this dude andre 3000 is so overrated.

most viewed right now
 111
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 80
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 75
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 57
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #81
Flatbush85 54 heat pts54
space
avatar space
space
$14,388 | Props total: 696 696
 Yung Dilla said:


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> fu*k outta here b
 J-Dogg said:
this should silence anyone calling dude overrated.....

We give y'all a chance to convince us 3K aint the Terrell Owens of rap and yall fail miserably every-time.
 5 years ago '07        #82
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 ballergenetics said:
@ people cosigning this sh*t. Nice little spin off thread here though. I've always found P to be mad overrated.
p is def underrated.p was def a beast from about 95 to 05
 07-29-2012, 12:22 AM         #83
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Prodigy had a great run up until Murda Muzik, but has been highly inconsistent since then........just for the hell of it, another classic 3 Stacks 16:


[video - click to view]

 5 years ago '07        #84
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
avatar space
space
$22,348 | Props total: 2063 2063
 V.R. Nabor said:
Stop with the top 5 sh*t... This n*gga ain't done sh*t for the game like
PAC
Nas
Big
Face
Jay
Em
How the fu*k is he better than any of these dudes smh
Dont mention Em either. His albums arent worthy of being called Classic


Last edited by 240ka; 07-29-2012 at 01:38 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #85
timdog 924 heat pts924
space
avatar space
space
$30,500 | Props total: 15044 15044
 r.burgundy said:
im tha same age as u,and ive heard enough face in my life also

and if your gonna name every scarface album please just stop

post me face verse as ill as dre's verse on thought process.lets see who really knows music
Dear Diary, I'm having a little problem
I cant make it by myself maybe you can help me solve em
I'm confused and I dont know what to do
I'm hoping you can help me cause there's no one else to talk to
I want to die, but it ain't for me
I try to talk to my dad, but my old man ignores me
He says I'm delirious
And I drink too much, so he doesnt take me serious
But little does he know I'm really losing it
I got a head, but aint no screws in it
I be thinking deep
Thats one of the reasons at night I cant sleep
I thought it would change when I was older
But even now I'm still peeping over my shoulder
Theres your life after death too
And what about the man with the cane and the black suit?
And what about cancer?
Too many motherfu*king questions, and not enough answers
Aint no use in trying
We might as all face it we were all born dying
Theres a black book in Brad's hands
And its the diary of a madman
 5 years ago '07        #86
timdog 924 heat pts924
space
avatar space
space
$30,500 | Props total: 15044 15044
 r.burgundy said:
p is def underrated.p was def a beast from about 95 to 05
i agree

Prodigy At 1 Time Was The Best Rapper in The Game Says Jay-Z.





mobb deep had like 4 classics in row and hnic was a classic imo
 5 years ago '12        #87
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
avatar space
space
$69,764 | Props total: 22146 22146
 r.burgundy said:
what classic solo albums does scarface have?

ever so often?were u alive for his career b4 that?



This idiot is trolling.


Mr. Scarface is Back
The Diary
The Fix
The World is Yours




How old are you? 10?
 5 years ago '07        #88
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 ThePainkiller said:



This idiot is trolling.


Mr. Scarface is Back
The Diary
The Fix
The World is Yours




How old are you? 10?
your white,a weirdo,and under 25,so please tell me how many of those albums hav u heard?u be in tc talkin about judas priest lol
 5 years ago '07        #89
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 timdog said:
Dear Diary, I'm having a little problem
I cant make it by myself maybe you can help me solve em
I'm confused and I dont know what to do
I'm hoping you can help me cause there's no one else to talk to
I want to die, but it ain't for me
I try to talk to my dad, but my old man ignores me
He says I'm delirious
And I drink too much, so he doesnt take me serious
But little does he know I'm really losing it
I got a head, but aint no screws in it
I be thinking deep
Thats one of the reasons at night I cant sleep
I thought it would change when I was older
But even now I'm still peeping over my shoulder
Theres your life after death too
And what about the man with the cane and the black suit?
And what about cancer?
Too many motherfu*king questions, and not enough answers
Aint no use in trying
We might as all face it we were all born dying
Theres a black book in Brad's hands
And its the diary of a madman
u might need to try somethin from lata in his catalogue

Now as an Outkast I was born, wasn't warned of the harm
That would come to meet me like Met Life, but yet life
Done sent me through a lot of up's and down like it ain't nothing'
Like elevators but I ain't the one that's pushin' the buttons
I got off at the 13th floor, when they told me that it wasn't one
They said it skipped from 12 to 14
Still smoking, still drinking, no I'm sittin' on the Lincoln
4 A.M. thinkin' that in reality the world is like a ball full of playas
We trapped off in this maze with walls made of layers
And only prayers is the tightest game that you can have
The devil's takin' a swing that might explain the broken glass
But my crystal ball see the pistol fall to the wayside
Nobody would die in cops and robbers when we used to play rightHuh, the only thang we feared was Williams, Wayne
Never though about hittin' licks or slangin' caine
Didn't think I'd be the one to give in to abortion
Label me murderer because my a.ss is scorchin'
Hot from the glock that sits under my seat
Yeah, it's real fu*ked up that my floks come to get me
And it's like dat, yeah...and it's like dat


Last edited by r.burgundy; 07-29-2012 at 01:58 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #90
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
avatar space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
Prodigy nor Mobb Deep should have never been brought up

Get the entire fu*k outta here with that. They did their lil thing but they not on Kast level.
 5 years ago '12        #91
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$16,392 | Props total: 5652 5652
 Sam Rothstein said:
He's respected mostly for being different. You listen to those Outkast albums and you don't hear all that excessive dope, gang, and hoe talk. And it didn't happen over night, he is who he is because of what he has been doing over time, simply staying in his own lane and having good relationships with the right people. And he come with some dope philosophy on tracks.
 5 years ago '12        #92
OrangeSoda 98 heat pts98 OP
space
space
space
$14,611 | Props total: 5639 5639
 NO RELIGION said:
Jose (thaTruest) what do you have against 3 $tacks
lol real sh*t u gotta stop comparing me to the truest in every thread bro. i been on the box since 2004 but my old account got banned bedause of sensative a.ss moderators during the WTT release.

andre does not bring anything extraordinary to any track his sh*t is hella simple. but n*ggas overrate him like he's top 10 or some sh*t. i do NOT see his appeal. his charisma aint there. his lyrics aint there. his track making skills aint there ..... so what is it?
 07-29-2012, 09:05 AM         #93
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ONLY reason 3 stacks gets his overhyped love is cuz the South really wants to claim a lyricist on par with the likes of a Nas, Jay Z, Tupac, Big etc.

I'm actually a huge Outkast fan. However, I can't even put 3 stacks in my top 10 without a solo joint to judge him by. I agree with T/S till then
 07-29-2012, 09:29 AM         #94
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think you guys need to understand the historical significance of Outkast. They made good music, but they also paved the way for a lot of southern rappers.

These guys were booed at The Source Awards out of pure ignorance. The east coast had pure hate for south because their music was so different from what they were putting out They thought their music was intellectually better than the music coming out from the south. I don't see how a record can make you smarter, the only thing it can do is inform you.

I think the east coast wanted to do something else with the music that was impossible to do. Instead of wanting to make a living off of rap they wanted to transform it into something more powerful and more informing. However, you can't save everyone. What good is information if everyone has the same information. I think that's where the east got confused.

Outkast at that time represented the south. These guys had music videos on TRL and everything. Everything was poppy as fu*k on that show. They were making music that southern artist typically weren't known for.

Whether you guys like it or not southern artists still hold a grudge against east coast artists because they thought they were idiots. You can hear this in J. Cole's music. Now it's really funny that everyone copying what the south is doing.

and you know who is laughing the most? Andre 3000.
 5 years ago '05        #95
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
I'll agree with everyone saying big boi is underrated, but Andre 3k himself isn't overrated at all, if anything he is underrated and it's proven by how many people in this thread hate on him.

Yeah SOME of his verses get overrated as fu*k now, but lyrically and as a musician, dude is amazing and Outkast was ahead of their time.

If you can't get into Outkasts first 4 albums then you probably won't see it and you're missing out on some amazing music, it is what it is.
 5 years ago '12        #96
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$12,358 | Props total: 2100 2100
 psylence2k said:
it does seem like the less and less he rapped the more critically acclaimed he became.

it seems the scarcity of his new material is directly related to his overwhelming popularity as of late.

which is weird because all of his best work is from more than 10 years ago.
This ya'll are judging him off of his guest verses which aren't as good as the sh*t he dropped when oukast put out albums

 Sam Rothstein said:
Whether you guys like it or not southern artists still hold a grudge against east coast artists because they thought they were idiots. You can hear this in J. Cole's music. Now it's really funny that everyone copying what the south is doing. and you know who is laughing the most? Andre 3000.
ESPECIALLY THE EAST COAST they can't do anything without jackin someone else's style AFTER they hate on it and still can get back on top

 Philly B said:
If you can't get into Outkasts first 4 albums then you probably won't see it and you're missing out on some amazing music, it is what it is.
This ya'll need to take time to listen to the older albums and stop judging him strictly of the guest verses he drops these days. I like outkast alot BUT I can't put andre 3000 in a top 10 until he drops a classic solo. The Love Below alone ain't gonna cut it
 5 years ago '07        #97
timdog 924 heat pts924
space
avatar space
space
$30,500 | Props total: 15044 15044
 Sam Rothstein said:
I think you guys need to understand the historical significance of Outkast. They made good music, but they also paved the way for a lot of southern rappers.

These guys were booed at The Source Awards out of pure ignorance. The east coast had pure hate for south because their music was so different from what they were putting out They thought their music was intellectually better than the music coming out from the south. I don't see how a record can make you smarter, the only thing it can do is inform you.

I think the east coast wanted to do something else with the music that was impossible to do. Instead of wanting to make a living off of rap they wanted to transform it into something more powerful and more informing. However, you can't save everyone. What good is information if everyone has the same information. I think that's where the east got confused.

Outkast at that time represented the south. These guys had music videos on TRL and everything. Everything was poppy as fu*k on that show. They were making music that southern artist typically weren't known for.

Whether you guys like it or not southern artists still hold a grudge against east coast artists because they thought they were idiots. You can hear this in J. Cole's music. Now it's really funny that everyone copying what the south is doing.

and you know who is laughing the most? Andre 3000.
 5 years ago '07        #98
timdog 924 heat pts924
space
avatar space
space
$30,500 | Props total: 15044 15044
 Nyuzi said:
Prodigy nor Mobb Deep should have never been brought up

Get the entire fu*k outta here with that. They did their lil thing but they not on Kast level.
why not two different groups and styles
 5 years ago '07        #99
timdog 924 heat pts924
space
avatar space
space
$30,500 | Props total: 15044 15044
 ballergenetics said:
C'mon Tim ....
the infamous
hell on earth
murda musik
infamy

hnic prodigy solo


call me when andre drops a solo album
 5 years ago '07        #100
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 ballergenetics said:
These aren't classic albums Tim. HNIC is close though...
infamy no,but murda muzik is def a classic
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 8
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy