Im From The Hood Part II: I Used To Get Shoes From Payless...

most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
94 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-28-2012, 01:59 AM         #61
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you aint a real n*gga if you never had payless shoes

naw but every n*gga from the hood atleast had a pair of lofers

my sh*t use to look like they could be gucci penny and all
 5 years ago '07        #62
whowantit 36 heat pts36
space
space
$3,716 | Props total: 4748 4748

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

If you didn't own a pair of these or those velcro cartoon shoes like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles, then you were robbed of a childhood
 5 years ago '09        #63
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,832 | Props total: 1048 1048
Those la gears look hot
 5 years ago '09        #64
Dice 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 187 187
Had one pair of kicks every year. Were usually nikes but I wore the sh*t out of them. I remember my moter buying me these boots from Sears though in like 8th grade.

n*ggas used to say I had Bogo boots I hardly ever wore those boots that year.
 5 years ago '05        #65
_Player2 208 heat pts208
space
space
$13,407 | Props total: 9256 9256
 RAZAH CUTS said:
when I was a youngin I was rockin them Spalding Hakem Olajuwon's straight outta Montgomery Ward's fammo!!

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

sh*t's were like $25 bucks.. had both pairs.. and fu*k the bullsh*t.. i loved em'.. I knew they was some cheapies, but that's all mom dukes was tryin to cop for me at the time...

my folks worked hard for their money man, and when we was in elementary school and middle school they wasn't finna be droppin wild loot on our shoes.. they old school, they don't and can't understand ppl spending a hundred bucks on gym shoes..

For basketball season my pops would cop us a decent pair of kicks tho..and football season we got some halfway decent cleats..but it wasn't til like 8th grade and high school that we was really gettin jobs and able to drop loot on our own sh*t..

I dunno.. i just looked at it different b/c they were a player's shoe yahmean.. I remember loving them sh*ts yo.. they did get tore up quick as fu*k tho.. balled in them sh*ts everyday on the outside courts which were rock gravel paved over.. sh*t was ROUGH on kicks..

them sh*ts have a special place in my heart though.. word up.. if I saw em' in the store today I'd cop some, real talk..just for the nostalgia of it.. I don't give a fu*k, my room is littered with Nike, Adidas and Timberland these days.. over 50 pairs.. but I don't got history with none of the shoes like I do these..

Breh took it back. RIP Montgomery Ward (and Service Merchandise)
 5 years ago '07        #66
Just1Spark 
space
space
$2,234 | Props total: 75 75
Got all my kicks from the Navy Exchange. I remember seeing OG Penny 2s in the clearance rack.
 5 years ago '05        #67
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,402 | Props total: 677 677
I wore spaldings and starters until I knew better around about 7 or 8 (2nd or 3rd grade) been a nike/jordan head ever since.... got my first pair of air max 95s in the 3rd grade... the grey, sliver, white ones with the red bubble and check...
 5 years ago '09        #68
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,093 | Props total: 1830 1830
My moms (single wit 2 kids) wasn't droppin' no bean on no damn shoes b. I mean, once a year she would cop some fresh uptowns maybe, but that was it. The rest of the year it was straight Payless or some other cheap sh*t.

I still get my dress shoes there to this day. sh*t, even found some nice a.ss boots there last year that I still wear from time to time. I don't really rock tennis shoes like that anyway. I'll wear a pair of Nike boots all year round if I feel like it. Plus, I like keeping my money.
 5 years ago '10        #69
RasheeD WalletZ 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,999 | Props total: 469 469
cheapest shoe i wore growing up i'd a.ssume were LA gear. and back then them sh*ts were dope as fu*k in belize. sooooooooooooooo......win
 5 years ago '08        #70
thefireisreal 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$107 | Props total: 32 32
still have my size 14 champions sneaks...can't get shoes from payless no more (size 16 now)
 5 years ago '05        #71
Kallywood 
space
space
space
$698 | Props total: 37 37
sure i had a pair of shaq's that were 34.95
 5 years ago '04        #72
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 2568 2568
Started at skippys from the supermarket, then I graduated to payless, then to kmart...once I got into hs though my sister got me a pair of forces, which was like a week pay for her back then...then in HS I used to steal jordans and sh*t from the mall, now though I get/got everything I like
 5 years ago '07        #73
KingKobraAtlant 
space
space
$1,010 | Props total: 99 99
 NAKHI ALLAH said:
Sorry guys been drenched in polo since a baby....lol
n*gga, Polo was cheap back them. So was Gucci and Louis.
 5 years ago '07        #74
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,743 | Props total: 159 159
Nah we always had name brand shoes. Even if moms had to hit up a discount store or something. If we did get a pair of K-Mart or Walmart type sneakers it was play shoes. We never was able to wear the good sh*t outside to play but those cheap sh*ts could get dirty.
 5 years ago '07        #75
Avon_Barksdale 4344 heat pts4344 OP
space
space
$42,483 | Props total: 56015 56015
 arthurmack27 said:
yall frontin muthafu*kas, acting like some of yall didnt grow up broke. im proud of my past, no matter how bad it seemed at the time. lol. all i know is being seen in payless by ur friends was like being seen at the grocery store on the 1st with 2 baskets full of sh*t. and in my day there was no fu*kin EBT card to play off like it was a debit card, just food stamps. shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. yall takin me back. lol

xj-900s - payless
faded glory -wal mart
jerseys of n*ggas no longer on the team - any surplus store or 90% rack
canned meats and blocks of cheese that u couldnt slice - welfare
rtd - old school los angeles bus system
nintendo u had to sit on its side, cartridges u blew in to make work
putting foil on the antenna for reception cus i didnt have cable
heavy swapmeet skateboards w/he big pink gumball wheels (was always pink and green )
/thread...THATS REAL n*gga SHYT...!!!
 5 years ago '07        #77
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,743 | Props total: 159 159
 Nu Tymez said:
No one else had both name brand and Payless sneakers? Mom would buy nice sneakers for school but you also had some busted Payless sneakers to run and play in when you were a shorty.. Had to take off your nice shoes as soon as you got home...
Yeah I had this, we use to take off the nice shoes and clothes as soon as we stepped in the house. So our shoes would last until they didn't fit anymore. But those cheap sh*ts would last until they started barking.

Last edited by Tony_Stylezzz; 07-28-2012 at 07:28 AM..
 07-28-2012, 07:42 AM         #78
jgarza10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 07-28-2012, 08:22 AM         #79
Jets Fool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Who remember Shaq shoes in Payless? lol
 5 years ago '11        #80
ChickBoss414 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,547 | Props total: 318 318
-- Oh the painful joy of being poor in the 80's! Shout out to xj-900's, stadia, kaepa, pro-keds, (kanga)roos and these joints...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Used to catch them on clearance at MC Sporting goods without failure. Them joints is flying in squad formation son!

-- Even though I am scarred for life over all the ribbing I got for being poor, I miss those days something awful
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
75 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
39 comments
19 hours ago