Lupe Fiasco Breaks Down In Tears On MTV Live When Sway Shows Him His Old Hood In Chicago

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
152 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #141
2TopFlite 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,518 | Props total: 2529 2529
Mane... That was some Authentic sh*t right there ... Got damn man ... Pure Emotion that sh*t hit him hard and once upon a time my dumbass glorified being from the "Hood" some dudes just never get out of that mindstate .. like 50 Said ... "Aint nothing good in the hood I'll Run away from this bi*ch and never come back if I could"
 5 years ago '05        #142
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,924 | Props total: 10782 10782
Classic interview.
 5 years ago '04        #143
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 kh RON OloGiCaL said:
That's a tweak, I'm from the pole n went to SIUC too. I know exactly what you talking bout. n*ggas come out there tryna create whole new personas for themselves.
Exactly. Yet when they go back home, they go back to being house n*ggas..Let's you know how fake they are..All you can do is fall back and laugh at how stupid they make themselves look. Attention wh0ore a.ss n*ggas...
 5 years ago '04        #144
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,899 | Props total: 1127 1127
best rapper interview i seen in 2012

maybe ever

5 years ago '05        #145
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
I'm going to keep it 100% Because I know for a fact that Lupe reads these boards.

Yeah it's cool and all that he cried, and unafraid to show emotion on camera, however I can't help to comment that if he cares that much, to evoke that much emotion. How come I never hear about him on the West side consistently doing fund raisers or handing out school supplies etc.. He clearly has the power and influence to do fund raisers, has the connects to get even small contributions. If he cares that much, why is he not doing HIS part, with the power and celebrity status he holds.
 07-26-2012, 09:08 PM         #146
illcastro 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lil wayne and soulja boi and rick ross and the rest of those fools ain't real like this n*gga.. cuz instead of them trying to uplift people where they're from (mainly blacks) and rap sensible music they helpin the cause by rappin bout money.. hoes.. pus*y.. guns... and all sorta evil sh*t.. thus making..."ghosts" #realtalk
 5 years ago '04        #147
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
- "I see, diamond flooded demons, Lamborghini angels
Halos down with the doors flapping when they came through
Windows up, system bumping, you the one they sang to
Same two, who said they the ones you should send your thanks through
Pockets full of blessings, they can sanctify and saint you
You can hear them revving/reverend up in heaven now, can't you?
Sandals made of chrome, his soul made of leather
An engine full of sinning and candy painted feathers
The sound of the motor only revving/reverend you confess to
I see this all in the eyes of the girl I'm next to
I asked her "Where we going?" and she just told me "Pleasure"
Hands on the wheel and her heels on the acceler-
-rator, told her wait up, she kept going like et cetera
Or like a broken record, we've come too far to just wheel it back selector
So we going ride forever, forever, forever, forever, forever"
- Lupe on Angel's Remix w/ Dirty Money

my current fav verse from dude... will look out for F&L2
 5 years ago '06        #148
daffysm 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 2053 2053
 bornleader said:
Real sh*t..I respect this guy as a person..F*ck the music..Dude has genuine unconditional love for his peoples..The people and place that made him..Call Lupe corny..But he the balance that keeps things in perspective..Period..Salute to the homie..Sh*t is deep..
Real.Talk
 5 years ago '04        #149
J. Jones04 
space
space
$3,849 | Props total: 4 4
Some of you cats are laim as hell hating on lupe... whether you like his music or not. But real recognize real I right?
 07-26-2012, 10:06 PM         #150
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lupe needs to put himself in a position to give people from his community jobs and emplyoment opportunities so they wont get swallowed up in the cycle.

Tears after the fact dont mean sh*t, you need to put your dogs on and give them a way out.
 5 years ago '04        #151
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
 I_make_beatz said:
You see what's wrong with the culture is reflected by some of the negative comments in this thread. All you people reppin' Chi-Town "Bang-Bang" and sh!t like that, let me know how it feels when one of your homies die for no reason, or tell me how your mother feels when your brother dies for no reason. You all want to be ignorant like that sh*t is in fashion and when its too late you wanna cop pleas and get your people to wear "Free such-and-such" T-Shirts. And aT THE END OF THE DAY, LUPE STILL LOVES YOU bi*ch-ASS n*ggaS.
 5 years ago '05        #152
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
 Akira Son Bio said:
Serious question

I see a few dudes posting that people who come up from the hood need to give back. Why? Why should they give back? Why should they bust their a.ss and then throw it away for people just hoping for some sh*t to happen? Why not go out and get it yourself? That really urks me. Dude can get emotional if he wants. Its where he is from. Doesn't mean for every dead body he has to drop a stack to the community. What the hell is that going to do?
Then if you don't give back you shouldn't be getting all emotional period. If you don't care enough to try and change the situation, or at least make appearances for the youth, the next generation who has a chance to escape, whats the point of the tears?

White America already don't give a fu*k about the hood, so you saying people who come from the hood should also not give a fu*k about it either? Thats the reason why black people lack the since of 'community'.. White people give back to their own communities and places, and damn sure make sure they snitch and call crime stoppers to moniter their neighborhood. It's that same "i dont give a fu*k attitude" that has the hood looking the way it does.. If Lupe shares that same mentality as you say he should, he has no business crying period.. I just hope he doesn't.

On one hand you want to talk about how the American government is fu*kin ruining the country and don't care about the hood. But what are you doing as a person to change it, when so few people who come from the hood grow up in a power of position to make that change. You can't pretend to care, and do nothing at all. Pretend to be some sort of rap activist, but what movements have you created? Lupe just seems like a con IMO. Pac was in countless and countless amount of organizations, kids groups giving back. I hope Lupe doesn't think just raping on a beat with a nice tune is going to make the hood magically get better..

Get his a.ss out there and organize some groups to pick up trash, clean up graffiti, simple sh*t.

Last edited by Hold That; 07-26-2012 at 11:11 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #153
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
I don't know if he's giving back or not....but if he's not then he should try to..BUT at the same time he can do his best to give back and create opportunities for his community, but yet these n*ggas are so stuck in this hood mentality that its all they know and they'd rather die for it...and you also gotta factor in that most of them just expect handouts and do try to strive for themselves. Like I said before, we have to influence in motivate others, but if that person can't motivate themselves, then how can he/she be influenced and motivated by someone else? n*ggas are gonna have to change themselves and their ways before any community as a whole can be changed. Its one of them "damn if you do, damn if you don't" situations. If he does give back, then n*ggas are gonna act like he's better than them out of jealousy, or ask him for a handout...yet if he doesn't give back, then n*ggas will act like he doesn't give a damn...
 07-26-2012, 11:55 PM         #154
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I_make_beatz said:
You see what's wrong with the culture is reflected by some of the negative comments in this thread. All you people reppin' Chi-Town "Bang-Bang" and sh!t like that, let me know how it feels when one of your homies die for no reason, or tell me how your mother feels when your brother dies for no reason. You all want to be ignorant like that sh*t is in fashion and when its too late you wanna cop pleas and get your people to wear "Free such-and-such" T-Shirts. And aT THE END OF THE DAY, LUPE STILL LOVES YOU bi*ch-ASS n*ggaS.
This post is way too real for Boxden

You know 97% of the people on this site are fake as fu*k, little spoiled soft n*ggas who have never been near the hood
 07-27-2012, 08:41 AM         #155
Brooklyn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All the uneducated hoodrats in here hating hella hard
 5 years ago '07        #156
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
 Graftedgenes said:
Lupe needs to put himself in a position to give people from his community jobs and emplyoment opportunities so they wont get swallowed up in the cycle.

Tears after the fact dont mean sh*t, you need to put your dogs on and give them a way out.
Lupe should take note from Master P then.
 5 years ago '05        #157
mykemyke44 
space
space
$248 | Props total: 1 1
Respect...
 5 years ago '11        #158
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,207 | Props total: 24674 24674
I wasnt sure before but now i know f&l2 is about to be fire. My n*gga back
 5 years ago '11        #159
Donthate707 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,927 | Props total: 906 906
ppl are actually hating on him for this? smh

lupe one of the realest >>>>
 5 years ago '05        #160
sixmillion007 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 177 177
That was deep!!!!

Lupe is a real dude!!!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
33 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
148 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
46 comments
24 hours ago