Charles Barkley's Sidekick Kenny Smith Says NO NBA Player Right Now Is Worth The Money They Get

most viewed right now
 131
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
48 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 69
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 68
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 54
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #41
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1616 1616
Professional athletes (NBA,NFL,MLB) deserve all that money and a lot more if you're a superstar. They generate a lot of money for these teams and leagues off their hard work. Dedicating their whole lives towards this profession and it finally pays off. I see no problem with them wanting to get paid. They deserve it!
 5 years ago '04        #42
Sotaboy24 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,511 | Props total: 42 42

[video - click to view]



















 5 years ago '11        #43
Optimus Primal 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$570 | Props total: 160 160
 Aquarius said:
hes right all they do is play a fu*king game and they get payed millions...
Yes they do in fact play a game and get paid for it. The thing is they are not playing a "game" on some playground or some rec center. Playing that game is their job, their occupation, their profession. Some people put in time to be scientists, or doctors. Other people put in effort to innovate and create billion dollar companies. Those are their professions and they reap the benefits from them. These players perform a job for a company, the NBA, and by doing so they make that company extremely successful, and they do so locally, nationally and globally. They in turn receive a very small portion of the billions they help make. The word help being used very loosely in this scenario, because unlike typical professions where someone simply performs some variations of tasks related to the overall profession. These players are not only performing the central and most important task related to their occupation, but at the same time they are in fact also the singular and central product. So in reality their existence is crucial to the existence of the league in which they are employed. Any success said league has had and will have is entirely due to these same players, and the ones that came before them. In a world where corporations have effectively separated most employees from the means of production. These men remain not only attached to the means, but also at the same time exist as the product. In conclusion if anything they are not being compensated well enough for playing a "game" that generates enormous amounts of revenue, solely due to the abilities these men possess and the desire other people have for paying to see these men perform.
 5 years ago '10        #44
GriffMcfly 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$3,500 | Props total: 50 50
I watched the whole interview, Kenny smith is a cool a.ss n*gga. Dude was speaking the truth though but in retrospect know how much surgery's cost now days makes a ton of sense on paying these nba plays that money.
 5 years ago '04        #45
~:Frank White:~ 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$1,765 | Props total: 135 135
Charles Barkley's Sidekick Kenny Smith?
 5 years ago '04        #46
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
avatar space
space
$18,928 | Props total: 4463 4463
 Rubix said:
Why do rappers get paid millions? All they do is fu*ken rhyme words.

Why do actors get paid millions? All they do is make movies.

Etc, etc..
all these people get paid based off who wants to see them who wants hear them and based off how many tickets a movie will sell!

team sports is different kinda kus they get paid millions even if no one wants to see them live
they get paid to play a game and its kus we spend our money making that game popular if no one went to games or watched tv or bought merchandise they would get paid way less then they do

same for any entertainer they make what we allow them to make
 5 years ago '04        #47
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
avatar space
space
$18,928 | Props total: 4463 4463
 Rawse Bawse said:
Professional athletes (NBA,NFL,MLB) deserve all that money and a lot more if you're a superstar. They generate a lot of money for these teams and leagues off their hard work. Dedicating their whole lives towards this profession and it finally pays off. I see no problem with them wanting to get paid. They deserve it!
youre right

but it people that do way more important things yet get payed so much less! without the cops teachers soldiers doctors scientist etc... it would be no athletes
 5 years ago '12        #48
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,440 | Props total: 950 950
Yo, fu*k the NBA b. If I was Kobe or Lebron I would form a player owned leauge where they split the profits without the vultures and middleman aka the slave owners
 07-29-2012, 07:16 AM         #49
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Prostyle said:
Yo, fu*k the NBA b. If I was Kobe or Lebron I would form a player owned leauge where they split the profits without the vultures and middleman aka the slave owners
They do not want to do that because it is hard to make a profit being an owner. No player wants to put their money where their mouth is and take on that kind of risk. Instead they let the owners take all the risk and complain about their wages. Only in sports are employees paid ridiculous amounts of money.

Please miss me with that "only a few can play at that level" bullsh*t. Only a few people in this world can create a new piece of technology that benefits the entire planet. They do not get paid anywhere near the kind of money athletes get paid. Apple makes billions of dollars each quarter and the designer of the Iphone does not get paid anywhere near what athletes get paid. The designer of the Iphone generates more money for Apple than any player ever has for an NBA team. Yet his salary does not reflect that. He is getting paid because he bought a lot of stock in Apple way back when.

If players want more money, then f!ght for part ownership. Pay for part ownership and make your money on the team's success. If the team is not profitable then the player loses money just like the owner. If the team is profitable then the player makes money just like the owner.

This world is backwards. We pay people ridiculous amounts of money for something that really does not mean much. Yet people who make huge differences in the world get paid crumbs in comparison. And then people on here defend the pay with ridiculous excuses. Standards that are not applied in any other business, even when the employee has talents that less than 1% of the population possesses.

And for the record, actors can be thrown in the same discussion. Anything entertainment related we pay employees ridiculous amounts of money. There have been movies that tanked and lost money yet the actors got paid very well. We put more value in entertainment than actual benefits to humanity.


Last edited by xeduran; 07-29-2012 at 07:24 AM..
 07-29-2012, 07:50 AM         #50
WordOnThaStreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
Only in sports are employees paid ridiculous amounts of money.


ever heard of financial services? You don't know what you're talking about, if you really have that much of a problem with how much they get paid then don't watch espn or professional sports because every time you do your boosting paychecks.
 07-29-2012, 08:00 AM         #51
WordOnThaStreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
If players want more money, then f!ght for part ownership. Pay for part ownership and make your money on the team's success. If the team is not profitable then the player loses money just like the owner. If the team is profitable then the player makes money just like the owner.

This world is backwards. We pay people ridiculous amounts of money for something that really does not mean much. Yet people who make huge differences in the world get paid crumbs in comparison. And then people on here defend the pay with ridiculous excuses. Standards that are not applied in any other business, even when the employee has talents that less than 1% of the population possesses.

And for the record, actors can be thrown in the same discussion. Anything entertainment related we pay employees ridiculous amounts of money. There have been movies that tanked and lost money yet the actors got paid very well. We put more value in entertainment than actual benefits to humanity.
so its okay for owners to make billions but its wrong for players to get paid right? Every corporation's highest talents get paid good money, you do know that the NBA employs more people than just players and they're not all making millions right??? Do you know how hard it would be to play and own a team at the same time?? use your brain, players workout 3 times a day and barely have time to see their families let alone run a billion dollar enterprise during a 82 game season plus playoffs. Show me a profession where you HAVE to be among the best in the world just to get hired and then constantly f!ght off the worlds best competition from taking your spot and i guarantee you their gettin paid good money. You comparing and NBA player to below average teachers who can't even get their students to graduate is beyond retarded, You need a lesson in life
 5 years ago '04        #52
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,767 | Props total: 1083 1083
 WADECOUNTY said:
Amen.


We should base it off Michael Jordan's salary before the 2 1-year 30 million dollar contracts... He was winning rings getting paid like 4 million a year until his last 2 years where he balled out.

Most of the bums in the league making more than Jordan did in his prime

I guess in the long run, contract money ain't important, it's what you do with it and how you invest it is what is important. Oh and endorsements help
Inflation...............google it. Also MJ was getting r*ped by the Bulls. From your logic Kukoc would have been making more than MJ if he kept that slave as contract after returning from his fathers death.

Oh and the amount the NBA makes now vs. then is so drastically different. The NBA pulls in over two billion a year in revenue. Back in MJ's hey dey they weren't even at a billie!
 07-29-2012, 08:19 AM         #53
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fact is there r only 5 players who are actually Max contract players. Is any1 really gonna argue that Joe Johnson is a mx player? That Roy Hilbert is not overpaid? That that contract they gave Rashard Lewis Ain't ridiculous. Jeremy Lin got 25 mill over 3 years for his short work. Its not hating its just the truth. I can rock with lebron be Max because with what he does on the court he deserves that and more. I actually think They're getting a deal With him being under 20 mill. Dwight Howard should never be a 1st option on offense, he just does not have enough offensive output to justify it, so while I say He's a borderline Max, if him being his size and ability in this weak center he should be dominating.
 5 years ago '10        #54
USC 79 heat pts79
space
avatar space
space
$21,492 | Props total: 9785 9785
stop hatin
 5 years ago '06        #55
aussie08 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,110 | Props total: 1314 1314
 Skratch said:
I miss kenny smith he still announce? i dont recall seeing him this year

 07-29-2012, 08:38 AM         #56
Willie Lee Macc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Basically all these players are overpaid and tickets are overpriced because of it. Same with other sports as well, but if people are willing to overpay for a product, then you can make the argument that the price is a fair one. There was a time when ticket prices were at a price where a regular middle class family of 5 could afford to go to a game as a family, now that's not the case especially with the bigger market teams.
 07-29-2012, 08:41 AM         #57
Willie Lee Macc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GriffMcfly said:
I watched the whole interview, Kenny smith is a cool a.ss n*gga. Dude was speaking the truth though but in retrospect know how much surgery's cost now days makes a ton of sense on paying these nba plays that money.
Are you insinuating that players pay for their own surgeries or even the rehab?
 5 years ago '08        #58
The N 466 heat pts466
space
avatar space
space
$45,534 | Props total: 17158 17158
<<<<He right about this guy

 07-29-2012, 09:28 AM         #59
bigree61  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he damn sho shouldnt get that tnt money he gets
 07-29-2012, 09:39 AM         #60
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WordOnThaStreet said:
so its okay for owners to make billions but its wrong for players to get paid right? Every corporation's highest talents get paid good money, you do know that the NBA employs more people than just players and they're not all making millions right??? Do you know how hard it would be to play and own a team at the same time?? use your brain, players workout 3 times a day and barely have time to see their families let alone run a billion dollar enterprise during a 82 game season plus playoffs. Show me a profession where you HAVE to be among the best in the world just to get hired and then constantly f!ght off the worlds best competition from taking your spot and i guarantee you their gettin paid good money. You comparing and NBA player to below average teachers who can't even get their students to graduate is beyond retarded, You need a lesson in life
This is why the owners make the money they make. They have huge responsibilities. If the players cannot manage those responsibilities and risk their own money, then they should get paid less. I already offered a good solution. The players can buy some of the team. The owner would still run the team, but the players would share some of the risk. As a reward, they would share the profits as well. That is the fair balance.

As for professions. Do you have any idea how hard it is to become best in your profession. I am not talking about teachers, I did not even mention teachers. I am talking about mainly scientists and engineers. You know, the people who actually make this world progress in terms of technological advancement and medical advancement. You are the one who needs a lesson in life cause you obviously do not understand how it works. If you think just anybody can develop a vaccine or cure then you are the retarded person. If you think just anybody can come up with new theories in physics or biology, which leads to advancements in technology, then you are the retarded person.

Grow the f*ck up and learn how the business world works. There are exceptional people many fields out in the business world who cannot be replaced easily. You think IQ and application of that IQ can just be learned by going to school and studying? It does not work that way. Only a few extremely mentally talented people can bring true advancements into this world. Those people are paid crumbs compared to athletes. I already mentioned the designer of the Iphone for instance. I see you completely ignored that one.

You guys overvalue athletic ability and extremely undervalue intellectual ability.

Nobody at Apple makes the amount of money NBA players make with maybe the exception of the CEO, who is making all the major decisions. Apple makes more money than the entire league. That is just one example.

Samsung is another example, Automotive industry, P&G, MS, etc. All these companies make tons of money in profits, yet their smartest people (who cannot be easily replaced) do not make anywhere near what athletes make. Even though the companies themselves generally make more profit in one quarter than the NBA does for the entire season+playoffs.

So please, learn more about the business world before you start talking about exception talent. A lot of companies out there have strict hiring processes. Plenty of people competing with other people from all over the world. It is not in athletics, but it is in their appropriate field.


Last edited by xeduran; 07-29-2012 at 09:50 AM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 95
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
29 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 47
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
207 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 43
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
139 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
79 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
190 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 34
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
235 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
32 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
98 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy