Top ten rated QB's in NFL Madden 13

most viewed right now
 75
Image(s) inside Kanye West - Love Everyone [COVER]
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 67
Big Gipp Exposes What REALLY Happened Between Pimp C & Master P Forcing P TO L..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 53
Image(s) inside Finished my 18 years of child support
220 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 42
Image(s) inside Diddy pens letter to Pusha and Kanye proclaiming "Daytona" a CLASSIC
129 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 07-31-2012, 08:57 PM         #261
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
But again other QBs have the same problems. Receivers run the wrong routes all the time. Tip balls occur all the time. Eli is a turnover prone QB there is no debating this.

Eli wasn't ranked as high after his 1st title. But I have disagreed with his ranking ever since his first title.

Put it this way: If Romo won 2 titles with his current stats he would not be on Brady/Peyton/Arods level. QBs get 1000x to much credit for titles.
 6 years ago '05        #262
dblockallday 
space
avatar space
space
$8,919 | Props total: 1674 1674
 -BigC- said:
But again other QBs have the same problems. Receivers run the wrong routes all the time. Tip balls occur all the time. Eli is a turnover prone QB there is no debating this.

Eli wasn't ranked as high after his 1st title. But I have disagreed with his ranking ever since his first title.

Put it this way: If Romo won 2 titles with his current stats he would not be on Brady/Peyton/Arods level. QBs get 1000x to much credit for titles.
but again, other QBs are not in offenses where the receivers have freedom to change their routes. you continually ignore that the giants offense is vastly different than a west coast offense. other QBs may have to deal with a receiver running the wrong route here or there if the receiver forgets the play, but not on a play to play basis otherwise the guy will get benched for being an idiot. tip balls occur all the time, eli had an inordinate amount of tipped balls in 2010 which led to his high int number.

stop trying to generalize everything. "every qb has those problems" dude have you not been reading anything that i have posted? no other QB runs the system the giants do. whether you think it's more or less complicated or not is irrelevant.
 6 years ago '05        #263
dblockallday 
space
avatar space
space
$8,919 | Props total: 1674 1674
The New York Giants with Coughlin and Gilbride from 2004–present known as a Streak and Read Principle Offense. Which was coined by Jim Miller (New York Giants back up Quarterback in 2005) in Ralph Vacchiano's book .
"It's different than it was at Michigan," Manningham said. "At Michigan, it was man or zone. That's all you needed to know. Now you need to know what the backside corners are doing, what the water boy is doing and everybody else."
That's because the Giants have an offense that employs a "streak-read principle" for its receivers. The routes don't just depend on the play that's called in the huddle. They have to make sight adjustments when they get to their spot in the formation based on where the cornerbacks and safeties are aligned.
"You've got to look at DBs and (middle) linebackers. You've got to look at the whole defense," Manningham said. "The routes depend on what the coverage is. You come out and you know what you've got to do, but it may change the whole thing after you get done looking at the coverage."
Articles:




"Explained very simply, Manning has the ability to change the play to almost anything in that week’s game plan, based on what he sees in the defensive alignment. And when he calls a pass play, the receivers have several options to change their routes on each play, depending on what the defense does. It’s complicated and hard to learn, and it can be very tricky for the quarterback and receiver to make sure they’re seeing exactly the same thing out of each defender."

Kevin Gilbride 2011 Giants WR & TE: "I’d rather let you answer that than me,” Gilbride says. “Let me just say that I’m very proud of the guys that I work with. We started with five new guys and then we had all of the injuries and the youth and the guys who haven’t played and some of the things that we ask them to do. You don’t just, in our offense, go out and run a 12-yard curl or a 10-yard in-cut. We ask them to read a lot of things. We put a lot of pressure on receivers to see things as a quarterback would. It’s very difficult as a coach to get those things coordinated."
 07-31-2012, 09:13 PM         #264
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1; said:
It’s a demanding system. It can be confusing. It can be frustrating, too, especially to a young player. It’s also explosive, “quarterback-friendly,” potent, and the most prolific offensive system the Giants franchise has ever seen.

Every west coast offense does the same thing. Read and react its what nearly every fu*king offense in the NFL does
 6 years ago '05        #265
dblockallday 
space
avatar space
space
$8,919 | Props total: 1674 1674
i don't get it...

i'm waiting on you to show me all the other teams that run an offense similar to the giants.

 07-31-2012, 09:17 PM         #266
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So cam isnt a 90?
 07-31-2012, 09:19 PM         #267
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm waiting on myself to ever say that I would show you a god damn thing

Because other QBs don't run the exact same fu*king plays gives you the go ahead to excuse Eli from being turnover prone?

NY logic
 6 years ago '05        #268
dblockallday 
space
avatar space
space
$8,919 | Props total: 1674 1674
 -BigC- said:
I'm waiting on myself to ever say that I would show you a god damn thing

Because other QBs don't run the exact same fu*king plays gives you the go ahead to excuse Eli from being turnover prone?

NY logic
you can't possibly be this idiotic.



edit: found this pic, thought a visual might help.


[pic - click to view]



Last edited by dblockallday; 07-31-2012 at 09:39 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #269
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,686 | Props total: 17 17
 KeepinItTrill said:
I just think the 97 for Eli is too high I'm not saying he sucks . They gave Brees and Brady 98's, and Eli is not RIGHT below him. I'd realistically give him a 94-95. The top 3 are obv. Rodgers, Brees and Brady, and then there's a sizeable gap in QB talent IMO when you get to the Eli's, Rivers, Big Ben's, etc

and Romo deserves about a 92-93 IMO
Sizeable gap? Please. Ask Brady if he thinkgs Eli is in his class. The man would have 5 rings if it wasn't for that dude. Eli outplayed Rodgers TWICE last year. Yes twice, Giants were robbed in that regular season game by multiple blown calls. Fools act like Eli didn't just throw for 4,900 yards on the League and set the record for 4th qtr TD's with multiple comebacks. How many outdoor/road playoff games has Brees won? Oh, I'll let you know, he is 0-3. Check Eli's.
 6 years ago '05        #270
dblockallday 
space
avatar space
space
$8,919 | Props total: 1674 1674
 tazbk said:
Sizeable gap? Please. Ask Brady if he thinkgs Eli is in his class. The man would have 5 rings if it wasn't for that dude. Eli outplayed Rodgers TWICE last year. Yes twice, Giants were robbed in that regular season game by multiple blown calls. Fools act like Eli didn't just throw for 4,900 yards on the League and set the record for 4th qtr TD's with multiple comebacks. How many outdoor/road playoff games has Brees won? Oh, I'll let you know, he is 0-3. Check Eli's.
be careful the stat geeks are out. regular season completion percentages and QB ratings are more valued than clutch game winning superbowl drives
 6 years ago '07        #271
24/7foamz 
space
avatar space
space
$14,922 | Props total: 535 535
 tazbk said:
Sizeable gap? Please. Ask Brady if he thinkgs Eli is in his class. The man would have 5 rings if it wasn't for that dude. Eli outplayed Rodgers TWICE last year. Yes twice, Giants were robbed in that regular season game by multiple blown calls. Fools act like Eli didn't just throw for 4,900 yards on the League and set the record for 4th qtr TD's with multiple comebacks. How many outdoor/road playoff games has Brees won? Oh, I'll let you know, he is 0-3. Check Eli's.
thank you i had this discussion on here a while ago dont get me wrong brees is a monster but i hear people talking about eli is not on brees level

brees have 8 games in a dome(9 including Atl is a dome game) then whats the temp in car and tampa bay in november/december?

meanwhile eli have 8 games in that windy stadium and have to play in wash and philly which is cold.

also lets not act like brees dont pad his stats...how many times had the saints have the game in the bag and brees still throwing the ball all over the field like its still a close game
 07-31-2012, 09:52 PM         #272
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
More context for why Eli doesn't throw for 10000 yards a season. fu*k if only Eli had every single thing go his way we would be able to appreciate how great he really is huh?
 6 years ago '04        #273
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,665 | Props total: 532 532
Vick should be around 79
 6 years ago '07        #274
Escobar97 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,896 | Props total: 809 809
Tebow should be 100 and his back up Sanchez should be 98...this is clearly fake.
 6 years ago '05        #275
dblockallday 
space
avatar space
space
$8,919 | Props total: 1674 1674
 24/7foamz said:
thank you i had this discussion on here a while ago dont get me wrong brees is a monster but i hear people talking about eli is not on brees level

brees have 8 games in a dome(9 including Atl is a dome game) then whats the temp in car and tampa bay in november/december?

meanwhile eli have 8 games in that windy stadium and have to play in wash and philly which is cold.

also lets not act like brees dont pad his stats...how many times had the saints have the game in the bag and brees still throwing the ball all over the field like its still a close game
i forgot to mention that as well about stat padding. brees is a beast but the saints ALWAYS run up the score on teams. they'll be up like 4 or 5 scores in the 2nd half and still be throwing the ball around when the other team already gave up.

the dome thing is another good point that is certainly a factor.

the bottom line is this and i've said this many times in here already... rating/grading/ranking QBs is extremely subjective. there is no cut and dry method to it. they all are on different teams with different players, different coaches, etc. Eli is a beast and i'll just leave it at that.
 6 years ago '04        #276
bigdog232 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,025 | Props total: 395 395
Still gon play wit San Fran and the Texans...
 6 years ago '12        #277
SDC17 38 heat pts38
space
avatar space
space
$4,087 | Props total: 654 654
 dblockallday said:
be careful the stat geeks are out. regular season completion percentages and QB ratings are more valued than clutch game winning superbowl drives
I don't think it matters considering Eli was just as clutch in the regular season, if not more clutch than any other Quarterback.

 -BigC- said:
I'm waiting on myself to ever say that I would show you a god damn thing

Because other QBs don't run the exact same fu*king plays gives you the go ahead to excuse Eli from being turnover prone?

NY logic
You're seriously going to sit here and say that the type of offense ran by Eli or any Quarterback for that matter, doesn't have an effect on the outcome of their passes?

No one in the NFL runs the same type of offense as the NYGs. Tampa Bay will be the only team to run a similar offense, this will be the first year they do it though.

Eli does throw a lot of interceptions, a decent amount of them can be blamed on their offensive system, others can be blamed on poor decisions he made. There's absolutely no doubt that their offense can be risky at times and cause turnovers. I'm not even from New York, I could care less about the Giants.

Football logic.
 6 years ago '07        #278
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
I haven't been on the Eli bash-brigade nor the Eli suck fest,

But we've got patrons from both parties in here

 6 years ago '07        #279
24/7foamz 
space
avatar space
space
$14,922 | Props total: 535 535
 dblockallday said:
i forgot to mention that as well about stat padding. brees is a beast but the saints ALWAYS run up the score on teams. they'll be up like 4 or 5 scores in the 2nd half and still be throwing the ball around when the other team already gave up.

the dome thing is another good point that is certainly a factor.

the bottom line is this and i've said this many times in here already... rating/grading/ranking QBs is extremely subjective. there is no cut and dry method to it. they all are on different teams with different players, different coaches, etc. Eli is a beast and i'll just leave it at that.
i agree i also tend to add injuries in judging a qb.

just for example imagine if vick was the best qb in the league,and rodgers,brees eli etc is right behind him.vick would dip on my list because he's guranteed to miss 3 or 4 games a season.that can mess your teams whole season up this not the nba or mlb you have 16 games.thats why its hard for me to trade eli for any other qb in the league because he havnt missed a game yet in his career...lmao i hope i dont jinx him now
 6 years ago '05        #280
dblockallday 
space
avatar space
space
$8,919 | Props total: 1674 1674
 SDC17 said:
I don't think it matters considering Eli was just as clutch in the regular season, if not more clutch than any other Quarterback.



You're seriously going to sit here and say that the type of offense ran by Eli or any Quarterback for that matter, doesn't have an effect on the outcome of their passes?

No one in the NFL runs the same type of offense as the NYGs. Tampa Bay will be the only team to run a similar offense, this will be the first year they do it though.

Eli does throw a lot of interceptions, a decent amount of them can be blamed on their offensive system, others can be blamed on poor decisions he made. There's absolutely no doubt that their offense can be risky at times and cause turnovers. I'm not even from New York, I could care less about the Giants.

Football logic.
yea tampa took a bunch of our coaches, specifically gilbride's son.



i think they even got the D coordinator we fired after 09 when our D was atrocious

i think bigc is just stubborn. he takes what i'm saying as "if eli played in a west coast system he would never throw a single interception, and if brees/rodgers/etc played in the giants system, they would throw 30 picks every year" which is not the case at all.

i'm glad you understand the point i was trying to get across. RESPECT
 24/7foamz said:
i agree i also tend to add injuries in judging a qb.

just for example imagine if vick was the best qb in the league,and rodgers,brees eli etc is right behind him.vick would dip on my list because he's guranteed to miss 3 or 4 games a season.that can mess your teams whole season up this not the nba or mlb you have 16 games.thats why its hard for me to trade eli for any other qb in the league because he havnt missed a game yet in his career...lmao i hope i dont jinx him now
another good point. i never worry about eli getting hurt. even after he gets crushed with big hits i just expect him to get up and shake it off. dude is tough as hell.


Last edited by dblockallday; 07-31-2012 at 10:24 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 99
yall seen this bi-ch fu-king yet? my word!
46 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 42
Image(s) inside This guy slaps your girls ass... wyd
107 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 37
I will marry this woman for real.
100 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
NBA This nigga Wilt Chamberlain a hater
63 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside She Paints ...
54 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Video inside Guaranteed method to overcome laziness
36 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Amber rose slept with 21 savage best friend
196 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 19
Article inside Cable customer forced oral sex on repairman:
134 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy