Top ten rated QB's in NFL Madden 13

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
76 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
134 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
38 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #201
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
Thats about where I would have it, only thing I would change is Big Ben would switch spots with Payton Manning.
 07-31-2012, 04:00 PM         #202
slap73 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Based_One said:
thats fake brah madden knows damn well Smith ain't no damn 98 n*gga prolly rated between 82-85
Yeah This Is Fake Madden Trippin if this is correct!!
 5 years ago '05        #203
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,820 | Props total: 1525 1525
 -BigC- said:
Madden always hates on the Giants

Everybody is always against the Giants. The world is against you huh
they took away eli's clutch trait after the week 1 loss against the redskins last year

and under "player traits" for pocket presence they have eli as "oblivious"

eli has some of if not the best pocket awareness/presence in the game and they have his trait as "oblivious".

Tikyle2 said:
Eli and Ben are clutch but they're overrated. I'll take Peyton (if he can still throw a 40 yard down the seam) and Rivers over them any day. Both of those dudes play on teams with top 2 defenses!
wait the giants are a top 2 defense?

and why did no one hate on brees when he had like 20 picks a couple years ago? but eli has a season with like 15 picks that are catchable balls tipped up in the air for picks by his receivers and he's a turnover machine? i'll say it again, ranking/rating and comparing QBs is completely subjective.
 SDC17 said:
They've both been starting the same amount of years.

Rivers 3,451 yards and 14 more TDs, only 6 more INTS. More playoff wins and better head-to-head. Plus, a better winning percentage with a 63-33 record compared to Romo's record of 47-30.

Romo only has a better QB Rating than Rivers, 96.4 to his 95.8. What does rating even mean though? Rivers and Aaron Rodgers are the only Quarterbacks to post a season of a 100+ QB rating in three consecutive seasons.

How many playoffs wins does Romo have again, one?
rivers benefits from dinking it off to his RBs for big YAC gains which pad his stats.

Last edited by dblockallday; 07-31-2012 at 04:12 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #204
dblockallday 
space
space
 wjcorner said:
Holy sh*t people are really trying to say the option system is tougher than the west coast??? The west coast offense has the smallest Windows and quickest drop steps in the league. QBs have to know the defensive alignment before snap to flourish. Peyton played in the same option system as Eli and wasn't a INT machine. That's a sorry excuse
peyton did not play in the same type of system. peyton audibles his receivers routes at the line of scrimmage which is not the same at all. peyton threw 28 picks his rookie year and also had another year with 23 and another year with 19.

the west coast system is far easier for the QB. they know exactly when and where their receivers are gonna be there is no guess work involved. it's why guys like vick that can't read a defense to save their life can still have success.

Last edited by dblockallday; 07-31-2012 at 04:23 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #205
SDC17 38 heat pts38
space
space
$4,046 | Props total: 589 589
 dblockallday said:
rivers benefits from dinking it off to his RBs for big YAC gains which pad his stats.
Rivers is one of the best deep ball/big play Quarterbacks in the game, besides Dallas runs tons of WR screens and dump off passes compared to San Diego.

Last edited by SDC17; 07-31-2012 at 04:37 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #206
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 dblockallday said:
no peyton did not play in that system. peyton audibles his receivers routes at the line of scrimmage which is not the same at all.

the west coast system is far easier for the QB. they know exactly when and where their receivers are gonna be there is no guess work involved. it's why guys like vick that can't read a defense to save their life can still have success.
Andy Reid doesn't run a real west coast offense, he runs a spread with west coast elements. And Vick didn't run the west coast well here when we had Knapp. And Peyton did run an option route scheme, that's any time he threw a pick he'd always be pissed at the receiver saying you should've done this.

And the option read isn't as complex as you're making it sound, it's a zone read that Vick did here where receivers run at certain depths based on coverage/man alignment and determine the route based on the depth of the break. The windows are usually wide open for a QB to throw into because the route is completely dependent on the coverage. If its a cover 2, the QB has a wide open cover 2 buster, if its outside man alignment the slant is wide open, etc. etc...in the west coast you have your routes and you have to fit the ball in tighter places with pinpoint accuracy because beyond different break points, the options for a receiver in his route are limited. All slants in the cover 2 have to be fit between 2 LBs, seam against all 2 has to hit the back shoulder fade(one of the toughest throws to get right and visualize btw), etc...the windows start closing up and that's where great QBs have to throw their man open. 9 routes that are covered don't become comebacks with the WCO, unlike the option read.
 5 years ago '04        #207
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,125 | Props total: 998 998
 SmooveDude said:
staff with the 91....my boy

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #208
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 Saintaholic said:

You did not......you said its not a big deal and failed to mention other QBs similar in stature who were worth a damn. Thats the question Im referring to......you've dodged it the past few pages. You said it like 6 foot QBs are a dime a dozen like every scout is dying to have one. I never said you said Drew's pocket presence wasn't good all I said in summary was that guys see QBs running around and automatically think they're superior to a QB with decent athleticism and superior pocket presence. A scrambling QB is just as frustrating to a DLINE as a QB who slides in the pocket and gets rid of the ball quickly......Brees and Rodgers are great in their own ways.

/rant
Which is exactly what I've been saying. You're the one who pulled out the laundry list of stats
 5 years ago '05        #209
dblockallday 
space
space
 SDC17 said:
Rivers is one of the best deep ball/big play Quarterbacks in the game, not to mention Dallas runs tons more WR sscrens and dump off passes compared to San Diego.
i agree but he also dinked it off a lot to tomlinson and then sproles who are 2 of the best YAC Rbs ever. i wasn't trying to say romo was better or anything by making that statement.
 wjcorner said:
Andy Reid doesn't run a real west coast offense, he runs a spread with west coast elements. And Vick didn't run the west coast well here when we had Knapp. And Peyton did run an option route scheme, that's any time he threw a pick he'd always be pissed at the receiver saying you should've done this.

And the option read isn't as complex as you're making it sound, it's a zone read that Vick did here where receivers run at certain depths based on coverage/man alignment and determine the route based on the depth of the break. The windows are usually wide open for a QB to throw into because the route is completely dependent on the coverage. If its a cover 2, the QB has a wide open cover 2 buster, if its outside man alignment the slant is wide open, etc. etc...in the west coast you have your routes and you have to fit the ball in tighter places with pinpoint accuracy because beyond different break points, the options for a receiver in his route are limited. All slants in the cover 2 have to be fit between 2 LBs, seam against all 2 has to hit the back shoulder fade(one of the toughest throws to get right and visualize btw), etc...the windows start closing up and that's where great QBs have to throw their man open. 9 routes that are covered don't become comebacks with the WCO, unlike the option read.
i understand completely what you're saying. what i'm saying is the read option can lead to many more turnovers and mistakes because both the QB and receivers have to read the same thing pre and post snap. it's much more complicated in that sense than the west coast offense. i understand what you're saying as far as the WC offense being difficult because you have to be accurate and make very quick decisions... but that doesn't change the fact you know where and when your receivers will be. all you have to read is the defense. you don't have to worry about your receiver being where he's supposed to be. in that sense it's easier for the QB post snap to say "o crap they're in this defense, so x and y will be covered, i better check it down or just take the sack" where as if eli is pressured and about to get sacked, he'll be thinking based on what he saw that his receiver will be in a specific area, but he might not be if the receiver isn't on the same page. it's much more difficult for the QB in that sense in my opinion.

like i said earlier the giants offense is much more dependent on streak n read plays than other offenses. some offenses might have 1 receiver running an option while everyone else is running a specific route. that's not the case with the giants. the receivers have much more freedom in this offense. they can change their route in, out, keep going deep or stop for a hitch. all based on the coverage as well as how the corner is playing them.

Last edited by dblockallday; 07-31-2012 at 04:47 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #210
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 dblockallday said:
i agree but he also dinked it off a lot to tomlinson and then sproles who are 2 of the best YAC Rbs ever. i wasn't trying to say romo was better or anything by making that statement.
i understand completely what you're saying. what i'm saying is the read option can lead to many more turnovers and mistakes because both the QB and receivers have to read the same thing pre and post snap. it's much more complicated in that sense than the west coast offense. i understand what you're saying as far as the WC offense being difficult because you have to be accurate and make very quick decisions... but that doesn't change the fact you know where and when your receivers will be. all you have to read is the defense. you don't have to worry about your receiver being where he's supposed to be. in that sense it's easier for the QB post snap to say "o crap they're in this defense, so x and y will be covered, i better check it down or just take the sack" where as if eli is pressured and about to get sacked, he'll be thinking based on what he saw that his receiver will be in a specific area, but he might not be if the receiver isn't on the same page. it's much more difficult for the QB in that sense in my opinion.

like i said earlier the giants offense is much more dependent on streak n read plays than other offenses. some offenses might have 1 receiver running an option while everyone else is running a specific route. that's not the case with the giants. the receivers have much more freedom in this offense. they can change their route in, out, keep going deep or stop for a hitch. all based on the coverage as well as how the corner is playing them.
That's great and all, but why are you trying to make it seem like Eli is the only QB who could exceed in that sort of offense? In all actuality an option read offense puts more pressure on the receivers than the QB. You said it yourself: the QB doesn't know where he'll put the ball when he snaps it because routes could change, but receivers are the one who finds the right option to get open. In fact, one could argue that sort of system can mask the inadequacies of a quarterback's intelligence. Not saying that's the case with Eli, but it's true.
 5 years ago '12        #211
SDC17 38 heat pts38
space
space
 dblockallday said:
I'll give you that, about LT and Sproles, however, I don't think he 'padded' his stats with such plays. Rivers honestly didn't get to come into his own until Norv took over that offense, LT carried the load for a good two years with Rivers starting. (He didn't become a true juggernaut through the air until about 08.)
 5 years ago '07        #212
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,797 | Props total: 450 450
 Tikyle2 said:
Eli and Ben are clutch but they're overrated. I'll take Peyton (if he can still throw a 40 yard down the seam) and Rivers over them any day. Both of those dudes play on teams with top 2 defenses!
you can tell who just started watching the giants once they made the playoffs last year
 5 years ago '04        #213
xRipAnT24x 
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 521 521
 SDC17 said:
They've both been starting the same amount of years.

Rivers 3,451 yards and 14 more TDs, only 6 more INTS. More playoff wins and better head-to-head. Plus, a better winning percentage with a 63-33 record compared to Romo's record of 47-30.

Romo only has a better QB Rating than Rivers, 96.4 to his 95.8. What does rating even mean though? Rivers and Aaron Rodgers are the only Quarterbacks to post a season of a 100+ QB rating in three consecutive seasons.

How many playoffs wins does Romo have again, one?

good points.. but all you really did was explain why rivers have been better than romo in the previous madden games.. why is rivers rated better than romo this year tho ?.. thats where my post comes into play
 5 years ago '05        #214
uptwnclwn 
space
space
$1,056 | Props total: 0 0
Glad to see that they showing Eli Love
 5 years ago '12        #215
bkkid92 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,432 | Props total: 4071 4071
I'm about to go ham with my guy Eli like always
 5 years ago '05        #216
dblockallday 
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
That's great and all, but why are you trying to make it seem like Eli is the only QB who could exceed in that sort of offense? In all actuality an option read offense puts more pressure on the receivers than the QB. You said it yourself: the QB doesn't know where he'll put the ball when he snaps it because routes could change, but receivers are the one who finds the right option to get open. In fact, one could argue that sort of system can mask the inadequacies of a quarterback's intelligence. Not saying that's the case with Eli, but it's true.
i'm not trying to imply that at all (that only eli could excel in this type of offense). like i said in earlier posts i'm curious how other QBs could do in this offense as well as i'm curious if eli would be better off or worse in a west coast style offense. i was simply giving my opinion on why eli's stats may not stack up with some of the other elite QBs. the giants type of offense leads to many big plays but it also leads to plenty of mix ups which in turn become incompletions, turnovers, negative plays etc if the QB and receiver aren't on the same page. that's why i said rating/ranking QBs is purely subjective because they're not all in the same system with the same coaches, receivers, o-line, running game support etc etc.

the route tree options definitely put more pressure on the receivers. but i don't see how you could spin it as masking the QB's inadequacies. the QB has to read the defense pre and post snap and then throw it to a spot on the field they a.ssume their receiver will be based on the coverage. so it's a lot of thinking on the fly especially if the defense is well disguised pre snap. part of the reason i think we struggled against the redskins was because they disguised their defense well. london fletcher said it on nfl network when they asked him "how do you stop eli? how do you beat the giants?" he basically said you have to confuse him, disguise the coverage you're in as best as possible so he can't make a pre snap read.

i used to hate the fact that we ran this type of offense. every time i saw eli throw the ball and it land no where near a receiver and eli would have that look as he was grilling the receiver that ran the wrong route lol. but in turn it got us 2 superbowls so i can't complain that much. it's all about having smart receivers that study hard and have good chemistry with the QB. i think a guy like manningham would have put up much better numbers in a more simple system where he could just run a route and not have to worry about adjustments. where as a guy like cruz excels in this offense because he's smart and hard working.

Last edited by dblockallday; 07-31-2012 at 05:29 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #217
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 e G o Maniac said:
Which is exactly what I've been saying. You're the one who pulled out the laundry list of stats
They were NFL records not just stats
 07-31-2012, 05:53 PM         #218
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 24/7foamz said:
you can tell who just started watching the giants once they made the playoffs last year
The Giants weren't sh*t until the defense stepped up

Eli gets about 100x more credit then he deserves for the 2 Giant superbowls. sh*t even Peyton got to much credit for his
 5 years ago '12        #219
SDC17 38 heat pts38
space
space
 xRipAnT24x said:
good points.. but all you really did was explain why rivers have been better than romo in the previous madden games.. why is rivers rated better than romo this year tho ?.. thats where my post comes into play
Who the hell said Madden only rates a player based on only the previous year? I thought they came up with their ratings based off of their career/previous year(s).

It doesn't make much sense to base a rating off of a single year of play, if that's the case you could have a 65 QB turn 85 the next year. Would that player deserve that rating? Hell no. I honestly have no idea what their formula is, it just makes sense to have the better player ranked higher.
 07-31-2012, 06:23 PM         #220
BALLONHOES 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Palmer will be in the 90's after a few weeks...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
150 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
73 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy