most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
407 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #41
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
 King856 said:
double standards are disgusting. Ask Obama if a white person has helped him.

we aint racist, we only care about OUR people / sarcasm
Dude be honest with yourself. Black people (and other minorities) are playing "catch up" in terms of acquired wealth. For that reason alone, blacks helping blacks is not considered racism.

Did you forget that we have no power and collectively at the top of every negative statistic and at the bottom of every good statistic? How can you seriously get mad a black people trying to improve their collective status in life?! You are so off base.

Last edited by Pete Butter; 07-30-2012 at 10:40 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #42
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
 King856 said:
now when white people use this logic don't cry. because we all know thats what happens. White man looks out for 1 race and he's racist black woman does it and she is helping HER people
i dont and i havent. its people's money, they can spend it how they see fit. its not like she used that money to print signs saying "i hate white people", thats racist

people spend their money how they see fit
 07-30-2012, 10:44 AM         #43
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King856 said:
double standards are disgusting. Ask Obama if a white person has helped him.

we aint racist, we only care about OUR people / sarcasm
Obama is half white himself, not sure where your going with this, I just explained the contrast between a scholarship specifically aimed at people of specific color, dispute it all you want but you show me 1 scholarship or establishment for whites only that does not have racist undertones, and I will show you several scholarships or establishments aime for blacks that is more diverse and equal opportunity then the latter.........as I said HISTORY has shown us this.......dispute facts all you want, it does not make the truth any less real all because some pea brain idiot wants to make a fuss over nothing.
 07-30-2012, 11:00 AM         #44
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Award Information:

Amount of Scholarship: Maximum: $2000
Application Deadline: 31-Mar-06
Requirements: Applicant must be a current student or incoming freshman at a Historically Black College or University. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and apply to be accepted at an accredited college (excluding proprietary schools) in the United States. Applicant must be a full-time student. If a student drops below the required full-time status, the Scholarship Selection Committee will adjust the grant received to 50% of the award allocated for that semester. Applicants must posess a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (C+) on a 4.0 system. NAACP membership and participation is highly desirable. Applicant must demonstrate financial need. Members of the National NAACP Board of Directors, SCF Trustees, National Youth Work Committee, the NAACP Scholarship Selection Committe, employees and their spouses or families to the first degree of consanguinity are not eligible to apply for or receive this scholarship.Please submit the following with your completed typed application: Three letters of recommendation (other than relatives):One personal reference, one academic reference and one NAACP reference. The NAACP letter of recommendation should be from the Advisor of the Youth Council or College Chapter; member of the Executive Committee of the Branch, Youth or College Chapter; member of the National Board; SCF Trustees; member of the National Youth Work Committee; or NAACP employee, except for those persons who are current members of the Scholarship Committee. Persons submitting letters must specify title and use NAACP letterhead. Recent official transcript of grades. One page essay. Financial Verification Information. Evidence of full-time enrollment or application for full-time enrollment. If selected, verification of enrollment must be furnished.
Eligibility: College freshman

Sponsorship provided by:

The United Negro College Fund
8260 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive
Fairfax, VA 22031
USA
Phone Number: 703 205 3400

Dont see a requirement that you must be black on there..........do you? There are plent of white freshman who attend HBU's
 07-30-2012, 11:11 AM         #45
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
only 500? bi*ch im not impressed....u a billionaire
 5 years ago '11        #46
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 King856 said:
you don't have to be black to apply, but show me some whites who were APPROVED

He got a full scholarship to Morehouse
 5 years ago '11        #47
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 DrX said:
only 500? bi*ch im not impressed....u a billionaire
What have u done sir?

And she's not even counting the countless women she has helped. She has a school for women in Africa. Have you even donated 17 cents a day to help feed an African child?

5 years ago '07        #48
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,838 | Props total: 2105 2105
I gotta say if Bill Gates said he put 500 caucasians thru college it would be deemed racist by other races. But I dont care about that, my input here was about ppl always tellin others what they should do with their money. Man it aint easy givin away money. She's givin away a lot of it and helped blacks tremendously but some jealous n*gga always gotta come on here and say she should be giving more.
 5 years ago '04        #49
dubious76 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 99 99
Oprah helping out my alma mater.

Yeah...

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #50
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
and when you say catch up I a.ssume being wealthy is like a race to you, so don't get mad when whites hire whites so they can stay ahead
How is that any different from what is going on right now?

how can you get mad for white people trying to coleectively maintain their status in life?
This issue I have with this mentality is that black people have to work harder to obtain the same positions/pay raises as their white counterparts.

Its about being fair and giving everyone a legitimate chance to succeed. Clearly you understand that minorities are falling behind in terms of wealth. How can you disagree with Oprah lending a hand if she desires to.
 5 years ago '06        #51
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,362 | Props total: 5600 5600
 Awhite87 said:
Dig up cesar chavez and ask him where ya scholarship is
 5 years ago '10        #52
LEE OH 8 heat pts
space
space
$700 | Props total: 68 68
 King856 said:
first off I never said she was racist, but if it's ok for her to help her people then the same principal should be applied to all races.

and when you say catch up I a.ssume being wealthy is like a race to you, so don't get mad when whites hire whites so they can stay ahead

mad? I'm not mad at all. Your logic is flawed, because I disagree I have to be mad. you sound like an idiot man

how can you get mad for white people trying to coleectively maintain their status in life?

Well put, it seems like the people that are mad are the ones losing this so called race to be rich and have all this social status. Seems like they're just envious its not them. But lets say black people do pull ahead in this race and become the most wealthiest race with a higher status of life. Will things really be any more diff than whats happening now? Things will just be flipped and black people will act the same as whites. It might be worse bc out of envy and hatred blacks will try to bring down the white man in every way possible and set the human race back a few centuries. Just a theory tho. Not trying to offend any one. On the Oprah thing I think if she's gonna help send people go to college she should help those that perform very well in school and want to continue going but just dont have the means to continue. In her tweet she should of left out the african american part. Just my opinion.. I don't think its about your race any more. tho I do a agree there is some racism still alive I dont think its enough to stop the black man from doing anything.

Last edited by LEE OH; 07-30-2012 at 12:31 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #53
LyricalSkyllz 
space
space
$750 | Props total: 472 472
 Skratch said:
i saw this and was like Only 500 tho? she got enough money to put 100k+ ppl through college, i bet the 500 ppl she put through college wont even americans, i dont even gaf but the bi*ch act like she really doing something out here
Damn son. Prime example... Give an inch some other n*gga mad you didn't give a mile.
 5 years ago '10        #54
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,150 | Props total: 15674 15674
 Skratch said:
i saw this and was like Only 500 tho? she got enough money to put 100k+ ppl through college, i bet the 500 ppl she put through college wont even americans, i dont even gaf but the bi*ch act like she really doing something out here
she isnt obligated to do anything. How many other clebs have the power to do such a thing yet havent put a single child through school? Plus that is only 500 on top of all the other charitable contributions she has made.
 5 years ago '10        #55
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
 R3KT915 said:
But I still applaude her for it
Not one of the 500.
 5 years ago '06        #56
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,362 | Props total: 5600 5600
boxden never runs out of dumb a.sses.
 07-30-2012, 12:59 PM         #57
cov 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
500 black men doesn't mean she's given back to the ghettos. every black man isn't from the ghetto. how many black women has she put through?

surprised oprah came back at hime with such snark. she actually lost in this one cuz it opens her up to critique. who are these men, exactly how did she help them? Did she pay for their college fully or was it like $2,000 scholarships. What colleges did these men go to and how have they fared since? If she'd have said "I'm trying", or ignored it or acknowledge that the ghettos in America need help she'd have come off better to me.

And what's the span of time? 500 a year? 500 in the last twenty years?
 07-30-2012, 01:16 PM         #58
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King856 said:
now when white people use this logic don't cry. because we all know thats what happens. White man looks out for 1 race and he's racist black woman does it and she is helping HER people
Oprah is a private citizen. She isn't a politician. That's what people have a problem with, white politicians looking to help white people when they were elected to help everybody. Examples being about the first 10-15 presidents of the USA.
 5 years ago '07        #59
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,385 | Props total: 16060 16060
 HATEWILL! said:
Damn shes racist wheres the white boy scolarships you bi*ch
did you go to school? sure they got plenty there
 5 years ago '09        #60
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,652 | Props total: 2763 2763
ethered by a billionaire

Don't hurt em Oprah, now come out the closet and all will be well.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
221 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
65 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy