Top ten rated QB's in NFL Madden 13

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #261
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,794 | Props total: 446 446
 -BigC- said:
People aren't laughing because his team just won the superbowl and generally football fans give 100% of the credit for every SB to the QB.

And more excuses as to why bad things don't matter and Eli only does things right. You do realize these things also happen to other players? Drops, bad routes, wrong routes, bad tips, pressure bleh bleh bleh. And other teams run offenses just as complicated as the Giants, your being delusional again
so wasnt eli thrown in the elite convo after his first title?
 5 years ago '05        #262
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,811 | Props total: 1520 1520
 -BigC- said:
The west coast offenses(generally) are just as complicated.
maybe i should word it differently then. i'm speaking in regards to being turnover prone. the streak n read/option offense can lead to many more mix ups because the receivers have the freedom to change their routes. i've already detailed several examples of this. even if the receiver makes the right read, if the QB is getting pressured it can lead to bad things because he doesn't know exactly where his guys will be.

in the west coast system the QB knows exactly where his receivers will be and when they'll be there. there is no guess work involved. simply read the defense and you should know who to throw the ball to.

i'm not trying to paint the WC system as some simple, easy to execute offense. but i feel it's much easier on the QB in regards to limiting turnovers and completing a higher percentage of passes.

you try to portray eli as this turnover prone QB but then when i explain logical reasons why some of his turnovers occur, you twist it as i'm saying eli is perfect and never makes mistakes.
 07-31-2012, 09:57 PM         #263
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
But again other QBs have the same problems. Receivers run the wrong routes all the time. Tip balls occur all the time. Eli is a turnover prone QB there is no debating this.

Eli wasn't ranked as high after his 1st title. But I have disagreed with his ranking ever since his first title.

Put it this way: If Romo won 2 titles with his current stats he would not be on Brady/Peyton/Arods level. QBs get 1000x to much credit for titles.
 5 years ago '05        #264
dblockallday 
space
space
 -BigC- said:
But again other QBs have the same problems. Receivers run the wrong routes all the time. Tip balls occur all the time. Eli is a turnover prone QB there is no debating this.

Eli wasn't ranked as high after his 1st title. But I have disagreed with his ranking ever since his first title.

Put it this way: If Romo won 2 titles with his current stats he would not be on Brady/Peyton/Arods level. QBs get 1000x to much credit for titles.
but again, other QBs are not in offenses where the receivers have freedom to change their routes. you continually ignore that the giants offense is vastly different than a west coast offense. other QBs may have to deal with a receiver running the wrong route here or there if the receiver forgets the play, but not on a play to play basis otherwise the guy will get benched for being an idiot. tip balls occur all the time, eli had an inordinate amount of tipped balls in 2010 which led to his high int number.

stop trying to generalize everything. "every qb has those problems" dude have you not been reading anything that i have posted? no other QB runs the system the giants do. whether you think it's more or less complicated or not is irrelevant.
 5 years ago '05        #265
dblockallday 
space
space
The New York Giants with Coughlin and Gilbride from 2004–present known as a Streak and Read Principle Offense. Which was coined by Jim Miller (New York Giants back up Quarterback in 2005) in Ralph Vacchiano's book .
"It's different than it was at Michigan," Manningham said. "At Michigan, it was man or zone. That's all you needed to know. Now you need to know what the backside corners are doing, what the water boy is doing and everybody else."
That's because the Giants have an offense that employs a "streak-read principle" for its receivers. The routes don't just depend on the play that's called in the huddle. They have to make sight adjustments when they get to their spot in the formation based on where the cornerbacks and safeties are aligned.
"You've got to look at DBs and (middle) linebackers. You've got to look at the whole defense," Manningham said. "The routes depend on what the coverage is. You come out and you know what you've got to do, but it may change the whole thing after you get done looking at the coverage."
Articles:

"Explained very simply, Manning has the ability to change the play to almost anything in that week’s game plan, based on what he sees in the defensive alignment. And when he calls a pass play, the receivers have several options to change their routes on each play, depending on what the defense does. It’s complicated and hard to learn, and it can be very tricky for the quarterback and receiver to make sure they’re seeing exactly the same thing out of each defender."

Kevin Gilbride 2011 Giants WR & TE: "I’d rather let you answer that than me,” Gilbride says. “Let me just say that I’m very proud of the guys that I work with. We started with five new guys and then we had all of the injuries and the youth and the guys who haven’t played and some of the things that we ask them to do. You don’t just, in our offense, go out and run a 12-yard curl or a 10-yard in-cut. We ask them to read a lot of things. We put a lot of pressure on receivers to see things as a quarterback would. It’s very difficult as a coach to get those things coordinated."
 07-31-2012, 10:13 PM         #266
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1; said:
It’s a demanding system. It can be confusing. It can be frustrating, too, especially to a young player. It’s also explosive, “quarterback-friendly,” potent, and the most prolific offensive system the Giants franchise has ever seen.

Every west coast offense does the same thing. Read and react its what nearly every fu*king offense in the NFL does
 5 years ago '05        #267
dblockallday 
space
space
i don't get it...

i'm waiting on you to show me all the other teams that run an offense similar to the giants.

07-31-2012, 10:17 PM         #268
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So cam isnt a 90?
 07-31-2012, 10:19 PM         #269
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm waiting on myself to ever say that I would show you a god damn thing

Because other QBs don't run the exact same fu*king plays gives you the go ahead to excuse Eli from being turnover prone?

NY logic
 5 years ago '05        #270
dblockallday 
space
space
 -BigC- said:

Because other QBs don't run the exact same fu*king plays gives you the go ahead to excuse Eli from being turnover prone?

NY logic
you can't possibly be this idiotic.

edit: found this pic, thought a visual might help.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by dblockallday; 07-31-2012 at 10:39 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #271
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 KeepinItTrill said:
I just think the 97 for Eli is too high I'm not saying he sucks . They gave Brees and Brady 98's, and Eli is not RIGHT below him. I'd realistically give him a 94-95. The top 3 are obv. Rodgers, Brees and Brady, and then there's a sizeable gap in QB talent IMO when you get to the Eli's, Rivers, Big Ben's, etc

and Romo deserves about a 92-93 IMO
Sizeable gap? Please. Ask Brady if he thinkgs Eli is in his class. The man would have 5 rings if it wasn't for that dude. Eli outplayed Rodgers TWICE last year. Yes twice, Giants were robbed in that regular season game by multiple blown calls. Fools act like Eli didn't just throw for 4,900 yards on the League and set the record for 4th qtr TD's with multiple comebacks. How many outdoor/road playoff games has Brees won? Oh, I'll let you know, he is 0-3. Check Eli's.
 5 years ago '05        #272
dblockallday 
space
space
 tazbk said:
Sizeable gap? Please. Ask Brady if he thinkgs Eli is in his class. The man would have 5 rings if it wasn't for that dude. Eli outplayed Rodgers TWICE last year. Yes twice, Giants were robbed in that regular season game by multiple blown calls. Fools act like Eli didn't just throw for 4,900 yards on the League and set the record for 4th qtr TD's with multiple comebacks. How many outdoor/road playoff games has Brees won? Oh, I'll let you know, he is 0-3. Check Eli's.
be careful the stat geeks are out. regular season completion percentages and QB ratings are more valued than clutch game winning superbowl drives
 5 years ago '07        #273
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,794 | Props total: 446 446
 tazbk said:
thank you i had this discussion on here a while ago dont get me wrong brees is a monster but i hear people talking about eli is not on brees level

brees have 8 games in a dome(9 including Atl is a dome game) then whats the temp in car and tampa bay in november/december?

meanwhile eli have 8 games in that windy stadium and have to play in wash and philly which is cold.

also lets not act like brees dont pad his stats...how many times had the saints have the game in the bag and brees still throwing the ball all over the field like its still a close game
 07-31-2012, 10:52 PM         #274
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
More context for why Eli doesn't throw for 10000 yards a season. fu*k if only Eli had every single thing go his way we would be able to appreciate how great he really is huh?
 5 years ago '04        #275
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,585 | Props total: 439 439
Vick should be around 79
 5 years ago '07        #276
Escobar97 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,661 | Props total: 563 563
Tebow should be 100 and his back up Sanchez should be 98...this is clearly fake.
 5 years ago '05        #277
dblockallday 
space
space
 24/7foamz said:
thank you i had this discussion on here a while ago dont get me wrong brees is a monster but i hear people talking about eli is not on brees level

brees have 8 games in a dome(9 including Atl is a dome game) then whats the temp in car and tampa bay in november/december?

meanwhile eli have 8 games in that windy stadium and have to play in wash and philly which is cold.

also lets not act like brees dont pad his stats...how many times had the saints have the game in the bag and brees still throwing the ball all over the field like its still a close game
i forgot to mention that as well about stat padding. brees is a beast but the saints ALWAYS run up the score on teams. they'll be up like 4 or 5 scores in the 2nd half and still be throwing the ball around when the other team already gave up.

the dome thing is another good point that is certainly a factor.

the bottom line is this and i've said this many times in here already... rating/grading/ranking QBs is extremely subjective. there is no cut and dry method to it. they all are on different teams with different players, different coaches, etc. Eli is a beast and i'll just leave it at that.
 5 years ago '04        #278
bigdog232 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,020 | Props total: 388 388
Still gon play wit San Fran and the Texans...
 5 years ago '12        #279
SDC17 38 heat pts38
space
space
$4,042 | Props total: 583 583
 dblockallday said:
be careful the stat geeks are out. regular season completion percentages and QB ratings are more valued than clutch game winning superbowl drives
I don't think it matters considering Eli was just as clutch in the regular season, if not more clutch than any other Quarterback.

-BigC- said:

NY logic
You're seriously going to sit here and say that the type of offense ran by Eli or any Quarterback for that matter, doesn't have an effect on the outcome of their passes?

No one in the NFL runs the same type of offense as the NYGs. Tampa Bay will be the only team to run a similar offense, this will be the first year they do it though.

Eli does throw a lot of interceptions, a decent amount of them can be blamed on their offensive system, others can be blamed on poor decisions he made. There's absolutely no doubt that their offense can be risky at times and cause turnovers. I'm not even from New York, I could care less about the Giants.

Football logic.
 5 years ago '07        #280
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
I haven't been on the Eli bash-brigade nor the Eli suck fest,

But we've got patrons from both parties in here

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy