle Offense:

other players new to the system.

Vincent Jackson (Sirius) compares Coryell/West Coast vs. Streak and Read: from a scheme standpoint its torture right now. Whether that does seem to be a little more flexibility in this offense of course every offense has rules and you -- think you got to stick with him. Those are pretty common but, we have more options in this offense you know with different receivers of positions and you know quarterback seeing what the receivers are seeing just being definitive of making good decisions a quarterback it's gonna read that. And through that make him make the choice though before he goes with the ball. Instead of you know more in a West Coast offense where you know where you will be, everything has this depth that you break here, it's nice in this offense to have a little more off flexibility within the system. Sirius Transcript

Dallas Clark compares Indy Offense to Bucs New Offense (mike sullivan): "It's different, but it's fun, Clark said after Tuesday's practice. "There's absolutely no carryover from what I dealt with in Indy – and I didn't think that was possible. It's all fresh and it's all new, which makes this camp pretty important for me." Article

Last edited by nysdgiants; 10-26-2012 at 12:07 PM..
 10-26-2012, 12:30 PM         #356
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^
 10-26-2012, 03:34 PM         #357
nysdgiants 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SDC17 said:
Brees shredded his shoulder in the last game of the season before his free agency, it was practically an excuse to give Rivers the job. (Rivers sat the bench because he was young and just came out of college, there was a roar in camp over his abilities though.)

To this day, I'm okay with the outcome. Payton did take a gamble on Brees and it paid off, he was the perfect fit for his system. However, I honestly believe Rivers could put up the same type of numbers in Payton's offense as Brees could in Turner's offense.

My point was, Brees once upon a time played outdoors and was pretty good, people seem to forget that. If Turner would have been the head coach instead of Marty, Brees would have produced the same type of eye popping numbers outdoors, it was just the offensive system he was in.

brees was in norvs system because of cam cameron and marty ran the same coryell system that norv runs. its not all about the system but the coach/play caller (payton) and this season is an example of that. brees still looks like brees in certain games or series but at times he doesn't look like brees and that's because of payton.

payton/saints offense is closer to the patriots/giants/bucs/titans than chargers/rams/steelers/ravens. the personel packages and schemes may be different but look at the qb lines calls (mike backer for protection calls) other teams have their O-line adjusting the protection not the qb. also the site adjustment of receivers at pre-snap and post snap reads. other systems have their receivers run single routes not multiple routes.

Option anxiety was Chad Ochocinco’s real problem in New England

"One of the reasons Chad Ochocinco simply didn't become a factor in New England, according to several sources, is that he could never stick and stay with the complexities of the option route concept. Not that Chad's unintelligent by any means, but he wasn't asked to do such things at any level of football -- not at Santa Monica (Community) College, not at Oregon State, and not with the Cincinnati Bengals."

"At times, there are four decisions that a receiver needs to make after the snap the way our offense is, receivers coach Chad O'Shea told Bedard. "That's one of the advantages of our offense, that we give players a lot of flexibility within the system to take what the defense gives us. And that's definitely something that's unique about our offense."
 5 years ago '10        #358
Matrix 52 heat pts52
space
space
$9,508 | Props total: 48 48
Why was this thread bumped..
 5 years ago '11        #359
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8380 8380
 nysdgiants said:
there is some truth to the giants offense. there's currently two other teams running a similar system tampa and tennesse because of the OC a.ssociation with Coughlin and Gilbride.

here's an article as to why Josh Freeman this year can look elite and at times look lost.

Here's why progress takes time in the Bucs' new offense

"What’s also obvious is that there have been some head-scratching throws from Freeman in recent weeks, ones where it seems he’s throwing to an opponent or no one at all. At times, it’s a matter of inaccuracy. But in some instances, it’s a product of the quarterback and receiver making slightly different reads."

the first sentence can be used to describe eli manning in 05-07.

Streak and Read Principle Offense:

other players new to the system.

Vincent Jackson (Sirius) compares Coryell/West Coast vs. Streak and Read: from a scheme standpoint its torture right now. Whether that does seem to be a little more flexibility in this offense of course every offense has rules and you -- think you got to stick with him. Those are pretty common but, we have more options in this offense you know with different receivers of positions and you know quarterback seeing what the receivers are seeing just being definitive of making good decisions a quarterback it's gonna read that. And through that make him make the choice though before he goes with the ball. Instead of you know more in a West Coast offense where you know where you will be, everything has this depth that you break here, it's nice in this offense to have a little more off flexibility within the system. Sirius Transcript

Dallas Clark compares Indy Offense to Bucs New Offense (mike sullivan): "It's different, but it's fun, Clark said after Tuesday's practice. "There's absolutely no carryover from what I dealt with in Indy – and I didn't think that was possible. It's all fresh and it's all new, which makes this camp pretty important for me." Article
 nysdgiants said:
brees was in norvs system because of cam cameron and marty ran the same coryell system that norv runs. its not all about the system but the coach/play caller (payton) and this season is an example of that. brees still looks like brees in certain games or series but at times he doesn't look like brees and that's because of payton.

payton/saints offense is closer to the patriots/giants/bucs/titans than chargers/rams/steelers/ravens. the personel packages and schemes may be different but look at the qb lines calls (mike backer for protection calls) other teams have their O-line adjusting the protection not the qb. also the site adjustment of receivers at pre-snap and post snap reads. other systems have their receivers run single routes not multiple routes.

Option anxiety was Chad Ochocinco’s real problem in New England

"One of the reasons Chad Ochocinco simply didn't become a factor in New England, according to several sources, is that he could never stick and stay with the complexities of the option route concept. Not that Chad's unintelligent by any means, but he wasn't asked to do such things at any level of football -- not at Santa Monica (Community) College, not at Oregon State, and not with the Cincinnati Bengals."

"At times, there are four decisions that a receiver needs to make after the snap the way our offense is, receivers coach Chad O'Shea told Bedard. "That's one of the advantages of our offense, that we give players a lot of flexibility within the system to take what the defense gives us. And that's definitely something that's unique about our offense."

5 years ago '04        #360
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
27 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
127 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
80 comments
21 hours ago