Lupe Fiasco Says "97% Of Hip Hop Is Terrible," Praises Drake & Slaughterhouse

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
133 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-26-2012, 04:17 PM         #81
WordOnThaStreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sandninja said:
NO LUPE don't publically say you wanna go indie that's not how I would play the music game man... you got one more album, the majors know if they push that REAL good and the album is a success, after you leave them you're just going to have great indie success thanks to their help, so they're not gonna focus on your album after this one goddamit.

If i were him i would've lied like "yeahh i'm thinking of sticking with the major i'm with right now" then last minute dip on some "iunno.. it just doesn't feel right"
if you listen to the interview he says that the label already told him they weren't going to push his record
 07-26-2012, 04:27 PM         #82
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Someone who made the album "Lasers" should not be calling other hip hop terrible. That record was awful.
 5 years ago '11        #83
Chad09 160 heat pts160
space
space
$10,966 | Props total: 637 637
Lupe needs to sign with TDE.
 07-26-2012, 04:43 PM         #84
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's in the 97%
 07-26-2012, 04:46 PM         #85
WordOnThaStreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Got Cheeve? said:
Someone who made the album "Lasers" should not be calling other hip hop terrible. That record was awful.
he was talking about the substance in the records not that the music itself is horrible, the thread title is misleading and most of yall got so offended cuz ya itunes is full of bullshyt that you couldn't help but run in here and hate without even watching the interview.
 5 years ago '08        #86
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
DRake is a really good rapper when he wants to be, lately he's been on his RnB sh*t but before that he was seriously one of the best rappers in the game.
 5 years ago '10        #87
Lanil23 
space
space
space
$18 | Props total: 0 0
97% of RAP is terrible, Hip Hop and Rap are two different things. Rap as of recently has been more prevalent in the mainstream than Hip Hop, it's pretty sad to see because there actually used to be a time when Rap was enjoyable.
 5 years ago '11        #88
Blue Dream 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,448 | Props total: 594 594
@ Drake stans inflating the Lupe co-sign for their crush, then acting like he didn't say the same thing about Slaughterhouse.
 07-26-2012, 05:17 PM         #89
DwRecKeR77053 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well alot of hip hop or what is categorized is trash so i agree with lupe..
 07-26-2012, 05:19 PM         #90
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lupe a herb, fu*k him....hes a poor man nasir
 5 years ago '04        #91
chakazulu 1 heat pts
space
space
$557 | Props total: 1 1
he has a point, we live in age where 2 chains is better than rick ross. It's obvious rap is just hustle for most of these n*ggas
 5 years ago '04        #92
Intellectual 
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
97%? Damn Lupe, not 98? Not 96? But 97?

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #93
t76 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,030 | Props total: 223 223
 CTre said:
SlaughterHouse is terrible.. Drizzy is nice with it though
HUH?
 07-26-2012, 05:51 PM         #94
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
97%

are yall n*ggas serious?
 5 years ago '05        #95
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
Lupe is not an outlier to this stat
 5 years ago '11        #96
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,397 | Props total: 3870 3870
 sandninja said:
NO LUPE don't publically say you wanna go indie that's not how I would play the music game man... you got one more album, the majors know if they push that REAL good and the album is a success, after you leave them you're just going to have great indie success thanks to their help, so they're not gonna focus on your album after this one goddamit.

If i were him i would've lied like "yeahh i'm thinking of sticking with the major i'm with right now" then last minute dip on some "iunno.. it just doesn't feel right"
I felt the same man. He needed to jeremy lin that sh*t.
 5 years ago '11        #97
greedy87 2 heat pts
space
space
$11,951 | Props total: 2327 2327
Lupe= buzzkill
 07-26-2012, 06:15 PM         #98
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

black folks are the main ones who criticize their own peeps success, achievements, etc...; always bi*chin about the white man and the black man, but never lift each other up. n*gga mad cause he aint bubblin mainstream? white folks always lift each other up and they support their own and stick together. but just because your brand of hip hop aint hot right now, n*gga mad?

n*ggas is always complaining about somethin...dont get me wrong. some sh*t is so wack that i wont listen either; and i dont listen to the radio much; but damn!

i never hear white rock bands criticize other white rock bands, or country for that matter.

5 years ago '06        #99
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,005 | Props total: 1467 1467
 daman729 said:
praises drake? lol I guess thats cool if a grown man wanna hear another grown sing all the time. And eminem? lol Being lyrical dont mean sh*t if you have no content. Eminem could rap about sticking a gerbil in his a.ss and fu*king a dog and people will swear he k!lled a verse just because of how he presents the bars with his flow. Slaughterhouse is overrated to and theyre turning pop. Just listening to sh*t like "my life" can confirm that. I listen to crooked and royce though,
You kind have a point, but Eminem COULD rap about anything. He has songs with content/emotion, I think you're over looking those. Slaughterhouse is overrated, Joe Budden is one of my favorites though.

I loved Lupe until he started bi*ching all the time, then Lasers came out, and it was a.ss, so he fell off my radar. After reading this, I'm ready for some new Lupe. He said 97% of Hip Hop is terrible, he's right. People who can actually rap (not just make a hit song), that are main stream, you can count on one hand.

I don't get why Drake keeps getting props from legit people; people who I think that would hate Drake seem to love him.
 5 years ago '06        #100
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,005 | Props total: 1467 1467
 3rdcoasta said:
i never hear white rock bands criticize other white rock bands, or country for that matter.
I was talking about this with my (non Black, doesn't really listen rap) friend and said the same thing and I had no reply. Outside of Hip Hop I can't think of any hate, beef, or disses.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy