Pitchfork Reviews Rick Ross' 'God Forgives, I Don't' (6.8/10)

most viewed right now
 96
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 86
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
85 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 68
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 50
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
20 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
aughustla706 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$85 | Props total: 0 0
i think the thing with Ross is this....he has the best production on his albums outside of Kanye, could u imagine jay-z having all those justice league tracks,......ross can really ride a beat but i think he trys to blow like biggie so much and he doesntt have presence on his tracks and the beats drown him out.

10 Jesus Pieces is perfect example and so is Diced Pineapples...when stalley came in his presence took over the track, ross veres's and hooks sounds the same, Wales verse on diced pinapples k!lled ross, just like jay's presence on 3 kings, and i think its safe to say ross/kendrick lamar wrote that.

Ross has a great catalouge, but most of ross's best songs have features like maybach music 1, and 2, luxury tax, most all nas featured tracks....i wish nas's album sounded like this!!!!

All in all its a good 7.5 , just seams like ive heard this album before in teflon don, and rich forever...ross needs to reach out of his zone next album, get some joints from just blaze, More Kanye, 40 and t-minus, no id, etc!!!
 5 years ago '12        #82
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
avatar space
space
$10,010 | Props total: 4965 4965

[pic - click to view]

>>>>
[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '12        #83
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
avatar space
space
$10,010 | Props total: 4965 4965
The funny thing to me is as soon as they saw a better review than the 3 that white boy gave Ross they rather camped out in this thread

That 3 got n*ggas shook

God Forgives, Reviews Dont in stores today

































Young!
 5 years ago '12        #84
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$12,480 | Props total: 13030 13030
 aughustla706 said:
i think the thing with Ross is this....he has the best production on his albums outside of Kanye, could u imagine jay-z having all those justice league tracks,......ross can really ride a beat but i think he trys to blow like biggie so much and he doesntt have presence on his tracks and the beats drown him out.

10 Jesus Pieces is perfect example and so is Diced Pineapples...when stalley came in his presence took over the track, ross veres's and hooks sounds the same, Wales verse on diced pinapples k!lled ross, just like jay's presence on 3 kings, and i think its safe to say ross/kendrick lamar wrote that.

Ross has a great catalouge, but most of ross's best songs have features like maybach music 1, and 2, luxury tax, most all nas featured tracks....i wish nas's album sounded like this!!!!

All in all its a good 7.5 , just seams like ive heard this album before in teflon don, and rich forever...ross needs to reach out of his zone next album, get some joints from just blaze, More Kanye, 40 and t-minus, no id, etc!!!
I dont think ross is trying to be biggie. Ross has just exhausted himself. Lets be real. Ross can spit some deep lyrical sh*t when he wants to. Hes proven it over and over again. Just look at all his tracks with nas. Look at Teflon don, rich forever(2012),DTR,etc. The problem with ross is that he releases too much material and he overexposes himself. He basically released 2 albums within a 7 month period( rich forever, GFID). He runs out of material, so he gets lazy. Not to mention, hes competing with himself since hes on so many tracks. Look at ross since he built mmg. Hes doing too much.

2012 is the only year where ross got lazy on the mic. He'd spit hard on tracks like rich forever or triple beams, then he'd turn right back around and do some trap bullsh*t. Dude can spit but he has so much material out that he has to make a bunch of fillers and save lyrics for later tracks. Just think about all the songs ross released this year and all the songs he was featured on. Ross is becoming tired cause hes working to hard. Plus hes still having health issues. Album was solid as usual and it was still a very well crafted album. Only thing that got ross on this album was the lyrical portion. His rhymes were average on certain tracks and there were other tracks like Amsterdam, so sophisticated, MM4, Diced pineap[ples, pirates where i thought he was above avg in my opinion. But alot of people wanted the full package. Ross should have expanded his subject on this album. Other than that, album was good and still one of the best Ive heard all year. Ross doesnt know how to slow down and hold his material cause hes so scared of losing his buzz. Its hurting him. He even said in an interview that he only gets 3 hrs of sleep a day. Hell prob release another album material mixtape within the 7-8 months.


Last edited by daman729; 07-31-2012 at 02:28 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #85
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
avatar space
space
$10,010 | Props total: 4965 4965
 daman729 said:
I dont think ross is trying to be biggie. Ross has just exhausted himself. Lets be real. Ross can spit some deep lyrical sh*t when he wants to. Hes proven it over and over again. Just look at all his tracks with nas. Look at Teflon don, rich forever(2012),DTR,etc. The problem with ross is that he releases too much material and he overexposes himself. He basically released 2 albums within a 7 month period( rich forever, GFID). He runs out of material, so he gets lazy. Not to mention, hes competing with himself since hes on so many tracks. Look at ross since he built mmg. Hes doing too much.

2012 is the only year where ross got lazy on the mic. He'd spit hard on tracks like rich forever or triple beams, then he'd turn right back around and do some trap bullsh*t. Dude can spit but he has so much material out that he has to make a bunch of fillers and save lyrics for later tracks. Just think about all the songs ross released this year and all the songs he was featured on. Ross is becoming tired cause hes working to hard. Plus hes still having health issues. Album was solid as usual and it was still a very well crafted album. Only thing that got ross on this album was the lyrical portion. His rhymes were average on certain tracks and there were other tracks like Amsterdam, so sophisticated, MM4, Diced pineap[ples, pirates where i thought he was above avg in my opinion. But alot of people wanted the full package. Ross should have expanded his subject on this album. Other than that, album was good and still one of the best Ive heard all year. Ross doesnt know how to slow down and hold his material cause hes so scared of losing his buzz. Its hurting him. He even said in an interview that he only gets 3 hrs of sleep a day. Hell prob release another album material mixtape within the 7-8 months.

[pic - click to view]

 07-31-2012, 08:32 AM         #86
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
the thing I found funny is that it talked bad about MM4, 3 Kings and Dice Pineapples which are probably gonna be in people top 4-5 songs on the album, from what I seen by peoples comments on twitter.

Id give it a 8.5, its not a perfect album, but its pretty damn good.
true. im diggin the album. i know he hyped it up, but what artist doesnt.
 5 years ago '09        #87
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
Album is fire, yall n*ggas are trippin Beats are dope, his lyrics are improved , what yall n*ggas want? How do people not think this isnt better than all his other albums?
 07-31-2012, 09:25 AM         #88
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TERRANCE CRACK said:
Album is fire, yall n*ggas are trippin Beats are dope, his lyrics are improved , what yall n*ggas want? How do people not think this isnt better than all his other albums?
The album is indeed fire. A lot better than Rich Forever.


This is a G-Unit forum as you can probably tell from the LLoyd Banks videos, a Mod said that their are some posters who have 20 different alias-accounts so you might have 1 person using 20 different accounts to say the same thing and co-sign themselves.

It's scary, only trust the ones who are credible.


This album may be a little to Soulfull for some people songs like Amsterdam, Ashamed, Sixteen, Rich Forever, MM4 & Presidential don't have the euro/techno sound that people grew to love on WTT, it's a Soulfull vibe...rich lush elegant Black.
 5 years ago '12        #89
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$16,392 | Props total: 5652 5652
 Killa said:
Not only once. To all his fu*king mixtapes, all that bullsh*t he records on phone, drops on DatPiff and calls it a "mixtape"
and that n*gga got tapes on top of tapes... he dropped 4 mixtapes this month alone....
 5 years ago '12        #90
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$16,392 | Props total: 5652 5652
 1994Nuisance said:
What if Ross came out and said "I brea$t feed Gunplay" right before the album release????>>>>>10/10
THAT WAS ROZAY ON TIME MAGAZINE A FEW WEEKS BACK......
 5 years ago '12        #91
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$16,392 | Props total: 5652 5652
 daman729 said:
I dont think ross is trying to be biggie. Ross has just exhausted himself. Lets be real. Ross can spit some deep lyrical sh*t when he wants to. Hes proven it over and over again. Just look at all his tracks with nas. Look at Teflon don, rich forever(2012),DTR,etc. The problem with ross is that he releases too much material and he overexposes himself. He basically released 2 albums within a 7 month period( rich forever, GFID). He runs out of material, so he gets lazy. Not to mention, hes competing with himself since hes on so many tracks. Look at ross since he built mmg. Hes doing too much.

2012 is the only year where ross got lazy on the mic. He'd spit hard on tracks like rich forever or triple beams, then he'd turn right back around and do some trap bullsh*t. Dude can spit but he has so much material out that he has to make a bunch of fillers and save lyrics for later tracks. Just think about all the songs ross released this year and all the songs he was featured on. Ross is becoming tired cause hes working to hard. Plus hes still having health issues. Album was solid as usual and it was still a very well crafted album. Only thing that got ross on this album was the lyrical portion. His rhymes were average on certain tracks and there were other tracks like Amsterdam, so sophisticated, MM4, Diced pineap[ples, pirates where i thought he was above avg in my opinion. But alot of people wanted the full package. Ross should have expanded his subject on this album. Other than that, album was good and still one of the best Ive heard all year. Ross doesnt know how to slow down and hold his material cause hes so scared of losing his buzz. Its hurting him. He even said in an interview that he only gets 3 hrs of sleep a day. Hell prob release another album material mixtape within the 7-8 months.
nobody in the WORLD does more promo then rick ross...NOBODY
 5 years ago '05        #92
R0R0 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$5,803 | Props total: 11 11
 otherside said:
knew this album wasn't going to get good reviews!!! we have already heard most the tracks, there is nothing even the slightest bit Musically interesting on it... Ross not Versatile anymore, he got 1 Flow followed by a handful of ad-libs

who gives a fu*k about a "Jay-Z & Dre" Feature?? Same goes with any Ross/Meek collab (they have done sooo many)... he bombed on "Touch'N You ft. Usher"

I'm just going to stop there, Ross hyped this album up to be Huge & it turned out to be a total Flop!! he should have released "Rich Forever" as his album, Incredible Mixtape btw... now he got to Hype Meeks Album up even though i feel like it will get pushed back
AGREED HORRIBLE ALBUM TRACKS FROM MIXTAPES GARBAGE
 5 years ago '04        #93
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$43,409 | Props total: 11788 11788
It really is a great album

dude has a ear for beats
 5 years ago '05        #94
cyPherNautz 
space
avatar space
space
$539 | Props total: 0 0
Hold Me Back was one hell of an annoying song!
 5 years ago '12        #95
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$12,480 | Props total: 13030 13030
why do people keep praising rich forever? That sh*t was garbage compared to GFID. GFid is better musical wise and lyrical wise as an overall project and it was more solid.I mean, did you even listen to RF? Cause that whole tape had like 5 songs that were similar and a bunch of throwaways where you can tell ross wasnt even trying to spit on. Atleast on GFID, he spit a whole lot better than he did on RF. And GFID had way better beat section and it was varied, while RF had a bunch of repetitive trap beats. But i do agree that he shouldnt have put triple beam and rich forever on the mixtape in the fireplace and just put it on the album. But what difference does it make anyway? Its still all his music.


Last edited by daman729; 07-31-2012 at 01:21 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #96
Da Truth23 91 heat pts91
space
avatar space
space
$5,068 | Props total: 2554 2554
6.8? I gave that sh*t 8.4..

Maybach Music IV
Triple Beam Dreams
3Kings
 5 years ago '05        #97
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$22,110 | Props total: 4241 4241
 HATEWILL! said:

[pic - click to view]

name and address?
 07-31-2012, 09:32 PM         #98
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ill give it an A+ on production and car worthiness. But its the same sh*t as everything else really...
 5 years ago '08        #99
damion_mob_30 
space
avatar space
space
$545 | Props total: 2 2
i dont like ross that much but this album isnt that bad! i will give ross credit tho! the nikka got one hell of an imagination! even with this album and all the features ross aint fu*kin wit jezZy!!

another gold plaque is in order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugggggggggghhhhh
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 84
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
34 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 49
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
74 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 40
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 35
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 29
vida guerra
84 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 18
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
85 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy