Phat ass white girl for real
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
5894 pageviews
46 comments

JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
Christopher Nolan reveals the five films that influenced The Dark Knight Rises

[pic - click to view]

It doesn’t matter that the film has been out for two weeks now, the only thing everyone is talking about is still Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises.

As some worry about the box office, others are just rejoicing in the film itself.

Christopher Nolan took some time out to talk about which films influenced his final Batman flick and why.

Nolan has been a major proponent in using past films as influence to his cast. He frequently talks about showing many films prior to and in between shoots to everyone working on his film. He says he does it sometimes to change the mood, get them in a mindstate, or simply for a break.

Below are the five films Nolan said influenced him in making the number one film in the world right now. He also provides a little reasoning as to why.

[pic - click to view]

1. Metropolis
“In an era when films had to communicate purely with the visual, the relationship between the themes of the story and the architecture of the setting is clear and expressive.”

[pic - click to view]

2. The Battle of Algiers

“No film has ever captured the chaos and fear of an uprising as vividly as this film.”

[pic - click to view]

http://upload.wikimedia.o .. ity_folded.jpg

3. Prince of the City

“Nobody was better at capturing the unsettling qualities of corruption and its consequence as Sidney Lumet. Not as well- known as known as “Serpico,” but Treat Williams is a revelation.”

[pic - click to view]

4. Doctor Zhivago
“The very definition of historical epic, in which the tangled emotions of its characters are set in stark relief against the grandest of revolutionary backgrounds.”

[pic - click to view]

5. Blade Runner

“Simply the most memorable evocation of all that is spectacular and oppressive about the city.”

[pic - click to view]

Five Films That Influenced Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises | AfterTheCut

46 comments for "Christopher Nolan reveals the five films that influenced The Dark Knight Rises"

5 years ago '08        #2
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 120 120
why did this bi*ch cut her hair so short?
 5 years ago '11        #3
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
^either for a role or simply because she wanted too

Oh yeah every movie he named WILL be watched tonight into tomorrow morning

Last edited by dom; 07-29-2012 at 07:24 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #4
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
Da gawd.
 5 years ago '11        #5
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
 Bleezy said:
Da gawd.
your avy pic with what you posted "Da gawd" makes it seem like she's looking up to heavens at Nolan
 5 years ago '07        #6
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
 DominationCM said:
your avy pic with what you posted "Da gawd" makes it seem like she's looking up to heavens at Nolan
You saw what I did there.
 5 years ago '04        #7
JFamis 235 heat pts235 OP
space
space
 Bleezy said:
Da gawd.
 5 years ago '10        #8
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Word. Prince of the City is based on the life of one of my former college English professors.

Guy named Robert Leuci. He used to be an NYPD cop (was even involved in the actual Frank Lucas investigation). Now he's a writer and English Professor.

I gotta send him this article. He's gonna be amped..

Last edited by TheMindOf; 07-29-2012 at 08:57 PM..
 07-29-2012, 08:53 PM         #9
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pu$$y said:
damn. it's weird though because all of those films had powerful, political messages while TDKR was devoid of any real political commentary or any sort of message at all.
Really?

Cause I swore I read reviews from Liberals and Conservatives swearing it was either Left or Right Wing to suit their cause... And some Liberals called it Right Wing and some Conservatives called it Left Wing.

So I guess they watched another movie.
 07-29-2012, 08:56 PM         #10
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Word. Prince of the City is based on the life of one of my college former English professors.

Guy named Robert Leuci. He used to be an NYPD cop (was even involved in the actual Frank Lucas investigation). Now he's a writer and English Professor.

I gotta send him this article. He's gonna be amped..
"Prince of the City" has maybe the most realistic Drug Fiend Scenes ever filmed.

Good film.
 5 years ago '04        #11
JFamis 235 heat pts235 OP
space
space
 Illstreet said:
Really?

Cause I swore I read reviews from Liberals and Conservatives swearing it was either Left or Right Wing to suit their cause... And some Liberals called it Right Wing and some Conservatives called it Left Wing.

So I guess they watched another movie.
He knows. He made that post on purpose to try and sound above it.
 07-29-2012, 10:31 PM         #12
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pu$$y said:
that must mean it's political. tell me you're joking.

anything can be politicized by the Hannitys and Bashirs, doesn't mean it's actually political
Was there a bash you over the head political statement in "TDKR" as there was in say "Metropolis"? No...

You're statement that

"while TDKR was devoid of any real political commentary or any sort of message at all."
Is just blatantly false and dismissive...

If someone that hates it, like say Stelo, can't shut up about it being "fascist" and "exploiting 9/11"... How does it have no Political Commentary or message?

Again, it might not be "stare at me! Here's the political moral to our story and my proposition of how to fix society", but there are definitely Political undertones in "TDKR".

To act as if there aren't... Is well ridiculous.
 5 years ago '12        #13
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
 Bleezy said:
You saw what I did there.

Da Gawd
 07-29-2012, 10:54 PM         #14
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pu$$y said:
i'm not stelo, fam.

it toyed with elements that seemed political (nuclear destruction, laws based on lies, power being returned to the people/the facade of the promised "power") but it didn't say anything. it didn't do anything with it and it didn't relate it to contemporary society. not saying that everyone has to subscribe to the same tastes as i do, or that every movie has to do that, but he named 5 cultural game-changers in the same breath as his summer blockbuster.
5 Cultural-Game Changers?

Which of those other 4 Films even had a big auidence upon release(Doc Z was big)?

And I understand your stance and statement now, but clearly it's been altered from your original statement which is what I took issue with.

Personally I agree with you for the most part, "TDKR" has no great political message or Agenda, or great social answer... Nor did "TDK" with the supposed Approval of Dubya &the Patriot Act sh*t... It's just Batman films told with a slight slant of being seen thru the prism of current events to give the story more relevance and resonance.

But there is definitely Political stuff in there... There's no debating that... And I would say there are almost certainly SOME of Nolan's feelings on society laced in these films.

Last edited by Illstreet; 07-29-2012 at 10:57 PM..
 07-29-2012, 11:11 PM         #15
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whatever....this movie was a piece of sh*t
 07-29-2012, 11:34 PM         #16
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrX said:
whatever....this movie was a piece of sh*t
Giants Won the Super Bowl...

Leave like you swore you would f*ggot.
 5 years ago '08        #17
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 2400 2400

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #18
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,079 | Props total: 4425 4425
or he just copied a generic action movie plot
 5 years ago '11        #19
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
Giants Won the Super Bowl...

Leave like you swore you would f*ggot.
another account bet?
 07-30-2012, 04:25 AM         #20
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pu$$y said:
damn. it's weird though because all of those films had powerful, political messages while TDKR was devoid of any real political commentary or any sort of message at all.
 pu$$y said:
i'm not stelo, fam.

it toyed with elements that seemed political (nuclear destruction, laws based on lies, power being returned to the people/the facade of the promised "power") but it didn't say anything. it didn't do anything with it and it didn't relate it to contemporary society. not saying that everyone has to subscribe to the same tastes as i do, or that every movie has to do that, but he named 5 cultural game-changers in the same breath as his summer blockbuster.
There are only two options:

Its fascism or just an exploitation of post 9/11 fears.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago