Charles Barkley's Sidekick Kenny Smith Says NO NBA Player Right Now Is Worth The Money They Get

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 07-29-2012, 09:53 AM         #61
WordOnThaStreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
This is why the owners make the money they make. They have huge responsibilities. If the players cannot manage those responsibilities and risk their own money, then they should get paid less. I already offered a good solution. The players can buy some of the team. The owner would still run the team, but the players would share some of the risk. As a reward, they would share the profits as well. That is the fair balance.

As for professions. Do you have any idea how hard it is to become best in your profession. I am not talking about teachers, I did not even mention teachers. I am talking about mainly scientists and engineers. You know, the people who actually make this world progress in terms of technological advancement and medical advancement. You are the one who needs a lesson in life cause you obviously do not understand how it works. If you think just anybody can develop a vaccine or cure then you are the retarded person. If you think just anybody can come up with new theories in physics or biology, which leads to advancements in technology, then you are the retarded person.

Grow the f*ck up and learn how the business world works. There are exceptional people many fields out in the business world who cannot be replaced easily. You think IQ can application of that IQ can just be learned by going to school and studying? It does not work that way. Only a few extremely mentally talented people can bring true advancements into this world. Those people are paid crumbs compared to athletes. I already mentioned the designer of the Iphone for instance. I see you completely ignored that one.

You guys overvalue athletic ability and extremely undervalue intellectual ability.
1. Players can't own teams and play @ the same time because their are things called trades and free agencies that would bring a lot of conflict of interest issues up. Are you high? thats a dumbass "solution" that makes NO SENSE @ all.

2. You're ranting about nothing. You're condemning people for being a part of a successful business and getting paid for it, if you don't like it turn off your cable and go give that money to a school otherwise quit bi*chin about other peoples lives and change yours. You're a part of the problem you're crying about. How much NBA players get paid has NOTHING to do with the funding or salaries in the fields you mentioned. And if someone signs a contract for their work to be the property of a corporation then you need to take it up with the corporations and the govt, not the NBA or its followers. You're not in a position to determine the worth of anything other than what you choose to buy or not buy so just remember when you turn on that game you contradict all the whining you just did.

And i never said athleticism is to be rewarded over intellect

Last edited by WordOnThaStreet; 07-29-2012 at 11:13 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #62
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,315 | Props total: 1085 1085
it isint their play per say more like their worth

how much value they bring to their team and city, how much they make off them, advertising etc

so at the end of the day when you add all that up then u see why they get paid that much

14 - 10 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 58% 84 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 5-2, Rank #152 | Aug 10: 65-31, Rank #103 | Aug 09: 24-11, Rank #102 | Aug 08: 5-0, Rank #370 *
 5 years ago '04        #63
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,599 | Props total: 369 369
 SMACK YO KUFI said:
who cares what these old flabby bald n*ggas think
hey hey.. im bald.. what u sayin..
 5 years ago '04        #64
strat 
space
space
space
$573 | Props total: 669 669
NBA players are the most UNDERPAID players in professional sports. Thats why there is a salary cap, to depress values. Kobe should be making $75 million a year. Im not talking out my a.ss its his value determined by sports economist for his worth to the lakers. So yes you have the mid tier and very good players overpaid a bit, but the superstars should all be making at least 40 million a year.
 5 years ago '04        #65
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,771 | Props total: 1092 1092
 strat said:
NBA players are the most UNDERPAID players in professional sports. Thats why there is a salary cap, to depress values. Kobe should be making $75 million a year. Im not talking out my a.ss its his value determined by sports economist for his worth to the lakers. So yes you have the mid tier and very good players overpaid a bit, but the superstars should all be making at least 40 million a year.
^This

xeduran said:
This is why the owners make the money they make. They have huge responsibilities. If the players cannot manage those responsibilities and risk their own money, then they should get paid less. I already offered a good solution. The players can buy some of the team. The owner would still run the team, but the players would share some of the risk. As a reward, they would share the profits as well. That is the fair balance.
The salary cap is basically what you outlined. The cap is the percentage of revenue the NBA generates which is essentially based on the players. Tickets, TV, paraphernalia and concessions. If that goes down so does the cap. If it goes up.........so does the cap. So the players "negotiated" pay is determined by the revenue they generate. Now when these dumb a.ss owners go over the cap and pay All Stars like superstars well then that's when it looks stupid.

Just think about this name any other pro sport that has a "max" contract? All the other sports the top paid guys are based on the open market. A Rod was making $25M ten years ago. Jordan was making $30M fifteen years ago. But yet the 3 time MVP is making less than $20M now? Way way way underpaid!
 5 years ago '07        #66
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
 ImAMonster said:
Why do mcdonalds employees get paid? All they do is flip burgers
Damn you just gave me an idea......I'm bout to get paid and put a lot of burger flippers out of work!!!
 5 years ago '12        #67
bmandagod 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,252 | Props total: 821 821
true. and not true. Greg Oden got millions for absolutely nothing. He lost them revenue more than he earned them..But Lebron brings in hella money. I think they should get a contract every two years. that whole 5 year 100 million sh*t aint cool if they get an injury and dont even produce sales
 5 years ago '07        #68
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,389 | Props total: 13058 13058
players collectively make a fixed percentage of revenues. rashard lewis getting over $100 mil doesn't take any extra money from the owners, that's just less money to go around for other players. the players will combine to take the same piece of the pie regardless.

big market franchises have a natural advantage and will attract stars regardless of a salary cap. what you end up with is lesser franchises paying mid-tier stars over their value to keep them or because they have to spend their money somewhere. mid-tier players are the most overpaid group in the league, not the superstars.
 5 years ago '07        #69
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1118 1118
 Moony Jackson said:
at least they are millionaires

what about the ncaa ball players

they are designed to be broke while exploited for their talents
Scholarships?
 5 years ago '05        #70
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 240 240
my friend javale is getting paid bank. 44 mil for 4 yrs.......
dude didn't even make varsity basketball as a sophmore
 5 years ago '11        #71
EaStBaYbEaSt 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 101 101
And?? SO does every Baseball, Football,Soccer and a sh1tload of other sports. People make all that money to "play a game". I aint hatin cuz id do any of em in a heartbeat
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
15 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy