Pitchfork Reviews Rick Ross' 'God Forgives, I Don't' (6.8/10)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #21
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,132 | Props total: 11396 11396
 Killa said:
If you say so..
I do.

but I will say I dont think there are any radio k!llers here, its a concept album for the most part, laid back and smooth, but nothing I could see being top 40.
 5 years ago '05        #22
D-Clutch 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,950 | Props total: 1448 1448
What the fu*k is wrong with all these Ross stans on BX defending the sh*t out of this album? It was boring and nothing special, I think Ross is nice and has a great ear for beats but this sh*t was just not that good. Production wasn't even special, Ross wasn't special, no replay value, this album is a snoozefest with a couple of nice tracks on it.

Ross can do way better than this.
 5 years ago '11        #23
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 D-Clutch said:
What the fu*k is wrong with all these Ross stans on BX defending the sh*t out of this album? It was boring and nothing special, I think Ross is nice and has a great ear for beats but this sh*t was just not that good. Production wasn't even special, Ross wasn't special, no replay value, this album is a snoozefest with a couple of nice tracks on it.

Ross can do way better than this.

[pic - click to view]

07-30-2012, 11:18 AM         #24
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k the hipsters and backpackers....ross make music for the dudes into money and women
 5 years ago '12        #25
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
Yall some funny dudes man, ill give yall that.

If i was watching Danny Marino throw beams on Sunday, what would it mean if I said that:

If you asked once:
That Boy is the Goat!!!

If asked me twice:
My Dog is throwin that Heat!!!!

If asked me three times
That Man right there is Pretty Darn Good!!!

So because I switch up superlatives (note the alliteration) Im softening my stance?
 07-30-2012, 01:21 PM         #26
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The album might be a little too Soulful for some people who have trained their ears to the Euro sound on WTT.
 07-30-2012, 01:29 PM         #27
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AuthenticMade said:
Its not a difference in alliteration though. You'd never call Michael Jordan "pretty darn good"...you'd say that about Carmelo lol

Mike Jordan or Kobe Bryant would slap the p!ss out of you for saying they're pretty darn good. We insiders call Michael Jordan the GOAT and know that him getting 6 Rings and all those scoring titles while also making sure plenty of Hall of Famers during his time never got to see a ring meant he was seriously the best.

Not pretty darn good. Good day sir, you defeated your own argument
He has you typing up a frenzy.

Are you always this easily disturbed?
 5 years ago '12        #28
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
 cubes said:

lil b fan catching feelings

and i forgot

Last edited by Dee352; 07-30-2012 at 01:35 PM..
 07-30-2012, 01:44 PM         #29
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AuthenticMade said:
Now, now fella I know you got your little crew of supporters on here. But admit it your son 44wade got caught out there.

I didnt see your opinion get shook after some corny white boy magazine reviewed this album, howcome his did?
I didn't get all giddy when Rolling Stone gave GFID 4/5 and I didn't get grumpy when PitchFork gave it 6.8/10. Im more into the 1-5 Mics & the XXL ratings and opinions are opinions.

I have never seen people invest so much energy into something/somebody they dislike for no valid reason like this, it's odd. 44Wade is simply sharing his opinion and he gets attacked from every angle by G-Unit/Shady/CTE/WGM and others.

It's really sad.
 5 years ago '12        #30
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,467 | Props total: 12990 12990
This sh*t dont surprise me. Pitchfork dont like hiphop albums anyway. That album was solid. Straight up. The only n*ggas complaining about that album are dudes who dont like ross anyway. We know whats going on. This is boxden. Where ross is hated with a passion cause n*ggas like to follow jeezy, 50 and shady. Be real. That sh*t ignorant to me. Like that other guy said, the lowest you can give this album is a 7.5 and thats after after being very critical. But on a average scale, its a 8.0-8.5 to me. Boxden aint the only place to get reviews. Go to any any unbiased forum,blog,review,etc and you will that between 85-90% of the reviews for that album were positive. Atleast thats what I saw when I looked it up. And I search multiple places. Why would I depend on a biased forum to tell me the truth? Most people dont have this album anyway cause everybody doesnt have access to high speed internet to get the leak and everybody isnt computer savy to get the leak. By Wednesday, you'll have more reviews coming in anyway after the album release. Watch the perception of that album change and watch the real unbiased reviews come in. Same exact thing happened with teflon don. Just like when these dudes say RF is better than GFID and we all know that RF was a throwaway promo project with tons of added last minute, cheap instrumentals and we all know GFID was more complete, better lyrically and musically and wasnt as repetitive as RF. GFID was another solid project just like the others
 5 years ago '12        #31
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
Who did I attack?

And I never backed away from an opinion.

sh*t rides to me, oh Im sorry, ITS THE GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME, Thriller aint got sh*t on this.

Cool?

stumble never fall leanin on my pistol - 44Wade
 5 years ago '10        #32
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
 Graftedgenes said:
I didn't get all giddy when Rolling Stone gave GFID 4/5 and I didn't get grumpy when PitchFork gave it 6.8/10. Im more into the 1-5 Mics & the XXL ratings and opinions are opinions.

I have never seen people invest so much energy into something/somebody they dislike for no valid reason like this, it's odd. 44Wade is simply sharing his opinion and he gets attacked from every angle by G-Unit/Shady/CTE/WGM and others.

It's really sad.
Coming from u out of all people.
 5 years ago '05        #33
JuiceDigaho 
space
space
$982 | Props total: 221 221
it's a sh*tty album from a sh*tty poser of an artist no matter who is reviewing
 5 years ago '12        #34
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,467 | Props total: 12990 12990
 1994Nuisance said:
Maybe I should have reworded it different. Pitchfork dont know how to critique hiphop albums. Either that, or they are d!ck riders or get cut a check. Pitchfork gets tons of complaints even by genres outside of hiphop. These the same cats who gave lil b a 8/10, childish gambino a 1.6/10, gave big krit a 6.8/10 and theres alot more. ALot of there hiphop reviews are extremely low with an exception of some. They cant critique sh*t in hiphop. Period. When you take alot of these thing in account, that's the conclusion you get. This is just my opinion.

Last edited by daman729; 07-30-2012 at 03:07 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #35
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Should be lower. The Rest of Ross' Catalog>>>>>>>>GFID.
 5 years ago '04        #36
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 otherside said:
knew this album wasn't going to get good reviews!!! we have already heard most the tracks, there is nothing even the slightest bit Musically interesting on it... Ross not Versatile anymore, he got 1 Flow followed by a handful of ad-libs

who gives a fu*k about a "Jay-Z & Dre" Feature?? Same goes with any Ross/Meek collab (they have done sooo many)... he bombed on "Touch'N You ft. Usher"

I'm just going to stop there, Ross hyped this album up to be Huge & it turned out to be a total Flop!! he should have released "Rich Forever" as his album, Incredible Mixtape btw... now he got to Hype Meeks Album up even though i feel like it will get pushed back
Total agreement........This album is not exactly trash but its nowhere near a classic.......3 1/2 mics....3 mics because its Ross....His lyrics alone garner that much respect.........
 5 years ago '05        #37
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,300 | Props total: 5487 5487
Like I said after the snippets dropped. RF being free, and GFID being the retail release was the biggest L of the year.

Def Jam done dropped the ball.

I personally wouldn't rate GFID less than a 7.

RF was at least a 9, and it was free.

Last edited by ice wolf; 07-30-2012 at 03:14 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #38
Taste Maker 29 heat pts29
space
space
$3,683 | Props total: 188 188
I give it a 9.
 07-30-2012, 03:14 PM         #39
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Athavan 789 said:
Coming from u out of all people.
If you are talking about your hero 50-Cent I don't make 50-Cent threads like you make Ross threads and I always give you valid reasons why the negativity and beefing hurt NYs HipHop scene when 50-Cent was on top.

This album will get good reviews from HipHop publications so the premature celebration that you see is from people who respect PitchFork because they give LiL B 8/10.
 5 years ago '11        #40
TooMuchSulli 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 0 0
There isnt a track on this joint that is better than BMF, Aston Martin, tears of Joy, Im a Star, free mason...

and thats the truth

and that album was just good, not great

ross LAWSE

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
39 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy