Im From The Hood Part II: I Used To Get Shoes From Payless...

most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
121 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #41
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
I was in private school for most of my upbringing, but with scholarships. I got new sneakers every six-eight months, but my shoes for the dress code always came from Payless. And the uniform gear came from Youngworld.
 5 years ago '08        #42
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
yall frontin muthafu*kas, acting like some of yall didnt grow up broke. im proud of my past, no matter how bad it seemed at the time. lol. all i know is being seen in payless by ur friends was like being seen at the grocery store on the 1st with 2 baskets full of sh*t. and in my day there was no fu*kin EBT card to play off like it was a debit card, just food stamps. shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. yall takin me back. lol

xj-900s - payless
faded glory -wal mart
jerseys of n*ggas no longer on the team - any surplus store or 90% rack
canned meats and blocks of cheese that u couldnt slice - welfare
rtd - old school los angeles bus system
nintendo u had to sit on its side, cartridges u blew in to make work
putting foil on the antenna for reception cus i didnt have cable
heavy swapmeet skateboards w/he big pink gumball wheels (was always pink and green )
 5 years ago '04        #43
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,623 | Props total: 8 8
Im not black and arrogant so I dont waste money on shoes
 5 years ago '10        #44
Rebirth46 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,997 | Props total: 982 982
I used to have some shaqs my mom was raising us up on her own/NO gOV checks and we couldn't have any shoes that costed more than $50
 5 years ago '11        #45
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Had J's as a child, never wore em. My dad was extra pissed and never bought me shoes again i didn't know how expensive those shoes were.
 5 years ago '04        #46
Dee 
space
space
$1,138 | Props total: 0 0
 R3KT915 said:
I used to wear Spaulding pumps ha and la gear with the lights..but in 3rd grade the only shoes I was able to wear was some ridell cleats to school because my parents couldn't get me any shoes at the time so the only ones I had left was cleats..after that I would mow lawns do mad house wrk wash cars and sh*t and by my own shoes... No one said sh*t tho about wearing cleats to school I'd always play football
Damn thats crazy I remember a kid thats used to wear cleats in the 4th grade. I felt bad for the kid .
 07-28-2012, 12:11 AM         #47
FASTLIFE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
having divorced parents was trippy lived with my pops who was broke had to wear a couple bullsh*t sneakers back in the day (bootleg timbs, shaqs from payless, stuff off the rack, irregular jeans and t shirts cuz they was cheap) but at the same time momdukes would by us jordans and nice sh*t right before school started in september
 07-28-2012, 12:12 AM         #48
R3KT915 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dee said:
Damn thats crazy I remember a kid thats used to wear cleats in the 4th grade. I felt bad for the kid .
It was cool tho no one talked sh*t I was the kid that was cool with everyone and played football all the time so no one cared... I just think back and laugh now...it be all quiet in class and I'd get up to sharpen my pencil my shoes were loud as hell on that tile haha
 07-28-2012, 12:18 AM         #49
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
shaqs >>>>>>>>>>>>

even tho they fell apart in a month
 5 years ago '10        #50
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,408 | Props total: 2275 2275
When I was younger.. Academy>>> All my shoes was from there. I remember they had Jordan's there (or at least that's what I think). Copped my first pair of Jay's then at least 10 years old.
 5 years ago '11        #51
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535
space
space
$52,289 | Props total: 19998 19998
Nikes on my feet always kept my cypher complete
 5 years ago '04        #52
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,357 | Props total: 8456 8456
my moms bought me Jordache sneakers from Payless when I was in 7th grade
lied to my friends and said they were the team basketball shoe. instead of a jumpman logo it was a logo of a dude shooting a freethrow and the kicks look just like the

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #53
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
No one else had both name brand and Payless sneakers? Mom would buy nice sneakers for school but you also had some busted Payless sneakers to run and play in when you were a shorty.. Had to take off your nice shoes as soon as you got home...
 5 years ago '08        #54
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,028 | Props total: 5088 5088
Nah can't fu*k around on shoes I've alway kept the feet right. My older aunt and uncles hated on me so bad have because I had the red snake skinned Fila's when I was 6. I was just looking like
 5 years ago '06        #55
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
when I was a youngin I was rockin them Spalding Hakem Olajuwon's straight outta Montgomery Ward's fammo!!

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

sh*t's were like $25 bucks.. had both pairs.. and fu*k the bullsh*t.. i loved em'.. I knew they was some cheapies, but that's all mom dukes was tryin to cop for me at the time...

my folks worked hard for their money man, and when we was in elementary school and middle school they wasn't finna be droppin wild loot on our shoes.. they old school, they don't and can't understand ppl spending a hundred bucks on gym shoes..

For basketball season my pops would cop us a decent pair of kicks tho..and football season we got some halfway decent cleats..but it wasn't til like 8th grade and high school that we was really gettin jobs and able to drop loot on our own sh*t..

I dunno.. i just looked at it different b/c they were a player's shoe yahmean.. I remember loving them sh*ts yo.. they did get tore up quick as fu*k tho.. balled in them sh*ts everyday on the outside courts which were rock gravel paved over.. sh*t was ROUGH on kicks..

them sh*ts have a special place in my heart though.. word up.. if I saw em' in the store today I'd cop some, real talk..just for the nostalgia of it.. I don't give a fu*k, my room is littered with Nike, Adidas and Timberland these days.. over 50 pairs.. but I don't got history with none of the shoes like I do these..

Last edited by RAZAH CUTS; 07-28-2012 at 01:43 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #56
OrangeSoda 98 heat pts98
space
space
space
$14,611 | Props total: 5639 5639
i had some kinda bootleg timberland joints they were fly as fu*k!!!!
 5 years ago '11        #57
Gou 
space
space
$914 | Props total: 271 271
I had to rock everlasts
 5 years ago '08        #58
I_make_beatz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,481 | Props total: 649 649
 R3KT915 said:
I used to wear Spaulding pumps ha and la gear with the lights..but in 3rd grade the only shoes I was able to wear was some ridell cleats to school because my parents couldn't get me any shoes at the time so the only ones I had left was cleats..after that I would mow lawns do mad house wrk wash cars and sh*t and by my own shoes... No one said sh*t tho about wearing cleats to school I'd always play football
 5 years ago '08        #59
I_make_beatz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,481 | Props total: 649 649
 arthurmack27 said:
yall frontin muthafu*kas, acting like some of yall didnt grow up broke. im proud of my past, no matter how bad it seemed at the time. lol. all i know is being seen in payless by ur friends was like being seen at the grocery store on the 1st with 2 baskets full of sh*t. and in my day there was no fu*kin EBT card to play off like it was a debit card, just food stamps. shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. yall takin me back. lol

xj-900s - payless
faded glory -wal mart
jerseys of n*ggas no longer on the team - any surplus store or 90% rack
canned meats and blocks of cheese that u couldnt slice - welfare
rtd - old school los angeles bus system
nintendo u had to sit on its side, cartridges u blew in to make work
putting foil on the antenna for reception cus i didnt have cable
heavy swapmeet skateboards w/he big pink gumball wheels (was always pink and green )
 5 years ago '10        #60
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,413 | Props total: 6247 6247
shaqs went hard
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago